Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

It wasn’t bad, it just felt a bit like a filler episode while we’re waiting for it all to kick off. I suppose the story is progressing but it’s just too slow for me.

I’m hoping Maggie’s comment at the end signifies that things will start to pick up rapidly.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It wasn’t bad, it just felt a bit like a filler episode while we’re waiting for it all to kick off. I suppose the story is progressing but it’s just too slow for me.

I’m hoping Maggie’s comment at the end signifies that things will start to pick up rapidly.

I liked this episode very much and my opinion differs from you.  I really don't think it was a filler,  important stuff appended tonight and i can't wait to see what will come out of it (You are not used about me being the positive one here hey?😂).  

It is following the comic books story line (Last week also) i am really enjoing this for now!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
15 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Felt like filler to me, too. I also hope things pick up, but we certainly already know who won't get killed off at all.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, heisenberg said:

You are not used about me being the positive one here hey?😂).  

Well you had to buckle eventually 😁

The story did progress but I just feel that by this point, bearing in mind how close to the end we are, every episode should should be like watching a good mid season finale. The trailer for next week at least gives me some hope that that’ll be the case 🙏

• Like 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Well you had to buckle eventually 😁

The story did progress but I just feel that by this point, bearing in mind how close to the end we are, every episode should should be like watching a good mid season finale. The trailer for next week at least gives me some hope that that’ll be the case 🙏

The special thing about TWD at the beginning up to the middle was that anyone could disappear in a snap.  We are at the end and like MS LARK wrote we know who are the untouchables...  That ruins a lot of the suspense and the vibe.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I am wondering about The Warden, if there is some hugely surprising reveal ahead and who it could be that WOULD be a surprise.  

Was that kid walker someone Maggie knew or is it just that it seemed to be a kid.  It has been many seasons since anyone on TWD acted at all sentimental about a Walker.

That speech on the bus, it reminded me of Ben Hur, "we keep you alive to serve this ship, row well and live." And then after with Negan and Ezekiel, I was getting a Shawshank Redemption vibe, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.  With the train and the convenient cargo that Daryl spots and quickly took advantage of, it seemed very Steve McQueen and The Great Escape.  Lots of little movie vignettes kept coming to mind.

I wonder if giving Negan a wife and having her be pregnant, is it supposed to make the audience like him more.  I don't hate him as much as I might otherwise but that's mostly because I like the actor (Dad from Supernatural) but also because I refused to watch most of the episodes involving the Saviors so I just know second or third hand about everything he did.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dodginblue said:

Was that kid walker someone Maggie knew or is it just that it seemed to be a kid.  It has been many seasons since anyone on TWD acted at all sentimental about a Walker.

From my point of view they even care less about children than walkers.🙂

That speech on the bus, it reminded me of Ben Hur, "we keep you alive to serve this ship, row well and live." And then after with Negan and Ezekiel, I was getting a Shawshank Redemption vibe, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.  With the train and the convenient cargo that Daryl spots and quickly took advantage of, it seemed very Steve McQueen and The Great Escape.  Lots of little movie vignettes kept coming to mind.

I had the same feeling watching it but not with the same references,  it seems they took lots of scenes from other shows to make theirs.  I am too lazy to go back to see what references I was thinking about.  Maybe later.

I wonder if giving Negan a wife and having her be pregnant, is it supposed to make the audience like him more.  I don't hate him as much as I might otherwise but that's mostly because I like the actor (Dad from Supernatural) but also because I refused to watch most of the episodes involving the Saviors so I just know second or third hand about everything he did. 

I did erased from my memories a lot of Negan stuff to keek my sanity while watching the rest of the story. 
Who know, if his wife dies he might even have naughty sex with Maggie in the future...😬

12 hours ago, Dodginblue said:

I think it was just some kid which I didn't see the point of Maggie acting like Oh I can't kill a dead kid.   He's dead.  He's a walker.   I think Negan's wife is going to die.   She's a big red flag of making Negan more sympathetic as he talks about her being pregnant ALL the time.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Maggie doesn't know if Herschel is dead or alive. She's overwhelmed with guilt because she couldn't stop the guards from pulling him away from her. The child walker is about her son's age, so there's a lot of transference going on. When she finally has to kill him, she cradles him in her arms and whispers "It's all right" as if she were calming Herschel. I found the whole scene very affecting, and Lauren Cohen hit it out of the park as far as her acting went. Honestly, her acting has been great this whole season.

I really liked this episode; I'd say it's my favorite of the S11 so far. The writing was spot on; we got to see our guys acting in character and being more like our guys than they've been allowed to be in a while. I love seeing the main group being back together again and moving with a purpose. It has a Terminus energy to it.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, maystone said:

I really liked this episode; I'd say it's my favorite of the S11 so far. The writing was spot on; we got to see our guys acting in character and being more like our guys than they've been allowed to be in a while. I love seeing the main group being back together again and moving with a purpose. It has a Terminus energy to it.

Yes,  even father peepants was spot on.🙂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I thought it was a decent episode, more action than recent and less yapping. Good suspense on the train heist. But I don't know where they're going with only 3 episodes left, I think there's going to be a rushed finale, especially knowing who's going to be in the spinoffs. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, Starchild said:

The credits mentioned Yvette Nicole Brown but I don't remember seeing her. Was she the voice on the radio talking to Rosita?

Yes, they confirmed on TD that the radio voice was Yvette.

• Like 3

This episode was pretty good but the whole train thing is really really bothering me.  Not only "how is it even running?" but "where did those brand new, just off the assembly line, vehicles come from?"  And, how has nobody heard or seen a running train before now?

Also, Rosita got the f-word in last night.  I know they were supposed to throw one or two in previously but I don't remember hearing them.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, KeithJ said:

but "where did those brand new, just off the assembly line, vehicles come from?" 

I know this show is ridiculous, but this also bothers me. I can accept one, but there was an entire fleet of shiny new jeeps. Is there an automotive factory in the Commonwealth? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well at least we got out of the Commonwealth, that's something. I'm so sick of endless scenes with Pamela and Hornsby and Mercer and Eugene etc. It felt a tad more old-school TWD, although gun fights aren't exactly what I signed up for either. But then that ship sailed a long time ago. I've lost track of where a lot of the characters are at this point - where is Aaron? Jerry? Princess? Are we to assume they were just on another bus?

The closer we get to the end the less likely it seems like they can wrap this up in any kind of satisfactory way. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe it will all end with some huge cliffhanger in an effort to get the remaining audience to watch the spin-offs and movies.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 10/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, maystone said:

Maggie doesn't know if Herschel is dead or alive. She's overwhelmed with guilt because she couldn't stop the guards from pulling him away from her. The child walker is about her son's age, so there's a lot of transference going on. When she finally has to kill him, she cradles him in her arms and whispers "It's all right" as if she were calming Herschel. I found the whole scene very affecting, and Lauren Cohen hit it out of the park as far as her acting went. Honestly, her acting has been great this whole season.

Agreed. Without any dialogue we saw the fear and torment when she first saw the child walker and her decision not to kill it. Then when she had no choice the pain in her eyes as she held him while putting him down. She didn't need words to convey how much the ZA has taken from her and how her natural maternal instinct has been completely altered in order to survive. 

• Love 2
On 10/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, maystone said:

I love seeing the main group being back together again and moving with a purpose. It has a Terminus energy to it.

That's exactly what I thought about Maggie's final words at the end.  Reminds me of Rick's final words in the S4 finale when they're all locked in the box car at Terminus

On 10/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, SharonH58 said:

I think Negan's wife is going to die.   She's a big red flag of making Negan more sympathetic as he talks about her being pregnant ALL the time.

I don't think she'll make it either - especially since they've practically spoiled the fact of who's going to survive based upon previews for Dead City.  My theory is that she'll be killed/executed in a manner to which Negan will be forced to watch as some sort of punishment -  harkening back to how he killed Glen while making Maggie watch.  

Edited by ctlady
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ctlady said:

I don't think she'll make it either - especially since they've practically spoiled the fact of who's going to survive based upon previews for Dead City.  My theory is that she'll be killed/executed in a manner to which Negan will be forced to watch as some sort of punishment -  harkening back to how he killed Glen while making Maggie watch.  

That's what would happen if this show had any bite left to it - pun only half intended. But based on the last few seasons, I think we're going to get a vague, happy ending, leaving everything for the spin-offs.  

I hope that, after McBride's hiatus, Carol returns to one of the shows. I don't know how it happened but she has become my favourite character. I prefer her with Daryl, but I'll watch her without him. As long as she doesn't go all emo again.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, ctlady said:

I don't think [Negan’s wife will] make it either - especially since they've practically spoiled the fact of who's going to survive based upon previews for Dead City.  My theory is that she'll be killed/executed in a manner to which Negan will be forced to watch as some sort of punishment -  harkening back to how he killed Glen while making Maggie watch.  

Is there any way TPTB could successfully push a Negan redemption arc to viewers without some sort of grief-equalization factor such as this coming into play?

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Superclam said:

That's what would happen if this show had any bite left to it - pun only half intended. But based on the last few seasons, I think we're going to get a vague, happy ending, leaving everything for the spin-offs.  

The main show is ending, but when you factor in all the spinoffs, it's more like it's expanding.  

8 hours ago, Nashville said:

Is there any way TPTB could successfully push a Negan redemption arc to viewers without some sort of grief-equalization factor such as this coming into play?

Let's face it, if you haven't accepted Negan's change of heart by now, you're never going to.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Maybe "splitting" is more accurate. Either way, it's not really over. 

This is the storyline where the comic book ended though (I think I can say that here), so it is a good place to end the series.  Even if the Walking Dead universe goes on.