Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Falls

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

I figured it would end with Gina's husband and one of them, together. At least, temporarily. But isn't he harboring a criminal? Oh wait, the sheriff said she couldn't prove which one of them had done something. 

Edited by Anela

Well, that was pretty bad but good-bad in a lot of ways I guess? That green screen at the big climactic fight at the falls was awful. Too funny.

Poor Claudia!

Karen Robinson is fun as hell -- she was pretty much the one spot of joy in the whole thing, so at least there was that!

The casting for Young Dylan and Young Jack was really bizarre -- neither looked anything like Jonathan Tucker and Matt Bomer.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Okay, the ending sucked!  Why did they end it that way?  The story doesn't really have enough "story" left for any more than another one or two episodes, definitely not a season, so why couldn't they just give it a definitive ending?  It's really frustrating for me to spend the time to watch a show, spend a few hours out of my weekend on it, and then get such an ambiguous finish.

Both of the husbands were kind of slimy, honestly especially Charlie the dishonorable therapist.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

This was billed as a limited series so I expected a better resolution. It seemed like when they shot that they intended to do more so Netflix must have decided before it even aired to not let it continue. Which makes sense lol.

I feel like what bothered me most was them casting an actress 10 years younger than Michelle Monaghan to play the twins older sister. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
On 8/21/2022 at 3:56 PM, gesundheit said:

The casting for Young Dylan and Young Jack was really bizarre -- neither looked anything like Jonathan Tucker and Matt Bomer.

Agree - that really bugged me.  Surely they could have found young actors who bore SOME resemblance to the adult actors.

• Like 5
On 8/22/2022 at 4:26 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like what bothered me most was them casting an actress 10 years younger than Michelle Monaghan to play the twins older sister. 

Ali Stroker was completely wasted on this show. As was nearly every other actor.

The buildings in Mount Echo certainly go up in flames extraordinarily quickly. The entire town is a tinder box.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:56 PM, gesundheit said:

That green screen at the big climactic fight at the falls was awful. Too funny.

I know! They're supposedly in a river near a waterfall and a strong current, but they can stand in it and chat for 10 minutes?

News flash, Sheriff Floss: Both twins are troubled. 

I hope there's not a second season. This one was a bust.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

That was mediocre at best, it did hold my interest until the end so I’ll give it that. 
I think I kept track on which twin did what shitty thing. I think. I missed who killed Dylan.  Leni? And why did Gina torch his truck? There was a lot of pyrotechnics in this show. I also missed how Gina got to the hospital for the worlds fastest miscarriage.

The ending was meh. If there is a second season I won’t watch. I don’t know what else these psycho twins have left to prove. 

• Like 1

I think the gimmick of them switching lives can only work once, unless the show decides to go back in time, and since the audience already knows, where's the suspense? I like all of the actors, but they were wasted in a weak story. I doubt I'd watch a second season.

I found this good, ridiculous fun up until this last episode, which dragged on forever.  And that green screen at the river was terrible!  What happened there?  And why did Gina miscarry and end up in the hospital?  Was it supposed to be from the stress of Dylan's death?  That was just random and unexplained.  I too thought Claudia was their younger sister so they really did a bad job casting there.  Also, what was with the lion statues?  Was the charm they found in the church a lion?  That was the most random, throwaway line.  And I like how Charlie was all, "Well, there's a good chance the twin I'm hanging out with is a murderer.  Oh wells." at the end there. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Also, what was with the lion statues?  Was the charm they found in the church a lion?  That was the most random, throwaway line.  

Yea, it was a lion. They showed their mom giving Leni and Gina charms for their bracelets when they were kids. Leni got a lion because that was what her mom called her. That's how Floss figured out Leni was in the church that night.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

And I like how Charlie was all, "Well, there's a good chance the twin I'm hanging out with is a murderer.  Oh wells." at the end there.

"At least I get to fuck one of them." Charlie is the worst on a lot of levels.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I enjoyed this show, ridiculous as it is, up until this episode when they decided to throw in all that silly action. There seems to be an assumption in Hollywood that action is automatically interesting, but that assumption is incorrect. Sometimes it's just getting in the way of more interesting stuff. And why they're trying to make this story go a second season, I don't know.

But Floss is just the best, and they should do a spin-off where she solves crimes weekly, and I would watch the shit out of that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Um, Gina, you're trying to open a locked window.  Turn the latch, okay? Then again she apparently had sex in the church with her underwear on.  Smart enough to fool so many people for so long, but she really fails at simple things. 

Some other great moments - the twisted ankle of contrivance, Gina not calling the ambulance while dad pontificated - she could still place a call to 911; dad leaving the door ajar while he drowns mom; dad being automatically dry when he goes into the girls' room; the first shot of Gina in the water when the bottom of her legs didn't match up to the water; "You are her, and not her. Fuck."; the ridiculous ending where we are led to believe both sisters are now in LA; Charlie wrote a book and people actually come to a reading (I enjoyed the man in the middle of the front row who clapped twice then folded his arms over his chest - he was not impressed). 

The whole story was a convoluted mess. 

Mount Echo's motto - no matches allowed.  This place is a tinderbox. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Then again she apparently had sex in the church with her underwear on. 

I know! I have no trouble with actors who don't want to do nude scenes, but then it's on the director to block things properly.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

All of these dramatics and there was not a single explanation for "Leni's" regular diner order. That was one weird ass plate of food.....

Oh, and how can I forget Charlie's "I never judged. I watched.... So I could get everything I needed to write a bestseller which I also hope to option as a movie one day." Such a saint. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

If he judged, he'd have to judge how screwed up it was of him to switch wives every year and not say a word.

He'd better hope he stays on the twins' good side, because I think they could get his license revoked (if he's still a therapist) for unethical behavior. And if he's not still a therapist, make sure the house has working and plentiful smoke detectors. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Of all the implausible, ridiculous things about this series, for some reason it bothered me most in this episode that there were two horses, conveniently fully tacked up, just waiting to be ridden and exactly where the twins needed them.  

How did the cops lose Leni after the deputy baited her with the stolen evidence?   Stupid. 

Charlie is nuts.  

I love how neither of these ladies gave a shit about the fact that Mattie, Claudia and Jack are all now homeless.  They didn't even try to stop the fire or call the fire department.  

"Do you think Jack will get Mattie??"  Uh ... yeah, Leni.  Yes, I think you're not getting custody of your kid now.  Leni really is delusional, lol.  

• Like 2

OK, so I did find this series to be mindlessly entertaining, in its own ridiculous way.  But, issues....so many issues:

• Nothing we saw indicated that the father saw either of the young girls watch him drowning the mom.  He even came into their room and saw no signs that they had been awake, let alone right outside the bathroom.  Yet he somehow concluded that Gina saw him.  And why on earth did he conclude it was Gina? 
  • And Gina stated as simply a matter of fact, after she learned the truth from Leni, something like "Dad thought I saw it, and then I became Bad Gina."  I don't see the connection.  Gina didn't see it; she didn't know anything about it until Leni told her.  So how could an event that she wasn't aware of, make her turn into Bad Gina?  I don't buy that the writers/show thinks that it was just her dad's perspective that turned her into Bad Gina.
  • Why would young Leni have gotten out of bed just because she heard bath water splashing?  That's what water sounds like when people take a bath, something that is not unusual.  And why on earth wouldn't he have closed the door all the way?
  • Given how hard the dad was holding on to mom when drowning her, there would have been many suspicious bruises on her body.
  • OMG the heat and smoke from that house fire would have completely overwhelmed them, but there they were cavorting around the house like nothing else was going on. 
  • And why on earth did Gina run upstairs instead of out a door, which apparently was possible, since that's what Leni did many minutes later. 
  • If you notice, when Leni ran out of the house, she was shielding herself with her arm. like in protection from the fire...but because the fire was CGI, there wasn't actually any fire to protect herself from at that time it was filmed, and then the CGI fire didn't even end up coming near the door where she exited, so it just made it more stupid that she was trying to shield herself from the non-existent fire as she left but did nothing about protecting herself from the "actual" (CGI) fire that had been in the house.
  • Why was Leni trying to kill Gina?
  • When I watched the scene when the older sister fell/was pushed, I saw nothing to indicate that one twin did it more than the other.  Yet the fact that Leni supposedly did it was some big deal.
  • My biggest issue...multiple times when they were younger, we saw one twin (I guess Leni) say, when something bad happened and blame was at hand, that we need to switch.  I don't get that....if Leni did something wrong, then 'switching' would mean that Leni would still be blamed, but it would actually be Gina inhabiting the Leni body that is being blamed.  So how does that make any difference at all?  It would at least make some sense if they meant for some reason to have Gina actually take the blame for what Leni did, but that is not what they meant by 'switching'.  
On 9/7/2022 at 9:13 AM, SlovakPrincess said:

How did the cops lose Leni after the deputy baited her with the stolen evidence?   Stupid. 

That really made no sense whatsoever. Although I did like the twist of the deputy being in on it...I did not see that coming.

• Love 1