Type keyword(s) to search

Emerald City in the Media

Nice work if you can get it, I guess! But on VDO's Facebook page, he mentioned being in Spain (with accompanying pics). The latest batch was hashtagged with NBC and Emerald City, so the show must be filming there.

As I said...nice work if you can get it. (It does look great there, though.)

‘Emerald City’ Trailer: NBC’s New Drama Starring Vincent D’Onofrio Is ‘Oz’ Via Westeros

Since HBO’s juggernaut hit series debuted in 2011, numerous “[X], but like Game of Thrones” concepts have been tossed around by TV creators on the regular. Few of them have been made so far, but NBC’s upcoming Tarsem Singh-directed drama Emerald City is gunning for the label. A dark new take on the Land of Oz fantasy setting created by L. Frank Baum that began with his The Wonderful Wizard Of Oz, the show stars Vincent D’Onofrio as the Wizard and Adria Arjona as an older version of Dorothy Gale. Emerald City sees Dorothy transported by tornado along with a K9 police dog into a mystical land of competing realms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. A new trailer laying things out hit Facebook earlier today, and you can watch it [link in article]

I usually find (nowadays) that shows are announced as a Limited Series Event mostly because the Network doesn't expect them to catch on. If Emerald City was a ratings hit, I imagine that "limited" series title would be altered to include multiple seasons. 

• Love 2
On 1/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm a little disappointed in the ratings, guess this might just end up being a limited series event.

Deadline considered the ratings "solid":

http://deadline.com/2017/01/emerald-city-ratings-debut-solid-last-man-standing-sleepy-hollow-grimm-abc-cbs-1201880478/

It is NBC after all, and Friday night to boot. I wouldn't completely write it off as a one-and-done just yet. Although I'm guessing this must cost a ton of money to produce...

42 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Deadline considered the ratings "solid":

http://deadline.com/2017/01/emerald-city-ratings-debut-solid-last-man-standing-sleepy-hollow-grimm-abc-cbs-1201880478/

It is NBC after all, and Friday night to boot. I wouldn't completely write it off as a one-and-done just yet. Although I'm guessing this must cost a ton of money to produce...

That's good to hear. I saw the ratings and they were so close to Grimm which only got a short/final season pick up and thought Emerald City was low.

4 minutes ago, Camera One said:

And they actually show all 10 episodes instead of pulling it. 

I don't think that'll be an issue. In today's climate, even dead shows seem to air to the end, if just to try and recoup some money, and if just to plug scheduling holes. The last time I recall a show actually getting yanked altogether was Wicked City on ABC, but that went to 0.4 in an episode or two. Today, networks seem to drag their feet, probably because nothing outside of maybe Empire and/or The Big Bang Theory does big numbers these days.

With the money spent on this, I think NBC will try to ride it out unless it gets to that dreaded 0.4 or so. But who knows?

• Love 1

Good.  I really hope so.  There have been several shows I've watched where they were pulled, and a few got the last few episodes burned off in the summer, while some shows had episodes that never saw the light of day.  But these shows were 5 years ago or more ("Day Break", "The Nine", among others), and as you said, TV has changed a lot in the last few years.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

Why is friday night still concidered a dead zone? With dvrs and the nbc app you can watch episodes anytime you want after the original air dates.

Yes, but ratings at the actual air time still dominate because of ad revenue, etc., outdated or not. It still determines what shows make it or don't.

That's because there's college basketball taking up Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday..... believe me, I have to juggle what's on the DVR so my boyfriend doesn't miss a game. I am always watching this show online, on Saturday morning.

• Love 1

The chart Morrigan2575 posted is somewhat misleading -- shows compete against other shows on the same network. You need to check The Cancellation Bear or TV Grim Reaper to see how shows are doing. However, TV Grim Reaper has it "Likely to be cancelled (http://www.tvgrimreaper.com/2017/01/30/predictions-week-20-emeraldcity-is-likely-to-be-canceled/2394/), so that's not good.

7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Apparently, there was an event called Emerald City Comic Con yesterday as I saw a comment on VDO's Facebook page about it. Nice for the fans.

"Emerald City" is Seattle's nickname.  They did have Vincent D’Onofrio for an hour interview, and signed autographs.  Looking at his Twitter feed, everyone had a great time.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Camera One said:

Interesting... did they forget to put Tip on the cover?

Odd that they would put East on the cover and not Tip.  Tip/Ozma had more lines and had much more impact on the plot.

• Love 1