Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Thread

• Start Topic

(edited)

Let’s go, Macaw!

The judges all look great tonight! 

WTF is Jenny on? NPH is veering into Ken’s ridiculous guesses. 

@NeenerNeener, we need a clause next season that says Nick and Robin must wear a shirt and it can only have two buttons undone. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
(edited)

I'm so tired of hearing her horrible singing that I just put the show on mute. I'm not even sure why I'm still watching this. There aren't any more good reveals coming up. It's just these two. Phooey.

ETA: Don't care which one wins. I'm out.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 1

I just can't with Medusa. And David Cook won American Idol for a reason. David Archuleta is fine but he's no Pentatonix. Of these two I just don't care and I know it's totally scripted and it's probably Medusa since she had the returning eliminated factor etc. 

• Like 3
(edited)

I think Medusa is a good entertainer, but she’s not a great singer(and I say this as someone who listens to people who sound like Cookie Monster regularly). If she wins, she’ll have had the same trajectory as Amber Riley had(winner on season premiere) and that’s just boring for me for wanting to watch future seasons. I know everything on this show is planned out prior to it airing, but TPTB need to be less obvious. MMV, of course. 

I also don’t get all the Pentatonix was robbed posts I’ve seen elsewhere online this past week. I just don’t see what’s so special about them. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 2
(edited)

This is the first season that I've thought this was rigged from the beginning. They've praised her far beyond what her performances warranted and saved her when she should have gone home.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Applause 5
(edited)

Medusa seems to have a new layer to her sob story every week. I’m in no way trying to discount her life or anything she’s been through, but it just feels like TPTB have been laying it on thick with her to make us feel like she somehow deserves to win over everyone else. Everybody has been through shit, but this is supposed to be about singing ability. 

Damn, now Ken’s about to make me cry. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
(edited)

I must admit, part of the reason I watch this show is to hear music I haven't heard on the radio before. The radio station I usually listen to has never played Lewis Capaldi's "Someone You Loved" or Billie Eilish's "When The Party's Over", at least not as far as I know.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1