Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E23: Live Semi-Final Top 8 Eliminations

shantown
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I noticed a sharp divide in terms of skin color tonight in terms of who made it and who had to sing.   I can't believe the Leatherwood dude keeps getting voted through. No offense to those who like him but I just don't get it. 

Yeah I noticed it too when it was just the 4 of them standing there after all the saves had been announced. John totally seemed to see it too.

I think song choice of of some wasn't the best last night either. 

I was hoping that Justin would continue on.  The thing about being on Blake's team is that he does tend to get more of his people to the end even though he may not end up with the "win."  I think this would be a real incentive to pick Blake for their coach in that the longer one lasts the greater the opportunity to make fans and become a bit better known.  He knows how to get them there.  It will be interesting to see what happens after Blake leaves the show in terms of how successful future coaches are in advancing their teams.

I don't really have a vested interest in who wins.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Brayden keeps smiling while he sings sad ballads.  I shake my head every time.  But he is considered cute and he is on Blake's team.  So I figured he would advance.  

5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

The four best singers in the bottom. Laughable.

The "Voice" is ridiculous. I can't wait for Blake to be gone. 

Brayden is so bland, he's actually become less cute to me as the weeks have gone by, lol.  He has a lovely voice, but nothing that makes him stand out or make me interested to hear more.

To my ear (and taste) I thought John actually had the best singers and was a little surprised that none were voted through.  I actually don't mind Blake as a person or an artist, but it's clear that his fanbase is the most in line with the majority of the The Voice voters and they are clearly controlling the vote.  Once he's gone, it will be interesting to see if it's just a pro-country audience or specifically a pro-Blake audience.  The only non-Blake contestant voted through was also a country artist.  It's too bad that people who like other genres don't show up to vote.  

Edited by leocadia
  • Love 1

To me, Brayden and Bryce are dull performers, but since they are country and on Blake’s team, one of them will likely win. Right now, I think the only remaining artist I like is Morgan

• Love 1

Many, many people noticed all the remaining white people were voted through and all the minorities ended up in the bottom. Much blaming of the show and NBC. I think that a certain segment of the population, shall we say, prefer white country singers and are the most motivated to vote. Which in turn exerts an outsize influence on the results. Without Blake things may be more equitable. Depending on who fills that chair many of those voters may drop off.

On 12/7/2022 at 2:02 PM, leocadia said:

To my ear (and taste) I thought John actually had the best singers and was a little surprised that none were voted through.  I actually don't mind Blake as a person or an artist, but it's clear that his fanbase is the most in line with the majority of the The Voice voters and they are clearly controlling the vote.  Once he's gone, it will be interesting to see if it's just a pro-country audience or specifically a pro-Blake audience.  The only non-Blake contestant voted through was also a country artist.  It's too bad that people who like other genres don't show up to vote.  

I think it's a bit of both.  But I suspect there will still be a skew towards country even once Blake leaves.   We see similar voting patterns on American Idol where the bland country singer or cute white guy with a guitar makes it much farther than singers with more range and ability (who are also often minority or LGBTQ).   

• Love 1

My poor daughter was so excited to see the Voice this week but is done with it after all her favorites were voted off, while the crappy singers were left. What a shitshow. Team Blake for the win again, with all that blandness. Stupid voters.

Edited by twoods

I don't understand why people want to pull the race card on this show.  Everyone's taste in music is different.  America is voting, and that incudes races of different colors.  Should we be forced to like a contestant because they are a POC?  Of the four that were in the bottom, Parijita and Justin were the only ones I thought should be in the finals.  Kim's voice didn't do anything for me and Omar should've been eliminated a long time ago!

For the people who are crying the race card, what do you suggest?  Will you all be happy if 2 or 3 POC receive an "automatic bid" to the finals?  How about when America votes, they now have to vote at least 1 or 2 POC? 

Yeah I know it sounds crazy, because it is crazy to think that America is voting based on race.  I vote based on not only if I like their voice, but if their voice moves me.  And I think America does the same.

Edited by rr2911
  • Love 1

I think it's because people that like country are the ones mostly watching the show.  I haven't watched all season so I can't say who I like among the top 8.  I bet a lot of people are like me and were just not interested in the show anymore.  I also haven't watched AI in ages.