Type keyword(s) to search

Farmer Wants A Wife - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
7 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Or two, something went horribly, horribly wrong and they are milking the drama for all its worth.  But I'm ready to wrap this up at any rate 

Based on last season's results I'm predicting option two.

None of these guys seem in love with any of their final two options. It's more like they're trying to decide on a new truck to buy than finding the loves of their lives.

Brandon was the only one that seemed all in for a girl, and that was with Joy, so I feel bad for the girls getting Joy's sloppy seconds.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 5

I'm rooting for Brandon and whomever he chooses.  He seems really sincere, hard-working, and nice.  And, I do believe it's difficult for him to meet people in his small community. 

I think Ty has plenty of opportunities to 'hook up' while on the roping circuit. 

Mitchell is actually pretty close to Nashville and still very new to 'farming.'  It would be interesting to even see if he sticks with farming long-term.  But, Nashville is not that far from him so, again, opportunities to meet people.

Nathan seems sincere but is still fairly young.  But, I think he really does want to get married and he seemed to have a good connection with the young woman in this episode.  But, all of the 'concern' about her career seems misplaced as he is in Florida and they may not be that far from a city where she could work at a salon.  I did laugh though when they showed her salon and all of the women had the exact same hair style and color.

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

But, all of the 'concern' about her career seems misplaced as he is in Florida and they may not be that far from a city where she could work at a salon.

Yep, he's less than an hour from downtown Tampa, a little more than an hour from downtown Orlando. I get that she'd have to start over building a client list, but I'm sure there's any number of quality salons within easy driving distance. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Surprised when Meghan's mother was so concerned that Ty is 11 years older than her 31 year old daughter. Mostly when it comes to the possibility of having children.  I haven't watched enough this season to know how sincere Ty and Meghan's connection is. These kind of shows always seem to avoid the real questions that need to be addressed when it comes to marriage . Is the couple equally yoked in their faith, mature enough to build their life together on a solid foundation? 

Edited by One4Sorrow2TooBad
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ty barely looked at Megan and I don’t think they even touched. I bet he chooses neither woman. I think Mitchell will choose Kate but I don’t see that lasting. Brandon will choose Emerson. Nathan likes Taylor. 

• Like 3
(edited)

What little I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a lot of kissing and touching happening on this show compared to other  similar shows , what gives???

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

What little I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a lot of kissing and touching happening on this show compared to other  similar shows , what gives???

I've seen more affection on the Duggar's!

All we see are side hugs and an occasional kiss from these people, I do not see any real spark between any of them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 5/4/2024 at 9:40 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I've seen more affection on the Duggar's!

All we see are side hugs and an occasional kiss from these people, I do not see any real spark between any of them.

See, to me, that's the most normal part of this show.   If he's macking you heavily, chances are he is with 4 other women and who wants to be a part of that triangle, quadrangle, pentagon?  The most reasonable thing I heard at the family meetings is "this is a bubble, this isn't real life, so who knows?"  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Okay, so I admit I was bored at lunch today.  I know that if you don't have a social media account, they most likely make you get one for the show.  So I looked up Ty. I was curious about "before the show."  First of all, he's had social media for many years.  He's also a photographer on the rodeo circuit.  Secondly, he looked pretty good  few years back with his longer blond hair and beach bum clothes.  

Also, from another source:  5 days ago — Ty Ferrell is a rope farmer in Missouri looking for love on Farmer Wants a Wife

lol  Rope farmer.

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
(edited)

I never cared for Ty.  He was a little too old for this, didn’t want kids anymore.  I think he was here for exposure.  Out of all the men, they had to pick him?  I’m happy Sydney was picked.  I’d be surprised if there’s another season.  It was sort of blah.  The Nurse from N.Y. Looked a little pissed.  She’s better off.  Out of all those pretty women, he didn’t like even one?

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 6

Ty gives me the icks. Those two women dodged a bullet. 

I’m sorry but I see no romantic connection between Brandon and Grace whatsoever. 

• Like 5

I was hoping Ty didn't pick anyone. I don't like him either. In one episode he said that in his bio for the show, he said he was open to having more children. But that obviously wasn't the case. I couldn't see the NYC nurse moving to the ranch. Megan was a good fit for him, but she's such a lovely woman, she can do so much better.

I'm rooting for Brandon as it's so hard for him to meet women. I thought both women could be a potentially good fit. He kissed the blonde, Minneapolis woman on her hometown visit and not the small-town girl, so I thought the blonde might have the edge.

Mitchell and Sydney were so giddy, it was fun to see. I hope they (and the young Florida farmer and his choice) make it, thought I know it's a long shot for any of them.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I, too, thought Ty was a 'player' from the start.  I'm just sorry some women were hurt by his being chosen for this show.  He'll probably have some women after him just because he was on t.v., but I truly hope the women he led on and then rejected are able to find joy and happiness.

I am really glad that Brandon chose Gracie.  They seem like a good match.  I hope that she is able to adjust to life on his farm.  Although I grew up in a huge city, I did move to the country for someone and even though that relationship did not work out, I really enjoyed living in the country, starting a vegetable garden and working on the farm (of course, I was young then...).  So, I think there's a good chance they will work out.

Although I never warmed up to Mitchell, I do think he is sincere.  He and Sydney seemed really happy so I wish all the best for them.  Not sure if they will work out in the long run as she had previously stated that she wanted to travel a lot, etc., and if he is truly a farmer, their schedules are totally connected to the farming seasons.

Nathan and his choice (sorry, still don't know all of their names...) are adorable and I think they will work out.  She is not that far from cities and so can work in a salon if she so chooses.

I am planning on watching the reunion next week.  Looks like Ty is in the hot seat a bit (good!).  Hope all of the couples are still together but who knows.

• Like 6

Ty did the right thing. I'm totally surprised by that; just because there were tv cameras on him I thought he'd at least go through the motions and pick one he would dump off camera later. He's just looking for friends with benefits and he probably already has one in every place that has a rodeo.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)

The 2 women Ty rejected deserve a great guy, not sure why they haven't already met them ,but perhaps the exposure from this show will lead that person to them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I see no chemistry between Brandon and Grace. On the other hand, Mitchell and Sydney are really cute and have a lot of chemistry. I saw them together from the beginning. Nathan and Taylor seem very into each other and natural together. I think they'll work out. Ty... dang.  Him eying Melody as she walked up was skeevy especially as he knew he wasn't going to pick her.  I think Megan was a better fit for him, but he wasn't attracted to her.  Him putting her in the friend zone was like a slap in the face to her.  They both definitely dodged a bullet with him. Looking forward to him being in the hot seat at the reunion and getting updates on the other couples. 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 1:48 PM, eclectcmoi said:

I see no chemistry between Brandon and Grace.

Bingo! I'm watching the reunion episode and Brandon friend zoned her after the show was over. I'm guessing that he was all in on Joy and it's going to take some more time for him to get over that. Reba apologized for giving him a ration of sh*t about Joy, but she's right that he should have figured Joy out on his own, and much earlier.

The other two couples were still together as of the filming of the reunion. Next year at this time...who knows?

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Like 6

That was…interesting. Brandon wanted Joy, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he contacts Reba after this 😂 He truly has terrible instincts and terrible taste in women. Did anyone else catch that editing error where they cut to Reba early on, before she had even come out on stage? lol 

• Like 6
(edited)

I heard the reunion show was taped back in January, so it wasnt long after filming the finale. However, I did see a very recent interview (maybe a week old?) on YouTube with Mitchell and Sydney and they're still going strong. 

Link to interview 

Edited by Suzysite
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

Yeah, I saw that cut to Reba and thought "what?  where did she come from?"

When they all sat down, they sat kind of apart from each other but Brandon and Grace just seemed uncomfortable.  Their body language was awkward.  Brandon kept saying it was hard to meet someone where he lived, which might be true, but I wonder if it's more a Brandon thing.  And while Reba was "right," I still don't like her.

I also worried about Sydney and Mitchell because she kept looking at him with puppy dog eyes and he didn't seem to be looking at her.  Glad I was wrong about that.

I know they put out a casting call but I don't know that I'll invest in another season of this.

• Like 5

I may be in the minority here, but I enjoyed last night's reunion show.  My hopeful romantic side was thrilled that Mitchell and Sydney are still together and so cute!  I was also glad to hear and see how Nathan and Taylor seem to be doing really good together too. It was encouraging that both couples are taking things slow and developing normal, real world relationships.  No surprise engagements or weddings, which would've been way too soon. 

I felt badly for Grace, as it did appear that she had serious feelings for Brandon that he did not reciprocate.  No big surprise there.  He probably should've done a Ty and chose no one.  I think Brandon is a nice man, but his picker is definitely off.  

Megan and Melody came out with their "look what you missed out on" attitudes and I say good for them!  Still think they dodged a huge mistake with Ty and they both deserve better. Hope they find their men. 

It was nice of Reba to apologize to Brandon. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, bunnyface said:

Yeah, I saw that cut to Reba and thought "what?  where did she come from?"

When they all sat down, they sat kind of apart from each other but Brandon and Grace just seemed uncomfortable.  Their body language was awkward.  Brandon kept saying it was hard to meet someone where he lived, which might be true, but I wonder if it's more a Brandon thing.  And while Reba was "right," I still don't like her.

I also worried about Sydney and Mitchell because she kept looking at him with puppy dog eyes and he didn't seem to be looking at her.  Glad I was wrong about that.

I know they put out a casting call but I don't know that I'll invest in another season of this.

Well, at last we had a good laugh.  I think Jennifer Nettles was a bit over the top with all the love on the farm which I didn’t see.  Some of the girls seemed too young for the Farmers.  Ty was there to promote himself.  He only needs his baby girl.

• Like 4

I really didn't understand why Reba and Kate (?) were there.  And, I was really surprised about Brandon and Gracie-she stated that she was way more invested in him than he in her (which is a shame-they seemed like a good match IMO).

The other two couples were very cute and some of my cynical reality show heart melted a bit.  Ty is way too infatuated with himself (IMO).

I got tired of Jennifer Nettles after a while.  I prefer him in smaller doses.

• Like 6