Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E00: After the Race 2015

• Start Topic

I think it was good to do this half way through because last year when they did it at the end I barely remembered the first few teams.  Also there was just too many people jockeying for positon on the after show last year haha.   I only watched bits and pieces of this show tonight, seems like there was a lot of attention on Bob and Rex and them trying to make up for how bad they looked giving up 2 times.

ETA:  I know someone who is related to someone on the show this year.  She told me that her relative wasn't allowed to tell any family or friends or work that they were on the show until it was announced.  That is why I was surprised when Shawn said "when we told all our family and friends that we were going on the show, they were all worried about my shoulder".  The look on Jen's face was like "OMG we just blew our confidentiality agreement".

Edited by Blackie

The first five boots get their say once again? One just might call it a revived Elimination Station, but I do wonder where their Sequesterville was: Saskatoon?

P.S. Thanks for bestowing the Jets jerseys, Mr. Duthie!

I really wanted to hear Rex give some explanation about his comments that they didn't quit and the show screwed them over but I guess maybe it was all bull to begin with or someone from the show gave him a smackdown.

I like how James Duthie pointed out that all the teams were only bitter about the Express Pass because it wasn't given to them.

It was cute how excited Cormac got over the jersey.

Edited by Rachel RSL

It has been my pet peeve with TAR forever that it does not have a reunion show. Survivor has it, The Apprentice has it (sort of), but not TAR. When TwoP was still alive the most I could get was reading the TARCon thread. I am glad that TAR-C has not only a reunion show, but also a mid-season reunion as well as those early eliminatees typically do not get a lot of talking time at the final reunion. Having said that, I disliked last year reunion so much. Not about the program, but about the hosts, the women from The Social.

Having said that, I am not very crazy about eliminated teams talking smack behind those who are still competing. Somewhat cowardly, I think.

Final thoughts from Mickey and Pete -- Thank TARC for these chauffeurs. Because, damn !!  </completelysuperficial>

Pierre and Michel could not let it go about the taxi hijack in China -- what did they call Nicole that they had to bleep, and the host had to basically reign them in ?

Who did the hair on the women racers because Natalie, Meghan and Audrey all looked like they went to the same salon ?  Wasn't a big fan of what they did to their hair either, especially Audrey since she looks so much better au natural on the race.

Pierre and Michel could not let it go about the taxi hijack in China -- what did they call Nicole that they had to bleep, and the host had to basically reign them in ?

WOW that show kind of went to hell in the last minute.  I was only half paying attention by that part, and then the look on james Duthie's face was priceless.  I didn't catch what was said either but I hope someone can break it down.

Did Mickey tell Suki he had 4 thousand $$ now (to see her take her clothes off), haha that was funny!

Rex Harrington came off in this after show and the first one like a total bitch, like if he thought this was so beneath him.  I liked Suki andJinder so much better in the after show.  so much depends on the editing you get in the show.

• Love 1

According to  my closed caption, Bob didn't say he hoped the girls got Aids, he said he hoped they'd get "8th", as in 8th place(?), which I assume is where Rex and Bob finished?  Not sure, but yeah, it did sound like he said Aids, and I think a lot of the audience thought so too, hence the groan.

Whoever they had to bleep, I thought the host called him Dave?  Was there a Dave on the race?  Can't remember....

Bob tweeted that he said "I wish they got eight", as in 8 leg wins. Obviously he was being sarcastic. I'm glad it wasn't what many of us initially thought. Bob also confirmed it was Rex who was bleeped, although they didn't say what was said.

Edited by RunningMarket

Boy am I ever glad Rex and Bob were eliminated as early as they were. What nasty bitches they are, particularly Rex. His cynicism and sarcasm was mildly funny on the first show but he definitely took his ugly pills tonight.

Pierre and Michel could not let it go about the taxi hijack in China

I don't blame them for wanting to get their two cents in. They were slammed pretty hard by Nicole and several other teams in the midway After the Race show and weren't there to defend themselves so it's only fair that they got a chance to respond now. Unfortunately, the twin who did most of the talking didn't express himself very well...bit of a language barrier maybe?...and it didn't come off very well.

Wasn't a big fan of what they did to their hair either, especially Audrey since she looks so much better au natural on the race.

What bugged me more than Audrey's hair was her makeup, especially the eyes. Completely agree that her natural beauty shone through on the race but not so much tonight. And damn, Alain is hot!!! :)

thought it was"AIDS" for a second too, but then realized it was 8th.  

The ending conversation was between the twins and Cormac and his mom,  I thought maybe one of the twins  called her a bitch or something.   Why would Rex be butting himself into that fight.  He just seemed so unhappy, I think he was jealous that Audrey and Alain seem genuinely happy and in love, I wouldn't be surprised if Rex and Bob break up.

James could have asked Shahla and Nabeela what they thought of the Hugs Montage rather than simply forget/ignore them outright (however admittedly milquetoast they might seem).

P.S. Kudos to the Twins for referencing the unaired W-Turn in HK. (Still on Nicole's side, nonetheless~)

Interesting that they didn't even try to use Mr. Ginger Beard as the host here.

I wonder if our winners had to be pushed into a shower before this aftershow thing. Their faces look a bit shiny, like someone put a scrub brush to them, but otherwise it's Hemp City and gnarly tangled hair.

Also... hilarious that the Eco-friendly guys (one of them even went on about his Eco-friendly business) won the huge gas guzzler trucks and the gas for life.

Edited by Kromm

My closed captioning said that it was Dave who got bleeped. (Who is Dave? Is he the guy who injured his shoulder?) Anyway, it said that Dave said "Fockers". I think it's safe to assume he said "Fuckers", maybe he said it to himself but the mics picked it up.

Whoever did Audrey's eyebrows needs to be fired. They didn't do her any favours.

Edited by Rachel RSL

My closed captioning said that it was Dave who got bleeped. (Who is Dave? Is he the guy who injured his shoulder?) Anyway, it said that Dave said "Fockers". I think it's safe to assume he said "Fuckers", maybe he said it to himself but the mics picked it up.

Whoever did Audrey's eyebrows needs to be fired. They didn't do her any favours.

So was the bleeping part different depending on which coast you were watching it from? I am in B.C. and I don't watch with CC (and often find when I am somewhere where it is on even simple words are CC'd wrong). The twins brought up Rex and Bob almost being eliminated, then in the next epi u-turning (I guess the one we didn't see). It shows Rex replying, then we hear the beep when the camera is on the host and the host says "no language like that on the show". On the version I saw he doesn't say a name, but regardless there is no Dave (it was Shawn who injured his shoulder).  Since Rex was the one talking when the beep happened I would imagine he was the one who was beeped.

It was nice to see Nutmeg with professionally applied eye makeup. Hopefully they were given a tutorial at the same time on how to avoid raccoon eyes.

• Love 1

It was nice to see Nutmeg with professionally applied eye makeup. Hopefully they were given a tutorial at the same time on how to avoid raccoon eyes.

God, the Hockey Women's makeup is usually so awful. Their makeup was better, but for some reason it looked really bad on everyone else? Everyone looked a million years older. 

I mentioned this in the episode thread, but Mickey and Pete? Just stop with the "chasing babes" crap. There are ways to be cute and charming for real. Gross.

I did lol when they started talking about how affectionate Audrey and Alain were. It was cute, but at some point I was just kind of like...yeah, that's enough. Lol and then right after that question they went to commercial break and when the camera zoomed out you could Alain kissing Audrey's hand.

What is Rex's problem with Pierre and Michel? Were Rex/Bob one of the teams that Pierre/Michel tried to point the wrong way at some point? Like on one of the China legs? I usually think of Bob as the better natured one of the two, but he made a comment about Pierre/Michel having no friends among the racers and it seemed harsh. It's a game! Get over it. If you don't get mad when someone takes your pawn in chess then don't get mad when they race. As long as they're not trying to harm anyone or tamper with equipment or something (like the stuntmen from season 14 of the U.S. version). 

I don't think Pierre and Michel enjoyed being there. I saw one of them checking his watch at one point, probably wondering when it would end and he could leave. It must have been really hard for the average viewer to follow all the stuff they mentioned that was edited out of the show. I read about the extra U-Turn and all that on this board and even I had a hard time following everything. They should have asked them what happened at the Mentos challenge. I'm still wondering if the twin that did it is colourblind. 

• Love 1

First, thank Bell for James Duthie. Much, much better than the annoying women from The Social. However, why Jon himself did not host? He had valid reason last year, he was preparing for Sochi (which he then failed to qualify).

Why gave Rex and Bob and Cormac and Nicole a chance to speak? They had their chances on the mid-season episode. And the dominated that episode. This finale episode was supposed to be for Pierre and Michel and up to speak, including about what was said about them when they were not there.

Where did they shoot this episode? That studio seemed so small and crampy for a live show with audience. Between CTV and TSN, do they not have studios ample enough for that purpose? Canada AM sometimes has its broadcast close to the street when interviewing a group of people.

Time to revive this thread for tomorrow evening:

First 6 eliminated teams reunite on #AfterTheRace Wednesday with host @tsnjamesduthie right after #AmazingRaceCanada!

A little later than last time, eh?

CMD2nMhUkAAogLY.jpg

The mid-season AFTER THE RACE with James Duthie is airing after Episode 7 (Saskatoon) on August 19. The first 4 eliminated teams are confirmed, with additional eliminated "team(s)" to be announced.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/the-amazing-race-canada-makes-a-midway-pit-stop-with-after-show-special-after-the-race-aug-19-on-ctv/

• Love 1

Ok, let's discuss how much it irritated me when the teams who took penalties tried to claim that the penalties are there to be used strategically. Uh....no. The penalties are there to penalize a team that gives up. 

• Love 2

I do think anything not illegal in the race can be used strategically but it def is "strategic" giving up. Neil and Kristin would be the last to admit that, though.

Was fascinated by the stories of the struggles of the partner in the sand on the Quebec leg. Even the big, tough wrestlers. It was cold but I also kind of wonder if tptb tested it out with a person actually under the sandcastle or if they just assumed that part would be like relaxing in a beach chair. The example task just used a mannequin.

• Love 1

Thanks a bunch for updating the thread title! :)

Duthie's as buoyant as ever, and congrats to the Newfie lady-cops plus Team Lumsden for cracking the Top Three in the Favourite Team Contest, but massive ew @ the other contender.

• Love 1

Ok, I feel so out of touch with what the majority of viewers clearly think. I mean, Gino & Jesse won Fan Favourite? And Dana & Amanda (Is that even their names? I barely remember them.) came in 2nd?? Over Simi and Ope?? What up, Canada?

Who was the other blonde woman with J an J's mom, did they even say?  Was she one of the guys wife/ girlfriend or was she the mom's girlfriend?   Where I was watching it had descriptive audio and the literally called her "another blonde woman".

Yeah, Gino and Jesse fan favorite?   Didn't expect that, I didn't hate them, but didn't find them interesting in any way, shape or form, they were just a couple of alpha males, who should be expected to be good at such a race, and lo and behold they won.   Also surprised at the runners up, forgot they were even on the race, tho once my memory was refreshed I did like them.  Didn't a fan win free gas for a year also?  Did they mention it?

My favs were Brent and Sean, most entertaining, very respectful to each other, would've liked to see them pull off a win, but oh well.

Who was the other blonde woman with J an J's mom, did they even say?  Was she one of the guys wife/ girlfriend or was she the mom's girlfriend?   Where I was watching it had descriptive audio and the literally called her "another blonde woman".

I was thinking she might be their sister? They really should have introduced her too. That entire segment was just awkward to watch.

Ok, I feel so out of touch with what the majority of viewers clearly think. I mean, Gino & Jesse won Fan Favourite? And Dana & Amanda (Is that even their names? I barely remember them.) came in 2nd?? Over Simi and Ope?? What up, Canada?

Dana and Amanda are from Newfoundland. That should tell you all you need to know about why they came in second. Newfoundlanders are (in)famous for their phone-in and internet voting - they'll win nearly every poll out there. It's a warped provincial pride of some sort. *shrug*

It used to drive viewers of Canadian Idol nuts and there were many firsthand accounts of the lengths they'd go to to get their votes in and keep their contestants in long past their 'best by' dates. Even in curling if there's ever a favourite curler sort of poll, Brad Gushue will win or be very near the top. Newfies are a very loveable but strange bunch.  :)

• Love 2

Yeah I remember the Canadian Idol situation, the judges would get frustrated with us residents of other provinces for not giving our talent the same support. So if Newfoundland is willing to throw that much commitment into it, good for them and good for Dana and Amanda for thanking them. And good for the show/Petro Canada for not just burying the prize when G/J won.

I'd heard Gino and Jesse were popular, they're young and attractive I guess.

Didn't catch an acknowledgement/apology in that long defensive speech, Nick and Matt.