Type keyword(s) to search

Fandom and Viewer Issues: "Fan" Is Short for "Fanatic"

Emma
  • Start Topic

What's funny is that some of them blaming her are also Colifer shippers, who admittedly keep their shipping to tumblr. They've claimed that it's not their fault if some crazies teeeted JMo about the "coffee" thing. Well... what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

I do find winger-hawk's theories really out there. But I have read even crazier theories when it came to LOST and HP. :-p

I don't know if Ginny Goodwin was harassed off Twitter, but IIRC Meghan Ory was. And just because Hook is a polarizing character on the show, I gathered that Colin gets some disproportionate volume of hate tweets. 

Sean gets WAY more hate than anyone else. Like it's not even close. I actually don't think Colin gets that much, because he never engages or acknowledges that he's seen it, so they don't get satisfaction from it. Now, there's somebody that keeps creating accounts solely to tweet really, really awful things directed at him, but it's clearly the same person and not widespread.

Yes. The bullies know that they sometimes can get Sean and JMo to respond and engage, and clearly they know they can get to Jen and hurt her, so they keep tweeting. Colin never responds, so they've pretty much given up.

• Love 3

I thought both Josh and Ginny said she temporarily quit Twitter because she was letting it become a distraction. Something about needing to spend that time with her new son. She had been tweeting more and more then did a clean sweep and took a break.

• Love 2

I don't know if Ginny Goodwin was harassed off Twitter, but IIRC Meghan Ory was. And just because Hook is a polarizing character on the show, I gathered that Colin gets some disproportionate volume of hate tweets. I don't know about there being no such thing as bad publicity, and I know this is older than twitter (hello, Hideaki Anno and vandalized studio and fanmail death threats back when those would be handwritten and lick-stickered I forgot what you call those) but hate at the actors, or even personal boundary encroaching adulation is just...never...cool...why that is even a thing.

That explains the recent Twitter conversation between Isaac and Snow (yes, they each have their own Twitter accounts) about this very subject. Even Isaac thinks those hate tweets are stupid.

I'd morale-y support some Almanac of OUAT Fandom Retrograde, in hopes that we might learn something from history...but as with any fandom that might be entirely too much time and effort dedicated to organizing data that doesn't pay and can ruin a day.

Do you mean stamps, perchance? :)

Stamps!!!!! Yes. Thank you. Cromagnon-era messaging technology, but...maybe some things were just better back then.

(edited)

For the record and I have been thinking about this a little and I am going to bring it up and then let it rest and if this has been brought up before I apologize for bringing it up again.  IF Regina or Emma were a man I do believe the show would most definably make Regina and Emma cannon.  They are pure gold (no pun intended) and they make for pure fairytale storyline much better then either Hook or Robin Hood do.  The only reason Hook or Robin were chose as possible love interests for Regina or Emma was because none of them have well established fairy tale love interests    Yes Robin Hood has Maid Marian but that can be hand waved away because his tale is mostly about him being a good thief  and less about him being a true love.  The Evil Queen and Hook are traditionally villains and don't have love interests and Emma is a original character.  My point is that the way fairy tales work is that if the daughter of snow white had been a son.....he would most definitely have been paired with the evil queen the irony would have been too much for any writer to have resisted..especially an evil queen on a redemption story arc.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
(edited)

And I would hate the idea every bit as much, because Emma deserves WAY better than Reginald. It has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with character. I'd say they're more fool's gold than gold.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 9

Uhh Emma and Regina have went to blows. If Regina was a man she'd be far away from any Emma storyline. If Emma was the guy and Regina treated him like the way Regina treated Emma early on she'd most likely end up being fridged. Honestly if Regina was Reginald and Emma's love interest Reginald wouldn't have been as terrible early on. Look at how they write Hook. The worst thing he's done to Emma was lock her up in a cave, take Auror's heart and then give it back. lol

(edited)

I don't think it's fair to say that if Regina were a man she'd be automatically Emma's LI. I think Regina would have been a very different character if she were a man. Some character could work out basically the same with a gender change, but Regina would change a lot. First of all, I'm not sure if the casual audience and the writers would be as quick to forgive her evil deeds. The fandom definitely would, yeah, but Once has a different audience than The Vampire Diaries (which does have a main character who's done many of the same things and is fine and dandy and popular - but such characters are pretty common in darker romance fiction, of which TVD is an example). I don't think they'd make Male!Regina rape Graham in the first place, for instance, that would have been too much (double standards galore). The feud with Snow White would have to be reworked too, otherwise it would look completely ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous than it already was), plus people would undoubtedly see some creepy sexual element to it as well. Etc, etc.

Now, if Emma were a man... Yeah, I could probably see it. Doesn't mean I'd like it, but I could easily imagine the writers going there in that case. I'm not sure it would have as popular in the fandom as SQ or a theoretical Emma/MaleRegina though.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2

Yeah if either was a man no one would see them as a romantic pairing because of the writing that is Canon. People would have just shipped Regina with another woman if Emma were a guy and like others and I have said, Regina has done some atrocious things for majority of this audience to forgive her/him unless of course she was played by Ian Shareholder or something. The TVD audience forgives his character no matter what he does so i assume it could happen here as well? Then again some people ignorantly call Hook a rapist so maybe he'd be hated as well.

(edited)

The only reason Hook or Robin were chose as possible love interests for Regina or Emma was because none of them have well established fairy tale love interests    Yes Robin Hood has Maid Marian but that can be hand waved away because his tale is mostly about him being a good thief  and less about him being a true love.  

I don't understand. The Evil Queen has no established fairy tale romantic interest either, so wouldn't that put Regina in the same boat as Hook? Also I disagree that you can hand wave Marian way (I mean... Zelena did, literally but still...) Maid Marian has become an important figure in Robin Hood's mythology. Not to say she's essential. The BBC Robin Hood series killed her off at one point. But she was still a major character before and even after her death. Her complete absence in any Robin Hood adaptation would be noticed by a modern audience.

I also have to express utter disinterest in an Emma/Regina pairing (regardless of whether we gender swap either character). I'm a bisexual woman and the fake-out with Mulan and Aurora, and Mulan's continued absence will go down as one of the biggest TV disappointments of my life. I have a mighty need for more LGBTQIA+ representation. I also really like Emma and I would love it if she were canonically queer regardless of the gender of her love interest.

However, I think Regina would be a terrible romantic interest for her. I see not a single speck of romantic or sexual chemistry between them. It also disturbs me that Regina's continued abuse of others, including Emma, is so easily glossed over by some SQ shippers. This lack of honesty about the problematic nature of Emma and Regina's relationship doesn't help the pairing (or the cause for better queer representation). It reduces the relationship to the equivalent of two Barbie dolls being smashed together. That's not good storytelling. Dysfunctional relationships on TV can be great, but they have to be acknowledged as so in the text.

Take Cosima and Delphine in Orphan Black for example. I love their relationship but Delphine (a character who began as pretty shady) is treading down an even darker path now even though it's to protect Cosima. It has compromised their relationship and for good reason. While the show treats both characters with sympathy it doesn't shrug at Delphine's bad behaviour or play her off as the victim when her own decisions put her in this situation. But the way OUAT writes relationships like Rumbelle for example, I don't see them being able to tackle a Regina/Emma romance in a manner that consistently acknowledges its dysfunction and follows through on it honestly.

A male!Emma and Regina pairing would've been tempting to the writers, I agree. I think if Regina were male it's possible that he might have been in the running as a romantic interest for Emma, but I also believe this would've come with a big re-write of the character and their journey (maybe even to the extent that they'd feel like a different person entirely).

It's hard to imagine though, because the way Regina has been written this season alone has warped the way I see her making speculation difficult. I can't take a Emma/Regina romance seriously after watching an episode like 4-05 where on the one hand Regina verbally abuses Emma for a day and on the other hand Emma is comforted by a Hook who respects her boundaries and expresses genuine compassion for her. The contrast is glaring to me. It's not about Hook being a man or not having an established love interest in other adaptations. It's about me preferring a relationship that's being written as a carefully developing, equal partnership over one that would (with these writers) basically end up as a vehicle to prop up a character who is already being written as if her shit doesn't stink. If Emma were with a woman I'd rather it be someone who was essentially a gender-swapped version of Hook.

Edited by october
  • Love 9

I can understand why people wouldn't want Regina to be with Emma, but I don't think in the same vein that people okay Hook's actions. "When I jab you with my sword you'll feel it," it is not a romantic gesture. Hook left Emma and her family and associates in an inescapable prison. He called her "dried up and useless."

Emma and Hook's meeting was finding him under a corpse and him lying about his identity. Hell, Hook was willing to leave everyone to day AGAIN in season 2 by sailing up and only by Regina/Emma's actions they saved the town. So, I don't see how Hook abuse of Emma could leave to romantic entanglement and not Regina. To me, Hook went from one obsession (trying to kill the DO and failed) to another one (pursuing Emma when she really didn't give off anything to express interest when she is trying to save her son).

If Regina was a man she would be already out of the show. She is a canon rapist, for God's sake. Not to mention a mass murderer and child abuser.

I'll doubt it since there is already a handsome male character that has murdered children, sold them to Peter Pan, and talked abou thow he used drinks as tactics to sleep with women.

• Love 1

I'll doubt it since there is already a handsome male character that has murdered children, sold them to Peter Pan, and talked about how he used drinks as tactics to sleep with women.

I think this is a case of fandom hyperbole, where if something is said enough times in the blogs, people start to actually believe it. (I'm assuming you're referring to Hook in this example.) However, you're reading into things that aren't canon and claiming them as facts. For something to be canon, it needs to be visually seen on screen for it to be true.

Have we seen Hook murder children on screen? No. What is the closest canon piece of evidence to support that? Is it the line where Hook talks about giving a lost boy "a worse fate" than what he gave Rufio? Well, that could mean a number of things. The audience was also lead to believe that what he did to young Ursula was a horrible, unforgivable act, and it ended up that Hook only stole her voice. For all we know, Hook could have forced Rufio to be his deckhand for a couple decades. Why jump to the conclusion that he murdered a child?

The drinking tactic you mentioned is also a case of the fandom jumping to the worst conclusion by reading in between the lines. All Hook says is, "If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re trying to get me drunk, which is usually my tactic." Again, that could mean any number of things. Hook is a pirate, so he could be referring to how he uses alcohol to force other sailors and villains to become too inebriated to properly fight him. Slide Blackbeard one too many shots and he can easily grab a trinket from his jacket. Yes, Hook could have also been referring to social drinking, but my guess is that some of the people who take issue with that line have never been heavily involved with the nightlife drinking scene or been to a rowdy college. When a guy or girl at the bar walks over to a group of people and offers them free shots, does that automatically make them a bad person? Because when any person offers another person an alcoholic drink, they're essentially saying, "Hey, let's get more drunk."

The only canon-verified act you mentioned was Hook selling a child to Pan—but we've only seen one case of that with Bae. And yes, that was supposed to be seen as a very bad act; it wasn't sugarcoated. However, knowing what we do about Pan and the Lost Boys, it was only a matter of time before Pan would have captured Bae anyways after he ditched the Jolly Roger, so Hook was basically just speeding up the inevitable process.

• Love 14

That a very speculative debate remains me of some argument made by swanfire people that if Neil was played by Colin people will ship them because they only ship them because Colin hotter than m.r.j. Always found that a strange point tomake.First, Isaw his fans drooling over m.r.j and all actors are good looking on this show. People ship whatever they ship for a personal, subjective reason something the

ship become popular something it doesn't

I am not sure the writer known the real factor at play. If they knew how to explain the apparent flop that is OQ or the success despite a real investment from the writer of Rumb . I read that people usually wait to see the pairing together before ship them to see the chemistry of the actors. So I guess it will depend which actor will have play this Reginald character and if he have some chemistry with JMO or vice versa if S.M was playing Emma will people ship Regina and his Emma more than OQ . There too much variable and too much difference with the actual canon story that we know. I cannot have a rational objective idea about this because my own interpretion of the real show mix with my some hypothetical wish.

• Love 1
(edited)

The only canon-verified act you mentioned was Hook selling a child to Pan—but we've only seen one case of that with Bae. And yes, that was supposed to be seen as a very bad act; it wasn't sugarcoated. However, knowing what we do about Pan and the Lost Boys, it was only a matter of time before Pan would have captured Bae anyways after he ditched the Jolly Roger, so Hook was basically just speeding up the inevitable process.

Curio, I agree with pretty much your whole post! Although I don't think we can just say "Oh, well, Pan would have gotten Bae anyway." Like you said, Hook giving Bae to Pan was meant to be seen as a very bad act. The audience was shown that scene in the same episode where Hook took the bean that was meant to save the town. But then Hook came back. He offered to take his ship back to Neverland, a place which he hates. For me, this was the turning point for Hook, where he started his path to redemption. He remembered how he failed Bae, and didn't want to do it again with Emma and Henry. When Hook finds out that Bae was Henry's father, you could see the regret in his eyes. If Hook hadn't done bad things in the past, he wouldn't be considered a villain, and wouldn't have a redemption arc. For me, that's what makes his character so interesting. I like seeing him struggling with his past, and trying not to repeat it.

Hook might not have been a stand-up guy in the past, but I don't think there's any proof that he is a rapist. Innuendo and bad flirting does not make someone a sexual predator. Sometimes I wonder if people are watching the same show as I am, because from what I've seen of Hook, even in the past, I see nothing in his character that would point to him being ok with forcing himself on someone. Yes, he pursued Emma, but he never made any unwanted sexual advances, as far as I can remember. Whenever Hook would try to have a serious conversation with her, you could see her connecting with him, but then her walls would come up and she would walk away. In Neverland, when Emma told Hook and Neal that if she had to choose, she would choose Henry, Hook backed off and later said that he would let Neal and Emma have a chance at being a family, "for the sake of the boy". I don't remember Emma ever telling him to leave her alone, and through time, she started to reciprocate his feelings. Isn't that pretty much how most relationships work? Someone has to make the first move. If people didn't flirt, and make their intentions known, and wait to see if the other person feels the same way as them, then there wouldn't be any couples in love.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 7

I can understand why people wouldn't want Regina to be with Emma, but I don't think in the same vein that people okay Hook's actions. "When I jab you with my sword you'll feel it," it is not a romantic gesture. Hook left Emma and her family and associates in an inescapable prison. He called her "dried up and useless."

I remember. But being a fan of Hook doesn't mean being a fan of everything he's done. He was a villain in S2 and none of his actions here from sword fighting Emma to shooting Belle were supposed to be seen as good or (ew) romantic. Many viewers feel that he has grown significantly as a person since then. The argument here is a bit more nuanced than 'if Character X has ever done bad things then they're not good enough for Princess Emma'. There's been plenty of talk about Hook's redemption arc vs Regina's in their respective character threads anyway, so I'll stop here.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not a CS shipper but "rapist Hook" always felt like a weak, biased rhetoric to me. I mean, seriously, there are two characters who are actual canon rapists and one character who took advantage of a teenage girl and left her to take the fall for him, and you're focusing on Hook? A character who has only killed one man on screen (a man who wasn't anywhere near innocent, mind you) and has alluded - without clarification - to a few other bad deeds? And you also ignore a man who KILLED a woman who had left him for somebody else just IN SPITE? It just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, probably some people who criticize Hook also blame Regina, Rumple, Neal and Zelena for everything they've done... But let's be honest, most of them just use it as an excuse.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 10

When ever people mention the line where Hook talks about getting drunk to get some seem to forget that Emma's also admitted to stuff like that. Are we suppose to call her a rapist as well? Him selling Bae, stealing Ursula's voice and taking Aurora's heart as well as killing someone are the worst things he's done on the show and three of them he's made up for it.

Put it this way, if Colin played Neal and not only had unprotected sex with underage minor and threw her under the bus you bet your ass I'd hate him and wish death on Neal. I don't care how pretty you are and I do find MJR handsome (except for his heel turn on True Blood. It was scary as hell.) Just look at how I despise this version of Robin and he's played by a gorgeous man with an accent but that terrible writing over powers the pretty.

• Love 11
(edited)
I think if Regina were male it's possible that he might have been in the running as a romantic interest for Emma, but I also believe this would've come with a big re-write of the character and their journey (maybe even to the extent that they'd feel like a different person entirely).
I don't think it's fair to say that if Regina were a man she'd be automatically Emma's LI. I think Regina would have been a very different character if she were a man.... I don't think they'd make Male!Regina rape Graham in the first place, for instance, that would have been too much (double standards galore). The feud with Snow White would have to be reworked too, otherwise it would look completely ridiculous (well, even more ridiculous than it already was), plus people would undoubtedly see some creepy sexual element to it as well. Etc, etc.

I think this is right on. On the one hand, if Regina was a male character and the actor had the kind of chemistry with JMo that JMo and LP have? You bet your ass the showrunners would be far more willing to consider Emma/Reginald a viable pairing than they've ever considered SQ to be. On the other, though, Reginald would be a completely different character from Regina, because the writers would have realized very early on that they couldn't (for example) have Reginald be raping female!Graham (who would probably have been a friend of Emma's) and then turn around and expect the audience to buy into Emma/Reginald. I suspect that Reginald's abuse of Henry in S1, too, would have been not as bad as it was in canon, and also that the Snow/Reginald backstory would have been written very differently (because any way you look at it, an adult man fixated on a 10-year-old girl is flat out creepy as fuck). There's no way Emma and Reginald would ever have punched each other in 1x08. Reginald couldn't have assaulted Emma in 2x16, or threatened to throw a fireball at her in 2x18. Etc. So I don't think the Reginald character would bear much of a resemblance to current-day Regina at all.

I mean, probably some people who criticize Hook also blame Regina, Rumple, Neal and Zelena for everything they've done

*raises hand* Here to represent that particular population. OUAT has yet to introduce a character (at least one unrelated to her) that I find worthy of and right for Emma.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

OUAT has yet to introduce a character (at least one unrelated to her) that I find worthy of and right for Emma.

Same here. Though by now somewhat got used to the though of Emma and Hook, but I've lowered my sights concerning the show.

Agreed, Reginald would be a bit of a different character. Though by now with this show I wouldn't be too sure, if they might have not even told the same story with a female!Graham, especially when I look at what has been said recently in interviews about Rumple. The difference might have been, that they would have gotten a much bigger outrage for such a story.

I for one have found it from the beginning rather creepy, how RumBelle has been shipped as happy OTP by a number of fans, to me it always has been a disastrous relationship which could only end with the death of one of them or both, but other people see or saw that differently, superimposing the fluffy Disney animated movie version (never liked the movie because in my opinion it trivialized and sugarcoated a very ambiguous story). RumBelle is to me pretty much as preposterous as Regina and Emma are, or Regina and Emmet / Reginal and Emma would be. The only reason that OutlawQueen is not in the same category for me is, that I find that relationship and romance blunt.

Seeing that RumBelle is canon on the show, to me it looks quite likely, that if we had a different constellation with these two lead characters, with either Regina or Emma as a man, there would be at least some romantic tensions written into the show if they were not even made possible happy ending for each other. It's how it is expected to happen on a lot of shows, the male and female leads are shipped, people swear there is great chemistry between them, see plenty of tension if it written into it or not, and many want them to get to together, eventually they do. Given, seldom we have such ethically questionable pairings as we would have here.

Think, that is part of the problem, that some people have the impression, that these two are the leads, and should get together simply because of that. Don't get me wrong, I don't like them as pairing, I certainly don't ship them, but the show has a questionable tendency with romances - SwanQueen just fits too well into that.

And while Mulan and Aurora would be nice, they are not main cast, not leads, they just don't attract that much attention.

I am sure we would have some shipping wars either way and a few people misbehaving,  in the case of Emma being Emmet or Regina Reginald though maybe a slightly less poisonous war because of lack of social and political extra fire, regardless if certain claims are rightfully made or not.

I just can't see any romantic "chemistry" between Emma and Regina, no matter how much I squint and tilt my head. Enemies chemistry, maybe, during the phase when Emma was chainsawing Regina's apple tree, but I get zero sense of connection even in their supposed friendship scenes. They may as well be acting separately and green-screened together. But then I've never been able to see romantic chemistry in pairings that mostly involve hostility and snark. I guess there are people who find toxic relationships hot, and unfortunately that seems to be a significant chunk of TV relationships, which is why I'm generally an anti-shipper.

• Love 4

Yeah I saw more romantic chemistry between Emma and Elsa and that's mostly on Elsa's part.

The Rumbelle ship is the only thing that could make me see the show doing Emmit/Regina or Reginald/Emma but the question is would their be a Swan King or Male/ Swan Queen shippers? Would people find it squicky that Snow White's step dad is sleeping with Snow Whites daughter? Or would they find it hot that Snow Whites son is sleeping with his step grandmother?

This conversation keeps getting weirder and weirder. Ha!

• Love 1

The thing is, it doesn't really MATTER what may have happened if either Emma or Regina were a man, because that's not how the creators created the show. It's like saying, "If things were different, they'd be different." Well, yeah, but they're not. So it's all hypothetical and unknowable anyway.

• Love 2

The thing is, it doesn't really MATTER what may have happened if either Emma or Regina were a man, because that's not how the creators created the show.

Until the Season 6 season finale gender swap episode.  Henrietta will need to save Emmanuel and Reginald, and help them to remember before Ribena and Zeke tie the knot.

• Love 2

Yeah I saw more romantic chemistry between Emma and Elsa and that's mostly on Elsa's part.

SING IT! I was all for an Emma/Elsa power couple! JMo and GH had great chemistry and the characters worked together really, really well.

The thing is, it doesn't really MATTER what may have happened if either Emma or Regina were a man, because that's not how the creators created the show. It's like saying, "If things were different, they'd be different." Well, yeah, but they're not. So it's all hypothetical and unknowable anyway.

Yeah, but this doesn't stop this board from generating "what ifs" and thinking through alternate routes for the show 24/7. :) If we were restricted to just canon, like 75% of our conversations would vanish!

Yeah, but this doesn't stop this board from generating "what ifs" and thinking through alternate routes for the show 24/7. :) If we were restricted to just canon, like 75% of our conversations would vanish!

At least we generally start from the basis of the show as it is now.

• Love 1

We have veered way off topic here.  This thread is for discussion of fandom, not what ifs, not relationships.   Please move the discussion elsewhere more appropriate - Social Issues, Relationships, or All Seasons, etc.

I may move some posts in the morning, but for now I'm just leaving this reminder.

Lana is being problematic again. Not only did she retweet this pro SQ article saying that Regina will/should be the real hero of Season 5, she retweeted it from one of the most notorious and rude BA SQers on Twitter.

I guess we know what her next demand of the producers will be. Given that they always seem to cave to her demands, expect to see Regina front and center in saving Emma next season. Hook and Snowing who?

Sigh... you just know A&E is going to eat this up.  This is the problem where they will write something to satisfy these vocal fans.  Hook at least will hopefully still get the little tidbits with good quality scenes.  A&E will probably write Snow and Charming on some newly created side plot, maybe a plumbing problem at the loft.

• Love 5

IF Regina or Emma were a man I do believe the show would most definably make Regina and Emma cannon.  They are pure gold (no pun intended) and they make for pure fairytale storyline much better then either Hook or Robin Hood do.  The only reason Hook or Robin were chose as possible love interests for Regina or Emma was because none of them have well established fairy tale love interests   

there is already a handsome male character that has murdered children, sold them to Peter Pan, and talked abou thow he used drinks as tactics to sleep with women.

Taking my replies to the Social Issues thread.

• Love 1

Sigh... you just know A&E is going to eat this up.  This is the problem where they will write something to satisfy these vocal fans.  Hook at least will hopefully still get the little tidbits with good quality scenes.  A&E will probably write Snow and Charming on some newly created side plot, maybe a plumbing problem at the loft.

What evil thing can Snowing have done in flashback now? Maybe they also sent children into the witch's house to be eaten….

• Love 1

Lana is being problematic again. Not only did she retweet this pro SQ article saying that Regina will/should be the real hero of Season 5, she retweeted it from one of the most notorious and rude BA SQers on Twitter.

I guess we know what her next demand of the producers will be. Given that they always seem to cave to her demands, expect to see Regina front and center in saving Emma next season. Hook and Snowing who?

I try to stay as far as possible from anything Lana says or does. She has been problematic since day 1 (all the thing she said about Regina's relationship with Graham were trully disgusting). In the case of that article, I'm pretty sure she has retweted it because it's highly flattering with Regina, and she loves Regina. Not just playing her, but her as a person. Lana is the ultimate Evil Regal.

Oh, and I don't think she is going to pressure the producers to have a big role in season 5 because she doesn't need to do so. Regina is A&E favourite character, and I'm pretty sure she is going to be a central part of "Saving Emma", with a bigger role than Snow and Charming (they would be left behind taking care of Neal) and probably even than Hook.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh the SQuers are pissed at either Jen or Lana (probably Jen) for something.

ETA: Never mind, they ARE blaming Jennifer for some photo she's not apart of

Edited by mjgchick
(edited)

It seems that in the Paris con next month doesn't has a Lana/Jen photo-op, but it has a Jen/Colin one, and Jen is not going to be in the group photo, so the SQ shippers are sending hate to Jennifer.

Edited by RadioGirl27
(edited)

What? What photo is this?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Captain Swan shipper so for those of you who aren't, is this common for all BAs in this fandom regardless of the ship or are the SQers/Evil Regals truly their own special snowflakes?

ETA: Everyone, say it with me: "It's canon." Or, you know, Jen and Lana may be busy people with different schedules.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 3

I should know better to come here to relax, this tread is bad for my blood pressure!

No, Regina should not be the hero again after a season where she was front and center and have saviour blood.

It should be the turn to somebody else to shine . I don't know her immediate family or her boyfriend.

it is normal that Colin and Jen promote the canon relationship at convention what will be anormal is to focus on a fanon couple and marginalized the canon story.

I checked the Twitter, apparently they're calling homophobic the convention handlers who are actually gay?

I have to say the Twitter account should be ignoring them, though. That's what I'd do if I was handling a "professional" Twitter account. Not acknowledge it at all.

Is it the type of thing they could report?  Maybe it's time for some of the people who are being abusive to end up in Twitter purgatory for a while?

I doubt that. Twitter takes its sweet time to delete accounts made specifically to tweet to actresses that they're fat, so "you're homophobic" is mild by comparison. Even though it's just as upsetting to her, especially for a gay person.

Wow! The nutjobs are out in full force! They keep tagging Jen in their insulting and disgusting tweets. I hope their bullying doesn't change the photoop schedule. I'm tired of twitter bullies getting what they want.

• Love 2

It seems that in the Paris con next month doesn't has a Lana/Jen photo-op, but it has a Jen/Colin one, and Jen is not going to be in the group photo, so the SQ shippers are sending hate to Jennifer.

I...what...even...bzuh?

How much agency to these people think the actors HAVE in their publicity?? How do they think these events are hosted and scheduled??? This is not a thing! This should not be a thing!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a Captain Swan shipper so for those of you who aren't, is this common for all BAs in this fandom regardless of the ship or are the SQers/Evil Regals truly their own special snowflakes?

Oh, Captain Swan's got its own bad apples, I'm sure, but I've only noticed them when they cross over to Coliffer shipping (see the Coffee Incident and JMo's Saviour-level classiness in standing up for Mrs. O'Donoghue.) I guess we never needed to protest that Emma and Killian don't get enough screen time or whatever together, because I actually didn't ship them until the Neverland Snog 2013. Before then, I was all for Hook being the Storybrooke bike.

It's probably the bad apple Evil Regal influence that does it, sadly. As most other OUATers point out, the Sleeping Warrior shippers are and have been generally gracious...probably because most Sleeping Warriors who are also Social Justice Warriors (not an OUAT ship...yet... hmm, Archie Katherine Mulan?) at least instinctively know the difference between heteronormativity and homophobia.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hope JMo's Internet connection isn't very good in Bulgaria so she doesn't see all the hate & demands.

I'm just afraid the bullying squeaky wheels will get their photo op after haranguing everybody into appeasing them. I cannot STAND when bullies are coddled and placated -- it signals that bullying works, and that's exactly the message nobody should be sending.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2