Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I like the subdued Sherri, but not necessarily the loud hyper Sherri that subbed for Wendy Williams. I’m looking forward to seeing what changes she makes when the talk show becomes hers. I’m expecting similarities due to the fact that she is using a lot of people who worked on her predecessor’s show (i.e. Norman, Suzanne etc). I expect her to be over the top in the beginning due to excitement, but hope in time she can tone it down. I read somewhere that she doesn’t plan to go deep or nasty on the celebrities she discusses. I hope it isn’t bland and she does get some exclusives. So best wishes to Sherri. I will start watching as my schedule allows and hope for the best. (I’m hoping she doesn’t bring the stylist over from the other show. I don’t want to see breasts and skirts slit up to there) 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

This woman has been dead to me since she decided she didn’t want the child she helped create once she and her husband got divorced.  The surrogate was already pregnant and she was just like, nah, I don’t want it anymore.  Of course, I think she also said at one time that the earth may be flat so not super surprised she doesn’t understand how motherhood works, biologically or not.  Ever since that happened I have looked on this person as nothing but trash.  But good luck on your new show I guess.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2022 at 4:42 PM, mostlylurking said:

This woman has been dead to me since she decided she didn’t want the child she helped create once she and her husband got divorced.  The surrogate was already pregnant and she was just like, nah, I don’t want it anymore.  Of course, I think she also said at one time that the earth may be flat so not super surprised she doesn’t understand how motherhood works, biologically or not.  Ever since that happened I have looked on this person as nothing but trash.  But good luck on your new show I guess.

Same. I can’t believe she was given a show after all that. Shame on her.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I don't like what Sherri did either with her unborn child, and was surprised that she got the show too. But just like the others that supposedly were "approved" by WW to fill in for her, Sherri wasn't/isn't afraid to speak her mind (flat earth and all). 

In a way it's probably a good thing that Sherri isn't intimidated because according to gossip news, WW has her talking shit about Sherri since Sherri's show was first announced. Sometimes it takes one to know one.

• Love 2

TMZ caught Sherri coming out of a restaurant (?) and asked her what advice she was given by Oprah about hosting a talk show. TMZ has viewers call in and one of them said "Sherri has some really big shoes to fill because WW is an icon..." Blah blah blah.

So which is it? Did Sherri "take over" the WW show? Or did Sherri get her own talk show? Debmar Mercury hired Sherri.

Sherri guest hosted for WW many times as well as others. If any of the other guest hosts got offered the deal for a new talk show with their name on it, they would have jumped on it too. Except maybe Rappaport. 

There will now be Sherri haters (I might end up being one of them. Too soon to tell)  who should probably go sign up for WW podcast. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Today's premier show. I wonder why DJ Sussone is gone. Also wish she would still interact with Norman. But that's just my wish list. 

It's the first episode so I'll give it time. Even that thoroughbred at the Kentucky Derby that gets off to a slow start can end up winning. 

I won't be watching Jennifer Hudson. She is too loud. Even when she sings I feel like she's yelling at me. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I couldn't take Sherri as a fill-in for Wendy - her "I'm man hungry!" spiel got tired after the 2-3 time she used it and she used it A LOT. However, I tuned in today for the first show to see if the show was just going to clone TWWS with this new host. They didn't go there but it was pretty mundane - no new ground broken. At least they learned a lesson from TWWS - this is not a live broadcast. There were many problems with letting Wendy's show air in real time and I'm sure no one wants that headache anymore.

I can say that I didn't find myself cringing during her opening monologue like I did when Sherri hosted for Wendy and actually laughed twice but I bailed after 30 minutes from lack of interest on the two guests, but I may pop in every once in a while to see if becomes "so bad it's good". Did anyone see Suzanne or Norman?

Edited by patty1h
  • Like 2

The only reason I stuck with watching WW for the past 5+ years was due to my passion for watching (figuratively) a train wreck. It wasn't because WW was providing a fun, compelling talk show. SHE was the entertainment.

So I think Sherri will do ok. As far as not seeing any interaction with Norman or Suzanne, maybe their contract with Debmar Mercury won't allow it? There's so much we don't know. Yet.

• Like 1

Did I see DJ SussOne today or am I imagining this?

JMO, Sherri needs to amp up the "celebrity news" segment. It's boring. WW stoled "hot topics" from The View so why can't Sherri keep the Hot Topics going? 

Sherri was much more interesting/fun when she guest hosted for W.  I  better be captivated in the first 15 minutes or I might not be back. And there are/were so many great ideas that the Sherri Show could have given us. I just don't get why this show is so.....BLAH. So far.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Did I see DJ SussOne today or am I imagining this?

JMO, Sherri needs to amp up the "celebrity news" segment. It's boring. WW stoled "hot topics" from The View so why can't Sherri keep the Hot Topics going? 

Sherri was much more interesting/fun when she guest hosted for W.  I  better be captivated in the first 15 minutes or I might not be back. And there are/were so many great ideas that the Sherri Show could have given us. I just don't get why this show is so.....BLAH. So far.

She had her own deejay today. His name was on the screen, but I didn't pay any attention to it...because like you, I'm not sure I want to continue watching.

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Love 2

Going by their Instagram accounts, Suzanne and Norman are still producers of this show. I just wish Sherri would interact more with Norman. He's fun, upbeat and knows so much gossip about celebs. 

Oh well. I'm still glad WW is gone. That in itself makes me happy even if I'm disappointed (so far) in the Sherri show.

It's possible Debmar- Mercury had a lot of say in how this new show was going to be produced. So I can't blame Sherri for what has been presented to us. If Sherri had turned down the opportunity, we'd probably be watching the Leah Remini show.

ETA: I watched the credits at the end of the show. Definitely saw Suzanne Bass as exec producer. Didn't see Norman Baker listed. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 2

I liked todays show. Loved the model with vitiligo. Liked the fashion designer's runway show. And the tribute Sherri gave to her recently deceased friend/comedian/producer David Arnold. 

Just saw Norman's name in the the credits. I think he is listed as a supervising producer or something like that. Glad he's still on board.

• Love 2

I caught a bit of the show today as well and liked the parts that Chenoa did. The models name is Winnie Harlow. 
Unfortunately I missed most of the fashion show. I was making a grandkid breakfast. I just caught the outfit that was solid black with a sliver belt. It was underneath a black and white coat. Very chic. 
I still really miss the Hot Topics and wish Sherri would step up her game with them. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Spelling counts
  • Love 2
On 9/15/2022 at 3:46 PM, Mindthinkr said:

I caught a bit of the show today as well and liked the parts that Chenoa did. The models name is Winnie Harlow. 
Unfortunately I missed most of the fashion show. I was making a grandkid breakfast. I just caught the outfit that was solid black with a sliver belt. It was underneath a black and white coat. Very chic. 
I still really miss the Hot Topics and wish Sherri would step up her game with them. 

I loved Hot Topics, the Cooking segments, and Trendy at Wendy.  Why doesn’t Sherri have things like that?  For the first twenty minutes, it’s like she’s on stage from the little I’ve seen.  Then again, I haven’t watched this week.

Sherri likes to stay in the positive zone and that gets boring. She needs a standing panel to come on each day and dish the dirt and then she can do her cherry interviews. It wouldn’t hurt for Sherri to turn off the comic during the food segments.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2022 at 6:32 PM, chenoa333 said:

TMZ caught Sherri coming out of a restaurant (?) and asked her what advice she was given by Oprah about hosting a talk show. TMZ has viewers call in and one of them said "Sherri has some really big shoes to fill because WW is an icon..." Blah blah blah.

So which is it? Did Sherri "take over" the WW show? Or did Sherri get her own talk show? Debmar Mercury hired Sherri.

Sherri guest hosted for WW many times as well as others. If any of the other guest hosts got offered the deal for a new talk show with their name on it, they would have jumped on it too. Except maybe Rappaport. 

There will now be Sherri haters (I might end up being one of them. Too soon to tell)  who should probably go sign up for WW podcast. 

I have a feeling this show won’t last.  Like Nick Cannon.  Comedians are usually too loud and talk rapid.  I don’t find them soothing for a morning show.  Wendy was great in the beginning.  Calm, drinking her tea, good guests, selling stuff, cooking .. I meant eating, etc.  Then, things went south.  I meant rapidly up there.

• Like 1
On 9/19/2022 at 10:37 AM, kristen111 said:

I have a feeling this show won’t last.  Like Nick Cannon.  Comedians are usually too loud and talk rapid.  I don’t find them soothing for a morning show.  Wendy was great in the beginning.  Calm, drinking her tea, good guests, selling stuff, cooking .. I meant eating, etc.  Then, things went south.  I meant rapidly up there.

Sherri seems overwhelmed with it all and she is not interesting enough to carry a show on her own. I wish that Sherri would dial it back a bit, just relax and have fun.  The show needs a shot in the arm in order to get people watching if not then her show will get cancelled.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Sherri seems overwhelmed with it all and she is not interesting enough to carry a show on her own. I wish that Sherri would dial it back a bit, just relax and have fun.  The show needs a shot in the arm in order to get people watching if not then her show will get cancelled.

There was a whole page of her new show in today’s Newsday, a Long Island paper.  She is very adamant that her show will be successful.  She has been dreaming her whole life to have her own show, now it is here.  She has to amp up her segments by selling, going into the audience and have good guests on.  No more comedy.  It’s getting stale.  Tone it down a little.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are diehard Wendy fans, and  I am guessing, they won’t be tuning in. 

That is true. I'm glad WW is gone however, I'm so far, not much liking the Sherri Show. Or Jennifer Hudson. Nor do I like Kelly Clarkson's show or Drew Barrymore.

I've watched all of them and for me, this whole "daytime talk show" circus has gotten repetitive and boring. They're all the same, just different hosts. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

I really want to give Sherri a chance but she is too loud. I hope the show gets better.

Who is the guy that is there with her and why do we need so much of him?

I'm guessing he's maybe a dj? I'd rather see Norman but I think Norman and Suzanne are glad they can just do their jobs of show producers and not have to be clowns on camera like Wendy had them be. 

I can find other things to do at 11 a.m. weekdays than watch talk shows. Thankfully there's I.D. true crime and Bravo. 😊

• Love 2

I saw a few commenters say that they miss Hot Topics.  That was the main reason that I tuned in to TWWS, but I wonder if Sherri is not doing a Hot Topics because it was a the lead-in main feature of every TWWS, one that viewers loved and looked forward to and was entertaining, but others could see it as "stealing" one of Wendy's segments and that Sherri can't be original.

The only other reason I can think of is that Sherri wants to be neutral on the celebrity front - it could be hard to get guests if you were dogging them the day before.  

• Like 3
8 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

That is true. I'm glad WW is gone however, I'm so far, not much liking the Sherri Show. Or Jennifer Hudson. Nor do I like Kelly Clarkson's show or Drew Barrymore.

I've watched all of them and for me, this whole "daytime talk show" circus has gotten repetitive and boring. They're all the same, just different hosts. 

I'm not big on fluff shows even when I like the person. Thank God for DVR--I usually fast forward and stop whenever something looks interesting or there's a guest I like rather than watching a full show. I record Kelly Clarkson's show because I'm a huge fan of hers, but mostly I watch her opening cover and then delete. If any of the new shows actually go on to be successful the way Ellen and Wendy Williams were, I hope it's the Jennifer Hudson Show if it can only be one. You never can tell what will take off. I really thought Queen Latifah's show would've lasted longer than it did, considering how likable she is

I like Sherri Shepherd fine and I wish her well--Lord knows she has bills to pay--but I've never been a big fan. That said, I'm just so glad Wendy Williams is gone from TV. I watched Wendy Williams' early seasons--I loved that her show would be on The Soup nonstop (I miss The Soup with Joel McHale... :( )--but she had turned utterly rancid at least a decade ago. I think I tuned out around the 2012-13 area.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, patty1h said:

but I wonder if Sherri is not doing a Hot Topics because it was a the lead-in main feature of every TWWS, one that viewers loved and looked forward to and was entertaining, but others could see it as "stealing" one of Wendy's segments and that Sherri can't be original.

Wendy admits she stole her Hot Topics idea from The View. So why can't Sherri just keep it going? That was always the only part of the WW show that I watched as well. And I also liked Celeb Look a Likes. 

• Love 3

Looks like this thread is already on it's way to being dead. But before I go, I just wanted to comment on Sherri giving away her Oprah birthday flowers to her audience. Stunning flower arrangement (what else would Oprah give!) and glad Sherri did that. 

I liked the interview with Tyler Perry.  I still don't know who the guy is that talks to Sherri throughout the show. I don't care for him. But I will occasionally watch to see if this show makes it. I do wish her success. I know I'm alone in my opinion. 

• Love 2
On 9/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, chenoa333 said:

I thought Sherri’s show was loud … then along came Jennifer Hudson.  OMG.

• LOL 5
On 9/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, chenoa333 said:

I will occasionally watch to see if this show makes it. I do wish her success. I know I'm alone in my opinion. 

You're not.  The show still has a few kinks to work out but I like it....I find myself humming that damned theme song on the regular, lol.

As for Jawn Murray; I knew I remembered him for somewhere, he is or used to be an entertainment journalist of pop culture and stuff.  I do wish Norman could be the one speaking with her during Hot Topics.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

You're not.  The show still has a few kinks to work out but I like it....I find myself humming that damned theme song on the regular, lol.

As for Jawn Murray; I knew I remembered him for somewhere, he is or used to be an entertainment journalist of pop culture and stuff.  I do wish Norman could be the one speaking with her during Hot Topics.

His name should be Yawn Murray! I miss Norman. He just has that rare je ne sais quoi!  

• Love 4
On 9/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, chenoa333 said:

His name should be Yawn Murray! I miss Norman. He just has that rare je ne sais quoi!  

I wonder why Norman didn't keep his on-camera spot. His interactions with Sherri and Wendy (before she went senile or back on substances allegedly!) were much more natural.

I like the show so far. Don't always stick around for the interviews and I also wish she'd dial back on the shouting, stand up routine act and ass kissing guests ("I'm fumbling my words cus I'm so excited! Every other segment!"), but she's a natural talker and (unlike the host of the steaming pile of garbage show she's replaced) she's funny without being a mean-spirited bitch. I read that her ratings are doing well so far.

Another plus: no badmouthing her exes or "layin' it low and spreadin' it wide" for most of the male guests as much as she used to. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2022 at 10:10 PM, rmcrae said:

I wonder why Norman didn't keep his on-camera spot. His interactions with Sherri and Wendy (before she went senile or back on substances allegedly!) were much more natural.

Norman likely isn't on camera because that would make the "Sherri" show more like the "WW" show. But she does have the warm up guy (I think that is what he does??) so why not have Norman??

The show would be so much better with Norman!!

• Like 4

First Sherri opened with a description of the show, Dahmer, that she stayed up to 3:30am watching. Please don’t. It was enough that you said the series was disturbing on so many levels, but I did not need to hear you talk about the heinous things he did to animals. I’m sparing y’all any details. 

She congratulated Nick Cannon on his 10th child and mentioned he has #11 on the way. Stop being supportive of this jerk. There’s not enough quality time to have with any of them as there are so many baby mamas. Six I think. He’s not a Duggar or living in a Sister Wives situation. Let’s stop glorifying Stars doing crap things. 

Tyra Banks is her guest. I’ll be back if anything interesting happened. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

First Sherri opened with a description of the show, Dahmer, that she stayed up to 3:30am watching. Please don’t. It was enough that you said the series was disturbing on so many levels, but I did not need to hear you talk about the heinous things he did to animals. I’m sparing y’all any details. 

She congratulated Nick Cannon on his 10th child and mentioned he has #11 on the way. Stop being supportive of this jerk. There’s not enough quality time to have with any of them as there are so many baby mamas. Six I think. He’s not a Duggar or living in a Sister Wives situation. Let’s stop glorifying Stars doing crap things. 

Tyra Banks is her guest. I’ll be back if anything interesting happened. 

Nick Cannon is sick in his head and dragging innocent children into his dysfunction.  He is a selfish jerk, the end!

I wish that the Jeffrey Dahmer case was not being rehash via the movies. It was disturbing finding out the details in real life when his crimes came to light. My heart goes out to his victims and their families who have to hear people like Sherri speak about their lifetime of pain.. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4

Speaking of the Drew Barrymore show here n there, I’ve been watching all her movies, and she looks gorgeous with hair done and makeup and great clothes.  Why she looks like a bag lady on her show is beyond me.  She dresses frumpy and old laddish.  WTF?    P.S.  Sherri has not quieted down at all.  Never will.  I just can’t with her.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
On 10/11/2022 at 2:27 PM, chenoa333 said:

Major League Baseball on today instead of Sherri. Do I care? NO! Lol.

GO YANKEES !!!!    When I was a kid 100 years ago, I had a shoebox fullof baseball cards of the greats.  Of course, my Mother the clean freak, threw them in the garbage pail.  

• Sad 1

I loved seeing Pia Toscano on the show the day before last, I haven't really seen her booked anywhere else on TV even though she has an album out this week, but maybe she'll show up more places next week. How weird though that you could see Sherri standing off to the side several times as she was singing. A little awkward.

I'm glad Loni Love was on the same episode since I recorded the episode, Loni's always great.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 2

Another thing Sherri needs to work on is not spending the majority of Hot Topics talking about herself. On Monday she talked about being in a bad mood because her son Jeffrey was mad that he had to spend his day off from school at the studio with her rather than sleeping in and she wasted a good ten minutes complaining about how he dragged his feet and called Niecy Nash behind her back to complain, etc. Granted her rant wasn't as incoherent as Wendy's nonsensical ramblings, but it was just as self-centered and boring to sit through. Get to the stories, girl. 

Norman made an appearance on yesterday's show. Hope we see him again.

On 10/13/2022 at 1:13 AM, TheGreenKnight said:

I loved seeing Pia Toscano on the show the day before last, I haven't really seen her booked anywhere else on TV even though she has an album out this week, but maybe she'll show up more places next week. How weird though that you could see Sherri standing off to the side several times as she was singing. A little awkward.

I'm glad Loni Love was on the same episode since I recorded the episode, Loni's always great.

She was backstage with Adrienne and Israel's baby when they appeared as guests the other day. Makes me miss The Real even more.

• Love 2
On 10/14/2022 at 10:09 PM, rmcrae said:

She was backstage with Adrienne and Israel's baby when they appeared as guests the other day. Makes me miss The Real even more.

I would have love to have seen all of the ladies of the real discuss Adrienne's journey to have her son..

• Love 1
On 10/14/2022 at 7:09 PM, rmcrae said:

Another thing Sherri needs to work on is not spending the majority of Hot Topics talking about herself. 

Amen to THAT! Hot Topics needs more hot topics. It's NOT a Wendy thing. It's what we want more of and Sherri isn't bringing it. 

• Love 2
On 10/25/2022 at 2:50 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

I don't mind Sherri talking about herself

I don't mind it either. All of the talk show hosts do it including Kelly Clarkson, Jimmy Kimmel. 

If SS would do a longer, better segment of Hot Topics and included Norman, I would watch frequently. But as it is now, I don't care if I see her or not.

• Love 1