Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Chapter One Hundred and One: Unbelievable

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

THE AFTERMATH — As news begins to spread about the bombing at the Andrew’s home, Archie (KJ Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Jughead (Cole Sprouse) begin to deal with mysterious side effects from the explosion. Elsewhere, Veronica (Camila Mendes) spirals after learning that Hiram may have been involved, and Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) is consumed with guilt when she believes she may have had a hand in the explosion.

Original Airdate: March 20, 2022   8:00-9:00 p.m.    CW
RVD606b_0037r.jpg
RVD606b_0557r.jpg
RVD606b_0364r.jpg

Archie did something…….

and now we have a Riverdale with superpowers because of course we do.   I am by no means a Archie and Betty shipper.  I honestly think they are the only pairing on the entire show who have zero chemistry but they both have a knack for stirring up trouble so pairing them with super powers and having them run around town might be fun.  

Not sure what us going on with Jughead and if he is really deaf and the show is going somewhere with that with him.  While Archie and Betty gain superpowers Jughead loses more and more of his senses and sense of self.

Took me a second to remember who Abigale was.  I am curious what is going to go on with her.

And Veronica……best part of the episode is that Hiram Lodge is finally dead.    But his hand on the town is still there and hard to remove. 

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I honestly think they are the only pairing on the entire show who have zero chemistry

Jughead and Tabitha don't have any chemistry, either. They look like they're being forced to hug at gun point.

Agree that Archie and Betty are awful...and they were worse than usual this episode.

• Love 1

After watching that slow train wreck of an episode, I've come to 2 conclusions:

The title of the episode was correct.... completely unbelievable (superpowers really? What's next? Let me guess Jordan Elsass and Alexander Garfin will guest star when Jon and Jordan Kent happen to stop by Riverdale? ), and the writers of the show have officially run out of ideas. The only reason the actors have to be in this show is because they're contractually stuck.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, madhacker said:

The only reason the actors have to be in this show is because they're contractually stuck.

Most of the acting during this episode was noticeably bad.

I feel like the actors are really phoning it in at this point.

• Love 1

You guys are right, the main couples on this show don't seem to have much chemistry.  

I thought that in the alternate universe episodes, they were doing that in part so they could do some outlandish things like sticking Sabrina's magic in there.  But it appears that they've taken that craziness into the main universe and amped it up a notch.  Superpowers and witchcraft now, things have gone a long way since season one.  Funny how Archie and Betty have enhanced abilities, while Jughead appears to have been weakened by his experience (at least so far).  Oh, and don't forget Bingo the Superdog!  Or since he has healing powers, maybe he's more like Wolverine.

Odd that Reggie had to step back from the car dealership, it doesn't seem like that many episodes ago when he told his dad he was all in on it.

• Love 1

I wish I hadn't been spoiled about the superpower twist online, because seriously: any time I think this show can't surprise me, they manage to prove me wrong!

Because, yep, thanks to the explosion and possibly all of the stuff that went down in Rivervale (and maybe Abigail's curse too?  I really don't know anymore), Archie apparently is now invulnerable and has some form of super-strength, while Betty can now see the auras of people who are getting ready to commit evil acts or some kind of crazy shit like that.  Yeah, that's.... something.  And, naturally, both of them aren't freaked out about this and are more "Well, this is a new development!  Let us see how this plays out!" instead.  That's just life in Riverdale!  You've got to take things in stride!

On the flip slide, all Jughead seemed to get from that explosion was enough damage to his hearing that he's almost deaf now.  Talk about getting the short end of the stick here!

Anyway, besides the whole superpower thing, we get Veronica putting a hit out on her father, changing her mind, but the hitman claims he already did the deed and shows some kind of proof.  But since we don't actually see Hiram's dead body, I'm going to majorly doubt this development.  But it all leads to Hermosa now gunning for V, so maybe we'll see her again soon.

Oh, and Abigail was apparently possessing Cheryl's protege, but thanks to Nana Rose, Abigail's now controlling Cheryl herself.  Yup, that checks out!

Serpents and Ghoulies are now going to war thanks to Archie going all Jack Reacher on everyone, so Kevin's now on babysitting duty!

Trash Bag Killer is back, baby!

Agree that the cast seemed to be back to phoning it in, which is a shame since they actually seemed lively during the Rivervale arc.  You can tell they're just kind of getting bored here and it's hard to blame them.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Anyway, besides the whole superpower thing, we get Veronica putting a hit out on her father, changing her mind, but the hitman claims he already did the deed and shows some kind of proof.  But since we don't actually see Hiram's dead body, I'm going to majorly doubt this development.  But it all leads to Hermosa now gunning for V, so maybe we'll see her again soon.

At this rate, with superpowers now on the table, Hiram could be dead-dead but be resurrected as a zombie and come back with a vengeance.

Hell, Hal could be the TBK and have risen from the dead, at this rate. Anything is now possible!

I didn't sign up for this new Riverdale. What I liked about Riverdale, as fleeting as the moments could be, was the more realistic/human moments that the show provided. With superpowers and ghosts and possessions now canon, I'm not really sure if it's a show I'd want to keep watching. At the very least, it's not something I'd want to keep up with week-to-week, even on a Sunday when I have nothing else to watch. 

I'm very annoyed that Archie, Betty and Bingo get superpowers and Jughead goes deaf. I also don't trust the show enough with Jughead's plot. 

Veronica's plot COULD be good, if I trusted the show enough with doing it justice. But with Hiram's "death" being offscreen, it felt lackluster. 

Yawn to Cheryl being possessed by Abigail.

I just would not be surprised if the show doesn't get renewed...or it does, but half the cast renegotiates their contracts to either opt out early or feature in less episodes. 

• Love 3

It was hard for me to remember what happened before the Rivervale episodes. I guess it doesn't matter that much. I actually don't mind the writers leaning into the craziness by giving Archie and Betty superpowers. Once several of the main characters' parents turned out to be serial killers, any kind of realism was already off the table. Sure, make Cheryl a witch! Give us a bionic dog. Why not, at this point. 

Edited by Panda Bear
Typos!
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Affogato said:

Like Rivervale this may also be someone’s dream following the explosion, allowing the writers to explore another group of comic book tropes. 

I'm betting on another pocket/parallel universe (or a few of them, to explore different comic book tropes).

• Love 2
(edited)

You know that things have gotten ridiculous even Cheryl thinks that her most recent plot is ridiculous. At least having Abigail possessing her makes it more likely that we will get flashbacks so that I can laugh at Cole's stupid old timie mustache some more. 

I thought the whole point of the magic pocket dimension was to do a much of weird stuff and then go back to the regular world where where things are...not normal, but at least not outright supernatural, so why is all this weird crap still happening? Did the dimensions overlap and some magic get stuck in this world? Or is this just another pocket dimension and we will find out at the end of the season that we have just been exploring the Riverdale multiverse all along?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Or is this just another pocket dimension and we will find out at the end of the season that we have just been exploring the Riverdale multiverse all along?

That's my guess. Perhaps the bomb or Cheryl's curse created more than one universe. I think the writers want to play around with the supernatural without really committing to it.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 4/4/2022 at 5:25 PM, tennisgurl said:

Did the dimensions overlap and some magic get stuck in this world?

Or it was there all along, and we can finally get a proper CAOS crossover.

Or at least some magic was already around, if not in Riverdale. Since not only is there Sabrina and her supporting cast, Percival was already all over the country with powers of his own before he came to Riverdale. He might have come because of the explosion, or our heroes might have gotten powers because was coming.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

Hiram is definitely not dead.  They aren't going to kill the main Big Bad off-camera like that.  He faked his death and will come back for revenge, either later this season if they wrap up the current plot early, or next season.

• Love 1