Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E15: Thick As Thieves

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

I had the kid from the store pegged from his second appearance onscreen. And I am generally terrible predicting the way these things end - I just don't pay enough attention. Enjoyable story though as I am liking Parker's character. I also like that there are new things to learn about him - unlike Gibbs, who we explored pretty thoroughly over nearly two decades.

What were Jimmy and Knight doing getting ready for the wedding at work?

• Love 11

I enjoyed this episode as it was Parker's first big showcase episode, and he is my favorite (very magnetic character).

I agree with other internet chatter that this episode's Parker topic (his old juvie pal from philly) came out of left field / was a bit of a letdown.

His first showcase episode could have been why boats give him traumatic memories, since they've mentioned that this season in "Docked" and "All Hands". Casual viewers have short memories.

If the show ended more "in its usual fashion", end scene could be Parker having his turn in Jimmy's basement getting his foot checked out and x-rayed.

Great episode. As a die-hard Person of Interest fan, I was super delighted to see Kevin Chapman. Fusco lives on!!!!! I do hope they bring him back every now and then.

I don't care if they were getting ready at work. Jimmy in a tux was a pleasure although I wanted to see them both doing the chicken dance. The mystery was an easy one to solve but giving Gary Cole some backstory is well worth it.

• Love 13

I wanted to see Nick do the chicken dance. 

I want to see Knight and Palmer stylishly swooping around the dance floor in all their finery making goo-goo eyes at each other. 

Jimmy deserves some happiness.  Maybe Knight is the one to give it to him?  I dunno.  When she asked him to be her plus one, it was so adorkably awkward between the two of them that it does make me wonder if there's feelings on both sides.  Was Jimmy just happy to get out of the house have somewhere new and different to go, or was he especially happy it was Knight asking him?  The way his eyes lit up when he saw her approaching the bullpen in that killer dress were certainly expressive!

I was kind of "meh" on the case of the week.  I was glad to get some Parker backstory, but once we learned it, I wasn't all that interested in it.  It was nice that he kept the old ties, and leveraged them nicely--he is a keen judge of character--but the backstory didn't move me much.  And where were the baked goods?

• Love 2

It was a nice filler epi and we got some background on Parker.  I was glad to see Kevin Chapman and not have him be a bad guy.  And yes, the case was easy to figure out because as has been said, as soon as they showed the young guy at the market, I figured he was responsible.

Didn't get why Knight was so apprehensive about asking Palmer to be her plus one.  She was totally fine with asking McGee who's married or even Parker who's her supervisor but not Palmer?  I'm fine with them being friends but I really don't care about work place romances.

They both did look nice though and while it's not unheard of for folks to change at work for some after work functions, the only reason it made sense in this case was so their co-workers could ooh and aah at how good they both looked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, milkyaqua said:

Didn't get why Knight was so apprehensive about asking Palmer to be her plus one. 

This was why I was thinking there might be feelings on her side for Palmer.  Which would be nice.  Yeah, yeah, workplace romances and all that, but I think it would be nice if Knight and Palmer developed a really low key relationship on the QT that we only occasionally catch glimpses of.

• Love 1

I guess Gary Cole doesn't have a son the right age who's into acting. I didn't think either kid would grown up to look like Parker and Billy. Still want info on Parker's parents. Where were they when he was being a delinquent? Yes to Knight and Palmer in evening wear!

• Useful 1
49 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, yeah, workplace romances and all that, but I think it would be nice if Knight and Palmer developed a really low key relationship on the QT that we only occasionally catch glimpses of.

Except this show doesn't believe in "low key."

• LOL 3

Having Knight being all sorts of awkward while asking Jimmy to be her plus one was an interesting choice. I'm not sure it signals a ship though. Jimmy's been a widower for what now? A year? I rather think it was done to add layers to Knight as a character. She's okay asking out anyone who's in the safe platonic side due to work-proximity: Torres, Parker, McGee. But she's not working daily at Jimmy's side so he's an unknown quantity and that makes her nervous. And for Jimmy it was a wake-up call - I mean once you've reached the stage where you look forward to watching a documentary on documentaries it's time to take a long hard look at some of your life choices. (That said it would be an interesting ship to watch. The only other show that tried something like this (that I remember) is Numb3rs.)

Neat episode giving us some background for Parker. And as a POI fan I'm always glad to see Kevin Chapman.

• Love 2

Good episode despite the fact that I pegged the killer almost immediately, he was one of the most obvious killers ever. Still I liked the case and it was nice to get more of a feature for Parker, Parker is a quality replacement for Gibbs and I like him a lot. 

Not sure what to make of Palmer and Knight but there does seem to be an attraction there, and I like both characters a lot. I don’t want the show to get bogged down with a romance between 2 main characters so if they do go there I hope they keep it low key. Knight is way better than Bishop ever was.

I think getting some fresh characters has helped the show a lot and I like the dynamic between everyone. 

• Love 5

What's with hopping between Philadelphia and D.C. as if they are right around the corner from each other?  Parker runs up to confront Billy.  Billy comes to D.C. to get info from NCIS.  Back and forth and forth and back.  They're something like 140 miles away, more than a couple of hours.

It's like when they run to Norfolk all the time as if it's a Washington suburb.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, buckboard said:

What's with hopping between Philadelphia and D.C. as if they are right around the corner from each other?

That always bugs me about this show.  I would cut them some slack in that maybe these cases stretch out over weeks rather than the few days we assume, but when Parker growled that he'd take care of it, and then the next scene has him in Philly like it was just down the block...

They also do that with hopping on helicopters from the Navy Yard and then land on a ship somewhere out in the Atlantic.  Like....waaaay out in the Atlantic, not just offshore.  Or the time there was a mishap at a Neptune Party, which is when a ship crosses the equator and those who have never done that before go through a special and wacky ceremony.  Yet they took a helo from DC to the equator.  

It must be some writers taking shortcuts.  At other times much is made regarding laborious transport to Guantanamo or Puerto Rico, which is way more realistic.

NCIS:LA does it too, when it takes but a minute to get anywhere in the LA or Long Beach area, and a scant half hour to travel to San Diego.

• Love 2
On 3/15/2022 at 1:26 PM, chitowngirl said:

Perhaps the venue was closer to work than both of their homes? 

Was the wedding the same day that she asked him to go?  If so, that would mean Jimmy has a tux at work?

• Love 1
On 3/17/2022 at 10:40 AM, lh25 said:

Was the wedding the same day that she asked him to go?  If so, that would mean Jimmy has a tux at work?

IIRC, Jimmy was wearing a suit, not a tux.  He may well keep a suit at work in case he has to go to court on short notice.

• Love 9
On 3/18/2022 at 11:14 AM, Driad said:

IIRC, Jimmy was wearing a suit, not a tux.  He may well keep a suit at work in case he has to go to court on short notice.

Good catch.  I found a pic online, and you are right!

On 3/16/2022 at 12:22 AM, buckboard said:

What's with hopping between Philadelphia and D.C. as if they are right around the corner from each other?  Parker runs up to confront Billy.  Billy comes to D.C. to get info from NCIS.  Back and forth and forth and back.  They're something like 140 miles away, more than a couple of hours.

It's like when they run to Norfolk all the time as if it's a Washington suburb.

So true.  And for any DC-area folks, did you notice the problem with the VA license plates?  When Parker and McGee were in the car going to the warehouse area where they ended up seeing the DEA guy, the license plate on the car Parker was driving had VA tags that said D3L-1758.  But the first three characters on VA plates don't mix letter and numbers...they are all letters.  However, the icing on the cake, is that when Parker first pulled up, the tag was D3L-1758, but when he drove around and the DEA guy ran into the car, the license plate had magically changed to K3T-1853!

• Love 2