Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E12: What Is Love? Lennie Don't Hurt Me

• Start Topic

Whitney and her friends take advantage of their final days in St. Lucia with a packed itinerary, but Lennie is nowhere to be found. Whitney worries he's ditching her for his island crush, leaving her questioning her feelings.

Original air date 2022.10.25

Wow, that's it, huh? That "finale" doesn't even warrant its own thread. What a letdown. Let's see, what happened this season...Babs. And Lennie got a dog. Oh, and Jess got married. Snooze. Why did I watch this? 

Was that anticlimactic ending scene supposed to be a cliffhanger? "I guess we'll deal with this back in the States." Then, if TLC manages to not dig up any new nightmares (they're scraping the bottom of the barrel of boring with a former beauty queen and a couple of moms raising a blended family), they'll somehow fail upwards into a new season with more nothing to show, Lennie will suddenly disappear without a mention, and the barnacles won't even bother to pretend they're showing up for this season's vacation in a new place.

ETA: Also LOL at Hunter's "props" comment and his continued support of Lennie hooking up with Hilda. Like, we all know she came from central casting (like...them prancing around on the beach right in front of Whitney and the barnacles was so, so obvious), but still, that was funny.

Also, that banana boat looked super fun (until Whiney started gagging, which, ew, did we need to see that? Even blurred...gross)! I would love to try that!

Edited by monagatuna
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

I doubt that Whitney ever skips breakfast so I was worried whether she could keep it down on that bumpy boat ride to the mud baths. But then, there was the banana boat incident which I could have done without. At the formal dinner on the beach I thought I saw her making the toast with a glass in one hand and a full fork full of food in the other. I couldn't quite believe my eyes but then, the editors replayed it, indicating to me once again that they really like showing her at her worst.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I doubt that Whitney ever skips breakfast so I was worried whether she could keep it down on that bumpy boat ride to the mud baths. But then, there was the banana boat incident which I could have done without. At the formal dinner on the beach I thought I saw her making the toast with a glass in one hand and a full fork full of food in the other. I couldn't quite believe my eyes but then, the editors replayed it, indicating to me once again that they really like showing her at her worst.

Of COURSE  she skips  breakfast!! Don't you remember,  she eats only once a day, if she doesn't completely forget to eat at all!!! (That's sarcasm, for the folks in the last row.)

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

With the way  things change every season, they'll just move on to something else and we get nothing about Lenny nor Frenchie.  I really do hope Babs continues to do well and as much as I love to Snark on Whit, I would still watch if there's an 11th season.

Yesterday Whit posted on her IG something about living with Todd and in the comments she disclosed ST LUCIA was five  months ago and Tal had already moved in and moved out and now Todd has moved in.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Wow, that's it, huh? That "finale" doesn't even warrant its own thread. What a letdown. Let's see, what happened this season...Babs. And Lennie got a dog. Oh, and Jess got married. Snooze. Why did I watch this? 

Don’t forget Whitney’s BIG storyline:

eB0aROCl530-poster-image

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

What was with Jessica taking Lennie aside to tell him they saw him on the beach with Hilda?  She sounded like a scoldy schoolmarm.  The whole thing was silly.  It's telling that even a free trip to St. Lucia doesn't motivate the barnacles to act like they want to be there.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

What was with Jessica taking Lennie aside to tell him they saw him on the beach with Hilda?  She sounded like a scoldy schoolmarm.  The whole thing was silly.  It's telling that even a free trip to St. Lucia doesn't motivate the barnacles to act like they want to be there.

I guess Jessica got tapped for this preposterous scene since she’s Lennie’s coworker. The whole thing was ridiculous they should have just had production assistant  local resident Hilda tell Lennie she could tell Lennie and Whitney had some sort of money arrangement  chemistry and he should explore it.  It would have been just as unbelievable.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m so sick of her making fun of how other people dance. It takes A lot for a self-conscious person to get up the nerve to dance in front of other people. Someone who once fancied themselves a dance teacher, should be encouraging them to move and have fun. Instead, she pushes them to participate- then, laughs about how funny they looked or makes faces at their movements. To Buddy’s fiancé  “Im sorry you missed Buddy dancing! It was so funny, don’t worry-I got video!”  Ugh she’s just mean. 

• Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5

I don't know anything about people recovering from alchohol addictions or any type of addiction, but if I had an addiction and done the work, I wouldn't want it brought up EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.  I hope Lenny demanded a bonus for Whitney to bring up his addiction EVERY SINGLE EPISODE and they always talk about how awful he was and how he's so much better now.

It's the same with the TODD IS ALWAYS LATE thing they had going this season which has never been an issue the other nine seasons.

Jessica is lucky it's her first year, if there's another season you can bet she will have an addiction or some flaw or dependency that Whit will constantly need to bring up.

Enlighten me if it's a thing that people recovering from addiction need it to be brought up all the time a year or two later. Is it part of the 10 steps that I'm not aware of?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I don't know anything about people recovering from alchohol addictions or any type of addiction, but if I had an addiction and done the work, I wouldn't want it brought up EVERY SINGLE EPISODE.  I hope Lenny demanded a bonus for Whitney to bring up his addiction EVERY SINGLE EPISODE and they always talk about how awful he was and how he's so much better now.

It's the same with the TODD IS ALWAYS LATE thing they had going this season which has never been an issue the other nine seasons.

Jessica is lucky it's her first year, if there's another season you can bet she will have an addiction or some flaw or dependency that Whit will constantly need to bring up.

Enlighten me if it's a thing that people recovering from addiction need it to be brought up all the time a year or two later. Is it part of the 10 steps that I'm not aware of?

I find it interesting that with Buddy and Lenny,  she has to bring up their addictions with EVERY. SINGLE. BREATH. And yet you never hear her mention that  TAL is a recovering addict, which he is.

Why is that,  Whitney?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I find it interesting that with Buddy and Lenny,  she has to bring up their addictions with EVERY. SINGLE. BREATH. And yet you never hear her mention that  TAL is a recovering addict, which he is.

My theory on this is similar to the reason she made the statement that she approves of Buddy's fiance and is happy that they are engaged. She has to be superior to all of her friends and to never appear to be less than them. If she didn't approve there isn't anything she can do about it she knows she has met her match and doesn't want to appear to lose.

Tal is a trained therapist (of sorts) Whitney knows he could easily point out that while he has done the work and is in recovery  she  has not. She would lose status if that occurred. She knows that Buddy and Lennie would never dare to call her out so she abuses them to elevate herself and increase her feelings of self worth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 10/25/2022 at 9:35 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what Lenny looks like underneath that beard.  

On 10/26/2022 at 1:09 AM, suev3333 said:

Nooooooo  ✋🏼        you don't want to know.   TRUST me.    He got rid of it a season back I think .    That beard and stache are the best looking thing about him .   JMO

On 10/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Really?  I’ll have to go and refresh my memory.  I’ve watched all seasons.  

IIRC and am not imagining all this, when he showed up "unexpectedly" at Whitney's door a few seasons ago during Covid, he was clean-shaven.  He ended up spending the night, even though she was supposedly very into observing Covid mask and distancing protocols.  Many of us didn't recognize him because he looked so different.  And yeah, it wasn't a good look...he looks sooo much better with beard and stache.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

IIRC and am not imagining all this, when he showed up "unexpectedly" at Whitney's door a few seasons ago during Covid, he was clean-shaven.  He ended up spending the night, even though she was supposedly very into observing Covid mask and distancing protocols.  Many of us didn't recognize him because he looked so different.  And yeah, it wasn't a good look...he looks sooo much better with beard and stache.

Yes I thought they hired another actor to play Lennie lol.

He has pretty eyes and that beard highlights it and  gives him a  bohemian, cave man vibe.  

Beardless Lennie reminds me of Charlottes' husband from Sex in the City.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

The first husband or the second one?

He doesn't remind me of either one!

BTW, I thought the name of this episode was "Relationship Status: Open" but there seem to be two threads for Season 10 episode 11 so I'm confused.

Edited by Yeah No
On 10/27/2022 at 7:51 PM, LEILANI2 said:

Half of me doesn't even believe he has an addiction.  In his previous incarnation on this show he was blowing her off by not picking up the phone when she called, so she went on camera to bang on his door and found him drinking with his friends and not being interested in talking to her.  So now that he's returned, and they're obviously super-attracted to each other, and possibly in love (😂), there MUST be an explanation for why he blew her off before.  Maybe it's true and maybe not, but he's willing to go along with the rest of her shenanigans, so I'm still not buying what they're selling.  I'm waiting for internet sleuths to find him drinking beers with his real girlfriend.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, princelina said:

Half of me doesn't even believe he has an addiction.  In his previous incarnation on this show he was blowing her off by not picking up the phone when she called, so she went on camera to bang on his door and found him drinking with his friends and not being interested in talking to her.  So now that he's returned, and they're obviously super-attracted to each other, and possibly in love (😂), there MUST be an explanation for why he blew her off before.  Maybe it's true and maybe not, but he's willing to go along with the rest of her shenanigans, so I'm still not buying what they're selling.  I'm waiting for internet sleuths to find him drinking beers with his real girlfriend.

In the last episode this season she said they didn't have sex that much when they were together years ago and he said he tries to not remember it 

Yea there is  no consistency at all, like they can't even be bothered to hire some writers who make it their job to watch past seasons to keep the 'reality' realistic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

In the last episode this season she said they didn't have sex that much when they were together years ago and he said he tries to not remember it 

Yea there is  no consistency at all, like they can't even be bothered to hire some writers who make it their job to watch past seasons to keep the 'reality' realistic.

Consistency is a problem when all you have are fake boyfriends 😂. I know I was recently remembering on one of these threads about the last time she and Lennie were "surprised in bed" together - she was all sprawled out with her CPAP machine and he was flat on his back with the covers up to his chin - you could just tell he was dressed down to his shoes under there 😂

• LOL 4

Just watching a Catfish rerun, where the woman has been talking to Lennie--or has she?
It's an episode from 12/19/18, "Chelsea and Lennie."
Update, it is indeed Lennie.

Edited by auntjess
On 10/21/2023 at 10:26 PM, auntjess said:

Just watching a Catfish rerun, where the woman has been talking to Lennie--or has she?
It's an episode from 12/19/18, "Chelsea and Lennie."
Update, it is indeed Lennie.

He was catfishing someone?

Is he a professional reality star?

• Useful 1