Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Pasta La Vista

• Start Topic

26 minutes ago, AR Traveler said:

I am sorry for the fire I heard about.  I hope the historical part of the town wasn't hurt.

It was a residential neighborhood about half a mile from downtown. Most of the city is historical in one way or another! One house was completely destroyed and was razed yesterday. It was built right after the Great Salem Fire, around 1914. A very sad time here. It was a multi family home, lots of people displaced now. 

The weight lifter saying 'I tested positive for...' and they were two different performance enhancing drugs is a RED FLAG. Just say you took it. The fact that he says it like they just came into his system out of nowhere seems like he's not good at taking responsibility. Way to absolve yourself of any responsibility, Patrick.

Bilal is a real piece of work. He basically disrespected his “spiritual wife” in front of his family. So not a single person in Bilal's family told him the prank was a bad idea? Why would a woman want to marry into that? And Bilal couldn't refrain from making her look bad in front of his family. Why would you bring this woman to America? You clearly don’t respect her or even LIKE her. All he’s done is make direct and passive aggressive remarks about how she’s ungrateful, lives in a “fantasy land,” thought his parents house was dirty, etc. The way he speaks to and about her demonstrates he has no respect for her, it doesn’t even sound like he likes her or wants her in his life. Bilal is a confirmed back-stabbing, passive-aggressive asshole. BIG TIME. His name should be BILASSHOLE.

Jibri is a man baby. He is sulking over having to make a dinner and do chores. You are mooching off your parents, you should be doing that EVERY day. The way he talks to his mother reminds me of myself when I was a hormonal 14 year old. It’s so juvenile and immature.

Kara could have gotten Guillermo an inexpensive but nice laptop for under $300. He wants to adapt to American culture and maybe a laptop would help him learn to write a resume or build other skills for future employment purposes. Since he can’t work at the moment, what else does he have to do? Seriously, IDK why that peeved me that she was SO mean about it. “You’ve never used a laptop in your life!” It didn’t seem right to me. Also, he has every right to have his OWN laptop! With his own money too!

• Love 12
44 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

The way he speaks to and about her demonstrates he has no respect for her, it doesn’t even sound like he likes her or wants her in his life.

AND he mocked her lovely Trini accent! He's just insufferable and have I mentioned I hate him? I would like to wipe that smug grin off his face with a two by four. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 5/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, magemaud said:

Janice and Ari both bring up unpleasant topics (or, as Janice called it "constructive criticism") with the preface, "I'm not saying this to offend you, but..."

Saying that is not only offensive, but aggressive. There is no reason to preface an opinion or thought with "I'm not saying this to offend you, but..." And Janice, you are far from perfect. I wish someone would say that to you and see how you respond. Oh, I'll do it now: I'm not saying this to offend you, Janice, but back off and stay out of your daughter's marriage."

• Love 6
On 5/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, bichonblitz said:

After that awkward dinner Mother Bilal needs to tell her son that if he doesn't truly want more children he needs to be honest about it asap and stop wasting Shaee's time. And stop acting like Bilal is a kid who needs protecting. 

The "prank/test" that Bilal put Shaee through was a horrible way to begin their in-person relationship.  Now she doesn't fully trust him.  But the most egregious thing he is doing is stringing her along with the having children issue. We've already seen it with Angela/Michael and Tanya/Syngin and it's a trainwreck.  Shaee is at the age that she needs to start working toward that goal soon.

• Love 7
On 5/9/2022 at 9:48 AM, jackjill89 said:

Yeah, Jibri you get that single out that will make you millions while Miona is developing her own makeup line. Both those things are so easy to do and make a success when you don't have a cent to your name and live in Rapid City, SD. Seriously, these two are living in lala land if they think this is how they will make money to move to Los Angeles. What idiots.

The ONLY thing they have going for them is they are on a reality tv show.  Of course, we can't break the 4th wall, but even with a small celeb status, they can make money on Only Fans, if their other endeavors don't pan out.  Plus, there seems to be unending seasons of 90 Day iterations for the couples that bring the drama.

• Love 5
On 5/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, anoninrva said:

He's pretty articulate and charismatic.  Wasn't he bartending when she met him?  He might have to do some day labor if they're dirt poor and there's nothing else to find.  I don't know that there would be a ton of that in C'Ville, though.  There are a ton of realtors around here..

For the time being, he has to volunteer or work at odd jobs, since he won't have his work permit right away.  It seems like he could help with the balloon arch business- she could keep it going while doing real estate to give him some work.  If he is helping her with it, she could take more jobs and put the money into their joint account.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It seems like he could help with the balloon arch business-

"Here, Guillermo, when I get home from my real estate job, I expect you to have blown up these 700 latex balloons..." 

• LOL 10
On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 AM, anoninrva said:

She did say she wanted to launch her own makeup line.  That would require some capital and a lot of work.  Maybe a background in organic chemistry? 

Not necessarily.  My daughter studied music in college.  Didn’t finish, but that was her field of study.

Today, she manufactures goat milk products, from her own goats, including hand lotion and soap.  She is licensed for make up production in the State of Connecticut.  The recipes are her own and she ships product all over the world.  Her lab/lotion room is certified by the State and it did require some investment, but it can be done.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, b2H said:

Not necessarily.  My daughter studied music in college.  Didn’t finish, but that was her field of study.

Today, she manufactures goat milk products, from her own goats, including hand lotion and soap.  She is licensed for make up production in the State of Connecticut.  The recipes are her own and she ships product all over the world.  Her lab/lotion room is certified by the State and it did require some investment, but it can be done.

On the other hand, I doubt that Miona has even 1/10th the drive and talent that your daughter has.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Gobi said:

On the other hand, I doubt that Miona has even 1/10th the drive and talent that your daughter has.

It is a serious partnership with her husband and involving a close friend who also helps with production.  I don’t disagree that Miona is probably. Too ate dinner by the possible money but doesn’t have the initiative to do the work.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, b2H said:

Without knowing u or your child - i will bet a years salary that your child has more ambition and drive than Jibs and Mimosa combined.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Without knowing u or your child - i will bet a years salary that your child has more ambition and drive than Jibs and Mimosa combined.

By the sound of it more ambition & drive than 90% of the people on this show since it started.

• Love 3
(edited)

How many of the foreign fiancés on the 90 Day franchise come here with absolutely no marketable skills except an "American Dream" to launch a career in a impossibly competitive field like music or modeling or to be something like a Karadashian inspired influencer, makeup or fashion designer. Does anybody just say "I want to come to America to study" something common like nursing or plumbing? No, because they wouldn't be considered interesting enough to have their story told on TV. 

Of course, at the opposite end, we have the fiancés who come here with no desire to do anything except sponge off their American mate.  

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 5
On 5/13/2022 at 9:39 AM, lamujerdecente said:

more ambition and drive than Jibs and Mimosa combined.

THey just sold the ripped pants for $28,000.... SMH. These clowns will blow that in a few days on makeup and headshots of Miona. 

• LOL 1
13 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

THey just sold the ripped pants for $28,000.... SMH. These clowns will blow that in a few days on makeup and headshots of Miona. 

Someone bought Jibri's ripped pink pants???  for $28,000?   I'm definitely doing something wrong with my life...

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Someone bought Jibri's ripped pink pants???  for $28,000?   I'm definitely doing something wrong with my life...

I could see someone buying Marilyn Monroe's ripped pants but this guy? Phht.

This is some stupid publicity stunt, has to be. The buyer brought $28 grand in cash? Really? It just seems a little far fetched.

• Love 4
On 5/8/2022 at 11:19 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And she doesn't want Jibri to spend time with his bandmates. Does she not understand that when a band is trying to make it, THEIR ENTIRE LIFE consists of long-ass drives from one club to another, playing gigs, splitting a single hotel room between 3-4 people, and spending basically all their time together? She seems to think he can jump to the "Rock Superstar" level from zero, which is not remotely realistic.

That dinner looked awful. Are either of them aware there are THOUSANDS of recipes on Pinterest and other sites, geared towards every level of cooking ability? Find a protein the parents like (be it hamburger, chicken breast or whatever), then search for a recipe for that protein with the word "easy" in the title.

Does Ari even wipe her own ass? This is a (semi-)serious question.

Ari not allowing Avi's aunts to say Goodbye to him was horrid. Yes, they threw wine in your face. But don't drag Avi into it. And I couldn't help noticing that it was Bini, not her, sitting next to Avi on the plane.

And he doesn't even admit to it directly, instead just saying he tested positive.

Meanwhile, Kobe was sooooo happy to just see his son. Emily continues to be annoyingly needy. You can tell her parents probably have never had a black man in the house before.

Finally, a computer does NOT have to cost $1,000. If Guillermo just wants a computer to surf the web and send emails back home, Chromebooks are cheap and work well for websurfing.

Ari is annoying but if my husband's sisters were always so nasty to me the way Bini's are, and THEN one of them threw wine in my face and never even apologized after.. they'd never see my kid again. They are disrespectful and mean so no, they do not deserve to have a relationship with her son. At the end of the day, anyone who acts like that family or not, would not have a place in my life.

• Love 3