Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander was no where near too far gone to be unsustainable. He was a little bitch who did anything for money, not a serial killer. I just think they’ve gone way too far in the other direction with him. I was kind of embarrassed watching him give Jack back the newspaper tbh.

I wasn't. I really liked seeing him set things right. Xander still has a long way to go to make up for all the following:

-Shooting Brady, then kidnapping Nicole and Holly and attempting to force himself on Nic

-Shooting Marlena at her wedding

-Kidnapping Susan and Bonnie

-Forcing Nicole into marriage and again attempting to force himself on her

-Trying to roast Eric and Nicole alive in the furnace 

^ that's some truly unforgivable stuff!!

It's really a credit to Paul's charms that the  character got a redemption at all. His track record is pretty horrendous, but he's been a loveable villain.

I, too, hope to see some corporate badness from him once he takes over Titan. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Redemption is part of soap characters. If they don't grow and change there is no point. I hated Steve getting a family in 1987 so much cause I wanted to keep him as he was, but the story was amazing and I loved his evolution.

Original recipe Xander was great fun but not sustainable as a character. I am very interested to see if becoming the billionaire bastard corrupts him or if he stays the course now.

Theresa has gone backwards but that's a writers choice. She had evolved but now she's worse than when we first met her.

Oh and pets get airtime. See Leo Benalex and Gwenresa. Xander has been at 5 episodes a month since November 

Redemption arcs can be a really great tool if done right, but I really don't think Days has done an especially good job with them and more often than not they do a shoddy job with them. I don't know if I believe that Xander's redemption is genuine but the writers really want to keep him around so I guess I'll just have to accept it. And I will also never understand what Sarah and Maggie even see in him but whatever; they're both stuck with him for the long haul I guess. 

I also won't be surprised if Theresa remains an evil and unrepentent schemer for as long as the show continues to air and she continues to commit a multitude of crimes and misdeeds that get progressively worse as time goes on. No one is going to buy a redemption arc from her anyway especially not after the way she's been written for the better part of a year. It's only a matter of time before she actually hurts or kills somebody and if she does I hope she actually gets shipped off to prison for a very long time. 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wasn't. I really liked seeing him set things right. Xander still has a long way to go to make up for all the following:

-Shooting Brady, then kidnapping Nicole and Holly and attempting to force himself on Nic

-Shooting Marlena at her wedding

-Kidnapping Susan and Bonnie

-Forcing Nicole into marriage and again attempting to force himself on her

-Trying to roast Eric and Nicole alive in the furnace 

^ that's some truly unforgivable stuff!!

It's really a credit to Paul's charms that the  character got a redemption at all. His track record is pretty horrendous, but he's been a loveable villain.

I, too, hope to see some corporate badness from him once he takes over Titan. 

Just want to say he was very clear that he would never have forced himself on Nicole. He told Eric that despite Theresa's lies that's a line he'd never cross. And Nicole knew this she wasn't scared to be around him in Nashville, just annoyed.

Having said that he needs to apologize to Eric for the Mickey swap, especially now he gets how bad that was. I think he and Bonnie are even considering she robbed him and caused him to be broke enough to work for Ava. He should have an apology scene with Susan but she thought he was a nice kidnapper so...

He had a nice scene with John last year where he talked wanting to be better. I don't think they'll put Xander with Marlena even though he will need therapy soon.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't think they'll put Xander with Marlena even though he will need therapy soon.

The thought of Xander therapy scenes makes me ill lol. But luckily I can fast forward, if they do happen.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

The fact we're talking about Xander/Marlena makes me realize how short sighted it was to kill off the other shrink in Laura. She would be less of a conflict of interest with some of these patients compared to Marlena. 

Course I always thought Marlena should be in retirement and Eric should've taken the torch from her in this profession instead they made him a priest and neutered him for years.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Just want to say he was very clear that he would never have forced himself on Nicole. He told Eric that despite Theresa's lies that's a line he'd never cross. And Nicole knew this she wasn't scared to be around him in Nashville, just annoyed.

I remember a few scenes of him standing uncomfortably close to her in Nashville, asking her to give in and consummate the marriage, or some such, a la Stefano and Marlena. The constant pressure to have sex with someone who has you essentially imprisoned is a violation too, and a horrid thing to endure. Nicole was anything but comfortable (and he'd put the moves on her before, in Greece as well). Plus, wasn't Kristen impersonating Nicole in Salem at the time and raping Brady in the process? The whole situation was pretty messed up, is my point, even if Xander didn't directly assault her.

Fine, he draws a line at initiating the sex fully, but that doesn't mean he wasn't terrorizing her, however bravely she dealt with it.

It's pretty crazy that years later, a sad lonely Nicole finally just had sex with him after Eric abandoned her. Talk about feeling worthless :( I mean, the man had tried to kill her, FFS.

Granted, they always did have chemistry. Xander's first arc was about him being attracted to and wooing Nicole the reporter, even as that redhead gal bedded in him in secret while discussing the Pier One elephants with diamonds in them.

4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The fact we're talking about Xander/Marlena makes me realize how short sighted it was to kill off the other shrink in Laura. She would be less of a conflict of interest with some of these patients compared to Marlena. 

Maybe we'll get lucky and Laura will return at some point after Ron (and Gwen?) are gone.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe we'll get lucky and Laura will return at some point after Ron (and Gwen?) are gone.

Not that I disliked Laura but PLEASE no more back from the dead stories.  EVER.  It really doesn't matter how well liked the person was.  I can take missing, presumed dead, but when we SEE someone die and there is a funeral after the person has been embalmed then NO.  They are DEAD.  And usually, they don't know what to do with the character anyway after they come back, (Bo was an especially good example of this) so it was a giant waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
10 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Not that I disliked Laura but PLEASE no more back from the dead stories.  EVER.  It really doesn't matter how well liked the person was.  I can take missing, presumed dead, but when we SEE someone die and there is a funeral after the person has been embalmed then NO.  They are DEAD.  And usually, they don't know what to do with the character anyway after they come back, (Bo was an especially good example of this) so it was a giant waste of time.

We never saw Laura's funeral but I see your point. Honestly I'm ok with Laura staying dead tbh and I say this as someone that liked her and thinks she had a place on this show. There's not much for her to comeback to as her immediate family is MIA anyways.

• Like 3

On a shallow note, I thought Sarah looked pretty, she had a very sleek, elegant dress & her fingerwaves were very much her Look.  Maggie looked lovely in that sky blue dress/coat.  I liked Theresa's flower headband, but not her poufy sleeves.  Xander looked handsome in his kilt.  What was with Bonnie's look?  The day before, Bonnie had blonde hair but at the wedding she had silver hair...maybe Judi Evans is letting her hair go natural?  I wish there had been more characters there as guests.  Xander's Mother is very attractive.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Bonnie really looked weird at the end of this week. Her pre-wedding look was awful.

I didnt like Sarah's dress at first and preferred Theresa's....then once I saw them up close, my opinions switched! The bows were too juvenile on Theresa. Sarah looked more elegant.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

there were less guests than there were brides and grooms.   One lady did try hard to pretend she knew them.   and where was Victoria?  it seemed they parked her carriage in front of one of the shops and wandered away.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Yeah there were at least 2 redheads in the cheap seats and the older one distracted the heck out of me because I just kept thinking "Melissa...?" even though she's obviously not really supposed to be Sarah's (invisible) older sister.

Did they even say where Melissa was?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah there were at least 2 redheads in the cheap seats

One of them was the nurse we see occasionally, this time with her hair down.  I suspect these extras are really body doubles for the named actors.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Well, today's episode..I think the previews were better, lol.  It took Alex all of 2 seconds to call Justin 'dad' and hugs all around.  

Then there's Stephanie, who wasted no time running after Alex to comfort him.  Would have thought she would have run after Teresa, but no. 😒

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Because Theresa is her cousin and Alex is the ex who she couldn't trust?  Why would you think that?  

They don't even bother to to say where family members are now.   It's just assumed no one is coming.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, oftentimes said:

It took Alex all of 2 seconds to call Justin 'dad' and hugs all around.  

Yeah that was bizarre. They deliberately make Alex be a jerk to him for months in really awful ways, then abruptly diffuse the drama, no hard feelings. Why wouldn't they spend a few episodes with Justin sadly fuming overly suddenly being "good enough" again? This is a soap opera. There was drama prepped and ready to go there!

I know the answer is "Ron", but in-show who the heck invited Leo to this wedding? Neither of the couples like him! Am I missing something?

Thanks for pointing out Bonnie's hair. It was a wig the other day, wasn't it? She went from crimped fake blonde to blown-out grey blonde.

Fiona was a bit too "snotty posh" for my liking. She's obviously a good actress but a little less attitude would work better. Liked her overall though.

What doesn't add up for me was the simple way Theresa's involvement with Kon was revealed. She could have just left him out of the whole thing and made herself look less bad in the process. What - she seriously needed him to forge a signature of a dead women neither of them ever met? Saying "I forged it" would have avoided the stigma of everyone knowing they were partners.

Xander, Paul, was excellent today. It built nicely. He really took his time. Bravo!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Yeah that was bizarre. They deliberately make Alex be a jerk to him for months in really awful ways, then abruptly diffuse the drama, no hard feelings. Why wouldn't they spend a few episodes with Justin sadly fuming overly suddenly being "good enough" again? This is a soap opera. There was drama prepped and ready to go there!

I know the answer is "Ron", but in-show who the heck invited Leo to this wedding? Neither of the couples like him! Am I missing something?

Thanks for pointing out Bonnie's hair. It was a wig the other day, wasn't it? She went from crimped fake blonde to blown-out grey blonde.

Fiona was a bit too "snotty posh" for my liking. She's obviously a good actress but a little less attitude would work better. Liked her overall though.

What doesn't add up for me was the simple way Theresa's involvement with Kon was revealed. She could have just left him out of the whole thing and made herself look less bad in the process. What - she seriously needed him to forge a signature of a dead women neither of them ever met? Saying "I forged it" would have avoided the stigma of everyone knowing they were partners.

Xander, Paul, was excellent today. It built nicely. He really took his time. Bravo!

Bonnie invited Leo to the wedding. She told him about Xander's mother potentially being a surprise guest and that it might be good for his column

Theresa was never bright. She will fold the second somebody wonders if she was the accomplice in the kidnapping too. Andrew is a disappointment. Shane would have told the truth even about his daughter.

And yes preferred Paul's subtle reactions as Xander, and his devastation at the end just on his face, to Rob's OTT yelling

• Like 6
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Bonnie invited Leo to the wedding. She told him about Xander's mother potentially being a surprise guest and that it might be good for his column

Wow, I watched those scenes, talked about them on here and still completely forgot about them! 😅

• LOL 5

Today's episode was Classic Soap!  I enjoyed all the scenes, even Brady chomping down on those Olives!   The music built the Drama and everyone had great reactions!  Theresa looked like a trapped deer, Sarah was soothing & comforting to Xander, Maggie was overcome with tears.  I got a kick out of Leo saying "Its a Salem wedding!" Lol....and then his reactions as the truth kept coming out.  All in all, an exciting episode(I am easily amused :)

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I think with the way things ended today, I won't be surprised if Theresa eventually cracks under intense pressure and scrutiny from Xander and she actually cops to the kidnapping of baby Victoria. That's probably what she's going to end up telling Brady and Alex on Friday, that and she's going to arrange for an annulment for her and Alex so that they won't be married anymore. I really hate that Andrew continued to cover up for her and didn't insist on turning her in. I'm so horribly disappointed in him. 

But what really bothers me is that nobody was even remotely mad and upset with Alex and now all of a sudden everything is hunky dory with him and Justin. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Such a great episode.

I wasn't into Fiona at first but she started to get me with her reaction to Victoria. I liked Xander calling her out on calling Theresa despicable or whatever when what she did was way worse.

RSW was decent today.

I'm not surprised Justin just welcomed Alex back like that. He's his son lol. It's like why would I expect Andrew to turn in his own sister. 

I don't give a single shit about what Theresa did but for fuck's sake girl, be smart! She should have just made up some story about Konstantin making her do all this. 

Leave it to Brady to get caught up with some questionable older woman lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Exactly.  And the brat who has spent MONTHS stamping his foot and basically screaming "You can't MAKE me.  You're not my REAL dad."  Doesn't even have the decency to offer an at least half-way pro forma apology.  Bonnie, I don't think discovering that Alex is really Justin's is quite the win you're making it out to be.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Wow Brady and Fiona… Uncle Xander will be pissed when his nephew and mother eventually do the deed (if it happens).

I doubt very much Theresa could have pulled off the “innocent act” at this time. No one was holding a gun to her head and demanded her to work with Konstantin, she brought this upon herself. Sure Eve had done some serious shit back then but at least her motivation was belivable due to her tough childhood - desperately need to be loved. What excuse does Theresa have? Her father was the mighty and loaded Shane "James Bond" Donovan, she could have simply asked for his help to deal with Konstantin. 

Edited by Sunrain
  • Like 4

It's like they just wanted to end the strike material and slapped on an ending. Oddly enough I think the strike writers would've given us a better payoff.

I get why Justin reacted the way he did but others should've dragged Alex like Sonny and Bonnie.

If Adrienne were alive like she should've been she would've told Alex off. 

• Like 6
(edited)

That was great episode very soapy. 

I think Justin should have had more anger and less happy after all Alex did to him. But I get it Alex already was hurt enough. 

Alex figured Theresa out fast and was smarter than he was before. 

Leo was great comic relief during the episode. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 7
13 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Well, today's episode..I think the previews were better, lol.  It took Alex all of 2 seconds to call Justin 'dad' and hugs all around.  

Then there's Stephanie, who wasted no time running after Alex to comfort him.  Would have thought she would have run after Teresa, but no. 😒

Why would Stephanie waste her time comforting Theresa when Theresa is obviously in the wrong and has been caught in a big, fat lie? She's probably extremely upset at her for hurting Alex and his family the way she did. 

• Like 3

Justin is a good dad.  I'd like to see Alex come to him and apologize and let him know he saw Justin take the high road when he had every reason not to and it taught him a lot.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oceanblue said:

Justin is a good dad.  I'd like to see Alex come to him and apologize and let him know he saw Justin take the high road when he had every reason not to and it taught him a lot.

I imagine that that's coming eventually.  I think that based on what they found out today, their reactions in the heat of the moment make sense.

• Like 1

Justin understands that Alex is a victim and that everything he did was about coming to grips with the idea that he was Victor's son.  I think they were both relieved he isn't.

• Like 6

Well, Theresa didn't do right by Xander and I don't like that.  But, looking on the bright side, she DID make OllieBenAlex really mad and unhappy and for that I'll always be eternally grateful.  Couldn't happen to a bigger blowfish.

All that's left is for Justin to play the "Pull My Finger" game with Alex and for Sonny to give him a super wedgie on his way out of town.  Some itching powder in his thong courtesy of Maggie wouldn't be too much, either.

RSW also reached for new heights today in his lack of acting skills and I have to say, he achieved his goal of absolutely sucking.

Good day!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

I thought RSW sucked. And I guess I’ll never get the groveling scene to his father Justin like the viewers deserved.

Anyone else hope Alex is on the chopping block when the new writers start?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Why would Stephanie waste her time comforting Theresa when Theresa is obviously in the wrong and has been caught in a big, fat lie? She's probably extremely upset at her for hurting Alex and his family the way she did. 

Yes, Theresa was definitely in the wrong.  Stephanie has said several times that Theresa is family, she's my cousin, we spent a lot of time together as kids, I love her, we had so much fun together. So, I guess that's why. 

However, I really shouldn't have thought that because Stephanie frequently shows up to comfort the men in her life. 

Edited by oftentimes
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, boes said:

Well, Theresa didn't do right by Xander and I don't like that.

Aaaannnnd . . . why should she have?  There's the matter of him . . . oh, I don't know . . . trying to kill her more than once and also terrorizing various members of her family!  She hates him for good reason.  Of course she wouldn't do anything right by him.

• Like 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I get why Justin reacted the way he did but others should've dragged Alex like Sonny and Bonnie.

Bonnie's been up Alex's ass plus she knows Justin was deeply hurt by Alex not being his son so it makes sense she'd be like this. I don't know if ZT just didn't really wanna be there or if it was an acting choice, but I thought he looked bored and miserable during the scenes with Alex, so that was funny lol.

8 hours ago, Badger said:

Justin understands that Alex is a victim and that everything he did was about coming to grips with the idea that he was Victor's son.  I think they were both relieved he isn't.

Exactly.

Honestly, I'm glad some of you aren't my family because damn you expect people to turn on their own family lol. I mean, it's one thing if a family member is a murderer or a rapist but 'acting like a little bitch to me when coming to terms with finding out I wasn't his bio dad' and 'faked a paternity' just aren't things I expect peoples' families to disown them for. And that's in real life, in soaps hell I don't even expect them to do it for rapes and murders lol.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Honestly, I'm glad some of you aren't my family because damn you expect people to turn on their own family lol. I mean, it's one thing if a family member is a murderer or a rapist but 'acting like a little bitch to me when coming to terms with finding out I wasn't his bio dad' and 'faked a paternity' just aren't things I expect peoples' families to disown them for. And that's in real life, in soaps hell I don't even expect them to do it for rapes and murders lol.

I would gladly be your family, @peachmangosteen, because I certainly wouldn't turn on my own family for those things.  Be a bit shocked, sure, but certainly not turn on them completely.

I think that people here just hate either Alex, Robert, or both, and are thus willing to condemn him for everything under the sun.  And frankly, it just bums me out.

• Like 1

I don't really like or dislike Alex (occasionally he entertains me but mostly tbh I just fast forward him) and I do think he's an asshole but I just don't see why his own father would give up on him because he treated him poorly for a few months after finding out life altering news.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Aaaannnnd . . . why should she have?  There's the matter of him . . . oh, I don't know . . . trying to kill her more than once and also terrorizing various members of her family!  She hates him for good reason.  Of course she wouldn't do anything right by him.

It's a soap, not a documentary.  Hell, he kidnapped Bonnie and she thinks he's just fine.  Consistency and DOOL aren't even on speaking terms, much less a guide to ethical behavior.  I like Xander and I like Theresa, though Jen Lilley's version, not this one.  I don't like Alex though not as much as as I disliked serial killer Ben and I'm not at all fond of the actor's abilities or lack of them - again, personal taste.  Differing opinions or attitudes don't bum me out.

Edited by boes
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, oftentimes said:

Yes, Theresa was definitely in the wrong.  Stephanie has said several times that Theresa is family, she's my cousin, we spent a lot of time together as kids, I love her, we had so much fun together. So, I guess that's why. 

However, I really shouldn't have thought that because Stephanie frequently shows up to comfort the men in her life. 

Yeah, but just because Stephanie and Theresa spent a lot of time together as children and had fun doesn't necessarily mean that Theresa is not an awful person and deserves to suffer the most severe and worst consequences for her actions. And if I were Stephanie, I'd steer clear of her from this point on. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

acting like a little bitch to me when coming to terms with finding out I wasn't his bio dad' and 'faked a paternity' just aren't things I expect peoples' families to disown them for.

I don't think people want Justin to disown Alex, but Alex spending MONTHS basically telling Justin that all the YEARS he spent raising Alex, loving him and being his father meant nothing to him because he was too busy adoring his "father" who didn't exactly treat him well at least deserves SOME hurt feelings on Justin's part.  After all, Alex basically disowned Justin, basically dismissing the fact that Justin was, indeed, his father.  To think Justin deserves an apology at the VERY least is not being particularly harsh to Alex.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
(edited)

They did that scene of Justin expressing his hurt feelings earlier this week or last week. I think Alex should apologize but I don’t see it as unrealistic/ooc that Justin doesn't seem to care that he didn’t. Or obviously that Alex didn’t even think to lol. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

doesn't necessarily mean that Theresa is not an awful person and deserves to suffer the most severe and worst consequences for her actions.

Kristen stole the embryo that is now elderly teen Tate right out of Theresa's body and now she's CEO of DiMera.  

That's life in Salem.  Law and Order this show ain't.

On a slightly less inflammatory note, anybody believe Leo actually ATE that honkin' huge piece of wedding cake?

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Rodney said:

She was never on his radar until she FALSELY ACCUSED HIM OF RAPE. He would never have given her the time of day until that. So it is all on her.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't really like or dislike Alex (occasionally he entertains me but mostly tbh I just fast forward him) and I do think he's an asshole but I just don't see why his own father would give up on him because he treated him poorly for a few months after finding out life altering news.

Same. I think Alex is a waste of space but Justin is his father and loves him. It is in us as parents to embrace our children, no matter what age, and forgive bratty behaviour. 

2 hours ago, boes said:

It's a soap, not a documentary.  Hell, he kidnapped Bonnie and she thinks he's just fine.  Consistency and DOOL aren't even on speaking terms, much less a guide to ethical behavior.  I like Xander and I like Theresa, though Jen Lilley's version, not this one.  I don't like Alex though not as much as as I disliked serial killer Ben and I'm not at all fond of the actor's abilities or lack of them - again, personal taste.  Differing opinions or attitudes don't bum me out.

Yeah I hated Ben, but I just mildly dislike Alex. He should not have had all the heavy lifting yesterday though, his yelling was bad. We didn't even really get a moment where Xander registered what this meant to him. I hated that.

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Yeah, but just because Stephanie and Theresa spent a lot of time together as children and had fun doesn't necessarily mean that Theresa is not an awful person and deserves to suffer the most severe and worst consequences for her actions. And if I were Stephanie, I'd steer clear of her from this point on. 

Stephanie just heard that Theresa committed fraud to benefit herself and was lying to her 'friend' Alex for months and using him for a paycheque. Of course she went to Alex. Theresa doesn't deserve anyone holding her hand and telling her they still think she's ok by them.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, boes said:

Kristen stole the embryo that is now elderly teen Tate right out of Theresa's body and now she's CEO of DiMera.  

"elderly teen Tate".  PERFECT!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, boes said:

On a slightly less inflammatory note, anybody believe Leo actually ATE that honkin' huge piece of wedding cake?

I’m just happy he actually took a bite. I hate when they have food and just let it sit or, even worse, push it around their plate like Kayla did a couple weeks ago. 

I like calling Tate Old Man Tate in homage to Old Man Nate on OLTL.

Although I agree that Xander should have gotten more to do/say during the reveal, I thought PT did really well with what he was given. I look forward to seeing where he goes now.

Speaking of Xander, why exactly does he have a Scottish accent if his dad is Greek and his mom is British lol?

• LOL 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m just happy he actually took a bite. I hate when they have food and just let it sit or, even worse, push it around their plate like Kayla did a couple weeks ago. 

I like calling Tate Old Man Tate in homage to Old Man Nate on OLTL.

Although I agree that Xander should have gotten more to do/say during the reveal, I thought PT did really well with what he was given. I look forward to seeing where he goes now.

Speaking of Xander, why exactly does he have a Scottish accent if his dad is Greek and his mom is British lol?

According to an interview, his mother grew up in Scotland and booted it as soon as she turned 18 and went to Europe. Then after Titus died she hauled Xander back to Scotland. Possibly to her parents' home? Her accent sounds wildly affected to me, like she was trying to ditch the one she grew up with and is trying to sound posh. In the UK you are judged so heavily by how you speak. It worked for me as part of her character.

Speaking of Xander he had some really Scottish pronounciations and inflections when he got upset yesterday. I like to hear that come out as his own accent is really diluted from his years in England and now the States.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Her accent sounds wildly affected to me, like she was trying to ditch the one she grew up with and is trying to sound posh.

I agree. Her accent was odd to me so I just assumed the actress was faking an accent until I looked her up and saw she’s from the UK.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2