Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Thread

• Start Topic

Just now, NeenerNeener said:

Congrats, Bookworm, you called it! Jennie rang the bell.

Thanks! They were just talking about it too much at the beginning but this show isn’t known for being subtle. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Entertainment Weekly says Squirrel is Malin Ackerman.

That actually makes a ton of sense. She’s Swedish, acted w/Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages, used to be in a band, and has a new movie out/coming out soon. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

It seemed very odd that Wolf was so stiff, especially now that we've seen who he is and knowing he's a singer/entertainer. Has he been injured or had some sort of health issue? He just seemed, and looked, like a zombie, except for his singing in which he sounded like himself - from someone who's never been a fan of his.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Katmai said:

It seemed very odd that Wolf was so stiff, especially now that we've seen who he is and knowing he's a singer/entertainer. Has he been injured or had some sort of health issue? He just seemed, and looked, like a zombie, except for his singing in which he sounded like himself - from someone who's never been a fan of his.

He looked more alive here than when he co-hosted that dating show last summer. As an aside, my dad just turned 71 and is far more mobile/active than Michael seemed here and IMO, there is something more than age at play here, though I know nothing about his history. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Bookworm13 said:

He looked more alive here than when he co-hosted that dating show last summer. As an aside, my dad just turned 71 and is far more mobile/active than Michael seemed here and IMO, there is something more than age at play here, though I know nothing about his history. 

Agree that there's something going one with him beyond age. He's expressionless...almost dead behind the eyes, staring into space.

• Like 8

Oh, thank god, they've got Nicole in yellow this year. Last year on Muppet Night they dressed her in spring green gingham checks with pigtails and she looked like h3ll.

Jenny's got it. I guess Akerman didn't make any impression at all on Ken when she worked with him. I'm insulted on her behalf.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

Already my favorite episode! Hopefully they utilize them better than when the Muppets were on. 

Am I supposed to know who the guest judge is other than being a dating show host? 

ETA:Jenny looks really good tonight. The wardrobe people did well this week. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

Am I supposed to know who the guest judge is other than being a dating show host?  

She's in a group called Sugarland. Did a duet with Bon Jovi called "Who Says You Can't Go Home"

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

They may have used that stupid bell too early in previous episodes and saved lesser competitors. I think all three of these should have gone on.

ITA. I’d’ve rather had both of these over Medusa(wasn’t she the first bell save?).

And again, someone I’ve never heard of 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3

I know not much about singer and next to nothing about social influencers, but I do things about height,.

Jenny guessing that Jackalope (which was mostly a rabbit) was Jenny Ortega was stupid because Jenny is at least 8 inches shorter.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bookworm13 said:

I’m not sure what the costume designer was thinking, but the yellow necklace/led-lights(?) outlining her boobs is very distracting and not a good choice stylistically, IMO. 

The whole costume seems awkward, too much fluff and what-not all over, and not a lot of precision anywhere. I wouldn't know that it's a fairy costume without the constant reminders.

• Like 2

There's some speculation that Macaw is Jimmy Buffet, but I'd like to think I'd recognize Buffet's voice no matter what he was singing. That doesn't sound like Buffet to me.

Whoever he is, he just beat the Fairy.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1

After seeing who Fairy is posted upthread, her voice was all I could hear. It’s crazy how recognizable it is now. 

No idea about Macaw. 

Edit : I’m a bit surprised all these final guesses are so bad. Totally was waiting for someone to randomly pull out HRP. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Well, Moose is a one-and-done for sure.

My husband just said the same thing. I wonder why the character is sitting? Maybe someone older.

• Like 3

I have no idea what was said during Moose’s clue package 😂 The costume is pretty cool, though. 

Please don’t throw things at me, but Moose sounded like Seth MacFarlane doing his Peter Griffin voice to me. Watch this be some super well-known person now. 

@kathyk24, these are all new singers this week.