Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Whitley. She kidnapped Abe. Played by Kim Coles.

Wow of course I already forgot about that. Definitely her story was better unfortunately little did we know her love for Body and Soul would infect the rest of the show.

Connie is a waste of airtime and has no connections to anyone. At least Whitley didn't overstay her welcome. She was a short term villain the way it's supposed to be.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Well...... I liked the stuffed cats from the Whitely storyline, and I liked cardboard Li from the Connie storyline, pretty much equally.

If Show insists on this sorta thing, then I could also go for a cardboard Rafe, a stuffed Paulina and maybe a roomba refashioned to sound like Abe's chuckle.  No reason Ron C. couldn't build a storyline around those.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy the hell outta Connie. I enjoyed Whitley too though.

I, too, enjoy Connie and enjoyed Whitley.  I sympathized with Whitley a bit more, though, since they at least gave her a sympathetic backstory.

Connie's backstory (what little they've given us) is filled with zero sympathetic elements at all.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Which storyline do you guys think was better - the one with the crazy nurse (who could act), or this Connie plot?

Neither, but at least Connie offers a few laughs. 

And I blame the crazy nurse for all this B&S shit!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Stefan redeemed himself somewhat today with his Li trash talking. I liked the bit about how he and Gabi used to just laugh and laugh behind his back about what a loser he was.

Melinda glad the Connie is no Oppenheimer lol. She has been my favourite throughout this.

Guess we get one more Connie day Monday? Then can this plot be killed forever? Like poor Li.

Chad is such an easy mark for this grift. Ouch. Wonder if Mom Greene is Catharina. That would explain the John connection.

Gabi and Ava both owing their lives to the bros Dimera was an intersting counterpoint. Frankly I prefer Stefan with Ava. EJ and Gabi definitely have possibilities.

JUST RUN THE TEST YOURSELF KAYLA. What is the issue? Just do a private redo on your own.

Connie managed to get from the house to Ava's place in less than 2 minutes. Impressive.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

JUST RUN THE TEST YOURSELF KAYLA. What is the issue? Just do a private redo on your own.

She can't do it without Fabigail's consent. Because she is such a stickler for rules and laws. And also can't just ask Fabigail for her consent for some reason. Duh!

EJ saving Gabi 🥰

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

while I liked Whitley I hatted the plot.  Too much Paulina.   too much body and soul.  and it led to the current dreck.   I've got to say I was actually interested in the wrap up of the connie storyline even though I tired of connie herself.   Jada's face when she saw "lee" was gold.   and it didn't drag.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Given how bad GH has gotten (even my dedicated 77-year old mom barely seems to care anymore), this has actually been pretty good in comparison. 

I'm going to be positive- I also like that Kristen is doing normal mom things. I also like that Mark Green seems far less stiff than he was during his first few scenes, and I like that he's serving an actual purpose to the plot than to just be a cute doctor. I like that this plot with Mark and "Fabigail" ties into Clyde, and I'm glad that they got a good actress with ALM to pull this sort of thing off.

I also kind of got a kick in seeing Melinda Trask get to play the damsel in distress for once. I don't think either iteration of her has gotten to play that beat before.

3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I say let’s go full steam ahead with Gabi and EJ. 

The build up has been really good. Gabi feeling grateful towards EJ is a great move for this, if we're going there. EJ wanting to feel that hero worship for a bit? Yeah, I think this was a good move.

Frankly though, I also think that Stefan has better chemistry with Ava so if they're also laying the seeds for that, I'm in. I will say that I really think Tamera Braun is good at selling at pairings and it's why she's had a nearly 25-year soap career. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I say let’s go full steam ahead with Gabi and EJ. 

I think this works with this version of Gabi anyways. Of course she'll be tossed aside when Sami eventually returns but that's about it never mind that EJ's non Sami pairings are far more preferable(to me at least).

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It's sad to know Chanel and Johnny are going to have their love story swallowed up by Body & Soul. And (shudder) Alex. They are charming and deserve far better.

How the hell were the two ladies locked in a room in the basement with a bomb going off...and neither of them were gravely injured AND the house was unaffected??

This EJ/Gabi/Stefan/Ava quad is not appealing to me.

Nice ending with Connie and the lunatic music. Weird kiss on her part though.

2/3s of this show is unwatchable. ☹

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Very shocked that Melinda didn't want her D.A. job back.

I'm glad she didn't.  We don't need ANOTHER revolving door position and I'm hoping this gets her out of her bubble and interacting more with other people - especially since she seems so much more approachable now.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would prefer her less approachable, as she was for the first few years. She's not all that funny or interesting as a romantic lead.

She doesn't necessarily have to be a romantic lead.  We're always saying that Days does not do enough to promote actual friendship between characters.   If the plot hadn't been so stupid she was starting to develop a decent relationship with Sloane.  I think she could be a great friend character.  If she clicked with someone romantically, great.  If not, that's also OK.

Edited by DaphneCat
Spelling
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

I think Melinda could become an Ann Millbauer type character very easily now, after all the character has been through.  Ann didn't really fit the romantic type either, and her short attempt with a relationship with Lucas was a bust, but she was one of the best "friends" type character DOOL had in many years.  

I think she could do that type of character very well.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, boes said:

I think Melinda could become an Ann Millbauer type character very easily now, after all the character has been through.  Ann didn't really fit the romantic type either, and her short attempt with a relationship with Lucas was a bust, but she was one of the best "friends" type character DOOL had in many years.  

I agree. This show always needs someone who is not a love interest and not a Horton nor a Brady nor a Dimera and even not a Hernandez to be a sounding board for those characters and also call them out when needed. 

• Like 9

About today's show.... WOW!  I knew all the Body and Soul stuff would be bad but I never IMAGINED it could get THAT bad, THAT fast.  I imagine throwing out every soap opera cliche that exists is supposed to be "fun" or "campy" but it is not.  It's just monumentally insulting to anyone with even one working brain cell.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
18 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe Melinda and Lucas? Although their smush name would be Mucas and not good.

As for the Body and Soul stuff to think we have until May of next year....

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 7
3 minutes ago, sas616 said:

The only good thing about today's episode is that I could FF'd the entire episode giving me an extra hr. this morning before I had to get ready for a medical appt.

Yay for extra time boo to a Drs Appointment but that explains why nobody talked about Days on social media 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I didn't watch any of it, thanks to knowing what was coming.  

I don't know what Ron C. is trying to accomplish here.  It doesn't showcase any apparent affection he has for the soap genre, pretty much the opposite.  Odd, considering that writing for soaps has been his bread and butter.

Why he would think soap fans would enjoy being portrayed as ignoramuses, content to being amused by utter garbage storylines and characters, and soaps as one dimensional and hackneyed shows is beyond insulting, IMO.

If this is what he really thinks of soaps, then somebody needs to dump a bucket of water on his head while he's being carried off by flying monkeys.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

Hey, look at that, the decent storylines are back!

Sarah's frustrated reaction to Xander is so earned, and I love that. She's been bizarrely upbeat and chill about this for weeks, and seeing Xander bubble and fume and promise vengeance and get to be mad isn't fair...even though we all get why he's mad.

I still hate the way they're writing Fiona. I mean at this point, why keep her around? Everything has obviously gone wrong. Better to leave now that she's made a "good" impression than hang around. She could go back to wherever she came from and it would probably be the best ending to this for her.

Brady calling Eric's tone Pollyanna-ish was GOLDEN. 😄😄😄 How many years have we waited for that?

Holly and EJ suddenly being kindred spirits to this extent is a bit weird, even with her processing the revelations about Eric and Dan. Plot-motivated writing really does a number on new characters we're still trying to get a handle on. She takes drugs and ends up in a coma...but now hates addicts who have been super supportive of her as she's made mistakes? She rooted consistently for Eric to end up with her Mom while she was with EJ, but now feels like EJ is a great guy, mostly, in spite of lying and scheming to keep her and her mother under his roof? Oooookay.

Good chat with Eric and Brady.

How old is Fiona supposed to be? Seeing her with Maggie makes me think she's got the mannerisms of someone much younger when the ladies are probably within 10 years of each other.

Why would Olivia be making deliveries? She's clearly still in her waitress gear.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hey, look at that, the decent storylines are back!

Sarah's frustrated reaction to Xander is so earned, and I love that. She's been bizarrely upbeat and chill about this for weeks, and seeing Xander bubble and fume and promise vengeance and get to be mad isn't fair...even though we all get why he's mad.

I still hate the way they're writing Fiona. I mean at this point, why keep her around? Everything has obviously gone wrong. Better to leave now that she's made a "good" impression than hang around. She could go back to wherever she came from and it would probably be the best ending to this for her.

Brady calling Eric's tone Pollyanna-ish was GOLDEN. 😄😄😄 How many years have we waited for that?

Holly and EJ suddenly being kindred spirits to this extent is a bit weird, even with her processing the revelations about Eric and Dan. Plot-motivated writing really does a number on new characters we're still trying to get a handle on. She takes drugs and ends up in a coma...but now hates addicts who have been super supportive of her as she's made mistakes? She rooted consistently for Eric to end up with her Mom while she was with EJ, but now feels like EJ is a great guy, mostly, in spite of lying and scheming to keep her and her mother under his roof? Oooookay.

Good chat with Eric and Brady.

How old is Fiona supposed to be? Seeing her with Maggie makes me think she's got the mannerisms of someone much younger when the ladies are probably within 10 years of each other.

Why would Olivia be making deliveries? She's clearly still in her waitress gear.

Good show today. Line of the day was EJ asking Eric if he is sponging off of "Daddy's free wifi"?

I appreciate Xander fulfilling his wedding vows by being honest with Sarah, and I love that she knows him well enough to track him down to save him from himself (I hope). I also liked that she was cranky. She should be.

Enjoyed the EJ/Holly and Fiona/Maggie pairings. The non BS days feel like they are written by a different team of writers, don't they?

Serena Scott Thomas is 63 and Suzanne Rogers is 83, which works. I think Fiona was very young when Victor lured her into an affair. Paul Telfer is 44 and I figure Xander is around that too.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Line of the day was EJ asking Eric if he is sponging off of "Daddy's free wifi"?

It so was! LOL Dan had better get a nomination next year. He's earning it and then some.

I liked the various cliffhanger endings they gave us too. Go Sarah for following Xander to the park! 👏👏👏 Badass of her!

• Like 2
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Serena Scott Thomas is 63 and Suzanne Rogers is 83, which works. I think Fiona was very young when Victor lured her into an affair. Paul Telfer is 44 and I figure Xander is around that too.

That tracks. Thanks!

Hmmm. I kinda wish they had Maggie grapple with that a bit - Victor being a sleaze with women. If Fiona was in her early 20s when she bore Xander AND was already married to...Zeus or whatever Xander's NotDaddy's name was...what was her young adulthood even like? Or do the writers want us to assume she was late 20s/early 30s and more adult and just not do the math?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why would Olivia be making deliveries?

I think you mean Sophia.

Y'all, I skipped yesterday's episode because I knew it was all BS (which is a great way to describe Body and Soul...thanks @oftentimes), and then today I forgot I had skipped it and wondered why I hadn't watched yesterday, so I started watching it and got 10 minutes in before I remembered, lol. I ended up keeping it on for background noise while I worked, but yes, it really was excruciating. Is the whole soap just supposed to be Hattie, Bonnie, Alex, and Chanel? Where are the other characters/actors?? I guess they're just off-screen and never mentioned, lol. I just can't.

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

That tracks. Thanks!

Hmmm. I kinda wish they had Maggie grapple with that a bit - Victor being a sleaze with women. If Fiona was in her early 20s when she bore Xander AND was already married to...Zeus or whatever Xander's NotDaddy's name was...what was her young adulthood even like? Or do the writers want us to assume she was late 20s/early 30s and more adult and just not do the math?

Let's not forget that Isabella was 16 when Victor tried to seduce her. Actually we should try to forget that ....

Fiona may have been not much older and married to Titus, who we know nothing about 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

It really does feel like there are two sets of writers- those who wrote yesterday and today’s shows and those who write the god-awful Body and Soul shit. The only good thing so far, is they seem to be mostly keeping the B&S storylines to single eps I can ff through without missing much. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He....tried to seduce his own daughter?

🤢

Yepper, at her sweet sixteen party. He didn't know that she was his daughter then of course, just that she reminded him of her mom that he had banged back in the day. Fortunately, he never let it go too far, claiming 'something' stopped him. Not her age apparently, just the instinct that she was his. Barf.

So Fiona being 18 or 19 and seduced by him plays true to me. I also think she probably married Titus, also way older than her, to escape from her life in Scotland. I hope we get some background on her.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Since their names have been mentioned here lately, can someone explain why Eric & Holly are still on the show when Nicole is not?

• How do they explain Eric returning when he left with Nicole and their baby?
  • How do they explain why Holly is staying in town when her mom is gone?  [Or have they cynically stated Holly is so super close to Grandma Maggie so that's why she's still in Salem?  Hmmm, doesn't seem there's a sarcasm emoji in this forum.]

59 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Since their names have been mentioned here lately, can someone explain why Eric & Holly are still on the show when Nicole is not?

• How do they explain Eric returning when he left with Nicole and their baby?
  • How do they explain why Holly is staying in town when her mom is gone?  [Or have they cynically stated Holly is so super close to Grandma Maggie so that's why she's still in Salem?  Hmmm, doesn't seem there's a sarcasm emoji in this forum.]

Holly is now a senior at Salem High and did not want to move to Paris, so Nicole is allowing her to stay with Grandma Maggie. Which I personally do not find that farfetched because many parents have done something similar IRL. Though this is predicated upon the audience believing Holly has been living in Salem and attending school there for years.

Eric returned to Salem to give Brady some moral support after "his" car accident that injured Sarah. He is just visiting and Nicole "decided to stay in Paris because Jude has a cold."

• Like 3

I actually quite liked the Sophia/Fiona scenes.  Good way to integrate both more into the canvas, and it was good way to get to know Sophia a bit more.

Only now does Holly start seeing this situation from Tate's point of view.  Only now does she realize how much she's fucking up with him.

Sarah, please just cut your losses.  Having a wife and daughter doesn't automatically make somebody a better person.  Xander's latest scheme is proof of that.  He hasn't shed one evil quality of his.  He just pushed them all down for you.  And your mom.  You two will look like chumps if you keep taking him back every time that he does this.