Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

A night of passion leads to love between con-man Charlie and undercover CIA officer Emma, who are unknowingly on a collision course professionally. 

Air Date: February 19, 2023

If you want a people to like a bad guy, he has to be charming and funny.  I wasn't even impressed by their magical romance. This show wasn't very fun. They should lighten up the capers and add some quirky situations. The plans shouldn't always go according to plan, they need some out of the box thinking and on the fly improvising to make the show more interesting.

I wonder why Emma's car didn't have an airbag.

I wonder if Daphne Finch set up Brendan Maguire, if not, I am sure Charlie could convince him that she did.

The only one I like is Birdie, she could do everything by herself, the others are holding her back.

• Like 1

I wish this show is about Birdie Nicoletti. The way she works and expresses her emotions are way more interesting than watching Charlie and Emma. Why these 2 leads are so boring? 😫

Some reviews said that this show is fun, flirty, sexy whatever. Ugh. BS.

• Like 3

The first 15 minutes with the family was sooooooooo corny.  I thought for sure they would all be blown up or something, because why this introduction?  But then it would be crazy to blow up William Fichtner on episode 1.

Other than that, it was okay, but I'm not sure I'll keep it up.  I'll try episode 2.

They're lifting heavily from Elmore Leonard's "Out of Sight", do they make that explicit at least?

23 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I wonder why Emma's car didn't have an airbag.

That car accident was ridiculous and how she was barely hurt after.  Just give me a break.

• Like 2

I really don't like that it's a family of criminals. The parents seriously put their children -- and grandchild -- at risk? The show seems to want to make it seem chummy. Maybe I'm just too judgmental. Do they ever even operate the bar? And wouldn't the CIA agent wonder about a 1/4 owner of a bar being able to afford that huge hotel suite for 3 days and also that gala? She and Milo are pretty to look at (I called it that Milo would change to a tux for the gala) but no chemistry. And why would Milo's character pursue someone who isn't a fellow criminal? Yes, I realize the criminality of his last girlfriend bit him in the arse, but he can't really date someone if he's a criminal.

I may continue to watch as a fluffy story, only.

Cute Milo. William Fichtner. Hi, Polly Draper! Cast 

Good script? I give slack to pilots. There was plenty of room at the top.

Refreshing idea worth exploring? Doesn't look like it. Which is why the scripts better be good.

Engaging distraction? TBD.

• Like 4

I don't think the leads have great chemistry. And a series like this needs smoking hot chemistry between the leads. I personally felt nothing. I never understood why TV characters like these never plan the perfect murder of the big bad while also planning the perfect heist the villain forces them to do. Kill two birds with one stone.  Take the money,  kill the villain and vacation overseas for a while. Given the live ratings. I don't know if an S2 is going to happen. Live+7 along with streaming has to be strong. 

I liked this enough to watch a few more episodes. No big turn-offs, so far. I buy the main couple, but the relationship is very shallow at this point. Hope we get more about Emma's family and career.

It was kinda cool to see so many actors that I know from different projects over the years (mini Prison Break reunion!).

Prediction: So, Daphne is definitely going to figure out that criminal Charlie is dating CIA Emma before they do, right? I'm guessing that's how Charlie will find out. Also: if the show lasts long enough, I'm assuming that Charlie's ex (who took the money) will show up again.

• Like 1

I'll continue to watch for William Fichtner alone. Milo is a bonus. I don't see how they can keep the CIA person involved with a criminal aspect going for a long time, that will get tiresome. But I bought the romance and thought the two leads looked lovely together. I'm in for at least a few more episodes. 

On 2/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Some reviews said that this show is fun, flirty, sexy whatever. Ugh. BS.

I thought it was exactly that. Milo on a motorcycle. Yum!  #shallow.  I just enjoyed following along.

Will the show descend into outrageous plots and lots more dress up for the cast?  Probably, but I'm in for that too. 

• Like 6

Not sure if I like. It was easy enough to watch without investing too much. The family of criminals reminded me of Leverage - leverage did it better. Like that there is a deaf character, wonder if the girl is really deaf. If she is, it is good, and good job Deaf community! A lot* more shows with deaf characters or guests. Other disabilities too, but I think deafness is more prominent at this point

Will probably try another episode. 

*still a tiny amount, but in context if how it used to be, it is "a lot more"

We liked it for the most part. A little fun, nothing explicit as far as the sex part, I think the leads have plenty of chemistry. Milo and WF in the same show, as father and son? Yes please. One is my age, one much younger, but dang, when Milo smiles he channels Stallone.

We'll be watching.

• Like 1

I thought the promos oversold the romance angle but that the family dynamics are more that enough to keep me interested. 

On 2/25/2023 at 11:48 AM, circumvent said:

Like that there is a deaf character, wonder if the girl is really deaf. If she is, it is good, and good job Deaf community! A lot* more shows with deaf characters or guests. Other disabilities too, but I think deafness is more prominent at this point

The actress is deaf. 

On 2/26/2023 at 11:33 PM, Dani said:

I thought the promos oversold the romance angle but that the family dynamics are more that enough to keep me interested. 

The actress is deaf. 

Isn't it great that Hollywood now actually hires disabled actors to play disabled characters?  

• Like 3
On 2/26/2023 at 6:48 PM, Deskisamess said:

We liked it for the most part. A little fun, nothing explicit as far as the sex part, I think the leads have plenty of chemistry.

This is where I’m sitting. I saw a preview for True Lies and all I could think was “Who asked for this? Ew.” The commercial for this one made me think “Huh. That looks fun.” 

A whole family of con artists, with a lot of cool tech at their disposal, is kind of redlining the hokey-meter, but I want to give it a chance — if only so I can figure out how Naughty Peter Petrelli managed to worm his way into both the Irish mob deal and the FBI. Besides, it turns out I missed Polly Draper.