Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Tom Foolery

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm glad to see Daisy, Colin and Glen back this season.  Gary, not so much, especially if he's up to his usual slimey-ness.  He scored a few points helping with the dishes and somewhat trying to fend off a first night tryst with Ashley.

I think the chef should have roomed with the Captain.  That would seem to be a better fit.  

I also am appalled at the primary being inappropriate with Gabriella.  I think she handled it well, especially considering you have to be friendly for the tip, but cutting off the inappropriate banter quickly.  I think he drank too much and made an ass of himself- hopefully he is not like that IRL.

Well, something tells me he is regretting at least part of that drunken conversation right about now....talk about total embarrassment about him saying he has a small d*ck and NOT liking women (isn't he married??).  

Something also tells me his wife isn't exactly thrilled with hearing that conversation on televsion either.  

On 2/22/2022 at 7:27 PM, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

I haven’t watched yet but I’m pretty sure I already have a concussion watching everyone face plant in the previews. 😳

Those previews looked like a greatest hits montage from "America's Funniest Home Videos".  

• Love 3
On 2/22/2022 at 11:55 AM, iMonrey said:

I don't get this either. Captains usually have their own rooms. Maybe there isn't a Captain's room on the sailing yacht, but I also suspect there is actually a shadow Captain they don't show on camera and he gets the Captain's room. I also don't get why the Captain would have to share a cabin with the lowest ranked deck hand. Why doesn't he room with Colin or Gary? This is clearly manipulated for drama.

It looked like Tom sleeps Winnie The Pooh style (shirt, no pants). Also, the way he constantly preens for the camera shows he's definitely ready for his close-up. 

Hard to believe Gary is back or that Glenn thinks so highly of him. I'm glad Colin is back though, and the new chef looks promising.

Re: shadow captains, I know it’s rumored in the other iterations of the show, but I believe Glenn is the actual captain of the Parsifal III, even between seasons. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Captain Glen has always shared his room on Parsifal 3. Apparently, with the number of crew onboard for filming, that bunk is needed. 

He shared with Byron season one, Last year, he was originally sharing with Gary until Gary moved in with Colin and moved the really tall guy in with Glen. Gary played it off like he was sacrificing the the larger bunk but really he just didn't like the limitations of bunking with the captain (he wanted to get some ass). Likely same reason why he's not rooming with him again this year.

Also very likely that Parsifal 3 typically runs with a smaller crew when not filming. Bravo likely mandated a minimum number of cast members for maximum drama. I'm sure there's a formula :)

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I will confess to this too.  Only if there is nothing else to use to floss, and it is really bothering me!

Well, as long as you and Diane Mars do it while being filmed at the railing of a sailing yacht in the glow of the setting sun.

My shudder is mainly because my hair is fine and thin, and I've had hair stuck between my teeth before (I don't know how--guess one of my hairs got caught on my forkful without me knowing?) and it felt so awful and was like the opposite of relief from flossing.  I can't even use a lot of normal floss because it shreds and catches--I have to use Glide.  If it works for you, great--I wasn't judging that--just doing it in public on camera!  

• Love 6

Parsifal III is my favorite boat of the franchise and captain Glenn also my fav 
And I admit at this point, I watch the show mostly to admire the boat. 
I cannot stand of Gary and I will probably Fast Forward most of his annoying scenes.
The whole "the crew must party like if they are drunk English tourists in Ibiza - which means being inappropriate and behaving like they haven't have sex ever" is getting really tiring in all of the BD's shows.

Edited by Zaffy
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 2/22/2022 at 7:34 PM, Meowwww said:

Daisy keeps saying she’s Irish.  But her accent sounds Australian to me.  

Her accent is most certainly Irish although I will say my silky Welsh tones get mistaken for Australian a lot since I've been in the USA.

I do get "I love your accent" a lot from women and my wife's usual answer to them is " trust me, it wears off eventually". 🤣

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

I do get "I love your accent" a lot from women and my wife's usual answer to them is " trust me, it wears off eventually".

I hope you're savvy enough to NOT comment in kind.  Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

On 2/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, njbchlover said:

Well, something tells me he is regretting at least part of that drunken conversation right about now....talk about total embarrassment about him saying he has a small d*ck and NOT liking women (isn't he married??).  

I thought he was single...and gay.

• Love 2
On 2/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, featherhead said:

The very best thing about this show?? NO Rayna!

Truer words, @featherhead . . . truer words.

I finally watched this episode last night, after it sat on my DVR for two weeks and I was pretty entertained by it.  I don't get the Gary love either -- it must be the bad boy thing -- but I do love the bromance between him and Colin.  

Happy to see Colin back.  He seems like a nice guy, I adored his love for his dog last season, and he appears to be a hard worker.  I think Gary probably works fairly hard too if Glenn offered him a full-time gig, but the editing monkeys are fond of showing him hanging out and smoking a lot.

Ashley is clearly Sydney 2.0.  How soon before Gary hooks up with her and then turns his attention elsewhere?  And I have to say it's pretty shitty of Gary to remotely flirt with Ashley after hearing directly from Tom that Tom is crushing on her.   And will Gary wash his hair this season? 

Marcos the chef, so far, is cool under pressure and his food looks awesome.  I hope neither of these facts change.

I cannot remember the female deckhand's name, but she seems like she knows what she's doing.  And as pointed out above, the best thing is she's not Rayna.

I didn't like or dislike Daisy last season but she's a pretty shitty supervisor, at least IMO, if she's drinking liquor straight from the bottle in front of her crew less than 12 hours after being introduced.  Tacky, tacky, tacky.  

And why are they effing up the decks just before a charter starts?  And drinking provisions?  I don't get it. 

The primary is pretty foul when he's drinking.  He was completely out of line with Gabriella - but she handled it pretty well.  He should be ashamed watching this, between his comments to her and then his comment about his own junk size.  

Regarding Glenn sharing a cabin, I'm guessing it's either due to the size of the sailboat or production is occupying the true captain's cabin.  Although I will say that Glenn's bunk looks wider than most of the other bunks.  I would think in the "real" world, someone like Colin or Gary would share that cabin with Glenn and not a green deckhand like Tom or Jean-Luc.  In fact, last season Gary was sharing with Glenn but switched with Jean-Luc because of JL being so tall and needing more space.  

Because I only said it once, Marcos' food looks AMAZING.  

So far, I'm in for this season.  Spain is absolutely STUNNING.  I love seeing it and I love hearing Glenn speak on how much he loves it (and lives there.)  

• Love 3
On 2/22/2022 at 12:02 AM, chenoa333 said:

She was just on WWHL. She was telling Andy that she's used to guys commenting on her breasts. They looked fake to me but very well done for fakes.

I'm no expert but after 32 years of living in Orange County CA, I've gotten quite good at winning that guessing game.

They looked real to me, because they were saggy and didn't show the usual outline of the implant that's visible in the skin.

I don't get her facial appeal at all.  I don't find her to be attractive in any capacity.  She's nothing but matronly big boobs and a pushy, aggressive, annoying persona.  If the tables had been turned and it was Gary pursuing her the way she was hunting him down, and he was trying to force her to make out with him, everyone would be yelling about a "Harvey Weinstein" situation.  So why is she getting away with her inappropriate pushiness?  I already loathe this twat with the heat of 1,000 suns.

She's got an unjustified ego.  She DOESN'T have the goods to match it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 3
On 2/22/2022 at 9:02 AM, gaPeach said:

I thought the Primary was way out of line and surprised she even answered his sexual questions to the point she did.  He was very creepy and I felt for her being alone with him or at least in a part of the boat no other crew members were near by.  I can only imagine what his wife thinks now that she has seen the footage of what her husband was up to when she went to bed.  And it was totally creepy when he descripted his dick.......ewwwww.

Let the drunken games begin!

I thought he was gay, until the very end of the episode when I finally realized that was his wife.

What straight man wants to lick a food item off of the nipple of another straight man that is essentially a stranger to him?  I could see a straight guy doing this as a prank with a close friend of his or a straight frat guy doing it on a dare or command from his fraternity brothers, but a straight male guest on a "luxury" cruise licking the nipple of a crew member (I put "luxury" in quotes because really, are any of the Below Deck cruises truly luxury - I think NOT)?  Strange stuff. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

They looked real to me, because they were saggy and didn't show the usual outline of the implant that's visible in the skin.

I don't get her facial appeal at all.  I don't find her to be attractive in any capacity.  She's nothing but matronly big boobs and a pushy, aggressive, annoying persona.  If the tables had been turned and it was Gary pursuing her the way she was hunting him down, and he was trying to force her to make out with him, everyone would be yelling about a "Harvey Weinstein" situation.  So why is she getting away with her inappropriate pushiness?  I already loathe this twat with the heat of 1,000 suns.

She's got an unjustified ego.  She DOESN'T have the goods to match it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well those boobs definitely look real and yes, heading south. Maybe she had on a push up bra in the scene I watched on BDSY.

She's does behave like a sexual predator. Weirdo. 

• Love 1
On 2/22/2022 at 2:11 PM, dleighg said:

My first thought was "yes," but then I realized that it was Colin who had one (and it works well on him). I think Gary had "flowing tresses" last season.

IIRC Gary had both, although I politely disagree with romanticizing his stringy, greasy hair as "flowing tresses", LOL. 

• LOL 2
On 3/12/2022 at 12:30 PM, Xebug67 said:

My first thought was "yes," but then I realized that it was Colin who had one (and it works well on him). I think Gary had "flowing tresses" last season.

IIRC Gary had both, although I politely disagree with romanticizing his stringy, greasy hair as "flowing tresses", LOL. 

His oleaginous mane is more reminiscent of a long-haul inmate in a Turkish prison.

Ashley was (allegedly) a camgirl, and I suspect she's a plant on the same lines as Lexi, or, earlier still, Danny -- to stir things up and cause on-screen headaches.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

Ashley was (allegedly) a camgirl

I took one for the team:

camgirl: a woman who poses for a webcam especially as a form of paid adult entertainment

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2022 at 10:27 PM, WhiskeyVictor said:

His oleaginous mane is more reminiscent of a long-haul inmate in a Turkish prison

🤣🤣🤣

On 3/16/2022 at 10:27 PM, WhiskeyVictor said:

a plant on the same lines as Lexi,

Lexi 🤢

who is worse, Lexi or Rayna? 🤔

• Love 1
On 3/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, CringeWatcher said:

🤣🤣🤣

Lexi 🤢

who is worse, Lexi or Rayna? 🤔

OMG, definately Lexi. The woman called herself Satan for effs sake! Who does that?!?! And she had a "burn list" that was pretty extensive. Her hitlist is longer than that of a Colombian drug cartel. If she really had a strict religious upbringing then where is her "turning the other cheek"?

• Love 1

I've been missing the whole season so far!! I remember another episode called "big deck energy" so I thought they were re-runs. Didn't realize we're already in s3. I'll have to catch up. As usual, I like Daisy. Gabriela seems cool so far but haven't finished the ep yet.

• Love 1