Type keyword(s) to search

S3 E1: Welcome to Love is Blind

Empress1
  • Start Topic

I'm on episode 2. I'm not feeling any of these people right now. This may be a repeat of Season 2, where even if some of these people get together they won't still be together a year from now.

The gold goblets are back.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Applause 1

I legit forgot this was coming on.

Yeah, at the end of Ep 1 and I am not impressed with any of these people.

I guess I like Brennon the most out of the guys and Alexa the best out the women.  Good thing they are a couple.

But as for the rest ... oof.  No.

Bartisse - needs to rethink his hair.  He is giving me Labradoodle energy.

SK - seems dull.

Cole -Barnett 2.0 only worse.  Very much a bro.

Andrew - This dude talks in J. Peterman catalog blurbs.  And his description of how he does sex... I rolled my eyes.  Trying waay too hard there.  Yeah, we know you went to Africa, you stared eye to eye with a Lion.  I fee the potential of another Shake with this guy.  He does have a really nice voice though. 

As for the women, the only one that really stands out is Raven.  And that is only because she physically looks different from the other ones who got the most of the pod time.

The rest area all brunettes who have the exact same voice register and look a lot alike.  After Alexa who seems like she is taller and is yeah, a big girl, Colleen stands out of this pack the most mainly because she got a LOT of face time and oh, did you know she was a ballerina?  Who is limber?  And bendy? And a ballerina?  I was so happy when Brennon was like "yeah... don't settle in, I like someone else."  LOL.  Half the reason why I kinda like him.

But overall they feel like they are more eager to make it to Mexico than they are to actually marry someone. I am sensing messy drama but no one to really root for.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

At the beginning, when Cole and Colleen had their first talk and talked about how they spelled their names, and Colleen said "so not like Coal," I thought she was kind of dumb.

But then we got all the talking heads from Cole and I realized that Coal is probably a better descriptor. 

Brennon kind of reminds me of the guy from Restored.

The women seemed pretty obvious with their attempt to make sure the men knew they were attractive.  "I do pilates full time and bottle service: is code for "I work out a lot and many men find me hot."  Collen told people she was a ballet dancer before she gave them her name. 

Does Andrew think talking about transcendental sex is hot?  All I could think of is Sting and that it was surprisingly TMI for a first date.

• Love 8
(edited)
43 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Bartisse - needs to rethink his hair.

Why did he not get a shape-up before coming on the show?!

When the Pilates instructor said she “did things in the service industry that could be an issue for men” all cagey, I was like “is she a sex worker?” The bottle service thing isn’t a big deal - she flirts to sell booze. Everybody in sales turns on the charm to sell.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

When the Pilates instructor said she “did things in the service industry that could be an issue for men” all cagey, I was like “is she a sex worker?” The bottle service thing isn’t a big deal - she flirts to sell booze. Everybody in sales turns on the charm to sell.

LOL.  I was like... whut... is she going to admit to being a sex worker? 

And when she very slowly admitted that she bar-tended on the side  and she was all curled in the corner when she said it, i was so confused. That's it?  Not even a little toe sucking?

dear-white.gif

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

I forgot about that too.  I thought we were going to hear something that might actually give some men pause like sex work.  I guessed stripper too. 

The way she was hiding makes me wonder if there's more to her side gig than she let on.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Colleen stands out of this pack the most mainly because she got a LOT of face time and oh, did you know she was a ballerina?  Who is limber?  And bendy? And a ballerina? 

And then she complained later on about how men only came up to her because she was cute and a ballerina.

First of all, you're not that cute and second of all, if that's what you lead with of course that's what men are going to respond to.  When Cole (of all people) tried to get deeper, you said you were not sure you could do that.🙄

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Colleen is very immature and it’s coming through to everyone she talks to. She’s not looking for the right guy, she’s just looking for any guy who will like her. 

Daniel was talking about sex in such a clinical, boring way that was not sexy at all!

I agree there has to be more to what’s going on with Pilate’s girl (I can’t keep everyone’s name straight yet) night job than just bartending and pouring wine. That was WAY too coy to be that simple. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I agree there has to be more to what’s going on with Pilate’s girl (I can’t keep everyone’s name straight yet) night job than just bartending and pouring wine. That was WAY too coy to be that simple. 

OnlyFans?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Let the hate watching begin. Already I sense this is the absolute cringiest group yet. And of course a show called Love is Blind has only incredibly attractive people on it, and look how progressive they even included a non thin incredibly attractive person. Good for Alexa though for being like F this, I like food. Same girl, same. 

Worst of the guys by far - Andrew and Cole. I can bet these 2 are definitely going to be matched but I really wish they would just cut them loose, they are going to make some poor girl miserable. That sex conversation from Andrew was so cringy.....I would have backed out of that room immediately. 

Poor Nancy seems to be trying way too hard. 

None of these people seem to even be trying to ACT like they are on this show for its actual purpose. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
On 10/21/2022 at 7:22 PM, nomodrama said:

And of course a show called Love is Blind has only incredibly attractive people on it,

Interestingly enough, that's not at all my first impression. I actually thought they did a shoddy job with the attractiveness level this year.  I mean, it is a TV show and not real life. If I want to see some unattractive people, I want to see TV unattractive, not unattractive, unattractive. 

To be completely fair, if you are going to pick the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, the parameters are likely "I'd never get tired of looking at, or listening to this person", so love clearly isn't blind.

My absolute favorite thing about this show is watching which men are good in the cubes. It is always the Cole guys. They have a confidence already in their conversations that has come from their appearance. They somehow flirt without their appearance helping, and they always get like 3 or 4 women immediately saying "Cole is my favorite."

It's so interesting.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Interestingly enough, that's not at all my first impression. I actually thought they did a shoddy job with the attractiveness level this year.  I mean, it is a TV show and not real life. If I want to see some unattractive people, I want to see TV unattractive, not unattractive, unattractive. 

I disagree with the person saying they are incredibly attractive but this whole premise is pointless if it's just a bunch of people from standard reality casting 101. While having attractive people for sure, married at first is at least better with not everyone look like dolled up models. There is a series I watch on youtube called the button. They don't always use blindfolds and they let the people see each other before they made they made their final choice but I find the different types of people they have on the show interesting.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/22/2022 at 9:21 PM, Racj82 said:

I disagree with the person saying they are incredibly attractive but this whole premise is pointless if it's just a bunch of people from standard reality casting 101. While having attractive people for sure, married at first is at least better with not everyone look like dolled up models

I don't think we are going to get away from that  because there is a heaping helping of self selection happening here.

I always believe that the people in their 20s and 30s who probably feel they are attractive or good looking are going to be the people we always see.  People are not going to answer a casting call to go on a dating show if they don't feel like they are going to be positively received by the potential love interest.  It is one thing to be rejected in a dimly lit bar, it is another to be rejected on Netflix with a viewership in the billions. And it is yet another thing to be discussed on SM where every little thing about your appearance is going to be dissected. 

Also Netlfix is making tv.  They are trying to cast a wide net wrt to race, ethnicity, religion, size but they still understand that reality tv is hyper reality and it is still tv.

I remember wondering why the everyone was so dolled up when they go on these dates.  The men are wearing nice suits the women are in log dresses or cocktail dresses and made up.  There is a scene in S2.E1 where Natalie is putting on make up and freaking out about covering up a blemish.  And then she stops and realizes the guy can't see her anyway.  I figure all the being dolled up is 1 part - giving the person self confidence and the allusion of really being on a date and 2-parts understanding they are on tv and even if the date can't see them, all of the viewing public can.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I don't think we are going to get away from that  because there is a heaping helping of self selection happening here.

I always believe that the people in their 20s and 30s who probably feel they are attractive or good looking are going to be the people we always see.  People are not going to answer a casting call to go on a dating show if they don't feel like they are going to be positively received by the potential love interest.  It is one thing to be rejected in a dimly lit bar, it is another to be rejected on Netflix with a viewership in the billions. And it is yet another thing to be discussed on SM where every little thing about your appearance is going to be dissected. 

Also Netlfix is making tv.  They are trying to cast a wide net wrt to race, ethnicity, religion, size but they still understand that reality tv is hyper reality and it is still tv.

I remember wondering why the everyone was so dolled up when they go on these dates.  The men are wearing nice suits the women are in log dresses or cocktail dresses and made up.  There is a scene in S2.E1 where Natalie is putting on make up and freaking out about covering up a blemish.  And then she stops and realizes the guy can't see her anyway.  I figure all the being dolled up is 1 part - giving the person self confidence and the allusion of really being on a date and 2-parts understanding they are on tv and even if the date can't see them, all of the viewing public can.

I get all that but all these tv ready people just sort of blend together after while. These studios also scout these people so it's not just about who is deciding to sign up. It just get boring to me after awhile. I've turned off a bunch of dating shows in recent years because I got tired of the look of them. So many of them are also vapid or lacking in personality. I'm still enjoying this show but if any show felt like it was going to break the mode in terms of casting, I thought it might be this one. It's really not. Even when they try to remove looks from the equation on shows, the people they hire make that a non issue.

• Like 1

If there was a male manic pixie dream girl it would be Cole. The reason so many girls love him is his adhd and constant lack of sobriety and any consistency in what he is looking for. His goal in life is to have sex with as many “babes” as possible while also praying a lot to god. And he wants to pop out many “hot babies” (wtf is a hot baby! They look like wrinkly alien potatoes in a diaper covered in snot and drool) while also wanting to travel the world. He has no idea what he actually wants other to say what he has to in order to get laid while being drunk for as much of the day as possible. 

I feel bad for pick-me girl Colleen. She thinks she has no value other than her body so starts every conversation with ballet thinking men will be into it. Except in real life she does ballet and has a job in pr. She may even have an actual personality if she would grow up from sorority girl desperate to snag a husband. Of course she is shallow. Her entire personality is get a ring on her finger. She’s sadly one of the millions of women out there who daydream about the perfect wedding without ever considering the life afterwards. 

Raven is hilarious to me. She’s like a caricature of a real person. It could not be more obvious she is on there solely to market her pilates business. And her “confession” of bartending? Nobody buys that is her real side hustle. So many red flags. 

But not as many red flags as Andrew. That guy is seriously terrifying American Psycho style.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, oldCJ said:

I feel bad for pick-me girl Colleen. She thinks she has no value other than her body so starts every conversation with ballet thinking men will be into it. Except in real life she does ballet and has a job in pr. She may even have an actual personality if she would grow up from sorority girl desperate to snag a husband. Of course she is shallow. Her entire personality is get a ring on her finger. She’s sadly one of the millions of women out there who daydream about the perfect wedding without ever considering the life afterwards. 

She was driving me a little crazy. I don't think Cole is the deepest dude there but when she shut him down when he tried to ask probing questions, I kept yelling at the screen, "This is why you aren't married!"

She only likes the guys who like dating the cute ballerina. That's a problem.

I am not quite as engaged this year. I feel like it will be a messier show, but probably not much for long relationships. It may still be fun to watch...

• Love 1

Heres my shallow post. The pilates instructor has wayyyy too much filler , and you can tell she loves herself way too much !!

so the ballerina, i was shocked and pleased to see she wasnt a skinny stick figure , i have honestly not seen too many ballerinas who are not painfully thin.

i love Alexa!!! In rooting for her !!!!! 
Nancy ugh she is annoying. Oh my god giving all those eggs. And her telling everyone she wants 10 kids? She needs to take a chill pill !!

Edited by nlkm9
Omission
  • Like 2
On 11/4/2022 at 2:17 PM, pH-factor said:

Have we seen  Colleen's feet? That's how you know a real ballerina.  They have really messed up feet. 

She doesn't strike me as a "professional ballerina!"

I'm sure she's not lying but...dang