Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E11: Worst. Dinner Party. Ever!

• Start Topic

On 3/17/2022 at 11:37 PM, Yeah No said:

Meanwhile, Lindsey actually does things with a similar motive.  She will "ride or die" for someone but she will expect that in return from them OR ELSE.  And so she's not being nice out of the goodness of her heart either, but with the expectation that the person will be good to her back.  And if they're not (and she's keeping score), there's hell to pay.  Neither one of them is what I would call "nice".

That’s Lindsey in a nutshell.  She’ll do something nice for someone, then expect the same or even more.  Her niceness comes with strings.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I wasn't watching the screen when he and MTS were at the store and I thought "Who is the gay friend of his?"

My husband said the same thing.  Chris is gay.  I said “no”.  He said “ definitely”.

• LOL 1
On 3/19/2022 at 10:06 AM, Leschele said:

She was sitting right by him on the shuttle when he went through her phone. He was thumbing through it in frontbl of her and all the other couples. It never said why he asked for it. She handed it to him with no reserve. She had nothing to hide. 

That was editing. Olajuwon was going through his phone own phone on the shuttle. They have black and white phones and he was in his phone. That doesn’t mean he didn’t go through her phone, but they didn’t have any video of that. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

That was editing. Olajuwon was going through his phone own phone on the shuttle. They have black and white phones and he was in his phone. That doesn’t mean he didn’t go through her phone, but they didn’t have any video of that. 

he was probably on his own dating app and then wondered whether katina was, so then grabbed her phone and looked for it

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, Elizzikra said:

He said it borrowed it but I don't know why he didn't just use his own phone.

He borrowed the phone to see who’s she’s talking with .. maybe guys.  He needs another excuse to beat her down.  He knows she’s very striking and is extremely jealous.  A real maniac who doesn’t trust her.

• Love 6
On 3/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, Crashcourse said:

I am so sick of Olajuwan calling Katina "my wife" all the time.  The way he refers to her sounds like she's some kind of possession of his.  He is so full of shit.  

I was watching The Forsyte Saga this weekend which is set around the 1800s to the early 1900s. Anyway, this reminded me of the main female character saying, “ I am not myself. Just someone’s wife” 

I think O is even worse than those 1800 husbands who by law considered their wives property. He has turned me off the show but I am still here to read your posts. 😂

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/17/2022 at 8:44 PM, kristen111 said:

Maybe his family were simple people.  Maybe they couldn’t afford to send him to college.  Maybe he doesn’t know about art, music and fancy food.  Maybe it’s not his fault.   Not everyone has the opportunity to learn these things.  Look at Oj.  Went to college and is an abusive asshole, and treats his wife like shit.  I don’t think Mark is the type to treat his wife badly.  Lots of sophisticated people are snobs, rude, and let you know it.  I’ve seen it at work years ago at parties where the higher ups brought their sophisticated wives who were horrors.

He doesnt know about tacos?? Dont you think that is weird? Since when are tacos considered fancy food? Mark has never heard of Taco Bell?  Thats not fancy. But he does speak 2 languages: South Boston and North End.

• LOL 2
On 3/19/2022 at 10:49 AM, Yeah No said:

He has to find a new job first.  He has so many things going on right now and between doing the show, having to find a job and dealing with Lindsey he's stressed to the max.  I don't think he'll be up to finding an apartment until after decision day.

Probably depends on when he gets his pay day. That fortune in MAFS money will buy him a bug-free bachelor pad. 💲💲

• LOL 2
46 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

He doesnt know about tacos?? Dont you think that is weird? Since when are tacos considered fancy food? Mark has never heard of Taco Bell?  Thats not fancy. But he does speak 2 languages: South Boston and North End.

He never ate them before. He knows tacos exist. 

I must remember not to admit never eating certain things on dates. Apparently it will make you look like a real weirdo if you haven't  tried certain things you don't have an interest in eating.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Probably depends on when he gets his pay day. That fortune in MAFS money will buy him a bug-free bachelor pad. 💲💲

I we are joking but do people understand that often in complexes bedbugs have nothing to do with you but what others bring in.

My mom lives in a building wear there are many tenants on the older side and things like bedbugs come up because THEY aren't cleaning properly. And you can get it too through common areas. She never had any but she keeps a distance from many of them. It doesn't actually mean Mark did anything wrong. People also often move into places and bring that crap with them and it affects others.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, kikicat said:

But I've never had bedbugs or lice or roaches because I'm a good f*cking person!

/s if that wasn't apparent

I wish Alyssa had bedbugs and a bunch of other terrible things. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2022 at 9:44 AM, Crashcourse said:

Yes, to all this.  Just because she travels and eats different foods, that doesn't make her "sophisticated."  She's been a loud, rude, obnoxious drunk on many occasions that we've seen her.

MORE sophisticated. On the beauty scale, if one person is a 2 and the other person is a 4, the 4 is hotter than the 2.  But neither is really hot.  Thats all we are saying.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2022 at 11:21 AM, Racj82 said:

These and the episode before the decision are always the worst. They are basically clip shows. Which is funny because it seems like we are basically getting a clip show next week. Mr. Fantastic doesn't stretch as much as Lifetime does with this show. I wish one of these spin offs would have taken off so that Lifetime would feel better about doing 1 hour episodes and less filler.

Geege?  Adults Adopting Adults?? The plastic surgery show???  You were rooting for these shows?? I think the filler is way better than any of these shows.  Thank God MAFS Australia is kicking off in a week.  This shit is boring.  Australia brings it.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

He never ate them before. He knows tacos exist. 

I must remember not to admit never eating certain things on dates. Apparently it will make you look like a real weirdo if you haven't  tried certain things you don't have an interest in eating.

Yes, if a women told me she never had a taco, I would think she is weird- unless she was from a different country. I dont eat squash, but I have had it before.

45 minutes ago, Gator Stud said:

Yes, if a women told me she never had a taco, I would think she is weird- unless she was from a different country. I dont eat squash, but I have had it before.

I'd raise an eyebrow for sure, but I'm a foodie.  I wouldn't necessarily think they were weird.  One's DNA and/or upbringing can be the cause of very picky eating.  Food may taste different to Mark than to other people, making him avoid common foods.  He may even have an eating disorder involving being very avoidant of trying new foods.  Or his parents may have been somewhat food avoidant themselves and didn't encourage him to try new foods when he was growing up.  In many such cases if a person doesn't break out of a very picky eating pattern by a certain age it becomes very hard to do so in adulthood.  Just from what I've seen of Mark so far I think any of the above is a possibility.  I get the feeling he is very picky or food restrictive about food, more than most people.  I'm wondering if he keeps the Goldfish in his trunk just in case he goes somewhere and gets hungry and can't find something he likes to eat.

I knew a guy once that was a very picky eater.  He was from Rhode Island.  He only ate bread, pasta with red sauce, pizza, tomato soup, steak, cheeseburgers, and French fries.  He would occasionally have New England clam chowder (go figure because otherwise he didn't eat any fish or seafood).  He wouldn't even eat chicken or any vegetables other than potatoes!  He once told me that he didn't avoid food, it's just that most of it didn't taste good to him.  That sounds to me like a DNA thing.

This article sheds more light on the causes of picky, unadventurous and restrictive eating.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gator Stud said:

Being single forever looks like the better option everyday.

2 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I never had a taco.  Don't want one either.  I'm American.  I might be a freak but I'm not weird.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Geege?  Adults Adopting Adults?? The plastic surgery show???  You were rooting for these shows?? I think the filler is way better than any of these shows.  Thank God MAFS Australia is kicking off in a week.  This shit is boring.  Australia brings it.

I just hope it stays the same with no interruption from production.  

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I just hope it stays the same with no interruption from production.  

There is nothing to change. They are just re-airing what has already played overseas.

• Love 1

Now that I have been watching the MAFS marathon today, I have finally figured out why O keeps referring to Katina as 'my wife'.

He simply can't remember what her name is!

He displays an attitude of seeing her as an object, something there for his convenience. 

Took me a while to really catch on - guess I'm either slow on the uptake or cut him too much slack where it was not merited.

Even the look on his face in the current episode showing (This is my Decision Day) is one of condescending tolerance of her obvious shortcomings.

He can rot.

I still do not like Katina, but, still, RUN, KATINA, RUN.

Okay...I admit it....my cold, dark heart jumped with joy at the look on Alyssa's face as Chris kicked her to the curb.

She REALLY expected him to act like a needy schmuck and say he was willing to continue as long as she claimed she was 'still trying'. I LOVED it when he mentioned the two things that he wanted and one (I think) was to get the commitment he thought he was getting, and the other was that they have the result they would each be happiest with - and when he said that would be for them to NOT be together any longer (!!!!!!) she was total deer in the headlights!

That was the moment I realized all she had been doing was trying to manipulate HIM (she'd already been able to manipulate the situation thanks to wishy-washy production) into following her lead, and he had just smacked her in the forehead with an epic fail. He could not have set it up so perfectly if he had been trying, but he was so forthcoming with her all along about what he expected (in spite of her objection of his using the word commitment as a means of disrespecting her) that I just can't hold him at fault in this.

The only thing I wonder is - did production fill him in (videos included) on what Alyssa had been saying to them all along? Sauce for the goose, as the saying goes.

• Love 4

Mark never eating sushi seems more common than not ever having eaten a taco. I know lots of people who don't like sushi (myself included). But I would definitely be surprised and give some side eye if I ever met someone who said that they had never had a taco - not that they didn't like them but that they had never had one. I can't even wrap my head around that, but I live in California. Half the population is Hispanic and delicious Mexican food is everywhere. Tacos are almost a religion here. The local AAA baseball team here even renames themselves the Tacos as a promotion every once in a while.

No shade to picky eaters, but a taco is not exotic and can contain many different ingredients - different meats (or no meat), vegetables and sauces. Even the shell can be many things. It can be vegetarian or gluten free. It is just hard to comprehend Mark not eating any version of a taco at any time in his life.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Watching last weeks episode again.  Jasmina talks down to Mike like she’s talking to one of her students.  Like he is below her, and she knows better.

I hope his week, there’s no exercising shown and silly games they play to waste time.  Waste of my time.

I just watched when Mike took Lindsey for sushi.  It was rehearsed.  He told her what a wonderful person she is, and other pleasantries to keep her at bay until decision day.  He was over the top with all nice bullshit.  He wants to go out as the nice guy.  Lindsey will never get along with anybody.  If he stays with her on the day, it won’t be for long, as she’s impossible.

• Love 2

Lindsey is not a nice person.  Whenever they have a fight, she brings up everything that is wrong with him, and all his bad habits, which are personal.  Plus, she’s throws in his face everything she has done for him. Bye, girl.  She’s not for anyone, as she hurts people with that razor tongue of hers.

• Love 1
On 3/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, Empress1 said:

Yeah, I remain on the “it’s not that serious that he doesn’t have a 9-5” tip. If his bills are paid, which they appear to be, it’s fine. It may not be fine for Noi, but that’s a separate issue (and I blame the experts, not Steve, for that). There are lots of ways to support oneself and a family that don’t involve a traditional, punching a clock 9-5, especially if you work in tech like he does. It seems like he, like many, is using this time to figure out what he wants his life to look like and he wants more flexibility. 

This would be fine and dandy, if we had seen any indication at all that he is actually considering how to support himself and his family in the future.  He doesn't appear to be just wanting some work flexibility...he appears to want the ultimate flexibility, which is no work at all!  I am really hoping that it's just producer shenanigans, and that either he has explained to her about some enormous nest egg that means he'll never have to work again (and at their age and with the desire to raise a family in the Boston area, his nest egg would need to be in the several millions of dollars) or that he has mapped out how he can maintain a non-traditional work schedule and still provide his share toward whatever their financial goals are.  

On 3/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, Yeah No said:

Why he wants to work right now is beyond me.  Maybe he's trying to run away from the stress and the issues he's knee deep in right now but I think he needs to deal with them and not run away.  He only has a month or less to go before decision day so how he's going to find a job so fast and then go back to the other one after filming is over is beyond me.  

Yes, that is exactly what I don't understand either!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, kirklandia said:

Not that it matters, but – – I don't think Lindsey was poking the radio buttons in the car. When she was pushing the buttons, Mark said something like - no you can't look, it's a surprise, I don't want you to know where we're going. So she was trying to turn on the navigation system.

So I'll give her a pass for that, kinda cute. But I don't give her a pass for constantly poking Mark himself, and pushing his buttons.

I view it way less as 'cute' and more as disrespectful and invalidating someone else's boundaries.  Mark made it very clear that this was a surprise for her, and he just wanted the freedom to conduct the surprise in his own way.  B*tch couldn't even let that happen.

On 3/17/2022 at 12:31 AM, Yeah No said:

Judging from the previews, it looks like Steve isn't going to be able to live up to being a "house husband".  Didn't he realize that Noi was going to hold him to his word?  He thinks that if he doesn't work she should still do some of the housework?  Yeah....NO.

Gotta disagree here.  I definitely think that a working person should still do at least some of the housework.  Putting all of it onto just one person turns them basically into the hired help all day and disassociates the wage earner from any responsibility for the house.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:17 PM, OFDgal said:

I didn't think the animal print shirt? and dog-wear were very romantic anniversary gifts.  He said that he looked in her closet and she didn't have any animal prints so he thought she would like them.  That sure didn't make sense to me.  If she didn't have them in her closet, then she probably doesn't like them I would think.

I'm torn on this.  I do agree that finding a lack of an item in someone's closet, does not suggest a need for gifting that item, unless there has been conversation about wishing for that item.  But getting clothing for her very cherished, loved, and adored dog, and clothing for her to match the dog, is very romantic in a different kind of way.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

I wasn't talking about those shows I was talking about the actual MAFS spin offs. Couples cam, second chances, unmatchables and the one where the people were supposed to choose their own spouses from selected people. With some tweaking they all could of done much better but all failed.

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Mark never eating sushi seems more common than not ever having eaten a taco. I know lots of people who don't like sushi (myself included). But I would definitely be surprised and give some side eye if I ever met someone who said that they had never had a taco - not that they didn't like them but that they had never had one. I can't even wrap my head around that, but I live in California. Half the population is Hispanic and delicious Mexican food is everywhere. Tacos are almost a religion here. The local AAA baseball team here even renames themselves the Tacos as a promotion every once in a while.

No shade to picky eaters, but a taco is not exotic and can contain many different ingredients - different meats (or no meat), vegetables and sauces. Even the shell can be many things. It can be vegetarian or gluten free. It is just hard to comprehend Mark not eating any version of a taco at any time in his life.

I think we could all move on from the food thing. No one is weird. People eat what they want to eat. People grow up differently. People have different tastes and interests. Tis life.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes, that is exactly what I don't understand either!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:02 PM, kirklandia said:

It's another thing for her to throw in his face. He's a no job having loser. She can say that's what she wants. He doesn't trust it. Neither do I.

Why would he want to spend more time with Lyndsey?

Some people don't like having idle hands. They need to be working. Getting up and going out. Being productive.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, kikicat said:

But I've never had bedbugs or lice or roaches because I'm a good f*cking person!

/s if that wasn't apparent

Speaking of the good person, bet she was an only child whose parents never said “no” to her.  She probably stomped her feet when told no.  What a horror of a person.  So happy he dumped her.

I'm torn on this.  I do agree that finding a lack of an item in someone's closet, does not suggest a need for gifting that item, unless there has been conversation about wishing for that item.  But getting clothing for her very cherished, loved, and adored dog, and clothing for her to match the dog, is very romantic in a different kind of way.  

I think what he said about one day all three of them wearing matching animal print outfits for a family photo was sweet.

• Love 1
On 3/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, kristen111 said:

Speaking of the good person, bet she was an only child whose parents never said “no” to her.  She probably stomped her feet when told no.  What a horror of a person.  So happy he dumped her.

Alyssa would be a horror with or without siblings.  That only child thing about being spoiled is a myth. 

On 3/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, Ilovepie said:

I believe the term for Mark is basic. WYSIWYG.........but I would say that I would take that over the controlling asshole Olajuwon any day. And being able to navigate social situations (unlike his wife) makes him the winner here in my eyes, taco and sushi or no.....

I think it's really a shame with Mark because he wants to be married so badly and was prepared to work for it, but they matched him with this unhinged woman, who may be more worldly and sophisticated, but is mean, crude and has no social graces. If they had maybe picked a more basic woman he could have been one half of a MAFS success. I feel the same about Chris. Two decent guys ready to be married wasted on stupid MAFS drama.

I have been out of town all week and haven't watched this episode. I might just FF to the dinner and skip the rest based on all of the comments here - will that work?

Yes, Mark is a basic American guy, and there’s nothing wrong with that.  I don’t see anything wrong with the guy, and I’ll have to watch more closely.  I don’t see anything wrong with his ton of goldfish either.  That’s his prerogative.  Some people have a ton on Pot in their trunks.  Is that better?  In this world, you have “Chiefs”, but you also have to have “Indians” too.  I don’t get all this Mark bashing.  The way he wants to live is his prerogative.  He’s not a dirtbag because he didn’t go to college or loves to eat Goldfish, and not suchi.  A teacher in a business class once said “dont go by a guy who has an ill fitting suit on, as he may be a CEO in disguise, and wants to see how certain people treat him by the way he looks.  I’ll never forget that.  (Can’t fix errors).

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
On 3/19/2022 at 12:20 AM, Gator Stud said:

Im going to have to agree with the other people.  Mark seems homely.  He has never had tacos or sushi, and probably not Indian food.  He seems simple minded.  Lindsey sounds educated when she is not wasted. She has eaten all types of food. She has traveled to different countries.  She supposedly speaks Spanish. She lives in a better neighborhood.  She makes more money.  She bangs engineers.  She does it all.  Mark is just basic.  He seems like an ok guy, but very simple. Sometimes, when Lyndsey is not drunk she sounds very perceptive.  But because she knows all of this, she constantly cuts him down and looks down on him. She is mean to him, even if what she is saying is true. She does something really nice for him, but then she kicks him in the balls on national tv. Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold.

If he’s all you say he is, why does Lindsey want to spend the rest of her life with him?  He’s not up to her standards.  Why does she say “i love this man”.?

• Love 1

I don’t see anything wrong with his ton of goldfish either.  That’s his prerogative.  Some people have a ton on Pot in their trunks.  Is that better?

Both. I'll bet Goldfish are a great cure for the munchies.

• LOL 2

There's nothing wrong with Mark for the right woman.  I just don't see him as that bright but he doesn't have to be for a woman that feels he is on her level that way.  I also see him as a little immature and even naive, but I see a lot of the people on this show that way.  It's probably one of the biggest reasons why many of them are unsuccessful in the relationship department.  Reasons for that vary for sure, but I see a pattern with that on this show. 

When I think back to dating, I dated men I didn't feel were on my level, but I didn't end up with any of them.  I think Lindsey wants to make a go of things with him even though she's not happy with a lot about him.  I'm not saying that's a thing to admire about her.  With her it's just kind of scary and sad because she will just stay around and make the guy's life miserable.  Who wants a life of that?  Ugh.

• Love 5
On 3/25/2022 at 10:03 AM, kristen111 said:

Some people have a ton on Pot in their trunks.  Is that better?

Than Goldfish? Lolz....Yes?  If Mark had a ton of pot in his trunk, I would tip my hat and give him mad props. 

• LOL 3
On 3/25/2022 at 2:31 PM, kristen111 said:

If he’s all you say he is, why does Lindsey want to spend the rest of her life with him?  He’s not up to her standards.  Why does she say “i love this man”.?

You think I am defending Lindsey?  Lolz. I think Mark is an ok guy.  I just think he is kinda basic.  Im not saying it makes him a "dirtbag" or a bad guy. 

• Love 3
On 3/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, Yeah No said:

There's nothing wrong with Mark for the right woman.  I just don't see him as that bright but he doesn't have to be for a woman that feels he is on her level that way.  I also see him as a little immature and even naive, but I see a lot of the people on this show that way.  It's probably one of the biggest reasons why many of them are unsuccessful in the relationship department.  Reasons for that vary for sure, but I see a pattern with that on this show. 

When I think back to dating, I dated men I didn't feel were on my level, but I didn't end up with any of them.  I think Lindsey wants to make a go of things with him even though she's not happy with a lot about him.  I'm not saying that's a thing to admire about her.  With her it's just kind of scary and sad because she will just stay around and make the guy's life miserable.  Who wants a life of that?  Ugh.

I just think she feels this is her last chance for a husband.  She’s probably went thru a slew of them and came up empty.  She’s certainly on the wrong track tho. He’s probably done.

If marrying on the same level is the right way to go, why then did three experts pair these couples together, especially Mark and Lindsey?  Many people marry not on the same level and have very successful marriages.  Plus, lots marry on the same level and the marriages don’t work.  It’s a gamble either way.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I just think she feels this is her last chance for a husband.  She’s probably went thru a slew of them and came up empty.  She’s certainly on the wrong track tho. He’s probably done.

If marrying on the same level is the right way to go, why then did three experts pair these couples together, especially Mark and Lindsey?  Many people marry not on the same level and have very successful marriages.  Plus, lots marry on the same level and the marriages don’t work.  It’s a gamble either way.

It's interesting that you say that because I think it depends on how one interprets "on the same level".  I mean it that you have to feel that the person is "on your wavelength".  Maybe some people might think my husband and I are not on the same level.  I have a master's degree.  He has a GED.  I worked in education and the corporate world.  He worked in automotive and limo. driving.  But I think we are definitely on the same level!  In Mark and Lindsey's case I'm not feeling that they are on the same level.  Their interests seem different, their tastes, their outlook, their styles of relating and probably other things too.  Those things are probably more important than the external stuff.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's interesting that you say that because I think it depends on how one interprets "on the same level".  I mean it that you have to feel that the person is "on your wavelength".  Maybe some people might think my husband and I are not on the same level.  I have a master's degree.  He has a GED.  I worked in education and the corporate world.  He worked in automotive and limo. driving.  But I think we are definitely on the same level!  In Mark and Lindsey's case I'm not feeling that they are on the same level.  Their interests seem different, their tastes, their outlook, their styles of relating and probably other things too.  Those things are probably more important than the external stuff.

Yes, and yet she wants him.  Probably as he’s the last resort.  I’m wondering how many men she’s gone thru.  😀

• Love 2
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, and yet she wants him.  Probably as he’s the last resort.  I’m wondering how many men she’s gone thru.  😀

I think all of them.  At least all of the engineers.  She said she slayed it out with them. Also she was asking the other wives whether she slept with their boyfriends or husbands.  But I dont judge.  If that is what makes her happy, I am happy for her.