Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/14/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

It was worth it to sit through anything to see Michael and to learn Joy is as crazy about him as I am. Had to text my daughter-in-law yesterday to set her DVR but of course she has it set so any time he is on it tapes.  
I do not remember seeing Michael singing to BW but that was the year my husband was sick, so had to track it down and it was very sweet to  both of them sitting on stools with a screen behind them with shots of her famous interviews. 
Does anyone know what Whoopi’s shirt says ? 

Edited by athousandclowns
Question
  • Love 1

I think Whoopi had a very common-sense view on the topic of parents. Children view their parents as superhuman, but in reality, they are only human and any fault or frailty that you or your friends might have, they might have too. Some years ago, I came to the conclusion that my parents did the best they could with what they had, given who they were. They may not have been the kind of idealized parents I wanted, but overall, they did enough to get me through to adulthood. The rest of my personal development is up to me.

• Love 7

I really enjoyed todays show.  The three were great and I really liked Eboni K.  She was there on a moments notice and really filled in.  I think Housewives was a great kickoff training point for this position.  

• Love 3

I’ve never set eyes on that Williams person before and I never intend to again. She’s unbearable. I think by the third time she addressed Whoopi and Ana as “ladies” I was out. 

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

I’ve never set eyes on that Williams person before and I never intend to again. She’s unbearable. I think by the third time she addressed Whoopi and Ana as “ladies” I was out. 

I didn’t watch, but, if you got through the show without her calling anyone a White Supremist, she was off her game.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I didn’t watch, but, if you got through the show without her calling anyone a White Supremist, she was off her game.

I did get as far as her saying she tracked down her biological father last year but there is still not a father-daughter relationship. Gee, I wonder why. She seems to be extremely high maintenance and somebody I’d go out of my way to avoid at a party.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 4
On 3/17/2022 at 11:19 AM, njbchlover said:

Wow...Sunny's disdain and dislike for Alyssa is totally apparent - I can almost feel the hate coming from my TV.

If Sunny has anything to say about it, I can't see Alyssa getting that seat on the panel.

Remember when Griffin was a guest host this past fall and Sunny all but called her a Storm Trooper? I'm 100% with Sunny on this issue. If Griffin or Grisham get the 5th chair then I'm done with this show. I'd go into details but board rules and also because I'd probably be preaching to the choir anyway.

Does anyone know how often the hosts are being Covid tested these days? Are they being rapid tested each time? I wonder how Griffin could be there yesterday and out with Covid today if they are always getting rapid tests.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Remember when Griffin was a guest host this past fall and Sunny all but called her a Storm Trooper? I'm 100% with Sunny on this issue. If Griffin or Grisham get the 5th chair then I'm done with this show. I'd go into details but board rules and also because I'd probably be preaching to the choir anyway.

Does anyone know how often the hosts are being Covid tested these days? Are they being rapid tested each time? I wonder how Griffin could be there yesterday and out with Covid today if they are always getting rapid tests.

Yeah that's what I was wondering.  Is that why Sunny was out?  Man this chick (Alyssa whatever) could taken down everyone! Where's the weapons? Time to bear arms!  Lol I'm kidding eyes in the wall. Just a joke.  Does this beat when Whoopi, Sunny and Ana were all called out mid episode and there's was only Joy and Sara?  Yeah I think it's pretty even.  One more person today for a full episode.  Still I think it was more comical with Joy and Sara.  Take it on the road Ladies.

P.s. I think that was when Whoopi was out due to another medical issue and it was only Sunny and Ana that tested false positive.  I wonder if Sara tested? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ForumLou said:

Yeah that's what I was wondering.  Is that why Sunny was out?  Man this chick (Alyssa whatever) could taken down everyone! Where's the weapons? Time to bear arms!  Lol I'm kidding eyes in the wall. Just a joke.  Does this beat when Whoopi, Sunny and Ana were all called out mid episode and there's was only Joy and Sara?  Yeah I think it's pretty even.  One more person today for a full episode.  Still I think it was more comical with Joy and Sara.  Take it on the road Ladies.

P.s. I think that was when Whoopi was out due to another medical issue and it was only Sunny and Ana that tested false positive.  I wonder if Sara tested? 

Whoopi was out that day (9/24/2021) due to sciatica (the next time she was on, she was using a cane). 

11 hours ago, Mldyold said:

Interesting opening.  Whoopie saying "the day we have had today, insane and crazy" and then no Sunny or Alyssa.  Wonder if there was something up in the prep before the show or were they both in quarantine today? 

The show seems to be going smoothly with just the three.

I think it's more to do with Ana being the only planned person actually being there lol. Whoopi's supposed to be off, Eboni ran down the street when she got the call last minute. 

Which is hilarious because she was just on WWHL talking about how she hopes to be on The View again. 

• Love 2

I really enjoyed today's show. No drama, and no Sunny. 

I never saw Eboni, but I liked hearing her story...and she wasn't afraid to jump in and participate. And if they need a resident lawyer, I'd prefer Eboni over Sunny any day!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And the chair switcheroo 😄

I don't get this.  Are they different chairs, and I don't think they are but If they are, what would be the purpose of switching them?

20 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

Do we think everyone will be in studio come Monday or will they be remote for the week?

Better not be remote.  They've proven they can get by with a skeleton crew, and they've had 48 hours to work it out 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'd rather have them be remote for one week if that's the only way Joy (and Sunny) can be there.

If not, I could see Ana being there the full week to make up for their absence. Her, Sara, Whoopi, and the guest would make a table of four. *shrug*

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ForumLou said:
18 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And the chair switcheroo 😄

I don't get this.  Are they different chairs, and I don't think they are but If they are, what would be the purpose of switching them?

Wednesday, Joy (who ALWAYS sits in the middle chair) was sitting in the chair next to Whoopi.  I'm sure that threw her mojo off!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Wednesday, Joy (who ALWAYS sits in the middle chair) was sitting in the chair next to Whoopi.  I'm sure that threw her mojo off!

I was wondering if they tried sticking Joy between Ana & Whoopi to keep A&W from having one conversation while the rest of the table was having another, which is distracting and exhausting for audio & camera operators & producers as well as the viewers who cannot hear much of one or both convos and change the channel. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

I was wondering if they tried sticking Joy between Ana & Whoopi to keep A&W from having one conversation while the rest of the table was having another, which is distracting and exhausting for audio & camera operators & producers as well as the viewers who cannot hear much of one or both convos and change the channel. 

That's a good point, and yes Ive heard them.  Mostly Ana.  But she moves around.  Rarely in the same chair consecutively.

• Love 1