Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: LAL: Life After Lockup: Can't Stop Destiny!

• Start Topic

Is Destiny part giraffe, are they just playing fast and loose with timelines on this show, or is Shawn enough of a scumbag to cheat on his pregnant fiance?

I'm also not buying this season's Britney and Marcellano drama either.  Dumping one's children off in the middle of a sales call should have warranted a much stronger reaction.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, anoninrva said:

Is Destiny part giraffe, are they just playing fast and loose with timelines on this show, or is Shawn enough of a scumbag to cheat on his pregnant fiance?

She was with a completely different man also so I mean lol but Shawn is a big enough “idiot” that I could see him NOT understanding how all that actually works and think it was his 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

sara’s mother looks like she brushes her teeth with a rock. i can’t stop thinking about how ugly she is! she looks like lisa simpson in the images that her dentist created to show her how her teeth would look as an adult if she didn’t get braces… 

Season 4 Teeth GIF by The Simpsons

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

It didn’t record for me. 🙁

I can’t find it on demand either. 

Mine wasn’t set up to record either. I think they officially changed the name to life after lockup this season. Fortunately I stumbled across it on the guide 30 minutes before it aired so I had time to set my DVR. 

This season looks to be a juicy, over the top, and of course scripted, train wreck. And I’m here for it. 

Edited by kittle1974
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

Let me see if I understand this.  A million-dollar listing was given to a rookie, instead of a veteran?!  In which world?  That would never happen.  Rookies get the rentals where the clients pay one month rent and one month security; and the rent is somewhere between $500 - $700.   Not to mention, your unemployed spouse dropping the kids off because you promised to be back by a certain time.  Give me a break.  Time to cut Marcelino & Brittney and Amber & Puppy.  Their storylines have run the course. 

I hid money I made from dealing drugs with a friend, so, eff the IRS and the Feds, I am just going to go on National Television and announce it because I am a bad ass.  I hope Miley Grace’s grandmother keeps her as far away from this woman as humanly possible. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2022 at 8:23 AM, Nuccganggang said:

sara’s mother looks like she brushes her teeth with a rock. i can’t stop thinking about how ugly she is! she looks like lisa simpson in the images that her dentist created to show her how her teeth would look as an adult if she didn’t get braces… 

Season 4 Teeth GIF by The Simpsons

She has been in a number of episodes so not sure why she doesn’t spend what they paid her on her mouth.  Unless it all goes to meth.

23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Let me see if I understand this.  A million-dollar listing was given to a rookie, instead of a veteran?! 

Three million.  And a woman more tatted up than a carnival performer of yore.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I hid money I made from dealing drugs with a friend, so, eff the IRS and the Feds, I am just going to go on National Television and announce it because I am a bad ass.  I hope Miley Grace’s grandmother keeps her as far away from this woman as humanly possible. 

I was confused by all this.  She has four state charges pending from the vandalism that she caused at Scott’s house and because she had drugs and a gun on her when she was arrested for that.  So the time she just served was for having her federal parole revoked and she still faces state charges for those four felonies?  If there are warrants for her arrest why didn’t the feds turn her over to the state?  Seems like she will be heading back to prison soon. 

Lindsay makes Nicolle look like a catch.  Can’t wait to hear what Daonte’s mother thinks.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I was confused by all this.  She has four state charges pending from the vandalism that she caused at Scott’s house and because she had drugs and a gun on her when she was arrested for that.  So the time she just served was for having her federal parole revoked and she still faces state charges for those four felonies?  If there are warrants for her arrest why didn’t the feds turn her over to the state?  Seems like she will be heading back to prison soon. 

Lindsay makes Nicolle look like a catch.  Can’t wait to hear what Daonte’s mother thinks.

I'm guessing there is something about the timelines that isn't being conveyed properly (perhaps deliberately).  It does seem unlikely that one would be released from state or county jail with federal charges pending or vice versa.

In fact, wasn't that a storyline for Cruella D'Evil's boyfriend last season?

• Love 5

Oh, thank god Mama June is finally over!! I though we were going to get Mama June, July, and August at this rate. Looking forward to the live chats!

It’s good to know that the Me Too plague seemed to skip the world of drug dealers—or Lindsey just had particular integrity in her career. 

Oh, poor Daonte! You are just like Donkey from Shrek—what a dumb ass.

Chance’s lady (forgot her name) waited a whole season to tell her sister she’s engaged? Oh, this is literally the next day. I was wondering how the hell they timed Lindsey’s “surprise release.” I suppose they just film nonstop when the parolees are out and splice and dice into whatever season/show they can.

Just “going browsing for chicks” and “shopping for girlfriends”? Is this like a human trafficking situation over here?! Oh, whew, they’re going to a bar. “Crazy people are online.” Well, if you two are not online, then that means crazy people are offline, too. “Kayla ❤️” Oooooh! Case in point, of crazy people IRL.

Oh, dear, this poor girl is still planning on marrying Shawn? The best thing that could happen to her is Destinee coming back around and blowing things up. Shawn has never been married—but he was with a woman long enough to have had SEVEN children with her!! Guess we don’t even need to wait for Destinee, this girl (forgot her name) is flipping out over Kelly.

Wait, a threesome didn’t save the marriage?! Who could have seen this coming?! Next thing you know, Brittany won’t be home by 3:00. Ooh! Blurred texting! Tsk, tsk.

Sarah’s pregnancy never came up!! To be fair, with Shawn’s history, it’s really on the kids that they didn’t ask whether he impregnated anyone. It should be a given that, yes, someone is pregnant with Shawn’s spawn at all times.

Kayla, this is the perfect solution to get back together with the caveman—just match with Tiffany on Tinder and join their throuple!!

Can you imagine going to see some metal band, and all the rest look the part—the singer is even wearing vampire contacts—and then there’s Chazz. Oh, no worries. There are only 13 people in the audience. No wonder why his buddies were upset he had no one for the guest list.

Lindsey is hoping to get a job at a “Pizza Grocery Corinth MS Restaurant Coffee Bar.” What more fo you need in life? Lindsey, you’ve been out for 3 minutes. It’s not on you to bail out TC—or even get involved. What?!? How did they let her out if she has warrants out for her arrest?!?

Last time they wanted us to think Marcelino was cheating, he was getting tips for his “professional” gambling “career.” How quickly do you think he’ll lose Brit’s $75000 commission?

”I didn’t even think her name was Sarah, I thought it was Destinee.” Damn! Guess “it didn’t come up” that he switched out fiancées! Nah, Destinee can’t be pregnant with his child… let’s go for a baker’s dozen!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

I know its scripted reality tv, but I just can’t get enough of this trashy show. The more seasons, the more crazy the stories get. Does it give you more street credit something? Why are folks putting themselves through it? It can’t be all for money… It’s almost like the felons are now spending their time scheming how they can get on this show. Even if it means to pretend to be smitten for DaOnte. Surprised he still has his job at the boat yard, cause he never seems to actually DO any work. 

Sarah (Shawn’s future wife) seems quite off to me this season. Could be the pregnancy but she’s accepting a lot of nonsense every other segment. She’s all bark and no bite, and seems to be a door mat. Why does she still believe in fairytales? She’s young (mid-20s), She’s so cute, and she can do way better than Shawn. She’s caught Shawn in a zillion lies, but she does nothing about it. Why she allowed herself to be impregnated by Shawn makes zero sense. I thought convicts developed street smarts? What is her angle, and why is she not following her intuition? Shawn just gets more and more despicable every episode…and what does Sara do? She just gives him a look, may sound stern for a few seconds, yet keeps going with this wedding foolery. Is she that desperate to have a wedding that she fails to realize she has to deal with Shawn as her HUSBAND? Sara has her work cut out for her, and I don’t think she’s equipped to deal with a narcissist con-man of Shawn’s level. She has no concept of enforcing proper boundaries or following them with consequences. This is why he’s able to just steamroll her and get his way.

For all of Destinee’s foulness, I finally get why she stays in anger mode with Sean. You can’t let your guard down for one second because he’s more than likely lying or doing something foul that he knows he shouldn’t be doing. You have to be a tough gal to deal with Shawn’s moronic self. I guess that’s why he keeps blowing his 401K for these jail birds. No sensible woman in her right mind would put up with all his deceptive antics. The oldest son Brandon? Is way more smart and intelligent than his imbecile of a father. Staying away from Shawn is a blessing, so all the kids who are far from his clutches have a chance and being normal. For all Kelly’s faults, she raised a smart kid. Brandon seems to have a good head on his shoulders, which is far more than that of his sire. 

• Love 2

I don’t have the cable to watch this currently. I am still here with y’all in shady spirit. These freaks are like a good trashy bag of chips. I need them on my Fridays. It was my bday weekend too! This sounds like it would have jumpstarted it, the trashy goodness. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

I don’t have the cable to watch this currently. I am still here with y’all in shady spirit. These freaks are like a good trashy bag of chips. I need them on my Fridays. It was my bday weekend too! This sounds like it would have jumpstarted it, the trashy goodness. 

Maybe you can buy the season on Amazon or somewhere.

found this:  

How can I watch if I don’t have cable?

If you don’t have access to cable television, you can stream “Life After Lockup” on streaming platforms DirecTV Stream, fuboTV, and Philo.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 3
On 8/2/2022 at 1:10 PM, lamujerdecente said:

I cut the cord and signed up for YouTube TV--live TV, virtually unlimited DVR space, lots of channels, and you can save shows to a library to watch whenever you want!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I cut the cord and signed up for YouTube TV--live TV, virtually unlimited DVR space, lots of channels, and you can save shows to a library to watch whenever you want!

I finally saw it on Youtube. CHILE. CHILE. First of all I am tired Of Marc and Brit. I think we are far too elitist and classist of a society and folks are judged harshly for their atire but Brit looked SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND SLOPPY AF at that showing. They are boring and their scenes are badly acted. Cut the cord Sharp. Shawn is such a terrible excuse of a human and a father. If Destiny's troll evil goblin tush ruins his marriage, he deserves it. The caveman's thruple is going to explode in his face. I am here for it tho. 

Sara's Mama is equal parts a maniac and the voice of reason. I am fascinated. 

• Love 8

I'm aghast, I tell you, that The Threesome didn't make Brit's marriage the best ever. Who'd a thunk it? I guess I'll have to think twice about my plans...

I hope Destinie shows up just in time to make Sarah rethink her marriage to Jughead. Maybe then he'll be able to remember exactly how many children he has and what their names are. She is one entitled piece of work, though.

None of these girls except Sarah and Brit seemed to have managed to clean up their acts.

Daonte, Lindsey, and her stablefull of felons and warrants. No words.

• Love 2