Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Call Me Senor Don Gato

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

What kind of monsters see a woman run into traffic to save a kitty and then don't let her have her place in line back? TSK.

Sheldon Cooper.  This episode made me wonder who wrote it as it had BBT written all over it with that plot line.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

What kind of monsters see a woman run into traffic to save a kitty and then don't let her have her place in line back?

Serioulsy, line culture is merciless!  Not even a mutual love of The Carpenters could break the cycle of cutthroat ruthlessness!

Randi finally got some alone time in the closing!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

What kind of monsters see a woman run into traffic to save a kitty and then don't let her have her place in line back? TSK.

Those who are waiting in line for a scarce commodity. 

Sneaker culture is cut throat.   Or at least that's what the sitcoms who have recently covered this have told me.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Randi finally got some alone time in the closing!

Yes!  I was pretty annoyed with this episode for the line people (seriously, is there no line code of ethics?!) but Larry the cat and Randi’s alone time brought me back from the brink. 

• Love 3

It took until the closing credits, but Randi finally got her alone time! At last!

Those long lines for hot ticket items are cutthroat, you have to keep that spot even if your bleeding profusely from the head. Fun episode, I like that they mixed pairing up a little bit, especially Carter and Kat getting the a plot. The running joke with the naughty cookies were so obvious, but they made me laugh every time. 

No cat café, but we did get to see Larry the kitty, so I cant be too mad. 

• Love 3

18 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:
On 2/24/2022 at 10:02 PM, PinkRibbons said:

Sneaker culture is cut throat.   Or at least that's what the sitcoms who have recently covered this have told me

This entire scenario infuriated me.  First - the mere plot of parents feeling they have to 'buy their children's love' with an article of clothing they'll be grown out of in less than a year.  Then, the vapid, self-abosrbed, can't-stay-off-their-cell-phones young twits who suddenly feel the need to signal their moral code by joining in the 'no cutting in' rule when they all know Kat had been there the entire time. And the fact that they'd actually turn their phone cameras on someone possibly getting hit by a car rather than lose their place in line to help them speaks volumes about the mentality of that generation.  Mine would've took my place back in line saying, y'all know you saw me here the entire time.  Back in my day there would've been a knock down fight, but those in that line probably wouldn't have put up too much of a fight.  Bu the looks of them they seemed to be all talk, may have shamed Kat, then go back to their phones because....attention span

I really liked Kat leading them in that song, if only to get them off their phones and actually connect with each other.  The only time I waited in line was for concert tickets back in the 70's (long before Ticketmaster!) and those were $14.50 for floor seats and $7.50 for farther back.  And that was for an 'experience'.  Am going to stop before I get too judgy about financially competitive parenting

The other plot that bothered me was Randi's and the ignorance of everyone who wasn't bright enough to put two and two together to realize she wanted a night to herself to take a bath.  But, no.....one by one they kept barging in on her (LOCK THE DOOR for goodness sake - didn't Everybody Loves Raymond not teach you anything?).  She was in her robe, glass of wine in hand and even announced she wanted to take a bath and read a book, but they were still oblivious to her because they were absorbed with their own problems.  Max especially as his was the most needy.  Imagine if your most pressing dilemma in your life was your friend not liking your song.  The horror!

ETA (because I hit send before finishing my analysis)

I LOL'd at both flashbacks of Oscar sitting in the stinky truck surrounded by pine tree fresheners and spraying disinfectant while driving cramped with his mouth and nose covered as well as Kat in Harry Potter garb to get the latest book.

In a nutshell, the writers managed to craft an episode that included a story line for just about everyone without it seeming as if everything was squeezed in.  Everything flowed really well. 

I want to see more cousin Darren!

Edited by ctlady
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2022 at 12:09 AM, Yeah No said:

Sheldon Cooper.  This episode made me wonder who wrote it as it had BBT written all over it with that plot line.

But in Sheldon's defense, he would've warned Kat BEFORE she took off that her place in line would not be held. 

(replying to this separately because I couldn't edit my reply above to add this quote)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2022 at 7:39 AM, ctlady said:

But in Sheldon's defense, he would've warned Kat BEFORE she took off that her place in line would not be held. 

(replying to this separately because I couldn't edit my reply above to add this quote)

That's what annoyed me about it the most.  Kat asked the guy behind her to save her place and he agreed and it didn't look like anybody was going to mind her getting back until he threw down the first 'no cuts'.

Meanwhile, who knew that Herman's Hermits was such a popular choir choice for Kentucky?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I liked the Kat and Carter combo..they played off one another well...and I liked Kat saving the day.  

Randi getting her alone time at the end was a nice reward

And I loved the cat sightings.

Phil and Sheila play off each other well as does Oscar.

Max seems to be the weak link here.

• Love 5
On 2/27/2022 at 5:21 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I liked the Kat and Carter combo..they played off one another well...and I liked Kat saving the day.  

Randi getting her alone time at the end was a nice reward

And I loved the cat sightings.

Phil and Sheila play off each other well as does Oscar.

Max seems to be the weak link here.

It was nice that Kat used her math skills and compassion for cats to save the day.  However, I also would have liked it if Carter didn't get the shoes and the son showed that it doesn't matter.  He doesn't need to buy his love.

Last season, I didn't think Max had chemistry with Kat so I'm happy that Oscar and Kat are together.  But the writers made Max pathetic.  This season, he just seems so desperate.  I don't know.  Maybe, it's good to show that handsome guys can have doubts about themselves too.

• Love 7
On 2/28/2022 at 7:42 PM, realdancemom said:

It was nice that Kat used her math skills and compassion for cats to save the day. 

And her choir knowledge!

However, I also would have liked it if Carter didn't get the shoes and the son showed that it doesn't matter.  He doesn't need to buy his love

That would've been a much better ending scenario.  

Last season, I didn't think Max had chemistry with Kat so I'm happy that Oscar and Kat are together.  But the writers made Max pathetic.  This season, he just seems so desperate.  I don't know.  Maybe, it's good to show that handsome guys can have doubts about themselves too.

I don't think the writers are showing him as having doubts (his music, etc), but perhaps they're trying to make him appear more vulnerable rather than a studly fit dude who could land a gorgeous French chick as a girlfriend.  And they didn't start doing this to him until after they paired Kat and Oscar - which I think may be a little too soon in the series for her to have a serious relationship because that combined with how they're trying to redeem Max's ladies-man persona makes me dread that a Kat/Oscar breakup is inevitable and segue into a Kat/Max pairing.  Which.I.Will.Hate

• Love 2
On 2/25/2022 at 11:59 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Sneaker culture is cut throat.   Or at least that's what the sitcoms who have recently covered this have told me.

Not just comedies.  It was on an episode of The Resident not too long ago.  Sneaker culture has been around a while.  Makes me wonder if there was some news story I missed that made all these writers decide to make it a storyline.  

What really bugged me was when the woman in front of Kat acted like Kat took cuts.  It wouldn't affect that woman's place in line.  

• Love 1
On 2/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, Yeah No said:

I thought of the Barry Manilow episode of Will & Grace (with cameo by Darlene from Roseanne).

Admittedly the whole cast is fun, but Leslie Jordan is why I keep coming back. He's almost always the best part of every episode. "I'll be up to my naughty bits in naughty bits," or him telling Randi how he needs work on his (you-know) cookies and then they both turn to Max.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1