• Start Topic

Clayton James (Chuck Grant)
Kate Buron (Joan)
Zarrin Darnell-Martin (Judy)
Anne-Marie Johnson (Felicity)
Shawn MacDonald (Victor)
Anisa Harris (Olivia)
Rob Labelle (D.A. Lars Boatman)
Mark Dozlaw (Kieran Miller [Resident Doctor])
Jason Asuncion (Jail Sheriff)
Yvette Lu (Exhausted Nurse)
Marlee Walchuk (Judge)
Nancy Ebert (Joyce [Legal Secretary])
Madeleine Kelders (Monica Fitzsimmons)
Tommy Europe (Courtroom Bailiff)
Olson Lloyd (Jimmy [Desk Jail Sheriff])

958FCA1E-E758-45EB-AE00-80CB448AC8C0.jpg
so-help-me-todd-episode-5b-1068x712.jpg
so-help-me-todd-episode-5e-1068x712.jpg

I liked the dynamics of the episode, especially Margaret, Susan and Lyle's interactions with Todd, very smooth and they did not irritate me. I am not sure that the story made any sense logically. How come nobody knew who insisted that the Society had to have those little soaps. That also doesn't explain why the closet is full of Dry Cleaning from Canada when nobody mentions being sent to Canada to pick up Dry Cleaning. Weird the police had to destroy the painting on the wall to get to the drugs behind it, I am sure the painting opens easily so that the drug dealers can have easy access.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I liked the dynamics of the episode, especially Margaret, Susan and Lyle's interactions with Todd, very smooth and they did not irritate me. I am not sure that the story made any sense logically. How come nobody knew who insisted that the Society had to have those little soaps. That also doesn't explain why the closet is full of Dry Cleaning from Canada when nobody mentions being sent to Canada to pick up Dry Cleaning. Weird the police had to destroy the painting on the wall to get to the drugs behind it, I am sure the painting opens easily so that the drug dealers can have easy access.

Yes to all of the above. I do think it was overall an improvement. Kind of like Psych but with the parent-child relationship improved. When the sister said Todd and their mom were spending too much time together, it was because the mom was enjoying a little harmless conniving with Todd.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I get such a kick out of the dinner table scenes with Todd, his mom, his sister, and her husband who tries so hard to fit in.  The comedic timing of their little comments is great.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 6
  • Love 6

This was a another fun episode, as lightweight as a French souffle, but worth an hour of my time on a Thursday night. 

Having said that, the courtroom scene at the end was about as fake as anything ever seen in an episode of "Perry Mason"!  No way that line of questioning would have ever been allowed.  Oh well.  As my grandmother used to say, "It takes all that to make a story". :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

the courtroom scene at the end was about as fake as anything ever seen in an episode of "Perry Mason"! 

I remember wondering if that courtroom scene was supposed to be a Perry Mason spoof.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

This was a another fun episode, as lightweight as a French souffle, but worth an hour of my time on a Thursday night. 

Yes! The show is stupid, silly, fun that operates mostly on TVLand logic, not real world logic. I enjoy it. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4

And the show does have 2 great leads, which is why I started watching. 
I wonder if Kate Burton (Joan) will be in more episodes since at the end of this one Marcia Gay Harden/Margaret asks to be the on-call lawyer for the pretentious society? 

• Like 2

I like the scene with Todd and the intern. And Todd telling the intern he became a successful finger surgeon. 

On the other hand, when he first showed up at the back door of the PPF he told the girl he was delivering fresh eggs but then Victor mistook him for one of the cater/waiters and had the very same girl training him. Why didn't she ask him why he lied about who he was when he came to the door?

• Like 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

On the other hand, when he first showed up at the back door of the PPF he told the girl he was delivering fresh eggs but then Victor mistook him for one of the cater/waiters and had the very same girl training him. Why didn't she ask him why he lied about who he was when he came to the door?

At first I thought it was a bit odd, but we’d get a backstory.  
She did turn out to be the daughter of Joan, and she had a sketchy past, but was mostly a red herring. 
Then it turned out the coma patient was Joan’s lover. 
There were a lot of characters who seemed to be there just for obfuscation.

6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I remember wondering if that courtroom scene was supposed to be a Perry Mason spoof.

I was thinking Matlock. Or, McBride. 

Edited by Daff
  • Like 3

Since the episode title emphasized their name Wright ... I used to know a guy named Wright, who would say to women at parties, "Hi, I'm Mr. Wright."  Maybe Todd has done that too.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2022 at 11:07 PM, shapeshifter said:

Yes to all of the above. I do think it was overall an improvement. Kind of like Psych but with the parent-child relationship improved. When the sister said Todd and their mom were spending too much time together, it was because the mom was enjoying a little harmless conniving with Todd.

Todd and Mom don't (or didn't) get along because they're so alike. You'd think it would be the opposite with parents and children, but if you think about who can annoy you more than anyone else? Yourself ;)

On 10/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, iMonrey said:

I like the scene with Todd and the intern. And Todd telling the intern he became a successful finger surgeon. 

Finger Surgeon is officially going on my list of careers to tell people I don't want to talk to. She didn't ask because she didn't give a crap. And she wouldn't necessarily know a new server. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I’m enjoying the show on a mindless level. 

I don’t see any chemistry between Todd and that woman at the law office he’s pining over. I think we are supposed to right? I’m just thinking “girl he’s cute and all but he’s a mess, stick with the guy who committed to you and got you the giant rock on your finger.”

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, iMonrey said:

Why didn't she ask him why he lied about who he was when he came to the door?

She is not getting paid enough to care, lol.

What did the squatter whose name I forget mean when he asked Todd if he was a masher? Like a dandy?