Type keyword(s) to search

Queen Charlotte In The Media

• Start Topic

I haven't watched Bridgerton, but the youtube algorithm showed me this trailer. Julia Quinn is not my favorite romance novelist but when she's good, she's good. This dialogue is like fanfic. Bad fanfic. Who wrote this???

3 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I haven't watched Bridgerton, but the youtube algorithm showed me this trailer. Julia Quinn is not my favorite romance novelist but when she's good, she's good. This dialogue is like fanfic. Bad fanfic. Who wrote this???

This isn't based on any books.  It's a mix of QC in the books and history.

I don't think we know who the writers are.  Shonda is credited, though.  I'm guessing she wrote the pilot at least.

• Like 1

some Deets.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a41402503/queen-charlotte-bridgerton-release-date-cast-plot/

First off, there will be three familiar faces guiding us through this new tale, with Golda Rosheuvel (Queen Charlotte), Adjoa Andoh (Lady Agatha Danbury) and Ruth Gemmell (Lady Violet Bridgerton) all reprising their roles from the main series.

However, there will be young stars taking their place in the main story, with their participation largely in voiceover or flash-forwards into the world we know now.

Line of Duty actress India Amarteifio takes the lead as the young Queen Charlotte, with newcomer Arsema Thomas playing the young Agatha Danbury.

Connie Jenkins-Greig will also be stepping into the role of the young Lady Violet, who is described, as reported by Deadline, as "a kind and inquisitive teenager who has not yet entered the marriage mart... or famously become a Bridgerton." Of course, to become a Bridgerton, she needs to marry Edmund, Viscount Bridgerton, but there is no news on whether his character has been cast or will even appear in the prequel series.

The official synopsis to the story reads: "Centred on Queen Charlotte's rise to prominence and power, this Bridgerton-verse prequel tells the story of how the young Queen's marriage to King George sparked both a great love story and a societal shift, creating the world of the Ton inherited by the characters in Bridgerton."

First episode listed on imdb: Queen to be

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm still not sure what kind of story there will be to sustain 8 episodes but the chemistry does seem to be on point. 

I assume meeting, early marriage, George’s mental health, Charlotte making allies at court, their actual falling in love with all that going on, court politics?

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I'm still not sure what kind of story there will be to sustain 8 episodes but the chemistry does seem to be on point. 

And they had 15 kids so they can probably squeeze a few episodes out of them since two died young.

• Like 3
On 3/25/2023 at 7:18 PM, Harvey said:

llge23o5bipa1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

It's the guy on the left I think.

He looks like her father rather than her husband. But perhaps Lady Danbury married a man who was much older than her? Which wouldn’t be unheard of during that time.

I’m very interested to see what they do with this show. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Enero said:

He looks like her father rather than her husband. But perhaps Lady Danbury married a man who was much older than her? Which wouldn’t be unheard of during that time.

I’m very interested to see what they do with this show. 

Yes, she canonically had a much older husband. That's why she is out there living it up as a widow I'm the other show. 

• Like 5
On 4/2/2023 at 9:10 AM, Door County Cherry said:

The bigamy trial of the Duchess Countess, Elizabeth Chudleigh, in the House of Lords!  Queen Charlotte attended the trial.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2023 at 11:33 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Possible season 2?

Shonda Rhimes On ‘Queen Charlotte’ Season 2 Possibility: “I’m Not Ruling Anything Out”

If there isn’t a lot more to tell about Charlotte and George, I’d love to see a season devoted to Lady Danbury and/or Brimsley and Reynolds.

Regarding a future Lady D limited series featuring the actor from this prequel:

...Arsema Thomas as a young Agatha....Thomas says she’s “obsessed” with her character and would be open to reprising the role if another season would be made. “I never thought I could love like this until I had my own child. I feel like I gave birth, and Shonda Rhimes is her daddy. I am the mommy. It would be amazing to inhabit that space again,” Thomas said. “But also where we’ve left her off now, she’s a good space. If that’s the last time I get to be her, she’s empowered and she’s ready to walk on her own two feet. But if I do get a call for doing it again, I will take it.”

(deadline.com/2023/05/shonda-rhimes-queen-charlotte-season-2-bridgerton-netflix-1235358494)

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 3