Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Welcome Back, Mr. Brown

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Ingrid is misrepresenting herself, she is still alive. I wonder how she can remain in the VR Suit 24-7, she is going to be found out. At least Ingrid should have someone watching over her body in the real world in case of an emergency.

• Like 1

Snap! Great episode! I was shocked at the reveal that Ingrid is still alive. And I was so stoked to see Evan Lawson, CFO of HankMed as the cute Lud Leader!

I can't wait for the rest of the season. I've got work to do tonight, but I'm going to binge them tomorrow!

• Love 6

I didn't see the Ingrid reveal coming, but when I thought about it, it made perfect sense. Of course she wouldn't upload, she is too self centered for that. She will be found out soon, she can't just lay in the bathtub forever.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Oh, I liked Ingrid, last season. Now she's lying about having died for him, and being awful to the people who work at the Upload company. 

The guy who runs the place in the woods, kind of creeps me out, so I hope he is just a decent guy, who likes Nora. 

I re-watched the first season before watching this, because I liked it so much, two years ago. 

22 hours ago, Anela said:

I re-watched the first season before watching this, because I liked it so much, two years ago. 

Same. I couldn't believe how much I'd forgotten. It's been a long pandemic. 

• Love 1
On 3/11/2022 at 11:00 AM, Jediknight said:

Ingrid isn't dead?  Did not see that coming.

It totally fits her shallow character, though, so not a surprise to me. I kept wondering why she would upload herself because that meant she cared about someone else more than Ingrid.

I was bummed this ep chose to focus so much on "lost love" between Nora and Nathan. The show has a fascinating concept to play with, and instead follow around two characters who are kept apart by plot contrivances that are more like Gilligan's Island "we almost escaped!" turns than actual story telling.

• Love 2

I was bummed this ep chose to focus so much on "lost love" between Nora and Nathan. The show has a fascinating concept to play with, and instead follow around two characters who are kept apart by plot contrivances that are more like Gilligan's Island "we almost escaped!" turns than actual story telling.

Agreed. I can't believe this episode fell back on the trope of miscommunication; first Nora assumes Nathan doesn't want to talk to her. She knows he's stuck in 2G hell, didn't it occur to her he ran out of gigs? Then Nathan can't contact her because she ditched her phone. Then she finally tries to communicate, only to see him kissing Ingrid and deciding against it. {Groan} It's like every soap opera, ever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Agreed. I can't believe this episode fell back on the trope of miscommunication; first Nora assumes Nathan doesn't want to talk to her. She knows he's stuck in 2G hell, didn't it occur to her he ran out of gigs? Then Nathan can't contact her because she ditched her phone. Then she finally tries to communicate, only to see him kissing Ingrid and deciding against it. {Groan} It's like every soap opera, ever. 

True, but it did introduce other plotlines, like the Ludds and their home in the woods. 

And I'm schmoopy for Nathan and Nora, so... *shrug*

• Love 1

Interesting start to the season. Nora immediately and eagerly dumping the guy who was set up as a romantic rival was pretty funny. But then she immediately meets another guy, who will show her the ways of nature and a simple life. How very Hallmark.

The Luddite community was very post-apocalyptic renaissance fair. I guess it's realistic that there would be people who would utterly reject the technological advances of the world.

Luke is still an ass, and I'm not here for the non-romantic, non-chemistry between him and Aleesha. They'd better not have her actually fall for that twit. I still really, genuinely hate the manager lady. I don't want her on the screen at all.

The less said about the hacky, trite and massively overused trope of Nora seeing Nathan and Ingrid together, the better. Please, writers, be better than that.

But the reveal that Ingrid isn't actually uploaded was interesting. I'm glad about that, because committing suicide to 'live' in a digital afterlife is a really dystopian idea.

Vic Michaelis is a really funny improv comedian, and I'm glad to see her getting the role of Mildred. I recommend people checking out the Comedy Bang Bang episodes she appears on.

• Love 1

I loved, loved, loved Season 1 but only saw it because I had a free 30-day trial of Prime, and I was not willing to pay for Prime to give JB more money (plus at the time there wasn't that much else on Prime I wanted to watch). Then when Season 2 dropped, I kept hoping for another free trial but no luck. So I was amazed and excited to get a notice yesterday that someone gifted me a 1-year Prime membership! It wasn't even for birthday or other occasion, just an unexpected gift from a friend that was also appreciation for volunteer work that I do for her organization.

Anyway, my husband and I watched the first two episodes last night and we were not disappointed, though I agree with the criticism of the miscommunication/misunderstanding between Nora and Nathan. However, having rewatched the last episode of Season 1 when Nora called Nathan to tell him how she felt, and he couldn't answer because he was out of credit, I am still shipping them and hoping there is a way to make their romance work in real life.

• Love 1