Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

She was drugged out of her mind due to the syringe she got accidentally injected with that Abby left behind when she and Gabi held Gwen in the wine cellar.

I like Xarah together but at the same time can see how they don't work long term unless one of them fundamentally changes. I would've been fine with Rex/Sarah as a long term option if he was still around while Xander/Sarah co-parent. Everytime Sarah forgives him for something that's valid for her to leave him for it makes her a lot less credible on the moral front.

Xander was best as a thug but since they want him as a long term character I see why he had to be softened up. However given how this show gives me so little to enjoy I just go with it at this point.

I think this latest plot with Xander accused of shooting Harris was to show us that he has changed and she is right to believe in him. I think all their drama will be external now. And we would all believe that if she had been pregnant as Renee that Kristen would have absolutely been delighted to rob Xander of a child in retaliation for Rachel. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I think this latest plot with Xander accused of shooting Harris was to show us that he has changed and she is right to believe in him. I think all their drama will be external now. And we would all believe that if she had been pregnant as Renee that Kristen would have absolutely been delighted to rob Xander of a child in retaliation for Rachel. 

Good point I forgot about that Kristen would 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I don’t like this neutered version of Xander. He is boring.

I mean. We see him once a week now if that since the strike started. I assume that he will get to show some of his old personality when he finds out what Theresa did. And I think his mum will push all his buttons.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2024 at 8:05 PM, brisbydog said:

Once they survive her, and the Victor reveal, I'd have Sarah remember having a baby while she was Renee on the island. Plenty to milk from that year off screen, and Kristen would totally have taken a baby and hidden it.

They have Victoria.  No need for another kid so soon.

10 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I mean. We see him once a week now if that since the strike started. I assume that he will get to show some of his old personality when he finds out what Theresa did. And I think his mum will push all his buttons.

If it ends them and turns him back to his old self, I can get behind that.  Otherwise . . . meh.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 9:05 PM, Artsda said:

Sad to see Sloan go, she was a good character.

If Monday was truly it for Jessica Serfaty, then I'm glad that they at least let Sloan leave Salem alive.  Gives the writers the option to bring her back down the road if they want to.  Impressed that Ron didn't go down the kill-off road that he usually takes (Talia and Schuyler, OLTL, Sabrina, GH, and Ted Laurent and Haley Chen on this show).  And hey, if they see a need for her, then her temporary recast, Natasha Hall, looks a lot like her.  She could easily fit the bill if they want to bring her back.

I was disappointed in Eric saying that what they had wasn't real, though.  I seem to recall that for nearly a year, Sloan gave us an Eric Brady that no one had ever seen before.  An Eric Brady with a backbone.  An Eric Brady who was allowed to get mad at people.  An Eric Brady who stood up for himself and didn't let people walk all over him.  An Eric Brady who didn't take shit from anyone.  (And damn, could you ever tell that Greg Vaughan had a blast playing that version of Eric!)  And he owed all that to being with Sloan.  He can't say that things weren't real between them, given that she was the one who influenced him to take stronger approaches with people.  Plus, with her, he was actually smiling for the first time in a long time!

I mean, come on.  Even when Sloan had her vendetta against Paulina and Chanel, Eric was the sole person at her side, defending her right to go after them.  That showed that he loved her.  So he can't say that that wasn't real.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 6:30 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole may have talked to Jada about it but Jada still made that choice(although I don't get why they made her pregnant to begin with but I digress).

Jada even insisted on that very point, and Eric agreed with it.  But Nicole still should've minded her own business in that whole debacle.  That's what got Eric so pissed about it.  She gave in to her old insecurities and fear of competition for Eric and butted in when nobody asked.  Eric saw the old problems with Nicole and dumped her all over again before they even restarted things because of that.  He saw those old qualities of her, and they scared him too much.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

But when he's all aggro over Theresa he'll just be looking like a huge hypocrite, which will annoy me lol.

Still, I am interested to see where this thing with Xander's mom is going.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

But when he's all aggro over Theresa he'll just be looking like a huge hypocrite, which will annoy me lol.

Still, I am interested to see where this thing with Xander's mom is going.

Everybody on this show is a hypocrite, cause they are all reformed criminals

If his Mum ends this Theresa and Alex nonsense she is my new favourite character

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Couple thoughts on Tuesday's show:  WHY does this show INSIST that simply putting a piece of fabric AROUND someone's face (not in their mouth like ANY good kidnapper would know) keeps them from screaming.  It most definitely DOES NOT.  Goldman could have easily screamed her head off.  

And, has Steve suddenly been hit with senility?  Rather than simply say Ava and Harris MAY have a lead on Clyde but he doesn't know anything more than that, he tells Chad EXACTLY where they are - exact city and state.  I'd be surprised if he didn't tell them what room at the motel they were in too.

And I agree with the other posters that Xander gave in far too easily about his mother.  Of COURSE Victoria deserves to have what Xander describes as a mean alcoholic in her life.  Sarah's ready to expose her baby to her without knowing a thing about her current circumstances.  How could that possibly be a bad idea?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

WHY does this show INSIST that simply putting a piece of fabric AROUND someone's face (not in their mouth like ANY good kidnapper would know) keeps them from screaming.  It most definitely DOES NOT.  Goldman could have easily screamed her head off.  

Hahaha, yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I already complain too much about everything here so.... 😅

Lucas smiling and going awww shucks about kidnapping Sami and ruining his life was....a choice.

Bryan looks amazing and has great energy and all, but isn't this possibly the dumbest thing Lucas has ever done? With the worst fallout? Shouldn't he be...really humbled by it?

Ava singing Harris' praises never gets old. It so doesn't 🙄

Eric has slowly left the DiMansion livingroom the exact same sad way three times now in 5 episodes. Variety please!

I didn't completely buy the explanation for Jude. It's a clunky name. I think Ron just likes the Beatles.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Sarah's ready to expose her baby to her without knowing a thing about her current circumstances.  How could that possibly be a bad idea?

Sarah has proven time and again that she is deeply stupid lol.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Bryan looks amazing and has great energy and all, but isn't this possibly the dumbest thing Lucas has ever done? With the worst fallout? Shouldn't he be...really humbled by it?

He's been contrite about it before. These scenes were just meant to be more funny. And they were! Lucas is so entertaining.

Since they didn't give me a nice little Sloan/EJ hate sex moment, can they at least give me EJ/Melinda? Throw me a bone, Ron!

• LOL 7

OK Ava has officially lost all credibility as a "mob princess."  Any REAL mob princess would have shot first and talked later - possibly over the dead body.  But NOOOOOO she had to blather and blather and blather and then finally let herself get "talked out of it" by Harris.  And Chad, Clyde was BEGGING you to pull the trigger and you wouldn't.  We could have ALL gone on happily still believing Abigail was dead but, NOPE, Clyde was right.  You weren't man enough to pull the trigger.  Now we're going to be cursed with undead Abigail (who will be worshipped and adored by all and sundry in Salem) and it is BOTH of your faults!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Rodney said:

If Monday was truly it for Jessica Serfaty, then I'm glad that they at least let Sloan leave Salem alive.  Gives the writers the option to bring her back down the road if they want to.  Impressed that Ron didn't go down the kill-off road that he usually takes (Talia and Schuyler, OLTL, Sabrina, GH, and Ted Laurent and Haley Chen on this show).  And hey, if they see a need for her, then her temporary recast, Natasha Hall, looks a lot like her.  She could easily fit the bill if they want to bring her back.

I was disappointed in Eric saying that what they had wasn't real, though.  I seem to recall that for nearly a year, Sloan gave us an Eric Brady that no one had ever seen before.  An Eric Brady with a backbone.  An Eric Brady who was allowed to get mad at people.  An Eric Brady who stood up for himself and didn't let people walk all over him.  An Eric Brady who didn't take shit from anyone.  (And damn, could you ever tell that Greg Vaughan had a blast playing that version of Eric!)  And he owed all that to being with Sloan.  He can't say that things weren't real between them, given that she was the one who influenced him to take stronger approaches with people.  Plus, with her, he was actually smiling for the first time in a long time!

I mean, come on.  Even when Sloan had her vendetta against Paulina and Chanel, Eric was the sole person at her side, defending her right to go after them.  That showed that he loved her.  So he can't say that that wasn't real.

I don't think this is the last we've seen of Sloan tbh. I know it seems strange to say but I feel like she will return(probably with a different actress). Of course I'm assuming they see her beyond Eric and remember she had interactions with other characters on this show(Paulina/Chanel/Alex).

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hahaha, yeah I was thinking the same thing. But I already complain too much about everything here so.... 😅

Lucas smiling and going awww shucks about kidnapping Sami and ruining his life was....a choice.

Ava singing Harris' praises never gets old. It so doesn't 🙄

Eric has slowly left the DiMansion livingroom the exact same sad way three times now in 5 episodes. Variety please!

I didn't completely buy the explanation for Jude. It's a clunky name. I think Ron just likes the Beatles.

It is a clunky name but I figured it was named after the church that Eric/Nicole worked at so I get that part anyways.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Now we're going to be cursed with undead Abigail (who will be worshipped and adored by all and sundry in Salem) and it is BOTH of your faults!

I’m going to be sorry I asked given the millions of arisen from the dead characters…but how could Abigail be alive?!  Chad saw her dead body with multiple stab wounds.  

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It is a clunky name but I figured it was named after the church that Eric/Nicole worked at so I get that part anyways.

???  Can someone please explain why Sloan/Eric would name the baby after the church where both Eric and Nicole worked? At the time of the naming, Eric has no idea Nicole has anything to do with the baby, so why bring in a connection to Nicole?  

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Just shoot anyone!  Pull the trigger. Chad, Harris, Ava, all the talk instead someone shoot.  Why is this man still alive? 

Chad should have brought Stefan instead of asking Steve. Stefan shoots people! 

Eric admits he chose Jude's name for Nicole? Yet he still acts holier than thou. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Melinda was taunting E.J. about Eric and Nicole having an affair when the only reason they had sex was because of what's her name's tainted baked goods that Sloan was responsible for.

The Abigail thing will probably turn out to be one of those is she or isn't she deals

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Chad should have brought Stefan instead of asking Steve. Stefan shoots people!

And he doesn't TALK.  He just shoots!

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

He's been contrite about it before.

He was? Glad to hear it but I missed them. Who was with him at the time?

(edited)
15 hours ago, norcalgal said:

???  Can someone please explain why Sloan/Eric would name the baby after the church where both Eric and Nicole worked? 

In that case, I guess we should be grateful the church was just named after St. Jude.  Imagine what they'd call the kid if the parish was named, Mary, Queen of the Afflicted or St. George, Scourge of all Sinners or Sacred Bleeding Heart of Christ.  Even shorter names like Pudentia, Drogo, Dymphna and Polycarp would have been hard on the little tyke.  Eric is deeply weird.

You just know he/she'd have been made fun of at school.

Edited by boes
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Badger said:

Melinda was taunting E.J. about Eric and Nicole having an affair when the only reason they had sex was because of what's her name's tainted baked goods that Sloan was responsible for.

The Abigail thing will probably turn out to be one of those is she or isn't she deals

Sloan knew nothing about Talia and the biscuits, and she denounced Colin for it 

• Like 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And I agree with the other posters that Xander gave in far too easily about his mother.  Of COURSE Victoria deserves to have what Xander describes as a mean alcoholic in her life.  Sarah's ready to expose her baby to her without knowing a thing about her current circumstances.  How could that possibly be a bad idea?

I mean, Xander told Maggie that his mum would pull herself together from time to time and take him out for ice cream. She obviously taught him how to cook, he has some good memories of her but they are clouded by the bad. And Sarah said she would reach out to her and that perhaps she had changed over the last 30 years. I'm sure if she is a raging drunk on the phone she won't invite her. Probably Xander secretly wants to reconnect. Remember him giving his mum's bracelet to Sarah when MickeyRachel was ill and telling her his mother wore it to ward off illness? Sounds like there was some depth to her he is trying to forget.

Anyhow it does not matter how she gets to town or how much they have to contort his agreeing, she NEEDS to be in town to expose Theresa and that is why she is being introduced.

Speaking of...Brady (hears): Diverted funds from the true heir. Repeats said statement. Gets obvious line of bullshit from Kon and Theresa. Buys this. Bonks Theresa. Never change, Brady!!!

Thank God Julie has her brain back now Ron is writing for her. Glad Maggie sort of hinted to her that she doesn't need to worry. If Kon has to be married or deported tomorrow please let this be the end of him. I've had enough.

Enjoyed Chad and Lucas. Wish it was more about them than Harris and Ava.

Ron is clearly not that into Alex and Kristen eh? That was abrupt!

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Remember him giving his mum's bracelet to Sarah when MickeyRachel was ill and telling her his mother wore it to ward off illness?

Interesting. I missed that scene.

Anyhow it does not matter how she gets to town or how much they have to contort his agreeing, she NEEDS to be in town to expose Theresa and that is why she is being introduced.

I feel dumb admitting this but it didn't occur to me at all that Xander's mother would be tied into the paternity deception. But of course she would *slaps forehead*

So Lucas...didn't Clyde tell your mother that Will was alive? After everyone saw his dead body? (And didn't Ron write all that?)

BenAlex getting dumped by Kristen is pretty hilarious. I don't buy for a second though that he's pining away for Theresa and confessing his love in his sleep. Nice attempt at a rewrite Ron (just to abruptly push them back together) but we just saw him in therapy and there was no indication he longed for her.

Also, everything about Theresa today was completely contradictory...and all just to abruptly put her in bed with Brady.

Ron lacks finesse. (Understatement I know)

Ava, really now, if you were really a stress eater, you'd be 500 pounds.

Speaking of...Brady (hears): Diverted funds from the true heir. Repeats said statement. Gets obvious line of bullshit from Kon and Theresa. Buys this. Bonks Theresa. Never change, Brady!!!

Bonehead earns his rep yet again!

Enjoyed Chad and Lucas.

So did Chad......👀

He's basically begging for a gay storyline now.

So we get Abifail. Ugh.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ava, really now, if you were really a stress eater, you'd be 500 pounds.

Right? Why do they always have a slender actress be a “stress eater”? I’m not saying that it’s not possible to stress eat and still be slender but it is pretty rare.

I’ll admit that this bothers me more than a lot of other unrealistic tv things, probably because of my own experience. I used to stress eat. I did not stay slender. I wasn’t 500 lb but I have no doubt that if I hadn’t had a gastric bypass and changed my whole way of thinking about food that I would have gotten to 500 eventually.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

[Billy Flynn]'s basically begging for a gay storyline now.

He always has been! He has had more chem with pretty much every man he's ever interacted with than any woman he has lol. I really don't get why Ron doesn't go there. I think perhaps that's something someone above him doesn't want.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Badger said:

Talia and probably unpopular but I liked her and thought her and Jada had potential for an interesting sibling dynamic on this show. Colin(Sloane's brother) creeped me out but might've made a more interesting Johnny Dimera.

• Like 5

I finally, finally had a moment where I liked Kristen.  Telling lounge lizard Rico Suave aka Alex that she's just not "that into" him was gold.  

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Oh!  And that the butt ugly clock from the Horton mantelpiece finally bit the dust.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
21 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sloan knew nothing about Talia and the biscuits, and she denounced Colin for it 

Thank you. I stand corrected.  The only thing  I remembered about Colin is that he wanted Talia to seduce Chanel.

• Like 2
(edited)

Thursday ep…

Oh FFS.  Kristen is going to do whatever it takes to win back Brady. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. 

Idiot Alex walks into the Kiriakis mansion yelling for Theresa and when she doesn’t answers he says “Funny, Henderson said she was here.” Moron. The place is probably huge  and your yelling may not carry to all wings. Or outside to the pool or wherever.  

Friday…

John “reacting” to the Pawn card Kon shows him was hilarious. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
55 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Idiot Alex walks into the Kiriakis mansion yelling for Theresa and when she doesn’t answers he says “Funny, Henderson said she was here.” Moron. The place is probably huge  and your yelling may not carry to all wings. Or outside to the pool or wherever.  

There's really nothing going on inside his head lol.

• LOL 4

Satisfying episode today, liked how it all surrounded one plot and that Kon is finally denounced and on his way out of our collective lives. And I KNEW that he had something to do with that plane crash. So he has just confessed to murder, attempted murder, kidnapping....? They didn't need to set him up at all

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Sarah they cut to miss the wedding but Alex, Theresa and Bonnie her to attend?

Glad he's gone but I really still can't tolerate Maggie, this wedding is because she proposed to him with sound mind. Let him in the house, live there.  She fell for all his cons and lies ignoring everyone else including Xander wanting him away from his baby because she knew better always. 

Everyone else did see through him, but her.  Only reason she is all calling him a snake now is because 2 other people she refused to believe after they convinced her. 

I do like Xander, Brady and Justin together.  Brady judging why all weddings happen there like it's a little white wedding chapel. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I thought it was neat that Bonnie introduced herself to Mum Cook as the wife of his first cousin Justin, which is literally the only relationship which won't change when the truth is revealed.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 6/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I loved Talia. I'm still annoyed they dropped her.

I like to think she would return at some point since she's Jada's sister. I do wish we got to meet their mother though. I know Marcus is gone but it would've been nice to have some insight as to what their childhoods were like etc.  I like how polar opposite Jada and Talia were personality wise there was a lot of potential there. However, it seems the only black parent allowed on this show is Paulina.

19 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Poor Brady. His only two romantic options are Kritter or Theresa. Both terrible in their own ways.

I think I read on Twitter it's been almost two years since Brady had sex and that's wild to think about given how the character has had a variety of love interest through the years. I actually think the character's love life needed a rest but it's a soap so it wasn't going to last long. He's just much better in family stories and I rather they pivot to that with him than the endless string of women that go nowhere. I would've been fine with Brady/Chloe married and dealing with drama surrounding their kids. That's what soaps used to do after a character reached a certain age.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I watched all the day after episodes this week (will watch today’s tomorrow) and enjoyed most of the storylines. I’m just so over “X is not dead” happening every other week. Over it. Over it. Over it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Well that was a big finish!

Did everyone else already guess that Kon had arranged Victor's plane crash? It hadn't occured to me but it makes perfect sense.

...well, kinda. I mean, if he'd already killed Victor, would it have been necessary to also travel to the US to steal his money, kill his widow and also kill John and Steve?

I suppose those opportunities just presented themselves afterwards.  He didn't know John was the Pawn initially.

I guess he's on his way out, but I've really enjoyed the performance. He took his time today to process the fact that everyone there was against him. I liked that. The music was not helping though. And his "I killed Victor" confession wasn't the best delivery. But overall, he's been good.

I was pretty thrown by Suzanne's flippant "oh well, he wanted you to kill me? That's mildly disappointing" delivery. Maggie was still walking into a potentially lethal situation. Where's the gravity? Instead we have Maggie doing a toast as if this is fun for her? I struggle to believe that.

Did they cut some scenes? The jump from Kon snapping at Xander to the wedding was sudden.

I'm really surprised Kon didn't point the finger at Gwenresa once the money transfer thing came into play. Her framing him at Titan (with Alex's help?) to cut him out of getting any money might have crossed his mind. She clearly wasn't pleased to still be working with him and said so.

Judi Evans was wonderful today. Great expressions and delivery. Nice outfits too.

Cute meta line from Brady about all the cheapie livingroom weddings.

Anyone else notice how Marlena suddenly wasn't present for the climax of Maggie's plot after all these episodes of involvement and concern? Hmmmm.

Decent Theresa material with Brady today. If Kon dies, will her role in all this remain a secret?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

The less screen time shared by Dee and Suzanne the better. One of them can not hide their real life issues with the other. I was more confused as to the reasoning for Sarah to miss her mom's wedding and the reveal about her baby's kidnapping. Hopefully it is because she is getting a call from Mum Cook Kiriakis doing a RSVP. Once she's in town it doesn't matter whether Kon is dead, the secret will be out. 

Maggie already had her emotional reaction to learning Kon was going to kill her last month, so this was just confirmation.

Also felt we lost a moment between Kon and Xander there. Loved his chat with Bonnie though, and they are both over their respective crimes again each other.

It had crossed my mind that Kon caused Victor's crash. It makes sense

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well that was a big finish!

Did everyone else already guess that Kon had arranged Victor's plane crash? It hadn't occured to me but it makes perfect sense.

...well, kinda. I mean, if he'd already killed Victor, would it have been necessary to also travel to the US to steal his money, kill his widow and also kill John and Steve?

I suppose those opportunities just presented themselves afterwards.  He didn't know John was the Pawn initially.

I guess he's on his way out, but I've really enjoyed the performance. He took his time today to process the fact that everyone there was against him. I liked that. The music was not helping though. And his "I killed Victor" confession wasn't the best delivery. But overall, he's been good.

I was pretty thrown by Suzanne's flippant "oh well, he wanted you to kill me? That's mildly disappointing" delivery. Maggie was still walking into a potentially lethal situation. Where's the gravity? Instead we have Maggie doing a toast as if this is fun for her? I struggle to believe that.

Did they cut some scenes? The jump from Kon snapping at Xander to the wedding was sudden.

I'm really surprised Kon didn't point the finger at Gwenresa once the money transfer thing came into play. Her framing him at Titan (with Alex's help?) to cut him out of getting any money might have crossed his mind. She clearly wasn't pleased to still be working with him and said so.

Judi Evans was wonderful today. Great expressions and delivery. Nice outfits too.

Cute meta line from Brady about all the cheapie livingroom weddings.

Anyone else notice how Marlena suddenly wasn't present for the climax of Maggie's plot after all these episodes of involvement and concern? Hmmmm.

Decent Theresa material with Brady today. If Kon dies, will her role in all this remain a secret?

I highly doubt it. I think her role in the whole Konstantin affair is going to be exposed and everyone is going to know what she had done. But after that, who knows? As much as I would love for her to go to prison for a long time, I have a feeling that she's probably going to run out of town and go on the run for a while. If she does somehow stick around, she's probably going to wind up pregnant next and we're going to have a WTD storyline followed by a long protracted custody battle with either Alex or Brady for this new baby that she might have.

I hope either Alex or Brady sues for full custody of the kid and if they win, that they don't allow Theresa to have any contact or access to her baby unless she agrees to get her life together and actually grow up, (which I think is very highly unlikely at this point because I just don't think Theresa is redeemable and that ship has obviously sailed). 

Brady really should have agreed to take Tate when Theresa actually offered to give him to her before she left the last time; he would've been better off in the long run and he wouldn't also be exposed to his mother's toxic and nefarious influence. At least hopefully soon Tate's going to know what kind of person his mother really is and he will want nothing to do with her ever again. I mean, even with all his flaws, at least Brady is a decent human being. Theresa has no heart and no conscience; I don't even think she's an actual human being. 

Hopefully one of these days Days will finally decide to cut their losses with Theresa and she will wind up six feet underground, where she belongs. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Brady really should have agreed to take Tate when Theresa actually offered to give him to her before she left the last time; he would've been better off in the long run and he wouldn't also be exposed to his mother's toxic and nefarious influence.

I realize all this happened off-camera, but I think its still worth considering. When they wrote Theresa out, it was to raise her son with his grandparents, while looking after her own ailing grandmother and also helping her mom deal with cancer. Plus she was running her business. She was in no way a toxic influence. She sounds like a darn good role model for her son, frankly.

It's only because of the weird writers that they brought Theresa back and ignored her having any career and turned her back into a man-eating golddigger...even though that flew in the face of her character development and her coming from a wealthy family.

It never made any sense either, as was pointed out by fans here, that Eve popped up years ago as a struggling single Mom.

None of Shane's kids would be broke ever. He's loaded. So why do they keep having Theresa attempt to marry for money?

I'm not saying you have to like the character, but let's acknowledge that this latest arc was character sabotage from the word go.

We've literally watched Brady repeatedly relapse into substance abuse over and over, get into awful relationships with unstable women, including his own brother's on-again-off-again soulmate, and seemingly have no career goals.

I know we're discussing fake people here, but I definitely think Tate was better off with Theresa in LA.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
50 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Hopefully one of these days Days will finally decide to cut their losses with Theresa and she will wind up six feet underground, where she belongs. 

Is that how you really, really feel?

nana GIF

So sad, when Theresa has nothing but lovely things to say about you.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I realize all this happened off-camera, but I think its still worth considering. When they wrote Theresa out, it was to raise her son with his grandparents, while looking after her own ailing grandmother and also helping her mom deal with cancer. Plus she was running her business. She was in no way a toxic influence. She sounds like a darn good role model for her son, frankly.

It's only because of the weird writers that they brought Theresa back and ignored her having any career and turned her back into a man-eating golddigger...even though that flew in the face of her character development and her coming from a wealthy family.

It never made any sense either, as was pointed out by fans here, that Eve popped up years ago as a struggling single Mom.

None of Shane's kids would be broke ever. He's loaded. So why do they keep having Theresa attempt to marry for money?

I'm not saying you have to like the character, but let's acknowledge that this latest arc was character sabotage from the word go.

We've literally watched Brady repeatedly relapse into substance abuse over and over, get into awful relationships with unstable women, including his own brother's on-again-off-again soulmate, and seemingly have no career goals.

I know we're discussing fake people here, but I definitely think Tate was better off with Theresa in LA.

I know she had a lot of character development; I just wish it had stayed that way. I mean, it's not like I don't want her to be messy, but is it really impossible to write her still being messy and flawed while still maintaining some kind of character growth? Is that really too much to ask here? I can't help but think that Ron was super upset that he had to get rid of Gwen and he was basically saddled with Theresa and so he decided that he was going to ruin her so badly that people would be begging for Gwen to come back. And I think it's worked. 

I also think it's kind of sad that many fanfic writers actually do a much better job of writing Theresa than the actual writers do, and I've actually read a couple of them and they're really good. It just makes me so sad and angry because she's been my favorite character for so many years now and for her to be reduced to this... it's just pathetic.

And the worst part is that Ken Corday just doesn't seem to care about trying to fix the show anymore and he's more than content to just walk away and let it die a very slow and agonizing death. 

I honestly don't know why I keep torturing myself like this. For the sake of my own mental health, I just need to walk away and just be done with the show. I'm just about at that point where I'm pretty much ready to quit anyway. Maybe some part of me is desperate to find a way to fix the show and try to make it better. And also the other problem I have is that I care way too damn much and it's affecting me emotionally and psychologically. I actually have Peacock but I'm not going to waste a single minute on this godawful show. The only reason why I even have it is because Law & Order: Organized Crime is going to stream exclusively on there next season and I really like that show. It's so much better than Days. Days wishes that they were Organized Crime. 

I already took an extended hiatus back in 2016 after Jen Lilley left the first time. I think this time I'm going to take a permanent break and I'm not going to bother coming back. I'm done. I'm tired. Good luck to the cast and crew on Days because they're going to need it if they even have a chance in hell of continuing on after next September. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I know she had a lot of character development; I just wish it had stayed that way.

You and me both!

Too many characters have been run into the ground these last few years, so many of them women.

• Like 4