Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Live Thread

• Start Topic

Damn, we’re off to a fantastic start this season and I’d happily watch all 3 of these people again. Let’s just hope they can keep up this level of talent or at least not go to z-list nobodies for future weeks. 

ETA : Nicole just made me spit my tea out. Was not expecting that zinger from her. 

I hope this bell actually gets used and isn’t like the other thing they had where they could make someone unmask immediately yet was never used. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I have no idea who she is, but Medusa is such an expressive performer. 

Never would’ve guessed Dick Van Dyke would appear on this show. What a treat and he looks great for 97! 

ETA : I was wrong earlier, I have no idea who Sara Evans is. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Nicole looks good; I don't like Jenny's outfit this week.

Apple Martin was born in 2004, so what's the 1996 clue all about?

Night Owl's costume is great. They really have gone all out on the costumes so far this season.

Medusa's going home tonight.

And Rock Lobster is the one-and-done for this episode.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Lorde is born in 1996.  She could be Medusa.

I think Debbie Gibson from Long Island could be Night Owl.

That's what my husband guessed. We saw Debbie in concert last June 2022.  

• Like 1
Just now, MrsEVH said:

I agree 100%. Medusa is not a good singer whoever she is.

Medusa isn't as great as they want us to think she is. She sounds like her voice is straining. She might be better at a non-belting song? I didn't mind her version of Diamonds last week.

• Like 3
(edited)

I've only seen the commercials and already I don't like Nicole's hair.

Well, so far I'm underwhelmed with Medusa tonight. And Debbie Gibson must have been unable to commit to more than one episode and that's how Medusa won last week.

Well Polar Bear is definitely a one-and-done.

Gold Derby says Medusa is Bishop Briggs.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 1
(edited)

After missing last week due to the ice storm knocking out my power, I’m happy to be back tonight. Watching this show alone on YT doesn’t have the same appeal 😆

I take back everything I said about Medusa in week 1. Both last week and tonight were not good. I really hope she isn’t who they use the bell on. 

What the hell am I listening to? I don’t know who Polar Bear is, but clearly a one-and-done. 

Edit: I think I missed something. Do these random clue people actually have anything to do with the person in the costume or are they just random famous NY’ers reading what the producers tell them? 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I read on  the Masked Singer Facebook page some are guessing Medusa could be Fergie.

People have been guessing her since week 1. Personally I think Medusa is too tall, but maybe her heels are taller than I think. 

Is California Roll Pentatonix? I have no idea how many members there are, just the first thing that popped in my head. Hoping they are who move forward this week. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

In the clues it was stated that he took a gleeful trip to CA. So were any of them on Glee?

According to wiki, they arranged a song for a local radio competition to meet the cast of Glee, though they lost. 

• Useful 1

The talent this show has been able to get for the past couple of seasons is incredible, with people knowing they can be one-and-done. Not sure why he didn’t pick a song better suited, though. 

46 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Gold Derby says Medusa is Bishop Briggs.

That’s who the YT comment section thinks too. I’ve never heard the name before 😂

(edited)

Nicole looks good in the catsuit. Gargoyle sounds pretty good. He's not an intentional one-and-done.

Interesting that Wolf isn't moving around on stage. 

No obvious one-and-dones in the first two singers this time. Or with the third singer...

Squirrel might be Lio Tipton, based on the figure skating and sitcom clues. And then again, Margot Robbie is probably a better guess, and she probably can't commit to more than this episode.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 3
(edited)

That is not the voice I was expecting from Gargoyle. 

I have a weird feeling they’re going to use the bell tonight and we’re only getting one unmasking. I hope I’m wrong. 

Edit: Who is Nick supposed to be dressed as? I recognize the judges’ outfits, but Nick just looks like a knock-off Halloween costume.

All 3 singers were surprisingly good tonight.  It’s nice there wasn’t an obvious one-and-done. I’d be happy listening to any of these again. 

Edited by Bookworm13
  • Like 3
(edited)

Wolf can still belt it out convincingly, and give the lyrics emotion, but the poor guy seemed stiff and emotionless most of the time he was on stage. I'd hoped for/ expected a bit more humor or liveliness or something.

ETA: I like this show best when the contestants seem to be enjoying the performances of the other singers, when there are at least small gestures of respect or friendship or awe, something.  Nothing really there for Wolf.

Edited by binky101
Adding more reactions
  • Like 2