Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Crossfire

DanaK
  • Start Topic

SUNDAY, NOV. 6

10:00-11:00 p.m.

Officer John Nolan and Celina witness a shooting, realize the victim was already dead, and investigate further. Back at home, Bailey has been feeling off-center ever since the proposal, leaving Nolan to wonder what he can do to make her feel more comfortable. Elsewhere, Lopez and Harper enlist Lucy's help to investigate the gang-related murder of a local shopkeeper.

I am now definitely hate watching.  I hate Nolan's new partner and her stupid crap.  I hate Lucy so much I can't even watch her and Bailey???  Stop pushing her on us!  This stupid storyline.  Are they out of ideas?  Watch some Adam-12 or Dragnet and steal their ideas

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Today's show was hit and miss. The thrice murdered doctor whose wife obviously did the actual murder from the very instant she appeared on screen. The kid whose sister is in a gang that killed someone and was obviously going to turn out to be the killer. And so forth. Never the less, as a light drama that I can watch without feeling sick, it will do.

Only thing to wonder is how Elijah will get his comeuppance. Because he better had get his comeuppance!

However, the Nolan/Bailey pairing is now actually bordering on nauseating, and heading even further in the wrong direction. Please! Kill off Bailey now, before she becomes an entrenched member of Nolan's life! Because after that we will never get the rid of her.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Only thing to wonder is how Elijah will get his comeuppance. Because he better had get his comeuppance!

However, the Nolan/Bailey pairing is now actually bordering on nauseating, and heading even further in the wrong direction. Please! Kill off Bailey now, before she becomes an entrenched member of Nolan's life! Because after that we will never get the rid of her.

Yes, Elijah better get his comeuppance.  I'm thankful that they didn't have his lawyer/Wesley's ex in the show. On the other hand, maybe she'll take part in his comeuppance (as an aid, or as a victim...I shouldn't be rooting for one or the other, but I am.)

Bailey was particularly annoying, I agree. It was ridiculous to go the "energy" route when she hadn't moved anything of hers into the house. She felt entitled to redecorate Nolan's house, but not entitled to move her things in?  Hopefully that earthquake really does mean something...

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

And we are back to stupid.
I guess with 600 scripted series out there, it is really tough to find decent writers or even showrunners, so I kind of get it.... they now hire 10 years olds to write their scripts.. 
So a police officer who usually roams the streets of LA also works as undercover. I know LA is quite big..but still..
The Doc story was tolerable, barely..
The Elijah story has become ridiculous. Of course he will re-appear in the future...
Celina is getting really annoying, I am not sure if the writers like her or make fun of her. 
As for Bailey and Nolan...aaaah... I have no words. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

As a lawyer, Wesley is an idiot for doing that press conference with Elijah. Did Wesley pass the bar exam on his own merits or did family money buys him everything? Angela says Wesley is a badass in courtroom. Yeah, keep telling yourself that hun. We will be seeing Elijah again, for sure.

Why the show is so desperate to shove Bailey down our throats? The writers go above and beyond to create a bond between Bailey and Celina over aura/energy/astrology BS. Can we go back to watching superhero Nolan please!

It’s admirable that Aaron has a genuine concern for his new puppy. He can connect with him and his mother. Let’s hope Tabin won’t be that polarizing like Lucy’s puppy. It’s far fetched to be using him to make entry for Lucy into the ladies gang.

Lucy: “I don’t want to blow my cover.”

Five seconds later, running up to the door, blowing her cover.

🙄🙄🙄

Lucy is another idiot. She keeps burning her UC identities so easily. And the writers want us to believe that Lucy is so damn good in going UC. She just shows up and the gang will welcome her with open arms, inviting her to join their illegal activities. Okay… 😆

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Yeah....  I have to agree.  If Bailey and Nolan are so committed to each other that they are about to be married, then why hasn't Bailey moved in?  Or at least moved some of her stuff over?  The way she went on about her chair, and Nolan listened, and then "ta-da!" there's her chair and she gets a look on her face like it was made of Limburger cheese with durian scented cushions?  If this were real life, those would be some pretty loudly clanging signals that all is not right there.  Bailey was a full adult with a full life before she hooked up with Nolan--even though she's young, it isn't like she's just fresh from the college dorms with no possessions to her name.  Hell, she's got enough shit to warrant a storage unit, for crying out loud!

When Mr. HV and I got married, all our furniture was his, and most of our stuff was his.  Including the horrific black velvet painting of an elk on a mountainside painted in really garish colors with a rustic frame.  <<shudder>>  Coming straight from college, I had nothing but clothes, some posters, and some kitchen stuff.  So for a very long time, our home did not resemble a melding of our styles and personalities.  For a long time, our home resembled Mr. HV's family's cast-offs.  After thirty years of marriage, we finally got rid of the last of it...an old end table from his parent's house we were using as a bedside table in the guestroom.  It had gold velvet inset in the carved front--all the better to match the painting, I guess.  The painting is long gone, thankfully, after I finally worked up the courage to tell Mr. HV that it was ugly tacky not to my taste.

So, I'm hoping that this realization that even though they're together, Bailey has touched down very lightly on Nolan's life and keeping the rest of her life--not just her stuff--separate from him.  Bailey has been everywhere, done everything, including dying three times, and Nolan is still finding out about big and important stuff.  I'm starting to wonder hope that Bailey is just one of those people who collects experiences, and now that she's collected a grown-up relationship experience, it is time for her to move on.  Perhaps she'll get recalled to active duty, and absorbed into some black ops organization and drops off the face of the earth.  Maybe she becomes an astronaut, and literally drops off the face of the earth.

Anyways....

That whole apology thing was weird.  Like, really weird.  Kingpins of criminal enterprises don't go on TV.  Even if they're feeding their enormous egos.  There must be a purpose to it, and maybe we'll learn more later.  Why was Wesley the only one compelled to apologize?  Why not Lopez, Grey, and Harper as well?  I don't get it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Glad I didn't miss anything (still switching back and forth between this and NCIS: LA, some more silliness).

I saw the snippets of Elijah giving Wesley a restraining order (major eye roll), Lucy being given the UC detail (because only Lucy can do it!) and Nolan and Bailey at the end of the epi with that awful chair (ugh).

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I saw the snippets of Elijah giving Wesley a restraining order (major eye roll), Lucy being given the UC detail (because only Lucy can do it!) and Nolan and Bailey at the end of the epi with that awful chair (ugh).

To be fair, the chair looked really cozy - it was just a hideous color. Bailey should not be decorating anything.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Bailey was a full adult with a full life before she hooked up with Nolan--even though she's young, it isn't like she's just fresh from the college dorms with no possessions to her name.  Hell, she's got enough shit to warrant a storage unit, for crying out loud!

Eh, Jenna Dewan is almost 42, so I wouldn't say Bailey is young.  She's middle-aged, which kinda makes everything in this episode even more ridiculous.  

*sigh*  Bailey's never leaving, is she?  She's gonna be here until the end, popping up in places that make no sense, magically having skill sets that fit any situation and just generally annoying the crap out of the audience.  Oh well, at least it's better than Pete Davidson's character becoming a regular.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

To be fair, the chair looked really cozy - it was just a hideous color. Bailey should not be decorating anything.

I don’t know why but I keep waiting for Nolan to comment that orange is hideous then Bailey will correct him (as usual) by saying “Oh honey, that’s not orange, it’s tangerine”.

😂😂😂

• LOL 3
11 hours ago, Height-Nonchalance said:

I just came here to see if everyone else hates Bailey.  Sure 'nuff.

Also, Wesley is more weeny than bad ass.

Right now is a tie between Bailey and Lucy. However Celina is approaching with very good chances!
This will be close.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

What we need is an episode where Elijah holds Bailey hostage then the building they are in explodes killing them both. 

I still struggle to understand how Elijah somehow got superpowers to the extent that not only does he get off scott free, he can issue restraining orders and get settlements from the city ??? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I still like Lucy.  She just needs some seasoning.

If I think of Bailey strictly as comic relief, with all her inexplicable popping up with random life experiences and extreme skills (bomb squad!  yoga instructor!  spelunking!  bead crafts!) that exactly fit the scenario Nolan is struggling with, then I can tolerate her.  Having her try to be a real character and not just comic relief (like Smitty) then I have problems and hate her.

Celina--or at least how Celina is written--is getting on my last nerve.  How she ever got hired by LAPD and through the academy with how she spouts off at every turn with all her woo-woo stuff is beyond me.   Even hardcore woo-woo people take a break from their crystal gazing and star chart readings and eat a doughnut or watch Golden Girls sometimes, but apparently not her.  The writers have made her very one-dimensional.  Her sob story of a backstory is only there to serve as a basis for her woo-woo.

Edited to add:  Nothing against woo-woo.  I'd have the same opinion if she were passionate about baseball cards, and talked about baseball cards all the time, and saw every circumstance through the lens of baseball cards, and came up with baseball card based solutions and observations.

What I really want to see is Tim crush her like a bug.  Hell, even Angela or Nyla could squash her with some hard facts and practicalities.  Nolan is letting her get away with way too much.

Edited by HurricaneVal
Woo-woo is as woo-woo does.
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Oh well, at least it's better than Pete Davidson's character becoming a regular.

Amazingly, I'd prefer Pete. He doesn't really bother me.

I still like Lucy.

Celina hasn't gotten on my nerves at all.

Huh. Maybe I'm mellowing in my old age 😂

I still like this show, but whoever told the showrunners it was a good idea to (previously) continue with the Rosalind storyline and now to continue with the Elijah one is out of their gd MIND.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
58 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I still like Lucy.  She just needs some seasoning.

If I think of Bailey strictly as comic relief, with all her inexplicable popping up with random life experiences and extreme skills (bomb squad!  yoga instructor!  spelunking!  bead crafts!) that exactly fit the scenario Nolan is struggling with, then I can tolerate her.  Having her try to be a real character and not just comic relief (like Smitty) then I have problems and hate her.

I didn't mind her (Bailey) at first, because she did show up fairly randomly in the situations mentioned. But now she's on all the time, and they're trying to sell us on a love they tell us about, but don't actually show.

As for Lucy, she aggravates me because I know the actress can do so much more, and nonsensical undercover bits aren't enough.

I don't mind the woo woo rookie at all. I would like, however, to see her do more than the woo woo bit.

You gotta love the multiethnic street gangs of TV. Anybody from South Central LA would react Caputo was supposed to be a Crip upon hearing "Rollin". So okay a motorcycle club comes from the fake out. And Lucy seemed a bit old for her gangster from nowhere role.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, HurricaneVal said:

The writers have made her very one-dimensional.  Her sob story of a backstory is only there to serve as a basis for her woo-woo.

This is about par for the course. Aaron started life as the formerly accused murder suspect. And that was all there was to him. So maybe Woo-woo's character will mature with a few more facets. but I'm not holding out much hope of that happening before someone she knows can't take any more, and murders her.

Edited by Netfoot
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, edhopper said:

So beat cops now can just spend their day investigating a murder? 

I remember an Adam-12 episode with a vehicular homicide on a Sunday so Traffic Division investigators were not working and being a vehicle homicide sent no one out. So Malloy and Reed did it. After Jack Webb made that public that changed. 

For The Rookie once Detective Lopez's Lieutenant disappeared along with pandemic protocols if she's off LAPD has little left.

• Useful 1

Had to chime in after the first 5 minutes of this episode to say that the gang boss is like the worse gang boss ever.  The way a gang boss survives is not being public, and he must not actually be in court a lot because, you know what happens in civil cases, discovery and the ability for people to testify all about what they hear from other people to form their judgements and opinions especially if you are claiming they are unfairly targeting you, because you know all those inadmissible and dead witnesses in all those other cases, they get to be testified to in court.  Way to get all that dirty laundry aired in the public record.

• Love 1

The way Lucy crashed the party as an undercover was preposterous.  Really they would welcome her with open arms because she showed up with the brother in a car, when he hadn't seen the sister in who knows how long?  Then she only has to claim to know "Shawty" to be elevated above the existing gang member. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1