Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Bank Heist

jenrising
  • Start Topic

Ack.  The too many talking heads are back.

I was happy(ish) that Dom left.  He and Greg seemed to play up to the cameras the most.  Avari too but she isn't as annoying as I find the other two.

But then they almost brought him back.  I'm glad they decided not to. 

Joi's big bet of $25,000 made me not suspicious of her because I doubt the producers would have the mole put that big of a target on their back.  But then they gave them the option to bring Dom back and she was for it, which would be a waste of her exemption.  So I can't see why she'd be for it.

• Like 1

I'm so glad Dom was not welcomed back. I was tired of his BS playing with integrity. If he wants to play a straight laced game, he can go to American Ninja Warrior or Wipeout or something. Doubly happy that it cuts off his bro-down with William, who can leave anytime now as far as I am concerned.

Edited by argrow
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Of course Joi was the idiot to bet almost their entire pot. Even if she IS the Mole, that's such a stupid move because it'll make people want to get her out and not work with her or trust her. When you're the Mole, you WANT people to somewhat trust you, to an extent. If she's not the Mole, she just allowed the Mole to probably skate by and the Mole might want Joi in the finals so that the others can get her over them and the Mole can win.

I just can't handle moves like that. I really think Joi is fine, just incredibly not good at this game.

Dom was pissing me off, even from the start, so I'm glad he's gone. He was so obviously not the Mole so I'm glad he goes so others can finally be suspected and get more air time. I mean, we spent a full two minutes on the group "mourning" Dom as he was eliminated. He wasn't ALL that.

Thank god he didn't actually come back, but again, it's risking money they really need. But Sandy's reasoning was sound. I do think the Mole wouldn't necessarily care about bringing Dom back as a competitor, as the Mole is safe, but it's a good way to sabotage the pot and the risk that Dom figures it out.

I stand by my first three guesses: Jacob (in first place), Kesi, and then Pranav. Jacob has gotten enough content for people to know who he is, but not too much where he's doing shady stuff. Sandy and Casey are still possibilities for me. Will, Joi, and I will now add Greg (who is also getting too much content and too much suspicion for me) to the Less Likely to be the Mole list. 

The heist stuff seemed fun. If Kesi is the Mole, I think she did a decent job at sabotaging (the clues for her specific part were hard to catch), but it also made it hard for her NOT to be suspicious from that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Of course Joi was the idiot to bet almost their entire pot. Even if she IS the Mole, that's such a stupid move because it'll make people want to get her out and not work with her or trust her. When you're the Mole, you WANT people to somewhat trust you, to an extent. If she's not the Mole, she just allowed the Mole to probably skate by and the Mole might want Joi in the finals so that the others can get her over them and the Mole can win.

This is the move that makes me think Joi can't be the mole -- firstly because it's such an obvious thing to do, and secondly because I don't think the producers wanted somebody to completely drain the pot. They immediately tried to give 10k back for no reason, and the contestants turned it down.

It could be a double fake-out where her plan as the mole is to act so much like the mole that no one thinks she can be the mole -- but I doubt it. That seems too risky and complicated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Joi is now getting too obvious to be the mole.  She is also acting very selfish.  She never makes any money for the pot.  Yet she calmly says they will earn it back.  How is she going to do that.  I would be tempted to make her do all the hard challenges in the future and hand her the shovel or whatever and tell her to dig.  I hope if she does win that there is very little left in the pot for her to win.

Dom doesn't have to worry how much money is in the pot anymore.  He is gone.  He seemed to be picking Joi and Avori as the mole.  

Kesi really looked suspicious this time.  She was not looking in the records even when they kept asking her to.  Meanwhile Jacob looked suspicious on the other team.  Although we only have Avori's word that he was counting wrong.  Jacob has that Aww Shucks attitude that makes him a good candidate for the mole.  He keeps saying he is a small town boy that has never left the country.  He doesn't know foreign currency or how to swim in the ocean.  He plays under the radar.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

This is the first time I've ever watched this show, so forgive my ignorance. But if The main concern of not bringing Dom back was because he would have information that they didn't couldn't they just have flat out asked him who he thought the Mole was? I mean, you still wouldn't have to bring him back, but you could use that info. Not sure if that's against the rules or anything.

I also don't know if the gold ledger was pretty easy to figure out and Kesi was hiding something or if it was just easy  to figure out cause they highlighted it for us.

I am enjoying the show so far, so I'm glad Netflix brought it to my attention.

Oh, and I guess my other general question is do they make it so the Mole can't be voted out? Haha, now I realize how dumb of a question that is as the Mole would know all the answers to the quiz. That's what I get for staying up all night to watch this.

Edited by grandmabegum
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, grandmabegum said:

This is the first time I've ever watched this show, so forgive my ignorance. But if The main concern of not bringing Dom back was because he would have information that they didn't couldn't they just have flat out asked him who he thought the Mole was? I mean, you still wouldn't have to bring him back, but you could use that info. Not sure if that's against the rules or anything.

They could have, but he could have lied about it. That's information that Dom would have had that he could have used to throw people off.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

They could have, but he could have lied about it. That's information that Dom would have had that he could have used to throw people off.

Very true. Still getting a hang of the show. I'll admit the whole quiz concept threw me off in a major way. When I watched the first episode around 1 am, I just assumed whoever got the most votes to be the mole would be eliminated just cause I was thinking about Survivor and Big Brother.

Wow can't believe how close Dom was to coming back on his own.   But yeah he would've definitely had a huge advantage knowing who wasn't the Mole so glad he didn't.    Since he's gone, my second choice for possible Mole is Kesi.   She seems to be low-key in her costing the team money and nobody is shown being "mad" at her.   Plus I think she was the first talking head that appeared in the introductory episode.   Maybe it's the show's way of saying, hey we're showing you who the Mole is first.

I do miss having the intro player credit shots though.   And I'm not liking the randomness of the eliminations and cliff hanger endings.   Are they going to have double eliminations some episodes since it looks like they only have ten episodes?   I suppose they'll add an 11th episode for the "reunion" and final reveal like they seem to do for all the Netflix reality shows.   But I'm loving the locations that they're shooting the challenges at.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The outcome of the dosier exemption actually makes me lean towards Joi not being the mole. Because if she was, that would be fucked up. The mole has inside information and has the incentive to destroy the pot. So with that in mind, she could just bid the whole pot (which she pretty much did) and then be 100% sure that she would point towards the right person, who read the dosiers.

If she does turn out to be the mole, I'm going to flip some tables, because that would be increadible bullshit, production just destroying the entire pot. I mean that something from the pot can be bet is bullshit anyway, but if production were to control it, it would be the grandest bullshit I've ever seen on reality TV.

-

Usually I'd agree that it's not a good idea to bring another player back, but guys, your pot is basically empty and those would have been free 10k. Him knowing that one person isn't the mole isn't going to give him that much of an advantage with this many players left. He's probably going to go out in a few weeks again.

-

K. Midas and L. Dorado, I would have gotten, I think G. Locks would have gone over my head.... That they didn't get any is very suspicious. But on the other hand, as people have noted already, these are a bunch of dumbasses.

On the other side, why you'd count out all the vietnamese money instead of Euros or pound is beyond me. So if they fail this, I can't put that on anyone of them. They all screwed that one up.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 10/8/2022 at 2:34 AM, Irlandesa said:

Ack.  The too many talking heads are back.

I really don't like the style for the confessionals, it makes it all feel very staged. Yes confessionals in any show include being prompted to give exposition and zingers but this group is particularly bad at acting like they're speaking with their own words.

I noticed there was one with Joi which was clearly shot on the spot outside the house at the elimination dinner, in a more traditional 3/4 profile looking slightly off camera, and it actually sounded like they asked her a question and she answered it (what a shocker) instead of her reading lines and acting dramatic and smug.

I hate the entire concept of how they're editing these with cliffhangers so I've decided to watch these like normal episodes, challenge to elimination.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

If there’s no money in the pot is there anything to win?  Why do they actively don’t want to put money there?  Only one person is the mole, but they all want to sabotage everything 

Because they want to look like the mole so others answer the quiz using their data.  But yeah, some of the sabotage they did was just crazy.  I think the producers panicked.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I could not believe that between Seattle and Melmore Dom chose Melmore as having a bumper sticker.  Really?

And I noticed that Kesi never said first initials, and didn't say names like Midas and Dorado, which were more unique and gold related than Locks (without the "G"). There had to be a reason she was given a ledger and people should realize that.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Just started watching.  I loved the Anderson Cooper season.  I don't really remember if I watched the season with the other hosts.  I'm glad this show is back.  I love the puzzles and the tasks.

The problem I'm finding is that I don't like that too many people are trying really hard to looks suspicious.  Why does the Mole even need to bother sabotaging the game when everyone else is doing it for them?

Also, because this is a game, everyone should know this is a game, and everyone seems to be there to win.  So when those dossiers came out, absolutely why wouldn't you read them?  The chances of someone else reading them are high.  I couldn't stand the blowhard "I'm playing with integrity" (looking at you, Dom).  There's no integrity when you all know you're in a game, you have to do what you have to do.  The dossiers would contain vital information about the contestants, presumably personal details which would help in the quizzes, like "does the Mole have any sisters".

I also don't blame Joi for risking the pot to get an exemption.  First off, she was absolutely correct when she said that Greg would look at the dossiers.  And as she said, the goal is to survive for another day.  As an added bonus, some people now think she is the Mole and might guess wrong next time.

Jacob was saying that he didn't think it would be a good idea to risk money to get an exception because then "everyone would be mad at me".  And???  So what if people are mad?  There are no consequences other than the lost money in the pot.  Why were people so mad at Joi when there was no anger directed towards Greg for losing them the money if nobody looked?

The way this game is set up, there's no consequences when someone loses money for the pot, and when others suspect them of sabotage.  What I would do if I was the game designer would be to have an elimination midway through the game.  The remaining contestants get to vote off someone they find untrustworthy.  It would be a question on the quiz.  If the person who gets the most votes happens to be the Mole, then obviously they don't get voted off, but the next highest vote getter is gone.  This way, there is a consequence to purposely and overtly doing things to make it look like you are suspicious and getting people to wrongly guess you as the Mole.

I can't stand Greg.  I dislike everything about him.  The way he tries to purposely make it look like he is the Mole, the way he plays up to the camera, his hair, the way he talks.  His descriptions of his dance moves or whatever he was doing to bypass the lasers was just so ridiculously over the top.

I also don't like Avori.  Can't stand the way she thinks she is the smartest person in the room because she is a gamer, and the way she is also trying to make everyone think she is the Mole, like dropping the oxygen tank on the beach without even saying anything or acknowledging it.

• Like 1

It's sad that Dom was exactly who he claimed to be and got eliminated so early. He also had one of the few blue collar jobs of the contestants. I didn't find him annoying. I feel like people on this show are trying to have personalities but no one so far feels thirsty for fame. They are dumb AF for not bringing him back. He's a muscly guy which is good for physical challenges and he evidently wasn't much of a threat on the mental game because he went out early and he played honestly. I was impressed that he managed to narrow it down to 2 choices though. It sucks that no one gave him more clues. Melmore and Seattle are not very close. If he got anything more than the two E's, he would have gotten it. 

I had zero faith in Team Cash. That's an insane challenge for these dummies. I mean, counting out money is already a challenge on a Netflix show (Awake, the late capitalism sleep deprivation show). And then they had to do conversions? Honestly, I'm impressed they were

Spoiler

only $700 off. 

Team Gold was dumb. I feel like they were mainly showing the last names on screen. I would have gotten Dorado and D'or no question. G. Locks as Goldilocks was trickier. I don't think it would have stood out except for being written in capital letters. To be honest, every time they showed Midas, I thought it said Midao so that's a handwriting issue for someone in production. Kesi seems suspicious for not picking up on a single one of those and/or not reading out every single name within 50 minutes. It's three pages of names. It can't take that long to read and someone else on the team would have gotten at least one of those. 

It's a bummer to watch them suck at challenges.

• Like 1

Jacob has that Aww Shucks attitude that makes him a good candidate for the mole.  He keeps saying he is a small town boy that has never left the country.  He doesn't know foreign currency or how to swim in the ocean.  He plays under the radar.

I agree with this logic but, if true, the producers super overestimated the contestants. The rest of them are doing an excellent job losing money without his help. It's really hard to not think it's Joi. If production is as dumb as the contestants, then it's Joi. If they were smart, it's Jacob.

And I'm not liking the randomness of the eliminations and cliff hanger endings. 

I hate it. I binge-watch anyway but it just means I have to watch an extra few minutes of the next episode before I take a break. Dumb. Just let people choose how much they want to watch. They did this for School of Chocolate as well but not for EVERY episode. Also, I hate the little recaps at the start of the next episode. I've started skipping through those parts and some of the quiz section and elimination.

But I'm loving the locations that they're shooting the challenges at.

They're making amazing use of Australia. Good outdoor locations and good landmarks and they feel like they're genuinely being put to use for the challenges. It's not just a task you could do anywhere that happens to be filmed somewhere scenic.

On the other side, why you'd count out all the vietnamese money instead of Euros or pound is beyond me. So if they fail this, I can't put that on anyone of them. They all screwed that one up.

I don't think they wasted too much time counting out all the money and it seemed clear that the more familiar denominations were not going to cover the total so they had to use some unfamiliar currency no matter what. Again, I'm impressed at how close they got considering. 

I can't stand Greg.  I dislike everything about him.  The way he tries to purposely make it look like he is the Mole, the way he plays up to the camera, his hair, the way he talks.  His descriptions of his dance moves or whatever he was doing to bypass the lasers was just so ridiculously over the top.

I think I'm one of the few people who enjoys Greg even if I find him suspicious. But a factor in that is definitely hoping they're not playing into "the gay one is evil." 

On 3/16/2023 at 2:19 AM, aradia22 said:

But a factor in that is definitely hoping they're not playing into "the gay one is evil." 

This is why Greg is not on my Mole list. We live in a society where we don't want to hurt peoples' feelings, and it would look bad if Netflix made the gay dude the "bad guy." 

My guess is that it will be Jacob, Casey, or Avori. They're straight (as far as we know), they're white, and Jacob gets the bonus points of being Straight White Male with Government Job. 

• Sad 1
On 10/11/2022 at 9:59 AM, grandmabegum said:

I also don't know if the gold ledger was pretty easy to figure out and Kesi was hiding something or if it was just easy  to figure out cause they highlighted it for us.

I am enjoying the show so far, so I'm glad Netflix brought it to my attention.

Oh, and I guess my other general question is do they make it so the Mole can't be voted out? Haha, now I realize how dumb of a question that is as the Mole would know all the answers to the quiz. That's what I get for staying up all night to watch this.

The logic sucked too because while he knew who he was gunning for they now 100% knew he wasn't the mole and could narrow their answers.