Type keyword(s) to search

Nicole and Mahmoud

• Start Topic

Nicole, 38, (CALIFORNIA) met Mahmoud,30 (EGYPT) in a fabric store on her last day of a spiritual tour through Egypt. On that very first day he proposed. Nicole traveled back to Egypt three weeks later to get married, without informing her family and friends until after the fact. Now, she's ready to go all-in on her move to Egypt, but Nicole worries that some cultural differences may be too big to overcome. 

• Like 1
(edited)

In the last couple of episodes, and for the Tell Nothing, Nicole tells Mo that his interview at the embassy is coming up for his U.S. visa, and he acts like it's a surprise.   Doesn't Mo have to do paperwork to apply also before the interview?  And there is also a lot of paperwork that has to be translated, and submitted.  A physical exam by approved doctors also.  I'm calling bull on Nicole announcing Mahmoud's visa interview as a surprise to him.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Nah, that's typical reality tv exposition, also known as "As you know, Bob...."

For example, if we were real life friends(as opposed to Snarky Online Friends), I would never have to say "As you know, CrazyinAlabama, I'm a lawyer" because you already know that.  In a play, or other piece of theatre like reality tv, I would say "As you know CinA (Bob).... 

They need to expose/explain the events to the viewer, who otherwise wouldn't know.  It's the basis of all the stupid conversations reality show participants have, which they clearly wouldn't have in real life.  "Well, Johan, let's talk about the fact you have a large dong."

• LOL 4
56 minutes ago, greekmom said:

So HEA is going to continue the saga of 15 hours of bickering between Nicole and Mackmood about Nicole's clothes. Yawn

We will also see Mahmoud experiencing culture shock. Life beyond his usual Cairo six block digs. Wonder how long he will last.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Cultural differences still  evident. He won’t let her kiss him on the lips and she keeps trying. This will continue to go so well. Can’t wait to watch them again…🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 6/24/2023 at 7:24 PM, MrBuhBye said:

They said they didn’t take a pic so it could be an old one.

She delivered food for like Door Dash and bought clothes at flea markets and vintage stores and resold them online?

So basically, she's an actor?? musician?? clothing designer??

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

So basically, she's an actor?? musician?? clothing designer??

She was a clothing designer previously but didn’t like it so changed jobs.

I think she is just gig economy in late stage capitalism.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Not shocking, I remember him raising his hand then remembering the camera was there. His own family telling him to hide her passport etc. I hope she divorces him. 

She could have saved herself all this by just enjoying her flirtation with the brown eyed dude, go back to the US, cuddle up with Google for an evening or two, research the culture and customs she would be getting herself into, contact a local mosque or see if any of her friends/contacts are Muslim, chat with them, get the real scoop on what life would be like, and especially life with someone with the old way of life and traditions. Make an educated and informed choice. The heart may want what it wants but get a good idea of the real reality and not some romantic moving to Africa fantasy. She can love him but also love herself to know that this is not the best idea. So she gets a painful life lesson.

• Like 3

Didn’t she marry and live with him for several months, then was so miserable she returned to US alone and wanted to get a divorce? Next, she was on “The Other Way” with the plan to go back to Egypt to live THERE! That didn’t work out, either but now he’s here and they’re on HEA? Was that Honey Bunny’s plan all along and she went along with it? 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Mahmoud was photographed celebrating the end of Ramadan with his family IN EGYPT! Looks like they're done. Is anyone surprised? 

I hope they are done; they are a toxic pairing.

• Like 6
  • Love 1