Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Thread

• Start Topic

Some of these scripted comments from the judges are so ridiculous. Alicia Witt IS known for her musical ability, it's not a hidden talent at all. And both of the ladies sounded like they were "doing" Elton John karaoke, pronouncing the words like he did. I wouldn't say either of them put a spin on it.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 1

What is up with Robin mispronouncing names tonight? 

Edit : Are we skipping next week? Generally Nick says what the theme for the following week is at the end unless I missed it. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • LOL 2

IMDB says next week is called "The Supreme Six". Maybe it's a theme, maybe it's not. I can't imagine the guys singing Supremes songs, but who knows? Stranger things have happened on this show.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

IMDB says next week is called "The Supreme Six". Maybe it's a theme, maybe it's not. I can't imagine the guys singing Supremes songs, but who knows? Stranger things have happened on this show.

TV Guide says it’s a recap show with the 3 finalists and 3 wildcards. 

OK, I've seen an alternate theory on who UFO is: 

Spoiler

Olivia Culpo

The rest of the spoilers haven't changed:

Spoiler

Medusa (Bishop Briggs), California Roll (Pentatonix), 
Mantis (Lou Diamond Phillips), Macaw (David Archuleta), and Gargoyle (Keenan Allen).

• Thanks 1

So 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Bishop Briggs

versus 

Spoiler

Keena Allen

versus

Spoiler

Lou Diamond Phillips

I think I'm rooting for Mantis. He's done Broadway.

I like how they styled the ladies tonight.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

So 

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Bishop Briggs

versus 

Hide contents

Keena Allen

versus

Hide contents

Lou Diamond Phillips

I think I'm rooting for Mantis. He's done Broadway.

I like how they styled the ladies tonight.

I've never heard of Bishop Briggs.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, kathyk24 said:

I've never heard of Bishop Briggs.

The only one of the three I've heard of is Lou Diamond Phillips.

I really wish the judges would tone down the praise a bit. That wasn't THAT great a performance.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 2

Based on the above spoilers, I only know of one of them. Edit : maybe it is Fergie. 

I’m still not back to loving Medusa, though this was better than last time. No Jenny, that was not a season winning performance. 

The ladies look gorgeous tonight. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1

Gargoyle was good but I hate that song. I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t like Usher, but I’ve always gotten weird vibes from him. 

Edit : I’m hoping Mantis makes it through and not only because I know who he is(based on spoilered name). This was a fun performance. Gotta say, Gargoyle would be a close second for me. Edit 2: Boo 👎 Gonna miss Mantis. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

California Roll and Macaw better be the final two.

The ladies look good again tonight. And Robin's not wearing a shirt open to his navel, yay!

And Nick has a shirt on! Yay!

@NeenerNeener, people usually go home when they guess right, though.

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1

Oh, Nicole, no. 

I’d like Medusa more if she didn’t try to “enhance” every song. She was doing so well until she tried to do more and showed her voice can’t really do more.  

I’m not remembering who UFO is supposed to be, but she came across as really vain/self-absorbed tonight. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, usually when they do the tear-jerker clues that's the singer's last night. So that doesn't bode well for Medusa. But I still think that she going to win. She's awful. Each performance is worse than the last. I don't think CA Roll will win because there are too many of them. 

• Like 2

I do think groups larger than two have a big advantage because harmonies make a performance sound better and it could be easier to cover up a missed note. 

California Roll was just too good. Maybe the judges wanted a fair fight in the finale? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1