Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Trouble in Paradise

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, apollonia666 said:

Colleen, RUN.

Seriously.  Matt is a fucking psycho.  The red flags are waving all over the place.

I can't believe Alexa basically called Brennan a 2 pump chump.  Damn girl.

NGL, I loved Raven shooting Bartise down.  Her saying it was not a compliment for him to say she is pretty was great.  No you rejected me in the pods you don't get to mack on me in person.

Poor Nancy, she's all in and Bartise seems like he is trying to tiptoe away in increments.  He seems to be sending such mixed messages.

Who'dve thought the only person I liked this entire episode would be Raven of all people.

and yeah, because it bears repeating:  Colleen, RUN!

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 10/26/2022 at 5:29 PM, apollonia666 said:

Colleen, RUN.

I thought it was so interesting.  Nancy and Zanab both had their partners talking about how hot they found one of their "exes" or ranked them higher than their fiancees and both Nancy and Zay had to calibrate how upset they're allowed to be without losing cool points or being seen as "crazy" overreacting.

Meanwhile, Colleen, who is completely with Matt and thought she could be honest about her conversation conversation with Cole was met with a man who had no qualms about getting as angry as he thought he could be.  The way he sat and ate his fucking steak while she went to cry in the closet....whew. And then he stomped away while she begged for forgiveness was super unpleasant.

It's a vulnerable time so I could understand him feeling upset but it was so over-the-top. 

On 10/26/2022 at 5:39 PM, DearEvette said:

NGL, I loved Raven shooting Bartise down.  Her saying it was not a compliment for him to say she is pretty was great.  No you rejected me in the pods you don't get to mack on me in person.

I know.  I never got villain vibes from Raven that others got.  Yes, she worked out during deep sharing moments but I probably make allowances for the fact that it's kind of like talking on the phone and she probably had nervous energy.  I certainly didn't get Shaina or Jessica vibes. I thought the way she handled Bartise was pitch perfect. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 7

To quote the legendary Mrs. Pattmore: (Re: Bartise and Cole)

BVW7GH7CEAINSDE.png.85bde53b330b5620cb2df36f74ab5e50.png

Bartise and Cole have no business being married. They are too young emotionally and need to just date and have fun.  When Bartise is older he might kick himself because Nancy is a quality person and he might not appreciate it until it's too late.

Matt needs therapy before entering into a new relationship. He has not healed.

• Love 7

Matt is waaaaaaay too possessive for someone who has been engaged for 3 fucking days. The abuser red flags are off the charts.

You gotta have some amount of grace in this situation because everyone dated each other, some quite seriously. Colleen and Cole's conversation was normal and expected for THIS situation. That being said, Cole was being an absolute dick to Zanab. You can have eyes and be attracted to someone without putting your partner down about it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Yes, there are bound to be some awkward and intimate conversations between the people that bonded but didn’t end up together in the pods, but Cole not only seemed to be having buyer’s remorse, but I interpreted that as him hitting on Colleen. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

That's true. COLLEEN'S side of the conversation was normal and nothing she should have been ashamed of or had to justify to her jealous fiance. Matt was way out of line. He should not be in a relationship. If he's this codependent after less than a week...girl RUN.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
On 10/26/2022 at 5:39 PM, DearEvette said:

I can't believe Alexa basically called Brennan a 2 pump chump.  Damn girl.

I interpreted that as Alexa saying that he was so big it was uncomfortable and it took a couple minutes to get all the way in, not that he only lasted a couple minutes. Gay folklore says that tall, thin men are more likely to be well endowed, particularly if they have big noses like Brennan, so that may be coloring my interpretation.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, djlynch said:

I interpreted that as Alexa saying that he was so big it was uncomfortable and it took a couple minutes to get all the way in, not that he only lasted a couple minutes. 

That's exactly how I interpreted that conversation too.

On 10/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, djlynch said:

I interpreted that as Alexa saying that he was so big it was uncomfortable and it took a couple minutes to get all the way in, not that he only lasted a couple minutes. Gay folklore says that tall, thin men are more likely to be well endowed, particularly if they have big noses like Brennan, so that may be coloring my interpretation.

I interpreted it totally different. I think she was not "ready" and he was going at it for 2 full mins just trying to shove it in there, and that it was uncomfortable until she got him to slow his roll and let her get in the mood more. Honestly I find it crazy that they go into such details about it on television for the whole world to hear This is different than we had sex x amount of times its a bit TMI. 

Zanab is way too insecure. She is absolutely gorgeous without her make up on, she would have looked amazing with no make up and a messy bun and actually enjoying the pool rather than standing on the sides because she had gotten all made up and couldn't even go in the water. No amount of anyone telling her that is going to make a bit of a difference though until she believes it herself. I could see how her constant questioning and making comments about it would grate on her partners nerves, I can see Cole internally gritting his teeth anytime she rebuffs his compliments or brings up that it's the make up that makes her look good. 

Nancy is giving me young, Fool's Rush In era, Salma Hayek vibes. She is what a large majority of people think of when they think hot Latina, she would probably garner just as much attention as Raven in any setting so I absolutely loathe that Bartise is acting as though Nancy cannot hold a candle to Raven. Nancy you are freaking gorgeous and worthy of all the love you deserve girl!

I really respect Raven for what she said about Bartise, good for her! 

Does anyone know where the infinity pool scenes were filmed. I looked up Calamigos and I don't think that that particular spot is part of that property. It looked pretty amazing. 

• Love 7
On 10/26/2022 at 9:59 PM, Irlandesa said:

I thought it was so interesting.  Nancy and Zanab both had their partners talking about how hot they found one of their "exes" or ranked them higher than their fiancees and both Nancy and Zay had to calibrate how upset they're allowed to be without losing cool points or being seen as "crazy" overreacting.

Zanab was idiotic to ask Cole specifically about his rating of other women compared to her.  He can lie and tell her she's #1, he can tell the truth and incur her wrath, or he can try to deflect and not answer and have her figure out anyway the reason he is deflecting and incur her wrath.  Don't ask the question if you can't take the answer!

On 10/27/2022 at 10:51 PM, P2C2E said:

Colleen and Cole's conversation was normal and expected for THIS situation. 

On 10/27/2022 at 11:14 PM, Cramps said:

Yes, there are bound to be some awkward and intimate conversations between the people that bonded but didn’t end up together in the pods, but Cole not only seemed to be having buyer’s remorse, but I interpreted that as him hitting on Colleen. 

Gotta disagree about their conversation being OK, even for this situation.  When Cole mentioned about how he would find her attractive IRL or whatever, that was her signal to perhaps say "thank you", but to not return the compliment, because he indeed was hitting on her.  (Doesn't excuse Matt's rage-y behavior, though.)

On 11/1/2022 at 7:52 PM, nomodrama said:

Zanab is way too insecure. She is absolutely gorgeous without her make up on, she would have looked amazing with no make up and a messy bun and actually enjoying the pool rather than standing on the sides because she had gotten all made up and couldn't even go in the water. 

When she was in the bed with that sweatshirt on and no makeup, she looked 1000 times better than at the pool.  And who on earth gets that dolled up for a pool party, when they then can't actually participate?

• Love 6

What do Cole and Bartise think they are accomplishing by constantly telling the women they’re with that they find another girl extremely hot ? I think everyone in the world knows that there will always be someone else you’re attracted to , but that doesn’t mean you have to say it .. and they keep digging themselves deeper in a hole because they keep bringing it up . I’m just mind blown that any person at any age would think that would make their partner happy to hear . 

Matt was really over the top but after seeing Zenab and Nancy just let the men sit there and talk about other women being so gorgeous and rating the other women higher than the ones they are with .. it was kinda nice that he told her that wasn’t ok . But yeah again he was way over the top and is 100 % a red flag .

i have to say , I find Zenab so much prettier than Colleen so I’m kinda surprised Cole thinks Colleen is so gorgeous . I’m not seeing it . 
I do think Zenab is kind of a wet blanket though . She’s one of those girls who is too scared to ruin her makeup to get in a pool and I think Cole is too care free to be with someone like that . 
I was cringing when Cole said that everyone would be interested in other people unless you are Kim kardashian , but you look like her so you’re close . Does this guy have any actual brains in that head ?

Edited by Jax7917
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

This episode didn't change much about how I feel about Raven. There was never any question in my mind that she'd be good at sticking up for herself. I just don't read her as genuine.

Matt had a point about Colleen's response - it could have been a lot better. But the way he jumped to "you're playing me!" was ridiculous, as was his level of anger. I get the impression that he thinks women are untrustworthy, and when he's with any woman he's just waiting for her to "prove" that she's as bad as all other women. Absolutely a man to avoid.

• Love 3

The jealousy & insecurity on Zan & Matt are a bad look! Questions 101: DON'T ASK IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE ANSWER!!!! Rate her?!! Compared to the others?! SERIOUSLY?!!! She's so damn stupid! She created that whole mess & picked a fight because she's scared. Classic. Too bad he doesn't have the knowledge to see it & call it out.

The IRONY of Matt & Colleen's first conflict being caused by Cole. RICH! 🤣 He way overreacted & she kept defending/explaining instead of saying she messed up, she didn't think it was inappropriate, but knows better now. She's another fear operator. So desperate. I can't see her getting married & I don't even know why she's on LIB when she didn't even want to get deep. She's got a lot of growing up to do.

WTF is Bartise doing?!!! All he's complimenting is Raven's looks. He sounds stupid. Superficial as hell!!! Like. Let it go! She's moved on! I'm pleasantly surprised she shut it down & pointed out why they weren't compatible. He seemed to ignore all that & just wanna say they'd look good together. Yeah. Whatever. BYE!

• Like 1
On 11/2/2022 at 7:36 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Zanab was idiotic to ask Cole specifically about his rating of other women compared to her.  He can lie and tell her she's #1, he can tell the truth and incur her wrath, or he can try to deflect and not answer and have her figure out anyway the reason he is deflecting and incur her wrath.  Don't ask the question if you can't take the answer!

Not to mention calling her a 9 was extremely generous.  She admitted she doesn’t get hit on ever anywhere.

• Applause 1