Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Pasta La Vista

• Start Topic

JibJab and Macaroni...seriously? Her makeup skills aren't exactly going to sell product because she looks like an angry clown most of the time. And Jibby's parents are just humoring them, they ought to be thankful they're being allowed to sleep together under his parent's roof. Two slackers, though JibJab seems to get that he is broke ass broke. Macaroni, OTOH, doesn't seem to understand that money is required for pretty much anything she wants.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Jbiri & Miona bitching about having to make dinner

From what we saw that is the only chore that they asked her to do.  No cleaning toilets or shower grout.  No mopping floors or degreasing the range.  She should thank her lucky stars.  I guess Jibri also mows the lawn if he ever figured out how to start the mower.  

1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Also, laptops aren't $1000.

PCs are even less.  He can sit at a desk.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

Billy and Shy:  What was up with Billy's behavior? He seemed to revert to a little kid in front of his mom and family. He kept throwing Shy under the bus, while she took the high road and kept her composure. Billy blurting out how she wasn't happy about the new house, insulting the family, who also took the high road. Talking about kids and the fantasy land comment. What happened to him to make him so different than the rest of his family? Bilal must have been the problem child, and now as an adult a pain in the ass who continues to disappoint. The "prank" he pulled with the house thing was done for his own ego, period. Plus, gaining control over her emotions. A real piece of work.

Complete with a tilting of his big ugly head (his mouth also makes me cringe) as if to say:  can you believe that, MOMMY and SISSY?  Ole bitch made fool!  Not a very noble thing to do at all.  It's almost like he is Shaeeda's adversary (and proud of it)...ole petty ass!  Ugh!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

The similarities in the way the women of these two families (Bini's and Bile's) treat these man-babies is startling, isn't it???  The women doting and worrying all over these man-children their entire lives -- he's naive, his last marriage hurt him so badly!!!!  At some point these women needed to have pulled back a bit because Bini doesn't accept responsibility for all the hostility and confusion he causes between his sisters and Ari.  And the way Bile's sister was all worried about how f'd up his last marriage left him and then his mother coming in right behind with the same B.S.  Let these men be men at some point, dammit!

• Love 14
7 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

a white woman in Kansas can’t teach her son how to be a black man in America. She needs to grow the fuck up.

If memory serves, there was a white woman from Kansas, who had a son with an African, and he grew up to be President of these United States. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

If memory serves, there was a white woman from Kansas, who had a son with an African, and he grew up to be President of these United States. 

That speaks volumes about those parents but we are dealing Emily, hopefully Kobe will to do the heavy lifting, we may not have the same outcome.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Patrick's brother John is a dead ringer for Bill Burr!! I can't look at him/hear him talk and not immediately think of Bill Burr. Also, the relationship between Patrick & Thais is sooo doomed because of John. John is going to be a major issue between them. 

I don't like anything about John. He's got a big mouth and a very unappealing accent and/or voice.  His personality further adds to my low opinion of this oaf.

2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Bini and Ari, still boring. Not even Bini's bitchy, unreasonable sisters make that storyline less of a snorefest.

I can't tell you now bored I am of this story. The sisters remind me of the two ugly stepsisters in kid's books. I'm not talking physically, I'm talking their big mouths, stupid unwanted opinions, budding in and trying to run someone else's life along with their ugly attitudes and personalities. Mind your own damn business, girls. Baby brother needs to fly on his own. He shouldn't be in the position these nincompoop sisters put him in. Do they not have their own lives? Go away. I never want to see your mugs again. Please.

Next stop: USA. Let's see if something interesting pops up. I suspect Janice will now take over the sister's job with her intruding opinions, which will exactly mirror her daughters. So nothing interesting there. They need some new material to keep this story interesting.

• Love 4

Jibri/Miona: I smell production-driven deliberate screwup of dinner.  And just because I was curious, I found and present an honest to goodness Serbian main dish: Gjuwetsch, ground beef, peppers, and rice.  It's my kind of food: everything in one pot.  It also sounds delicious so I'm going to try it myself!

https://www.food.com/recipe/serbian-gjuwetsch-a-one-pot-dinner-459502

What kind of upbringing did Miona have that she never had to do chores or help out, especially as a guest?  She can't be from the upper class of Serbia.  I bet she not only wants to live in Brentwood, but have a maid as well.  Forget it.

Kara/G-Man (and all the rest, frankly): Why do these women bring over a foreign guy and then treat them like little boys, and they're the scolding mommy?  It can be over money, children, the house, you name it.  Is it a power trip?  A turn-on?  Bile is a complete douche, but I'm rapidly losing any liking for all the women,  including Yve.  If you treat a man like a silly boy, that's what you get (not defending these love rats, btw; Kobe is the exception as he wants to see his child).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

JibJab and Moana sure have some nerve in complaining about "chores."  Even the truck they drive around in belongs to his step-father (he stated this is the first episode), and they would have nowhere to live if not for his parents.  Yet JibJab seems to take pride in stating he doesn't like chores (news alert JibJab-many of us don't like to do chores but it's a part of what we call 'life').  While I may feel some empathy towards his parents, they apparently never taught him about chores while he was young so they are now reaping the rewards of that.  See what happens when parents helicopter their children. Those children often grow up to become adults without any sense of responsibility or any understanding of how to function.

Really can't stand Bilbao.  Since his whole family knew about the 'prank' it must have been funny and therefore it's on his fiance that she didn't appreciate it.  

Also can't stand Emily-let Kobe hold and cuddle his son.  Oh, and I think she purposefully breast feed little Covid in order to show dominance to Kobe, shock her parents, and get screen time on the show-it was a multifunctional breast feeding.

Fast-forwarded everything with Patrick as I don't care if his fiance isn't here yet and it's all his back story.

Fast-forwarded everything Ari and Bini as I've seen it about 50 billion times as their story is the same thing every single time they are featured.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I live alone and find cooking to be a chore. It is not fun to cook for one. I can’t afford daily takeout or Skip the Dishes food delivery, so I make basic meals like chicken or a burger or something. It is not fun to have leftovers for three or four days. I may occasionally cook a fancier meal on a Sunday or if I have guests over. I don’t consider myself lazy.

Yes but you know how to cook. Granted, cooking for one is a pain. My post was not about that at all.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AR Traveler said:

Why do these women bring over a foreign guy and then treat them like little boys, and they're the scolding mommy?

Yeah and then how do they picture them as a virile mate lol?

59 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Those children often grow up to become adults without any sense of responsibility or any understanding of how to function.

These are the people who hire people to cut their lawns and buy premade Krispie treats and Jello.  It ain’t that hard folks if you’re willing to lift a finger.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

In defense of Jibri and Moira, there are millions/billions? of people who eat and presumably enjoy those stir-fry pre-made Italian meals from Bertolli.  They also prepared a big salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers.  For newcomers to cooking, I think they did fine and the reaction of the parents was staged and rude.  While I have not tried them, I have tried many of the other shortcut frozen entrees, despite being an excellent cook.  

We are expected to believe that this couple has to be taught to do chores they have never been asked to do in their lives until now.  Let's assume that Jibri has been living with the same parents for all of his childhood and most of his life.  They have never given him chores or taught  him to use the lawnmower before now?  With this couple, the script has been written and everyone is playing a part.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Yes but you know how to cook. Granted, cooking for one is a pain. My post was not about that at all.  

I didn't really learn to cook until after my parents died. It was a tough learning curve. No real excuse for these two. A lot of high schools offer food courses where students do learn the life skill of how to cook and bake. Probably beats the awful Home Ec of yore (i.e. my generation). Maybe if Jibby's band spent time in Europe, they hit the local markets and bought inexpensive food at them. He certainly wasn't in any position to buy expensive meals at expensive cafes every day.

• Love 2

Was it reallllly necessary for Bilal to repeat what Shaeeda said in front of everyone? And why did they all keep saying 'she' as if 'she' isn't sitting right there? That whole scene annoyed me and obviously made Shaeeda super uncomfortable and embarrassed. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Was it reallllly necessary for Bilal to repeat what Shaeeda said in front of everyone? And why did they all keep saying 'she' as if 'she' isn't sitting right there? That whole scene annoyed me and obviously made Shaeeda super uncomfortable and embarrassed. 

This. Clearly Bilal is the golden child, spoiled and cosseted by his whole enabling family. Who are, to a person, breathtakingly rude. No welcoming words or kindness shown to a woman who is probably disoriented, exhausted, and feeling alone. Just the third degree. Bilal is giving the whole ghoulish lot of them the guidelines on how to treat Shaeeda. Belittling, gaslighting, demeaning. She should run for her life. He probably won't let her get a job, or have friends. She'll have to take his mother to doctor's appointments, keep that stupid McMansion spotless, and help his kids with their homework. Those kids will take their cues from the rest and treat her like a servant. She will always be a second class citizen in that family. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This. Clearly Bilal is the golden child, spoiled and cosseted by his whole enabling family. Who are, to a person, breathtakingly rude. No welcoming words or kindness shown to a woman who is probably disoriented, exhausted, and feeling alone. Just the third degree. Bilal is giving the whole ghoulish lot of them the guidelines on how to treat Shaeeda. Belittling, gaslighting, demeaning. She should run for her life. He probably won't let her get a job, or have friends. She'll have to take his mother to doctor's appointments, keep that stupid McMansion spotless, and help his kids with their homework. Those kids will take their cues from the rest and treat her like a servant. She will always be a second class citizen in that family. 

Agree.  The whole family sucks.  Pepper, I was thinking of you yesterday when I saw the fires in Salem.  I hope it wasn't in your neighborhood and you are okay. 

• Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

Agree.  The whole family sucks.  Pepper, I was thinking of you yesterday when I saw the fires in Salem.  I hope it wasn't in your neighborhood and you are okay. 

Aren't you kind! It was pretty scary because a friend lives on that street, but it wasn't his place, thank goodness. My son got some pics from a friend who lives nearby, very frightening! Its about a half a mile from me, five houses ended up being destroyed or severely damaged. Firefighters from several nearby towns were on the scene, and it must have been a nightmare, narrow streets and houses packed together. A rough night for us. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

That would be Obama. I am aware. I also raised a Black girl in America. I am a  multiracial person in America who doesn't always "pass" outside of Miami. I have dated my share of Black men raised by white mothers. I said it because I know by experience that it doesn't always go well. We live in a country that STILL in 2022 denies racism is an issue by a large segment of the population. Speaking of my experience as a POC - which should be listened to and not look for the exception to the rule.  I am quite sure Obama's mother wasn't Emily and her tone deaf comments to a Black man commenting about the lack of diversity. I am not saying that white women shouldn't have children with Black or Brown men.I am saying It is a responsibility that is not to be taken lightly as it is not easy ride being  A POC in America. 

Obama's mother and his grandmother were amazing women who respected his culture. There are nuances to this. I am not trying to offend or go off topic- this was to Miss Emily and Prob throw Ari in there as well. This was just my perspective, and I can see how that could come across. But I also think non POC folks really need to put their defensiveness at the door and listen to the things POC folks say about their experiences and perceptions and not always jump to show a "colorblind" example. I come from a culture that is very anti black despite being black adjacent and often Black themselves. Just because I am not like that or didn't absorb that doesn't mean that statement still isn't true. 

22 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Aren't you kind! It was pretty scary because a friend lives on that street, but it wasn't his place, thank goodness. My son got some pics from a friend who lives nearby, very frightening! Its about a half a mile from me, five houses ended up being destroyed or severely damaged. Firefighters from several nearby towns were on the scene, and it must have been a nightmare, narrow streets and houses packed together. A rough night for us. 

Salem Mass? 

Edited by lamujerdecente
  • Love 14

This. Clearly Bilal is the golden child, spoiled and cosseted by his whole enabling family. Who are, to a person, breathtakingly rude

This is also true of latino cultures. My male cousins walk on water despite some shitty ass choices and behavior. However, us girls? Marked for life on our choices. 

Same with my son's father. His mother would have helped him bury me in the backyard and blame me for the whole experience. 

Vile Bilal is trash and Sheeda should run for the hills. In a perfect world, Ari and Vile Bilal would have found each other because even tho Bini is spineless manchild Ari still takes the prize as Top asshole for me. 

Vile Bilal is very impressed with himself- too impressed. Does he not know the detectives that lurk on the internet? I suspect by mid season all his bankruptcy bones will be exposed and I am here for it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

That would be Obama. I am aware. I also raised a Black girl in America. I am a  multiracial person in America who doesn't always "pass" outside of Miami. I have dated my share of Black men raised by white mothers. I said it because I know by experience that it doesn't always go well. We live in a country that STILL in 2022 denies racism is an issue by a large segment of the population. Speaking of my experience as a POC - which should be listened to and not look for the exception to the rule.  I am quite sure Obama's mother wasn't Emily and her tone deaf comments to a Black man commenting about the lack of diversity. I am not saying that white women shouldn't have children with Black or Brown men.I am saying It is a responsibility that is not to be taken lightly as it is not easy ride being  A POC in America. 

Obama's mother and his grandmother were amazing women who respected his culture. There are nuances to this. I am not trying to offend or go off topic- this was to Miss Emily and Prob throw Ari in there as well. This was just my perspective, and I can see how that could come across. But I also think non POC folks really need to put their defensiveness at the door and listen to the things POC folks say about their experiences and perceptions and not always jump to show a "colorblind" example. I come from a culture that is very anti black despite being black adjacent and often Black themselves. Just because I am not like that or didn't absorb that doesn't mean that statement still isn't true. 

Salem Mass? 

Thank you for sharing your insights. I truly appreciate your perspective. 

Yes, Salem Mass. HUGE fire here yesterday, near-ish to me, closer to my son's place, lots of folks displaced. Tragic.

• Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Thank you for sharing your insights. I truly appreciate your perspective. 

Yes, Salem Mass. HUGE fire here yesterday, near-ish to me, closer to my son's place, lots of folks displaced. Tragic.

Thanks :-). I want to have a home in Salem, Mass. My bro In law lives in Maine and we took a day trip to Salem. Had the best breakfast in this cute cafe. I am a breakfast bish. I can eat breakfast any time. Day. Night. Anytime.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Breedom said:

I don't like anything about John. He's got a big mouth and a very unappealing accent and/or voice.  His personality further adds to my low opinion of this oaf.

I said it in the other on but Patrick looks like a older version of NHL player Max Domi.  I mean is it scary how similar the two of them are.

90-Day-Fiancé-Spoilers_-Patrick-Mendes-Amazing-Glam-Makeover-Prepares-For-Thais-Arrival-480x480.png

max.jpg

52 minutes ago, lamujerdecente said:

Thanks :-). I want to have a home in Salem, Mass. My bro In law lives in Maine and we took a day trip to Salem. Had the best breakfast in this cute cafe. I am a breakfast bish. I can eat breakfast any time. Day. Night. Anytime.  

Its a great place to live! I love it here. Where'd you go? Ugly Mug Diner? Red's? The Mug is a great favorite of mine!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Oh, and I think she purposefully breast feed little Covid in order to show dominance to Kobe, shock her parents, and get screen time on the show-it was a multifunctional breast feeding.

This is probably all true...except for the "shock" part.  The family seemed to not even notice, so she's probably been breastfeeding anytime/ anywhere since Day One.  Also, looks like little Koben is definitely in charge of scheduling all meal and snack times.  "DON'T TOUCH HIS FEET!"  Egad.  

• Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 8:54 AM, magemaud said:

Just from the 15 seconds I’ve seen of him, I’m not a fan of Patrick himself! 

Not to worry, Patrick is his own biggest fan!   "Thighs" will make sure his ego is roont while she stomps on his heart.

On 5/7/2022 at 10:22 PM, Frozendiva said:
On 5/7/2022 at 10:11 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Patrick got caught cheating twice with illegal supplements.  Disgusting.

Red flags.

The only thing pure about the guy is his STUPIDITY!

On 5/6/2022 at 8:44 PM, Frozendiva said:

No one on this show has an actual job?

A fabulous CAREER!  Patrick makes "$1,000 a day," peddling alarm systems door-to-door.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

This is probably all true...except for the "shock" part.  The family seemed to not even notice, so she's probably been breastfeeding anytime/ anywhere since Day One.  Also, looks like little Koben is definitely in charge of scheduling all meal and snack times.  "DON'T TOUCH HIS FEET!"  Egad.  

This is one point at which I feel at odds with most of you.  Breast-feeding a toddler is fine.  *Exclusively* breast-feeding at 18 months (IIRC), is not a good thing, and pumping while she's back at home actively breast-feeding doesn't make a lot of sense, but Kobe's "I need those breasts for myself" reasoning I can't get on board with.  Ignoring production shenanigans and the television fourth wall, she's been feeding in the privacy of her home.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I would say he is pretty skilled at finding dumbass white American women to screw. 

Wide-eyed Bini seems sweet, VERY naive, and because he was raised by women who continue to ADORE him--he probably has no "finding" skills at all.  Pushy, aggressive American women traveling to third-world countries were his downfall.

• Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 8:39 AM, Chloe Dog said:

I have to admit I'm agreeing with Kara about not getting a computer for her little guy.  In theory, anyways.  In practice, she needs some lessons in open discussion, not this authoritarian position she's taking.   They're probably pretty broke.   First, doesn't everyone pretty much use their phone for surfing?  My son & nieces do for everything.  My old eyes need a bigger screen for the most part, but he wouldn't have that problem.  Second, I wonder why these people can't do something a little more productive while they can't work.  Can't they volunteer somewhere?  I had a volunteer position just playing with cats at the animal shelter.  Surely they can do something without a green card?  Maybe I'm all wet.

I had completely forgotten this. Years ago a friend had a girl friend come on a visa and they married. There was a Red Cross on the same block as their apartment so she volunteered there. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I had completely forgotten this. Years ago a friend had a girl friend come on a visa and they married. There was a Red Cross on the same block as their apartment so she volunteered there. 

Remember how bored Fernanda was?  Doesn’t seem like the volunteering type at all lol.

(edited)

A nursing mother can sell her breast milk. Especially now, when  there is a serious shortage of baby formula.  
I wonder if Emily is still breastfeeding/pumping. I'm sure they could use the money.

Edited by kirklandia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, Breedom said:
On 5/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Patrick's brother John is a dead ringer for Bill Burr!! I can't look at him/hear him talk and not immediately think of Bill Burr. Also, the relationship between Patrick & Thais is sooo doomed because of John. John is going to be a major issue between them. 

Just like Uncle/Cousin Beau with Mike and Natalie, only Beau was kind of entertaining in his own way and not obnoxious and opinionated

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 5:04 PM, Breedom said:

USA. Let's see if something interesting pops up. I suspect Janice will now take over the sister's job with her intruding opinions, which will exactly mirror her daughters

Janice and Ari both bring up unpleasant topics (or, as Janice called it "constructive criticism") with the preface, "I'm not saying this to offend you, but..." and Janice reminded Ari to "say it with a smile" 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Bilal is giving the whole ghoulish lot of them the guidelines on how to treat Shaeeda.

Since the entire family was in on the "prank" but Shaeeda didn't find it funny, she will forever be considered humorless and "can't take a joke" by them. 

• Love 10

Shaeeda can do way better than Bilal, only been in the country for just over 1 or 2 days and gets mocked and humiliated...the stupid prank and then the on spot interrogating her why she's 37 and never been married or had children....and when she says she wants them...Bilal says she lives in a fantasy world if they want to live a certain life style...I have a feeling he's not a rich as he claims to be.  Why throw her under the bus for insulting their family home...which she really wasn't just he had obviously played it large he could provide and had a great job ...so of course she was confused...her first thoughts was maybe where does his money go...is he a gambler etc...has this man really got his life together? ...there  seems to a snooty vibe coming from them all, like she should be grateful that he chose her.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

Janice and Ari both bring up unpleasant topics (or, as Janice called it "constructive criticism") with the preface, "I'm not saying this to offend you, but..." and Janice reminded Ari to "say it with a smile" 

I think Ari said sandwich criticism between two compliments.  Of course that conditions the recipient of any future compliment to dread the soon to follow criticism.

28 minutes ago, nickieca1 said:

Shaeeda can do way better than Bilal, only been in the country for just over 1 or 2 days and gets mocked and humiliated...the stupid prank and then the on spot interrogating her why she's 37 and never been married or had children....and when she says she wants them...Bilal says she lives in a fantasy world if they want to live a certain life style...I have a feeling he's not a rich as he claims to be.  Why throw her under the bus for insulting their family home...which she really wasn't just he had obviously played it large he could provide and had a great job ...so of course she was confused...her first thoughts was maybe where does his money go...is he a gambler etc...has this man really got his life together? ...there  seems to a snooty vibe coming from them all, like she should be grateful that he chose her.

Yeah if he is such a catch he shouldn’t need to import a bride.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think Ari said sandwich criticism between two compliments.  Of course that conditions the recipient of any future compliment to dread the soon to follow criticism

yes, no matter what nice things they say to you, you'll always be waiting for the "BUT..." 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Don't come at me hard but in SOME Muslim families, the sons are elevated.  Seen it first hand.  Don't care for it.  My mom elevated my brother his whole life.  I assure you, he NOT a Bilal.   Worships his wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, nickieca1 said:

That takes me back to being a kid with almost no sports talent and being picked last for any gym sports team. Be grateful that *I* picked *you*? I choose me and would rather be single. So what if she hadn’t been married or had kids. People are different and she should not be forced to have a kid with a dud of a dude so that people don’t think anything is wrong with her. None of her future in laws’ business.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Don't come at me hard but in SOME Muslim families, the sons are elevated.  Seen it first hand.  Don't care for it.  My mom elevated my brother his whole life.  I assure you, he NOT a Bilal.   Worships his wife.

I don't think Bilal's status as golden child is because he and his family are Muslim, though. They're just assholes. 

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

That takes me back to being a kid with almost no sports talent and being picked last for any gym sports team. Be grateful that *I* picked *you*? I choose me and would rather be single. So what if she hadn’t been married or had kids. People are different and she should not be forced to have a kid with a dud of a dude so that people don’t think anything is wrong with her. None of her future in laws’ business.

Not only that, no matter what Shaeeda's past, they are going to find fault. Never married? Why? What's wrong with her? Oh, she's been engaged before? Why'd she call it off, what's wrong with her? She has no kids? What's wrong with her? She wants kids? What's wrong with her? Nothing she says or does will meet with their approval. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 5/8/2022 at 8:16 PM, Adeejay said:

It's rather easy to make Chicken Alfredo, especially since the cooking instruction is on the package.  Jibri and Miona pulled one of the most common tricks in the book.  In that when asked to do something, you do such a horrible job, that you will never be asked to do it again.  

I can't help but believe that Guillermo's brothers set him up to fail.  They told him that because Kara is older, she would boss him around.  So, everything she says and does is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Kare IS annoying, and likely IS ALSO a control freak, but she was RIGHT in this instance about not blowing 1/6th of their assets on a computer to be used as a toy by her imbecilic fiance.  Guillermo is an asshat based on his "what's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine" selfish mentality re their finances.  I'm positive he contributed nothing to the cost of the K-1 visa process, or for the air fare for Kara go to the DR to fly back with him or their air fares to the U.S.  And of course he won't be able to work for however long that post-marriage process takes.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with their sharing of Kara's computer, but no, this big crybaby wants to have his way, and he wants it now.  That honeymoon phase of them finally being together in the U.S. didn't last very long, now did it? 

I broke up with a former fiancee because of a similar mentality.  As a mostly always broke musician, I supported us both financially.  I even paid his child support for his daughter.  I also added him to all of my credit cards.  Call me stupid.  I deserve the title.  What finally prompted me to break up with him was when one day I accidentally opened up a piece of mail from our bank.  As it turns out, it wasn't for MY account with them.  It seems my ex had opened his own separate bank account to deposit money that he was secretly receiving from his mother back in New York.  At the time he was 38 or 39 years of age.  So not only was he mooching off of me, but also, his mother was enabling him.

I wonder how long Kara's patience will last with crybaby boy.  I no longer like him.  I feel like he's shown his true colors.  Yes, Kara seems like a nag, but he's a mooching crybaby loser.

• Love 3
On 5/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, anoninrva said:

Wasn't he bartending when she met him?  He might have to do some day labor if they're dirt poor and there's nothing else to find.

Right now, he's here legally, and on a sure path to green card and citizenship in just a couple of years. You're proposing that he break the law and screw that up? Risk getting deported and permanently banned just to make a few bucks doing unauthorized work? Unless he's literally sleeping on the street, he'd have to be incredibly stupid to do this.

I could maybe, kinda, sorta see joking with Shaeeda by _pulling up_ to the smaller house and maybe going inside. Ha ha, the look on your face, no, this isn't the real house, etc. A two-minute joke like that would not make me think Bilal was a prick. But a 24-hour "practical joke"? And judging her for being unhappy about it? Screw the whole Family Bilal for thinking that's OK.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Right now, he's here legally, and on a sure path to green card and citizenship in just a couple of years. You're proposing that he break the law and screw that up? Risk getting deported and permanently banned just to make a few bucks doing unauthorized work? Unless he's literally sleeping on the street, he'd have to be incredibly stupid to do this.

No, not at all.  I'm proposing that he not work now, as he isn't supposed to.  Once he's able to work, though, he does have job, language,  and people skills.  I think he has a leg up on some of the other contestants in those regards.

Maybe that was the spirit of the home depot comment that flew over my head?  Risking deportation for some quick bucks seems like a risky proposal to me.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

But sadly this is how many Americans think and see nothing wrong with it. As I mentioned in another thread I was asked by my wife's family why I couldn't go & stand outside Home Depot with the rest of them while waiting for the correct paperwork, yeah like anyone is going to pick up this white guy anyway. They didn't know or ask if I had any money of my own (I did) & as far as they & a lot of people were concerned I was here for a green card & a better life cus murica, end of story. Not everyone wants a green card but you do end up getting stuck here once you've sold everything ( including your house) and given up a well paying job of 17 years for love, yes we all do stupid shit.

2 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

No, not at all.  I'm proposing that he not work now, as he isn't supposed to.  Once he's able to work, though, he does have job, language,  and people skills.  I think he has a leg up on some of the other contestants in those regards.

Maybe that was the spirit of the home depot comment that flew over my head?  Risking deportation for some quick bucks seems like a risky proposal to me.

Contestants ? Strange wording to use but there you go.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2022 at 9:31 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Its a great place to live! I love it here. Where'd you go? Ugly Mug Diner? Red's? The Mug is a great favorite of mine!

I am sorry for the fire I heard about.  I hope the historical part of the town wasn't hurt.

• Love 1