Type keyword(s) to search

S08E11: Where Is Gurmail

• Start Topic

I did not realize just how much i wanted Catherine and Craig to win until the last maybe 10 minutes. i was getting so excited that my cat who was happily sleeping in my lap jumped out.\

I really wished the brothers had placed better than 4th.

The final task was hard.

great episode. i enjoyed every minute of it

• Love 5

The brothers doing the happy dance after coming in fourth makes me wish they'd won, what great attitudes they both have, their families must be very proud of them. 

Winners were ok, I would have liked to see someone win who wasn't aided through part of the race by being in alliance. 

• Love 2

I’m happy with who won, but I would have been happy with any of the final four teams winning. I have no issues with any team using alliances; it’s a tool that some racers use.

This was a great season overall with likeable teams and interesting challenges. And the scenery, my God we have a beautiful country!

• Love 4

It was a decent finale. I LOVED that it really did come down to one singular riddle. Most of the time, the finale placements are mostly set in stone because one team gets lost or gets stuck on an early task and it's impossible to catch up. That was almost Jesse/Marika, but seeing them not just catch up but jump up to be the runners-up? Impressive. 

I wasn't thrilled with Craig at times (his whole alliance stuff really soured me of him) but I am fine with a Catherine/Craig win AND I did enjoy their partnership. Craig was always SO happy for Catherine and it really showed how deep their friendship goes. Especially given Catherine's diagnosis, winning TARCAN probably meant a lot for the both of them, but even just getting to do the race was poignant for them.

I also applaud Franella for playing smart throughout the entire leg. From getting their taxi driver's number so they never have to hail another taxi to their strategy at the market, they would have been great winners too.

Sad for the brothers, who I DID end up rooting for my the second half of the race. They were great sports throughout the race. 

I was rooting so hard for Jesse/Marika but I'm proud they caught up and got second. Jesse was so calm throughout the race and despite Marika's response to stressful situations, she was always respectful, didn't take it out on Jesse and just kept going. They were a great team and really provided entertainment for me. 

All in all, a solid finale to a shaky season.

• Love 6

Wow, that was tense. I was kind of rooting for everyone, but Catherine and Craig were my picks from the beginning, so good on them and it clearly meant the world to them. I was dreading that a screen would come up at the end dedicating the race to Catherine and was so relieved it didn't.

I have to give it to the girls though, they didn't have any special skills related to any of the tasks (skating/singing) and they still hung in there with good strategy and fight. The boys looked great in their tuxes and I'm sure will parlay their race into more opportunities. Jesse has a great way about him, kept his cool and solved that final riddle. Marika, well, hopefully she learned a lot about resilience and keeping a good attitude when the chips are down. She's getting there.  

Now let's hope US Amazing Race can measure up! 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Artsda said:

that Opera  task was catered for them to gain ground. 

Tasks are planned weeks or months in advance with no knowledge of which teams will be doing them.

I liked all four teams and liked that they didn’t get on each other when things didn’t go their way. It was really interesting how the team order kept changing depending on the tasks. I recall several seasons of OG TAR where one team just powered through entire episodes ahead of the pack with no chance of anyone catching up. TARCAN was way more interesting.

All the teams seemed stuck on the “case” part of the riddle, even though “licks” was just as important and was an unusual word to not be relevant. I wonder if the teams didn’t think that licks = stamps because none of them send snail mail anymore and probably haven’t licked a stamp in years, if ever.

• Love 3

Great set of finalists.  And I agree that all the challenges are set up well in advance.   And between Covid and her brain cancer and just the race in general, there was no guarantee the winning team would have even made it to the finals.  

Looking forward to Phil and then to another season of TAR Canada.  

Nice article in People about the win. 
https://people.com/theater/catherine-wreford-ledlow-craig-ramsay-win-the-amazing-race-canada-broadway-alums/

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Wow, that was tense. I was kind of rooting for everyone, but Catherine and Craig were my picks from the beginning, so good on them and it clearly meant the world to them. I was dreading that a screen would come up at the end dedicating the race to Catherine and was so relieved it didn't.

I was worried about that too.

All the teams were there at the same time and stuck on the exact same riddle. Usually on these kinds of challenges, there are different questions that hang up the teams.  Craig was the first to realize that it was the stamps which earned them the win. I was really happy that they won. The money will certainly help Catherine's family.

Great season overall! Kudos to the show for selecting overall-likeable teams and some great challenges all over our beautiful country. 

• Love 3

Well, I’m annoyed.  I got spoiled as to who the winners were.  I had the radio on early Wednesday morning, and was still in bed.  All of a sudden, the TAR music starts, but I thought it was a commercial.  Then the announcer says, spoiler alert, here are x and x, the winners.  No pause or real warning.  I immediately starting telling my Google nest to stop, but it was too late.  Oh well, I guess I can watch the episode stress free now.

• Sad 3
1 hour ago, Tiggertoo said:

Well, I’m annoyed.  I got spoiled as to who the winners were.  I had the radio on early Wednesday morning, and was still in bed.  All of a sudden, the TAR music starts, but I thought it was a commercial.  Then the announcer says, spoiler alert, here are x and x, the winners.  No pause or real warning.  I immediately starting telling my Google nest to stop, but it was too late.  Oh well, I guess I can watch the episode stress free now.

That's too bad. It's a good episode with lots of place switching!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tiggertoo said:

I was spoiled too today by Tiktok. Nothing TAR related has ever popped up on my feed and today some news tiktok popped up showing them celebrating. 

I'm always happy when a non-young male team wins because it can be rare but all the teams were pretty great. I did tear up pretty hard when Craig said he would always be there for her and for her family when-. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

I finally watched the show and really enjoyed it. I got pretty tense at times even though I knew who the winners were. I’m so glad Jesse and Marika came in second.  I just loved them. 

Hopefully, Catherine still has lots of time left and can enjoy some of those trips they won. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 1:05 PM, Shermie said:

I wonder if the teams didn’t think that licks = stamps because none of them send snail mail anymore and probably haven’t licked a stamp in years, if ever.

It also seems like it has been a long time since anyone has had to lick a stamp. Since I think they come with adhesive on the back (basically like a sticker) for at least 10 years now.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:32 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

It also seems like it has been a long time since anyone has had to lick a stamp. Since I think they come with adhesive on the back (basically like a sticker) for at least 10 years now.

Not all of them though.

The standard P ones do, but I've bought stamps of other denominations and still had to lick those.