Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Lu has trouble with her vowels. I knew about “ulcohul.” But here, during the blind date matchmaking scene on the catamaran, she also says, “cull,” instead of “call,” and sometimes says, “goo gulled,” when trying to say, “googled,” pronouncing the “goo” like “goo” in “good” instead of as in “gooey.”

• LOL 6

Of course Kyle didn't want to play Cynthia's "game" at the Bailey-que.  Kyle is just a ball of insecurities wrapped up in long hair.  Actually, the game part where they answered the questions was ok, but the awarding of medals is pretty lame IMO.  Especially with a group of women you don't really know.  I could see it being more funny with a group of good friends (or at least people who've spent a lot of time together, because I don't think I'd call the Atlanta housewives FRIENDS really).  With people you've just met or barely know, it's just an invitation for someone to take offense.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Of course Kyle didn't want to play Cynthia's "game" at the Bailey-que.  Kyle is just a ball of insecurities wrapped up in long hair.  Actually, the game part where they answered the questions was ok, but the awarding of medals is pretty lame IMO.  Especially with a group of women you don't really know.  I could see it being more funny with a group of good friends (or at least people who've spent a lot of time together, because I don't think I'd call the Atlanta housewives FRIENDS really).  With people you've just met or barely know, it's just an invitation for someone to take offense.

The WWCL guys called a “hypocrisy” on Kyle for this. Also with regard to, “People don’t know this about me, but I am actually shy.” They said she’s been clawing to appear on a reality show since forever, and they spend 40% of the screen time of the RHOBH shrieking, “You look so gorgeous!” “You look so sexy!!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I am enjoying this so far, even with some of the women's personality flaws (Ramona, Kenya) amped up.  Ramona is acting even more selfish and Ramona-ish than she does on RHONY, and I say that as a Ramona defender/apologist most of the time.

However, while it was rude of her to get up and leave when Luann was talking about her half-a-minute marriage to Tom, I can kind of understand it.  Ramona has probably heard Luann go on and on and on about this over and over and over again in their own franchise/friendship/whatever, and she's probably tired of hearing it.

If anyone here is an "I Love Lucy" fan - there's an episode where Ethel keeps relaying a story about Lucy and Little Ricky to anyone and everyone-Lucy finally gets tired of hearing it and an argument between the two ensues.  Being involved in a constant repeat and replay so many times can be exhausting!  So, maybe, that is part of the reason Ramona left.  Of course, she also left because this wasn't something that she was interested in because it had nothing to do with her.

Kenya, however, is just gunning for Ramona and will do her usual shady, nasty comments and lashing out to discredit any and every thing that Ramona does, and to try to get the other women on her side.  I really, really, really dislike Kenya - always have - and she is just so irritating to me.  She's two-faced and just a miserable person, imo.

Everyone else seems pretty enjoyable and seems to be enjoying the trip and getting to know each other.  They all seem much more mellow and relaxed.  

I liked when they were discussing their insecurities - it's nice to hear that these women, some of whom seem to "have it all" experience the same insecurities as everyday women.

Kyle really needs help with her body image issues though.  She's got an amazing body, evidenced by that swimming scene.  I think her, Luann and Melissa are all in the enviable position of being the most fit.  

I hope Ramona keeps up with the mirror pep-talks to herself, because she was actually enjoyable at the Bailey-cue, which was actually pretty lame, imo.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I am enjoying this so far, even with some of the women's personality flaws (Ramona, Kenya) amped up.  Ramona is acting even more selfish and Ramona-ish than she does on RHONY, and I say that as a Ramona defender/apologist most of the time.

However, while it was rude of her to get up and leave when Luann was talking about her half-a-minute marriage to Tom, I can kind of understand it.  Ramona has probably heard Luann go on and on and on about this over and over and over again in their own franchise/friendship/whatever, and she's probably tired of hearing it.

If anyone here is an "I Love Lucy" fan - there's an episode where Ethel keeps relaying a story about Lucy and Little Ricky to anyone and everyone-Lucy finally gets tired of hearing it and an argument between the two ensues.  Being involved in a constant repeat and replay so many times can be exhausting!  So, maybe, that is part of the reason Ramona left.  Of course, she also left because this wasn't something that she was interested in because it had nothing to do with her.

Kenya, however, is just gunning for Ramona and will do her usual shady, nasty comments and lashing out to discredit any and every thing that Ramona does, and to try to get the other women on her side.  I really, really, really dislike Kenya - always have - and she is just so irritating to me.  She's two-faced and just a miserable person, imo.

Everyone else seems pretty enjoyable and seems to be enjoying the trip and getting to know each other.  They all seem much more mellow and relaxed.  

I liked when they were discussing their insecurities - it's nice to hear that these women, some of whom seem to "have it all" experience the same insecurities as everyday women.

Kyle really needs help with her body image issues though.  She's got an amazing body, evidenced by that swimming scene.  I think her, Luann and Melissa are all in the enviable position of being the most fit.  

I hope Ramona keeps talking to herself in the mirror, because when she did that, she was actually enjoyable at the dinner after!  

It’s like you’re in my brain and much more eloquent.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I’m glad they finally are airing it on Bravo, but they disguise the name, so unless you are paying attention you miss it.

I am hoping that Peacock realizes that airing this only on their paid streaming service wasn’t the bonanza they thought it would be. Either that or Bravo’s ratings are not good so they finally aired it on “basic” cable.

The fact that they keep tacking WWHL on my DVR recordings (which will never not piss me off) leads me to maybe the latter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

It’s like you’re in my brain and much more eloquent.

Oh, gosh - well thanks for that!!  🙂  I usually find your posts pretty eloquent, as well! 

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m glad they finally are airing it on Bravo, but they disguise the name, so unless you are paying attention you miss it.

I am hoping that Peacock realizes that airing this only on their paid streaming service wasn’t the bonanza they thought it would be. Either that or Bravo’s ratings are not good so they finally aired it on “basic” cable.

The fact that they keep tacking WWHL on my DVR recordings (which will never not piss me off) leads me to maybe the latter.

I'm glad it's on Bravo, too - I actually did start watching it on the streaming service, but got sidetracked after Episode 1, LOL!!!

• LOL 3

I understood why Kyle did not feel comfortable playing the game. When Cynthia first brought up samples of what kind of questions would be asked, for instance, who’s the most beautiful, sexy, prettiest, best butted.... for examples. It instantly sounded and felt like, to me, that SHE was fishing for big compliments, and medal winning, because look at her! She is mighty beautiful, pretty, sexy, and probably has a nice butt. I don’t know, I’ve honestly never looked. I can bet its better than Ramonas, (who won the butt medal) or Luann, the butt-less wonder (such as myself) lol. 

I don’t think they were good questions for a “fun game” with a group of mostly new acquaintances who are all (TEEVEE movie stars in their own minds) women who slice, nip, tuck, reduce and inflate, botox and implant their way into trying to be the Fairest in the land. No one has the right to demand another reveal publicly, their private thoughts when “rating” attractiveness among a group of relative strangers embarking on a weeks vacation together ahead of them.

They don’t even know each other!  All any of them knows for sure, as a group, is that Ramona definately does deserve the biggest ass award.

I haven’t watched THOA in years! The cattiness became just too much for me to find entertainment in, starting with Sheree accidentally on purpose leaving Nene off the guest list for the party at her house, then making herself unavailable to clear up the “mistake”. It was just so cruel and calculated, to set up and humiliate Nene like that from the get-go. Kim with her ridiculous wastefulness with her big papas money spent on new daily wigs that she tossed out after one use. I do remember Cynthia was a model or something, on the quieter side, more subdued, nicer one of the bunch way back then, but my! ... she has come a long way in her coming out of her shell since then. 

I can’t stand when people do that prolonged squint eye, shoot dagger looks at someone as an aggressive bully technique to intimidate someone. She was doing this to Kyle (whom I don’t think too highly of) because Kyle was uncomfortable about being forced to say who she thinks is the prettiest out of all of them? Hurt feelings are bound to ensue. THAT deserved a long drawn out threatening look of unfiltered contempt from Cynthia, for daring to feel uncomfortable in an awkward situation, she purposely, on the spot, imposed upon them?

Obviously Cynthia hoped and thought that she would definitely be winning that medal and did not want anyone to interfere with her plastic prize of reigning glory. She wanted to know from all the other newcomers, who they thought was more beautiful. Her, or Kenya. They are definitely the more moviestarrish  glamour girls out of the bunch and it is a competition in Cynthias mind I suppose, wherever they go or whoever they are with. They both went through great pains preparing for “the game”. Kenya must have known what was coming, being familiar with Cynthias Baily Q’s, and spent extra time glamming it up before her grand entrance 💃🏽. Kyle just ruined it all, dammit! by ending up making it more light hearted in the long run, and turning it around and not making it the serious business Cynthia originally wanted it to be. The answers to these questions was a VERY serious business in her mind it seems to me. Why else the wrath of death looks?

I see a lot of people say they like Cynthia... that she is a nice person, but I am just not seeing it yet. I’m not too fond of Kyle, because she is a coward who sets up her “friends” herself,  but I think Cynthia went overboard with her ridiculous prolonged, you-better-watch-your-step death stare towards her.  It looks like she has a real hangup and insecurity about not being the prettiest woman in the room with that over reaction for putting a wrench in her survey. Save it for the Beauty pageants, where rating someones beauty is expected. Thats my first impression of Cynthia after seeing her in action after many years, of not.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I do remember Cynthia was a model or something, on the quieter side, more subdued, nicer one of the bunch way back then, but my! ... she has come a long way in her coming out of her shell since then. 

I can’t stand when people do that prolonged squint eye, shoot dagger looks at someone as an aggressive bully technique to intimidate someone. She was doing this to Kyle (whom I don’t think too highly of) because Kyle was uncomfortable about being forced to say who she thinks is the prettiest out of all of them? Hurt feelings are bound to ensue. THAT deserved a long drawn out threatening look of unfiltered contempt from Cynthia, for daring to feel uncomfortable in an awkward situation, she purposely, on the spot, imposed upon them?

Obviously Cynthia hoped and thought that she would definitely be winning that medal and did not want anyone to interfere with her plastic prize of reigning glory. She wanted to know from all the other newcomers, who they thought was more beautiful. Her, or Kenya. They are definitely the more moviestarrish  glamour girls out of the bunch and it is a competition in Cynthias mind I suppose, wherever they go or whoever they are with. They both went through great pains preparing for “the game”. Kenya must have known what was coming, being familiar with Cynthias Baily Q’s, and spent extra time glamming it up before her grand entrance 💃🏽. Kyle just ruined it all, dammit! by ending up making it more light hearted in the long run, and turning it around and not making it the serious business Cynthia originally wanted it to be. The answers to these questions was a VERY serious business in her mind it seems to me. Why else the wrath of death looks?

I see a lot of people say they like Cynthia... that she is a nice person, but I am just not seeing it yet. I’m not too fond of Kyle, because she is a coward who sets up her “friends” herself,  but I think Cynthia went overboard with her ridiculous prolonged, you-better-watch-your-step death stare towards her.  It looks like she has a real hangup and insecurity about not being the prettiest woman in the room with that over reaction for putting a wrench in her survey. Save it for the Beauty pageants, where rating someones beauty is expected. Thats my first impression of Cynthia after seeing her in action after many years, of not.

This^^.

I remember the first season of RHOA I thought Cynthia was a very different person than she seems to be now.

kyle apologized (sincerely imo) multiple times and since she had a different opinion than Kyle on the “game” Cynthia can’t accept her apology?

kyle should write that shit off and let it flow off like a duck’s back. 

They should forget her, have fun without her, and let Cynthia wallow in her indignant self-pity and anger.  It’s not easy to do if you live with or work with someone like that on a permanent basis, but thankfully they don’t.  

• Love 9
13 hours ago, SassyCat said:

I can’t stand when people do that prolonged squint eye, shoot dagger looks at someone as an aggressive bully technique to intimidate someone. 

Frankel did this, too, on RHoNYC. I wanted to punch her. (But I wouldn’t. I would never hit someone, unless defending my son or myself.)

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Frankel did this, too, on RHoNYC. I wanted to punch her. (But I wouldn’t. I would never hit someone, unless defending my son or myself

Yeah, I remember her doing this to every one, that show got real boring after she got so high on her horse and it revolved around Bethany Bethany Bethany. She used to do that eye thing, but more in a trying to send the message she thought she was talking to a moron and was tuning you out. Cynthia did it with a “you better be looking over your shoulder” type vibe radiating from her peepers.
{{{Shiver}}} 🤭

• Love 7
On 2/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, SassyCat said:

I understood why Kyle did not feel comfortable playing the game. When Cynthia first brought up samples of what kind of questions would be asked, for instance, who’s the most beautiful, sexy, prettiest, best butted.... for examples. It instantly sounded and felt like, to me, that SHE was fishing for big compliments, and medal winning, because look at her! She is mighty beautiful, pretty, sexy, and probably has a nice butt. I don’t know, I’ve honestly never looked. I can bet its better than Ramonas, (who won the butt medal) or Luann, the butt-less wonder (such as myself) lol. 

I don’t think they were good questions for a “fun game” with a group of mostly new acquaintances who are all (TEEVEE movie stars in their own minds) women who slice, nip, tuck, reduce and inflate, botox and implant their way into trying to be the Fairest in the land. No one has the right to demand another reveal publicly, their private thoughts when “rating” attractiveness among a group of relative strangers embarking on a weeks vacation together ahead of them.

They don’t even know each other!  All any of them knows for sure, as a group, is that Ramona definately does deserve the biggest ass award.

I haven’t watched THOA in years! The cattiness became just too much for me to find entertainment in, starting with Sheree accidentally on purpose leaving Nene off the guest list for the party at her house, then making herself unavailable to clear up the “mistake”. It was just so cruel and calculated, to set up and humiliate Nene like that from the get-go. Kim with her ridiculous wastefulness with her big papas money spent on new daily wigs that she tossed out after one use. I do remember Cynthia was a model or something, on the quieter side, more subdued, nicer one of the bunch way back then, but my! ... she has come a long way in her coming out of her shell since then. 

That was the stupidest game ever. Second grade girls would be smart enough to stay away from THAT game. Cynthia has always been beautiful (she was the first prom queen of color at her high school) and still seems to want to play, "Who's the fairest of them all?" I have a good friend who has always been naturally beautiful and she just doesn't get that not everyone has had that life experience. Until you've lived through people calling you ugly, you probably won't get it, but if someone says that they find the question triggering, you should probably listen.  I don't always love Kyle but she was right, Cynthia was wrong, and Cynthia's passive-aggressive "it's fine" was crap.  She's not all that sweet. I used to watch RHOA, but their mind games became too much. They weren't any fun to watch, and I can't recall Cynthia ever reflecting back on her behavior or ever apologizing for anything.  She's a mean girl who thinks she's sweet. Ug. I even like Kenya better. At least Kenya admits to being messy and a B sometimes.

• Love 11

I'm continually shocked at Lu's body. She's in her middle 50's and had 2 kids yet her body is perfection. Does she work out that much? I know she had a little boob work done but it's not too much (like Ramona's) and if she had a tummy tuck I don't see the scar that comes with it. Amazing. 

Speaking of bodies, why does Ramona think she's so hot? She does look good for 65 but she has had alot of plastic surgeries, injections, botox, etc. I don't understand why she doesn't do something with her gut and her hair. Hair is fried and always a mess. Her gut is bloated and If you look at her face close up, Yikes! Her legs and ass look great, I will give her that!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Speaking of bodies, why does Ramona think she's so hot? She does look good for 65 but she has had alot of plastic surgeries, injections, botox, etc. I don't understand why she doesn't do something with her gut and her hair. Hair is fried and always a mess. Her gut is bloated and If you look at her face close up, Yikes! 

I agree. I think her delusions are a coping mechanism. Her psyche is trying to protect her and help her survive. If she weren’t such an obnoxious, entitled creature, I would be more compassionate.

• Love 4
On 2/23/2022 at 6:21 PM, queta said:

That was the stupidest game ever. Second grade girls would be smart enough to stay away from THAT game. Cynthia has always been beautiful (she was the first prom queen of color at her high school) and still seems to want to play, "Who's the fairest of them all?" I have a good friend who has always been naturally beautiful and she just doesn't get that not everyone has had that life experience. Until you've lived through people calling you ugly, you probably won't get it, but if someone says that they find the question triggering, you should probably listen.  I don't always love Kyle but she was right, Cynthia was wrong, and Cynthia's passive-aggressive "it's fine" was crap.  She's not all that sweet. I used to watch RHOA, but their mind games became too much. They weren't any fun to watch, and I can't recall Cynthia ever reflecting back on her behavior or ever apologizing for anything.  She's a mean girl who thinks she's sweet. Ug. I even like Kenya better. At least Kenya admits to being messy and a B sometimes.

Very good observation.  I think you've got Cynthia nailed down.

• Love 6
On 2/17/2022 at 11:20 PM, SassyCat said:

Yeah, I remember her doing this to every one, that show got real boring after she got so high on her horse and it revolved around Bethany Bethany Bethany. She used to do that eye thing, but more in a trying to send the message she thought she was talking to a moron and was tuning you out. Cynthia did it with a “you better be looking over your shoulder” type vibe radiating from her peepers.
{{{Shiver}}} 🤭

Bethany was also bad about grabbing someone and sitting close to the one she was mad at and explaining to the grabbee WHY she was so mad at the person.  It was so cringy! It happened to her,too, on the show so maybe it's just a NY thing? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Just watching this episode.  Cynthia all hot and bothered because she wants everyone to say she's the most beautiful, most sexy, best butt out of the group.  She's ridiculous.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2022 at 5:21 PM, queta said:

Agree. Lots of people thought Kyle took it too seriously, like my beloved WWCL Ronnie and Ben, but I'd be so uncomfortable playing a game like that. 

Cynthia also reminds me of a friend of mine who's also always been naturally beautiful too. She's a beautiful person inside as well, truly one of the kindest, but just very aware of how pretty she is. I see her heart because I go back with her forever, but she can rub some women the wrong way when she talks about herself and has no idea. 

Kyle is a beautiful woman, but she's been open about having body issues, not feeling great about herself growing up, and has had plastic surgery more than once. I can see her being sensitive about her looks and also thinking others might not feel great playing the game either. Being a mother of daughters is also going to affect how she feels about stuff like this. I can't imagine being in a group of women and saying you are the sexiest, you have the best butt, you blah blah. What if someone didn't get anything? A lot of us will discuss things like which Housewife is the most beautiful in the franchise, but it's different on a forum than sitting right there with a tiny group of women. 

I definitely think Cynthia is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen and probably the most beautiful woman in the entire franchise. I'm sure she's used to people raving about her looks, so she definitely didn't need to hear more from that in this game. I wonder if people didn't pick her would she have been like um??? lol

• Love 1