Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Abishola and Kemi hatch a plan to keep Ebun and the new pastor’s flirtation from growing. Also, Bob is thrown for a loop when Goodwin leaves MaxDot for a better job at Christina’s company, on the fourth season premiere of the CBS Original series BOB ♥ ABISHOLA, Monday, Sept. 19 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

I guess they are moving away from Abishola being dressed in more traditional Nigerian clothing. I thought Chewpacabra's mother recently had hip surgery, she should even be out of bed, let alone walking without a cane.

Jonathan Adams as Pastor Falade
Nene Nwoko as Tiwa
118986_WB_0714bc.jpg
118986_WB_0743bc.jpg
118986_WB_0261bc.jpg
118986_WB_0393bc.jpg

Just some random thoughts from tonight's episode. Kemi trying to seduce that Pastor had me laughing. Abishola's mother looked really pretty at the church in her blue dress. And while it's nice having the show back, I wanted more Dele. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I loved it when Gloria got up and left.  Vernee Watson has such great delivery and timing.

I like watching her pretend to eat.  She's really good at it.

Dottie is a little too excited by her son risking his health multiple times for the sake of the company.  If he has a fatal heart attack, who does she think is going to rise up to save the company the way Bob did when his father died?

• Love 8
6 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Dottie is a little too excited by her son risking his health multiple times for the sake of the company.  If he has a fatal heart attack, who does she think is going to rise up to save the company the way Bob did when his father died?

That scene was so OTT I actually thought Bob was dreaming!  Then it kept going and I'm like "wait, he's not going to wake up and gasp?".  He needs a break for sure. Bad way to do it but it seems like in this family the only way to get anything for yourself is to bail like Christina did. Talking gets you nowhere as no one listens.  Unfortunately, that includes Bob.  Had he listened he would not have been surprised by Goodwin leaving. They all take everyone for granted.    

On a happier note - I really liked Abishola's yellow sweater and a lot of the outfits tonight!   I adore Gloria and that was my favorite scene followed by poor Dele 'cheating' on his study partner :-)

• Love 1

Billy is looking great, good for him! I hope that this means that Bob is taking a break or is going to delegate his work more, he deserves to not have the weight of the whole company on his shoulders. 

Christine slipping into Dottie mode was as hilarious as it was terrifying. I like that Christine really is maturing, but she turns back into her neurotic self pretty quickly, especially when her family gets involved. 

On 9/20/2022 at 10:18 AM, HurricaneVal said:

I loved it when Gloria got up and left.  Vernee Watson has such great delivery and timing.

"I don't want to have to testify." 

• Love 1

I know health wise it’s wonderful about the weight loss but I think he looks unwell.  Maybe it just takes getting used to when you are used to see someone one way. It seems this happens more to men that lose a lot of weight than to women. John Goodman. 
I’m not feeling the show so much this season. Will see what happens. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I know health wise it’s wonderful about the weight loss but I think he looks unwell.

He's diabetic and open about it. I figure the weight loss has to do with that and wanting to live longer. He did lose a lot pretty quickly; he may have had bariatric surgery, too.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

He's diabetic and open about it. I figure the weight loss has to do with that and wanting to live longer. He did lose a lot pretty quickly; he may have had bariatric surgery, too.

He did have bariatric surgery last year.  This article tells more about it:

https://www.etonline.com/billy-gardell-opens-up-about-his-impressive-weight-loss-and-how-hes-been-able-to-keep-it-off-191582

9 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I know health wise it’s wonderful about the weight loss but I think he looks unwell.  Maybe it just takes getting used to when you are used to see someone one way. It seems this happens more to men that lose a lot of weight than to women. John Goodman. 
I’m not feeling the show so much this season. Will see what happens. 

I don't think it's you, I've noticed this myself.  My husband just found out he is a diabetic a little over a month ago and has lost about 12 pounds so far.  He doesn't look the way Billy and John look but he doesn't have as much weight to lose as they did.  I think it has something to do with losing weight rapidly after a certain age and the skin not being elastic enough anymore so they end up looking droopy and even gaunt.  Women tend to lose weight more slowly plus have more bodyfat even at a normal weight than men so that might help keep them looking heathier.  Just a theory.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2