Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E13: Still Water

jewel21
  • Start Topic

While out for a jog, Upton witnesses a horrible car crash and risks her own life to save the passengers. After learning more about the victims, the team must track down the man responsible for the brutal crash.

Airdate: 02/23/2022

• Love 1
On 2/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, jewel21 said:

On 2/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, jewel21 said:

While out for a jog, Upton witnesses a horrible car crash and risks her own life to save the passengers. After learning more about the victims, the team must track down the man responsible for the brutal crash.

Behind The Scene: Chicago P.D. "Still Water"

Amazing what they do for just one scene.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought it was a really good episode, but then I don’t hate Upton the way others do. I’m not a huge fan, but I don’t hate her. I have 2 questions because of the breaking news situation: Did the perp kill the other women he stalked? Did he lose control of the car because Lisa fought back? 

• Love 6

According to TV Line, the stuntwoman was sent into freezing water in Chicago for this episode. I'm sorry but who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to send anyone into freezing water? And how is that even legal? I'm all for authenticity and filming on location but I think this goes too far.

• Love 3

I would assume that the stuntwoman was wearing an insulated wetsuit and stayed a minimal time in the water. I saw the interview with the actress who plays Upton, and she said the underwater scenes with the car, etc. we’re in a tank with warm water.

• Love 2

This was mostly a solid episode.  Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too Upton-centric, but she didn't annoy me and acted appropriately, but there was just too much emphasis on her.  Little to no Ruzek, Burgess or Atwater.  Very little Voight either, but he gets enough screen time.  Plus for lots of Trudy!

• Love 1

There are only 2 things that I love from this episode - more Trudy and Kevin/Hailey’s interactions. There should be more of these.

COTW is just okay. It’s crafted to pile up more guilt on Hailey. The Roy Walton’s murder guilt has been dealt with (sort of) thru the impromptu marriage. But what about the guilt of hiding the truth from Kim and the rest of the team? Is this conveniently forgotten?

Since when Voight is interested in social gathering? 

Kudos to Kelli for the amazing river stunts!

2EFABD3E-4C3F-450E-9D80-EBDA884BB295.jpeg

• Love 2
4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I would assume that the stuntwoman was wearing an insulated wetsuit and stayed a minimal time in the water. I saw the interview with the actress who plays Upton, and she said the underwater scenes with the car, etc. we’re in a tank with warm water.

What I read on TV Line was that the actress filmed in LA in a tank but that the stuntwoman went into the water in Chicago and they used some contraption to push the ice aside. Given that you survive for about 2 minutes in water that cold, I'm assuming she wore a suit but suits usually only do so much, so even with a suit, I don't think it's acceptable when the water is near freezing.

• Love 2

They actually had Atwater and Hailey interact and even just the two of them at one point? Well knock me over with a feather. lol They need to do that more often. 

Hailey's relationship with Trudy maybe the only thing I like about her. The actresses have good chemistry. 

Decent episode all in all. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

What I read on TV Line was that the actress filmed in LA in a tank but that the stuntwoman went into the water in Chicago and they used some contraption to push the ice aside. Given that you survive for about 2 minutes in water that cold, I'm assuming she wore a suit but suits usually only do so much, so even with a suit, I don't think it's acceptable when the water is near freezing.

Watch the video (above) it shows and explains exactly how they constructed the scene.

• Love 1

My episode was interrupted with breaking news. I suppose that I can watch it online, but is it worth it?  I wasn't impressed with what I saw so far - it's just going to end with more "poor Hailey" for saving the perp and not the victim, right?

Also, could Jay have cared any less about his wife almost drowning and freezing?  He gave her such a lukewarm hug and wasn't even the first to check on her when she went to go change her clothes in the locker room. Guess the honeymoon is over! 

25 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

My episode was interrupted with breaking news. I suppose that I can watch it online, but is it worth it?  I wasn't impressed with what I saw so far - it's just going to end with more "poor Hailey" for saving the perp and not the victim, right?

Also, could Jay have cared any less about his wife almost drowning and freezing?  He gave her such a lukewarm hug and wasn't even the first to check on her when she went to go change her clothes in the locker room. Guess the honeymoon is over! 

So was mine!  I'm hoping the entire episode will be on demand.  I thought it was one of PD's better episodes.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, AnnA said:

So was mine!  I'm hoping the entire episode will be on demand.  I thought it was one of PD's better episodes.

Mine ended up coming back on (I watched the breaking news since I hadn't seen it live), but overran the time slot and the DVR didn't record the end. 

I guess I'm so jaded toward Hailey at this point that I still thought the episode was just "meh."  Maybe I'll try to watch again with a more open mind...

Edited by FnkyChkn34
Repeated myself
  • Love 1

This has been bugging me all day, and it's a perfect summary of why I dislike Upton. She didn't shed a single tear once she realized just how badly things turned out. Robot Hailey of planet PermaSmirk strikes again. Good ghods, if ever there was a chance for Upton to be really damaged by something, this would be it. Racking sobs in the locker room would not be out of line after this. One Emotion for One Chicago strikes again, though. If you're going to put a character through the wringer then I want to see them broken, even if it's just for a brief time. 

• Love 2

Like I have zero interest in any attempt to make Voight a hero, I also have zero interest in the Upton is a hero redemption arc either. 

So she is celebrated for doing the right thing, and it's kinda gross that even the actress thinks this is good growth for her character because she didn't let a man die?

All the while Burgess just smiles along & gets launched into a whole new set of trauma. 

Hard, Hard Pass.

4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Considering they've never had any visible chemistry & Jay looks permanently constipated or terrified around her, it's not really surprising. There is zero connection between these two characters unless it is forced upon them and us...which I find particularly strange as they seem to be great friends off screen.

Also writers please do not think that we want to see Atwater solely play everyone's sidekick and buddy. When we asked for more storylines for him we didn't mean letting him ride shotgun to your focus of the week.

• Love 2

Fantastic episode, one of the best if not the best so far this season.

The episode was interesting from start to finish, it was really nice to have a storyline that didn’t have drug dealers or gang bangers as the perp. More of that please Chicago PD. 

The scenes with Jay and Hailey were well done, he was so worried about her and she was just worried about the case. These two have fantastic chemistry and I can’t wait to see how they progress. 

It was also really nice to see Hailey having scenes with Kevin and Trudy and I like that we got more of Hailey and Trudy’s backstory. Again more of the that. 

Tracy Spiridakos is an amazing actress, my fav scenes was Hailey in the ambulance suffering with hypothermia and being completely out of it. She portrayed it perfectly. 

Also shout out to the stunt lady for jumping in the freezing Chicago river in the middle of the night. 

• Love 4

Loved this episode!  But I've always liked Hailey, and I know that she's not well liked here on this board.

Watching that YouTube video up above...it's impressive the time and preparation it took to film the water scene.  Not to mention the expense.

So that's two phones that Hailey ruined by jumping into the water?  LOL, that was my first thought, something must be wrong with me.  Not to mention her jacket.  And after jumping into the pool and then arriving to the police station, her clothes seemed oddly dry, including the jacket.

Did anyone else think that Newport health club looked like a converted high school?  What kind of fancy health club has the showers you dreaded in high school where it's just a huge chamber and you have absolutely no privacy?

• Love 1

As soon as I saw Hailey jump into the icy water, I wondered if she'd trained in the Wm Hof method - a "new" healing technique of breathwork while being immersed in ice cold water. I have a friend who teaches this - she literally cuts a hole in the ice and submerges her body (NOT my adventure of choice, to be honest)... and apparently, the benefits are incredible: increased energy, better sleep, reduced stress levels, heightened focus and determination, increased willpower, stronger immune system. I prefer to stay warm, and use other methods to achieve those same benefits!

Excellent episode IMO. Best I've seen of Chicago PD (I'm a newbie to this show) and as usual, my gut feeling of "save the woman!" went unheard. Damn tv never listens to me.

• Love 1