Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Grilled

• Start Topic

Mel plans a dinner for Cameron to meet Jack, but plans go awry. Connie warns Lizzie to be careful with Denny. Preacher befriends his aikido teacher.

Original airdate 7/20/22

I have zero interest in the Preacher love story. I’d rather see him do more cooking. I liked back when the San Francisco lady was trying to poach him. 
So, I guess we’re going to get more of Jack has a drinking problem?  Not excited about that.   I will say, I like Mel and jack when they make fun of themselves and their ridiculous storylines. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

Is is just me or do you find Jack and Mel's love scenes to be boring as hell. Brady and Brie, OTOH, are on fire in their love scenes. So damned hot!

I think there are way too many sex love scenes on this show.  Thank goodness we haven't seen any scenes of Doc and Hope in bed.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

I think there are way too many sex love scenes on this show.  Thank goodness we haven't seen any scenes of Doc and Hope in bed.

Doc is is a sexy older man. Hope not sexy; in this role anyway. I just looked up photos of Annette O'Toole when she was younger. She was gorgeous in some of those photos.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 2

I am not real sure about Denny myself.   It may be he just wants a family since both of his parents  are deceased.  Doc may be his grandfather … or not.   
I really don’t like Cameron.  Not sure why.  
I am ok  with Preacher’s  new  love interest. Which means Page will be returning any day now.  
I have liked Hope all along.  She seems a little softer  now. Wonder if she will stay that way.   
Any bets  as to whether Jack’s  father will be moving to Virgin River? 

• Love 3

I've asked this before but maybe there isn't an answer....

Has paternity testing been done on Charmaine's twin boys. Do we know for sure that Jack is their father? I just don't remember paternity testing being done. Did I miss that?

1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

Has paternity testing been done on Charmaine's twin boys. Do we know for sure that Jack is their father? I just don't remember paternity testing being done. Did I miss that?

I don't think so but then I don't recognize half the people from earlier seasons so I may be wrong.  But as far as we know Charmaine was only sleeping with Jack. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I don't think so but then I don't recognize half the people from earlier seasons so I may be wrong.  But as far as we know Charmaine was only sleeping with Jack. 

The question has never  been raised on the show as far as I remember. Doesn’t mean it won’t.  After all she met that rich guy after  she announced her pregnancy, got married( or is it just engaged) and is nowhere near giving birth yet.   So she moves on pretty quickly 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

OK. Thanks.

On Jack not demanding DNA--apparently he just has a burning desire to be a father regardless?   Since doc is a doc it seems the first thing he would do is ask for a cheek swab to test for DNA.  Heck they could do it together and have a little ceremony.  The young man is either a fine example of a young man or a dirt bag just pretending.  

• Like 4
On 7/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, luvthepros said:

Doc is is a sexy older man. Hope not sexy; in this role anyway. I just looked up photos of Annette O'Toole when she was younger. She was gorgeous in some of those photos.

Annette O'Toole was stunning in the 1990 miniseries It.  She and John Ritter (RIP) were the "sexy" ones there.  I still think she's a beautiful woman, she looks very appropriate considering that she's 70.  I feel like the role is what's making her unattractive.  

• Like 2
  • Love 7
On 7/22/2022 at 3:58 PM, luvthepros said:

On 7/26/2022 at 10:08 AM, dubstepford wife said:

Annette O'Toole was stunning in the 1990 miniseries It.  She and John Ritter (RIP) were the "sexy" ones there.  I still think she's a beautiful woman, she looks very appropriate considering that she's 70.  I feel like the role is what's making her unattractive.  

I was going to respond to the first post I quoted,  but you did it first.   It's Hope's super grating personality that makes her less attractive.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 7/23/2022 at 2:34 PM, luvthepros said:

Two guesses and the 2nd one doesn't count. This is a horribly cliched soap opera. 

Yep the scenery is beautiful. But the overuse of soap opera plots to create a story line is so trite and predictable. Maybe next season Mel will find out that she is carrying twins with different fathers. That was done on the Guidiing Light years ago. There is nothing new in this series that hasn't been done before. 

• Like 1
On 7/31/2022 at 8:13 AM, 65mickey said:

Yep the scenery is beautiful. But the overuse of soap opera plots to create a story line is so trite and predictable. Maybe next season Mel will find out that she is carrying twins with different fathers. That was done on the Guidiing Light years ago. There is nothing new in this series that hasn't been done before. 

Also on Days of Our Lives - Allie Horton and Johnny Dimera are twins with different fathers.  🙄

This show had the potential to be a cute rom com, or at the very least, much better than it really is.  I feel a bit bad for the actors, actually.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 7/22/2022 at 9:45 AM, luvthepros said:

Is is just me or do you find Jack and Mel's love scenes to be boring as hell? Brady and Brie, OTOH, are on fire in their love scenes. So damned hot!

Oh my goodness, yes! I was thinking the exact same thing watching the end of the episode. I think Mel & Jack's characters are made out to be so cutesie (I can't really think of the best word to describe it) that any scene with passion just falls flat.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2022 at 6:45 AM, luvthepros said:

Is is just me or do you find Jack and Mel's love scenes to be boring as hell? Brady and Brie, OTOH, are on fire in their love scenes. So damned hot!

I never thought about it until now...but yes, they do look like robots and very very boring....also, I'm beginning to get tired of so many 'I love you' Enough with the I love yous!!!  

• Like 1
On 7/22/2022 at 5:06 PM, mythoughtis said:

I am not real sure about Denny myself.   It may be he just wants a family since both of his parents  are deceased.  Doc may be his grandfather … or not.   
I really don’t like Cameron.  Not sure why.  
I am ok  with Preacher’s  new  love interest. Which means Page will be returning any day now.  
I have liked Hope all along.  She seems a little softer  now. Wonder if she will stay that way.   
Any bets  as to whether Jack’s  father will be moving to Virgin River? 

We don't exactly know what Denny is up to yet do we?  But it's NOT good...he is transferring money from one account to another; taking pills that are not his; he's hiding something; I'm not sure what it is...

On 7/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, luvthepros said:

As far as I know, we don't know if Jack is the real father of the twins.  Charmaine told him that they were, but now that you brought it up...maybe they're not.  What I'm wondering is who's baby is Mel having?  Do they know it's the embryo or Jack's baby.

Just questioning the reality of Jack wanting to be SO part of the twins life - after he broke up with Charmaine....he has a new life now, with someone he loves, who is also pregnant now - why doesn't he go easy on himself and let Charmaine and her new husband (won't last too long) have the twins.  Charmains annoys me, and so does Jack's strong desire to be in the twins life - w/o even knowing they are definitely his!!!  who does that?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Trudilu said:

Just questioning the reality of Jack wanting to be SO part of the twins life - after he broke up with Charmaine....he has a new life now, with someone he loves, who is also pregnant now - why doesn't he go easy on himself and let Charmaine and her new husband (won't last too long) have the twins.  Charmains annoys me, and so does Jack's strong desire to be in the twins life - w/o even knowing they are definitely his!!!  who does that?

Jack is a decent human being.  He understands 1) the value  of a child having a relationship with his or her biological father - provided that father is a decent person 2) he doesn’t consider  children inanimate  objects that are replaceable by another. 3) he wants a relationship with his children - all of them 4) he recognizes that Charmaine and her spouse are not all that decent of people 5) He has no reason at this point to suspect the children are not his,  although  he could request a DNA test after they are born. 6). He’s possibly gotten two women pregnant in 3 months time - maybe he recognizes he needs to step up and act like he’s a decent person. What kind of person would he be to abandon two babies that he believes are his to raise a child that may very well not be his 

I might be a ‘tad’ sensitive on this subject being as my parents divorced when I was small and my bio father abandoned me and my two sisters - one of which he never saw after she was nine days old. I have a half brother who is 5 months younger than that sister.  My bio father didn't abandon him.  It’s not something people can understand unless they live it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

A peeve…when Mel ran into Cameron on the running trail, she offered to cover for him at the clinic that day, but Cameron declined. Then they planned a BBQ for that evening, and when they parted Cameron said, “See you tonight!” Um, you work together…more like “I’ll see you at the clinic in an hour.” Because we saw Mel at the clinic with Doc, and we know Cameron's scheduled to work also. Ugh, I hate inconsistencies.

Edited by Cancun
On 7/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, mythoughtis said:

The question has never  been raised on the show as far as I remember. Doesn’t mean it won’t.  After all she met that rich guy after  she announced her pregnancy, got married( or is it just engaged) and is nowhere near giving birth yet.   So she moves on pretty quickly 

Of course she moves on quickly.  She's been pregnant for about 3 years now.  Plenty of time to get back out and date!  

• LOL 3