Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Dancehall It Out

• Start Topic

While newlyweds Sergio and Caroline Stanbury are in post-wedding bliss, Caroline Brooks is feeling dismissed and judged by Sara; Ayan and Nina try to bring Sara and Brooks to an understanding, but leave things worse than before.

Airing Wednesday, August 3, 2022.

• Useful 1

Half way through the episode and Caroline Stansbury has had zero interaction with her co-star. Just with her husband’s lap.

Does no one want to be around her?

Here she is now at the dance class, so I guess she got off her husband’s lap.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Even though I still found myself zoning out at times during this episode, I actually thought this was a step up. Probably because there were more scenes of the women together, having fun? I thought I'd hate the dancehall stuff, but it was nice to have a moment of lightness and it seemed to allow Brooks and Sarah to stop taking their argument so seriously. (Though after seeing the Brooks scene with her ex, I feel like I understand her sensitivity more--I'm sure it was really hard to leave that relationship and then basically raise Adam on her own. I didn't realize how young she was at the time either.)

I also rolled my eyes initially at the "Meet the Carrallos" stuff, but I came around on it. Nice to see Stanbury laughing. 

Ayan eating that Ethiopian food on her own in that giant feather duster gown made her the MVP once again. If this show gets cancelled, I hope Bravo finds something else to do with her. 

• Love 10

I have to admit, after the 1st episode I really didn't like Ayan, but she makes this show. I think she is funny and her "I am so gorgeous" are her just being silly and sarcastic. Her outfits are over the top, which I am sure her designer friend lends her. Her son is adorable, although I wish he would get rid of all that hair that blocks his handsome face. Never liked Standbury, and the others are just boring in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10

This was a whole lot of nothing

Ayan should be tired of dragging all the extra fabric around? Does she not own a pair of jeans. I guess she is just a fashionista who never relaxes or takes a break from her job. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I feel like we are being punked by Bravo with this “show”. I have tried to struggle through and just can’t do it any more.  Deleted from DVR

I feel ya, last episode was  snoozefest. A whole lot of nothing happening. 

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Stanbury better look out. Her teen daughter was positively flirting with Sergio. 😮

I didn’t notice if she was flirting, but I did notice she’s on as much as a full time housewife. Does Caroline imagine she has another Gigi Hadid?  She is a beautiful girl but I don’t need to see her every episode. 

2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I have to admit, after the 1st episode I really didn't like Ayan, but she makes this show. I think she is funny and her "I am so gorgeous" are her just being silly and sarcastic. Her outfits are over the top, which I am sure her designer friend lends her. Her son is adorable, although I wish he would get rid of all that hair that blocks his handsome face. Never liked Standbury, and the others are just boring in my opinion. 

I have to say this was the first time I enjoyed Ayan.  She seemed genuinely distressed at the arguing in the Ethiopian restaurant, and then she was pretty funny when she was muttering and eating her food alone. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I'm sure Chanel is borrowing the over the top gowns from her designer friend to show them off on tv, but she needs to wear something more appropriate for the occasion.  We all from time to time over dress for an occasion, but this is ridiculous!

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Half way through the episode and Caroline Stansbury has had zero interaction with her co-star. Just with her husband’s lap.

Does no one want to be around her?

Here she is now at the dance class, so I guess she got off her husband’s lap.

I’m surprised he didn’t go to the dance class too.   He seems to be every where she is.  

3 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Stanbury better look out. Her teen daughter was positively flirting with Sergio. 😮

I confess I’ve thought the same a few times.   Caroline better watch out when Sergio has to wheel her around in a wheelchair.   

I’m tired of Brooks going from zero to 100 at the blink of an eye.  Wonder how much is alcohol involved?  I also thought she was maybe trying to trigger her ex.   Mentioning how calm he was at the meeting.    It seems like he is still involved in her business life and not her doing everything on her own.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Model’s gonna model! If I had her looks  & couture connections, I’d be swanning around like that too!!!

• Love 6

I really, truly, honestly am trying to get on board with the Dubai ladies. But, it's hard. Really hard !

But, like some others, I have come around to Ayan and I find her totally entertaining and one thing she is not is....BASIC.  I am sure acknowledging that will go a long way for her being my future friend. LOL.

Typically I hate all the over the top shit, but she owns it and certainly plays up whatever "role" she is trying to convey. She does it very, very well.👏

100% agree with posters saying that Stansburys' daughter is quite coquettish when engaging with Sergio🐱. Showing off all that tummy and tightly constrained boobs to her Mum's new, young hubby can be dangerous territory. But whatever, do what you need to do.

Brooks - go away. You annoy me in every way possible. And, one day (not now) I might know the difference between Nena, Lesa and Sara. But that day has not yet come. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I’m surprised he didn’t go to the dance class too.   He seems to be every where she is.  

I confess I’ve thought the same a few times.   Caroline better watch out when Sergio has to wheel her around in a wheelchair.   

I’m tired of Brooks going from zero to 100 at the blink of an eye.  Wonder how much is alcohol involved?  I also thought she was maybe trying to trigger her ex.   Mentioning how calm he was at the meeting.    It seems like he is still involved in her business life and not her doing everything on her own.  

So much for her "I did it all on my own with my own money" when she has not one, buy two exes investing in her business. 

I did think the dance hall stuff was fun

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I think having the women on their own is important because it shows them in a different light and shows how they probably are in their lives.

I do like the group scenes, but it's so forced nowadays on all the franchises.  Too much of a good thing.

Aylan is funny...but she's too campy for me...and Brooks needs to take deep breaths to cool down.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Sara is just a hard pass for me. She DID instruct and advise (unsolicited) Caroline about parenting and I didn't appreciate it. She is obnoxious. She didn't own up to any of what she said. I couldn't get over it unless she admitted her inappropriate advisement and interjection. 

Stanbury is still dead inside. 

• Love 6
On 8/5/2022 at 9:27 AM, Fig Newton said:

I might know the difference between Nena, Lesa and Sara. But that day has not yet come. 

I cannot to this day tell Nena and Sara apart!! Drives me nuts..I could at least tell the difference between SLC’s own brunette lookalikes Lisa Barlow and Meredith Marks after several episodes, but even halfway through this season I *still* can’t differentiate Nena and Sara! It probably doesn’t help that they’re both equally as beautiful yet boring. 

• LOL 1