Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E91: Afterparty: Moving Up and Out

• Start Topic

Michael, Katina, and Mark join host Keshia Knight Pulliam to unpack the move-ins, dish about the dramatic meetings with Pastor Cal, and discuss Katina's sex life, or lack thereof, with Olajuwan.

Airs Wednesday, February 16, at 11:03PM EST.

Mark said the bedbugs were found a couple of days before his wedding.  So the days leading up the wedding were very stressful.  Apparently the landlord went in and got rid of all the furniture, which is why the place was such a mess. He claims it was organized before that.  He also says that they have not spoken since the honeymoon texts.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So we hear from Mark that he and Lindsey did NOT have sex multiple times the day of the romantic dinner/argument. I had a feeling that Lindsey exaggerated that little bit of news.

Katina says it WAS a mutual decision to not get physical. I'm not totally sure I believe her, but we'll see what happens in the future.

I'm really glad Keshia showed the catamaran clip to Michael and got him to admit that Jasmina did not cut him off, and also admit that he should've told Jasmina about the roommates. However, I do agree with Michael that Jasmina is going too far with calling him aggressive. Is this supposedly like Chris being aggressive to Alyssa? We've never seen Michael be anywhere near what I'd call aggressive. And we know they do have hidden cameras in the apartments, so I feel like they would show it if it happened.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

So we hear from Mark that he and Lindsey did NOT have sex multiple times the day of the romantic dinner/argument.

I heard that too, but didn't he tell Pastor Cal that they did? I don't know who or what to believe!!

• Love 3

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with MTS’s description of the “half” in the 2 1/2 times they’ve had sex?   He made it sound like he was an unwilling participant.  If the roles were reversed……

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I heard that too, but didn't he tell Pastor Cal that they did? I don't know who or what to believe!!

I thought he told Cal that they did it on the wedding night and again on first honeymoon night

8 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Anyone else feel uncomfortable with MTS’s description of the “half” in the 2 1/2 times they’ve had sex?   He mad it sound like he was an unwilling participant.  If the roles were reversed……

I thought it sounded like he didn't participate at all but she had no problem taking care of herself.  My first thought was revenge for the toilet clogging/farts revelation! 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, princelina said:
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought he told Cal that they did it on the wedding night and again on first honeymoon night

Thanks...I didn't remember exactly what he said to Cal but recalled that he referred to plural "times."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, princelina said:

I thought it sounded like he didn't participate at all but she had no problem taking care of herself.  My first thought was revenge for the toilet clogging/farts revelation! 😄

That's not what happened though.

Lyndsey wanted to have sex.

Mark did not.

Lyndsey said fuck it, I'll take care of myself but kept urging Mark to join.

Eventually he did but not all the way because he wasn't into it. 

Not to be too serious but I don't find that funny.

And even if she's just trying to be sexy, it's way early for that. 3 to 4 days in and you are taking care of yourself in front of your spouse? After being turned down? I know they had sex already but that's another level of comfortability I wouldn't be at. I can't imagine doing that any point to my spouse unless it is indeed a type of foreplay we are doing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mark did not.

And even if she's just trying to be sexy, it's way early for that. 3 to 4 days in and you are taking care of yourself in front of your spouse? After being turned down? I know they had sex already but that's another level of comfortability I wouldn't be at. I can't imagine doing that any point to my spouse unless it is indeed a type of foreplay we are doing.

“Blame it on the al al alcohol!” 

I hope she goes for rehab after seeing her season.  Her judgement is really off when it is fueled by alcohol and she drinks excessively and frequently.  Mark can’t deal with that.  Who could?  And he also has to deal with her going for the jugular.  Loved it when Mark told her, “Have another drink,” after she cruelly told him to go home to his mother who is in a nursing home.  Sobriety won’t solve all her problems but it would be a great starting point.  She seemed to be drunk when Pastor Cal came.

Edited by Kira53
Spellings
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

So we hear from Mark that he and Lindsey did NOT have sex multiple times the day of the romantic dinner/argument. I had a feeling that Lindsey exaggerated that little bit of news.

Katina says it WAS a mutual decision to not get physical. I'm not totally sure I believe her, but we'll see what happens in the future.

I'm really glad Keshia showed the catamaran clip to Michael and got him to admit that Jasmina did not cut him off, and also admit that he should've told Jasmina about the roommates. However, I do agree with Michael that Jasmina is going too far with calling him aggressive. Is this supposedly like Chris being aggressive to Alyssa? We've never seen Michael be anywhere near what I'd call aggressive. And we know they do have hidden cameras in the apartments, so I feel like they would show it 

Jasmina is a scold. She is quick to reprimand Michael over the slightest infraction. When she has her hair in a bun, she reminds me of the spinster school teachers or of a old Catholic school nun ready to crack his knuckles with a ruler. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mark did not.

Well either way it's more embarrassing than accidentally clogging a toilet, which is what I thought he was going for when he shared that little tidbit!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, princelina said:

Well either way it's more embarrassing than accidentally clogging a toilet, which is what I thought he was going for when he shared that little tidbit!

If you say so. Shit literally happens. Obviously it wouldn't be something you willingly want to happen to you when you just got put with someone. But all that was Lyndsey's choice and a odd one at that.

I really don't think Mark and Lyndsey are still together. Something always seems off when they talk about each other on the afterparty 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

If you say so. Shit literally happens. Obviously it wouldn't be something you willingly want to happen to you just got put with someone. But all that was Lyndsey's choice and a odd one at that.

I really don't think Mark and Lyndsey are still together. Something always seems off when they talk about each other on the afterparty 

All the cringeworthy, TMI stuff they say about each other to get back at each other is not a good sign.  We know that Lindsey has no filter but it looks like Mark is trying to give her a taste of her own medicine by mentioning her "taking care of herself".  Way to bring the worst out in each other!

I think Mark feels like he's on a roller coaster with her.  He has had his own problems to deal with this early in the relationship but I don't know how much better he'd be doing if those things weren't a factor.

I noticed that he didn't want Keisha to probe too much about the landlord situation.  I get the feeling there's more to that story he doesn't want known.  He could be doing that for the landlady's sake or because it's not flattering to him.  I wonder if we'll find out more about that in future episodes.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, princelina said:
On 2/17/2022 at 4:34 PM, ByTor said:

Thank you I thought it was just me who thought that, but maybe he just admitted to foreplay, not everything.  Something about the way they're acting about this makes me think they're having sex and trying to cover it up.  Katina wasn't very forthcoming with any details about it and the looks on both their faces when this subject is brought up make me think they're hiding something.  

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Intuition said:

All the cringeworthy, TMI stuff they say about each other to get back at each other is not a good sign.  We know that Lindsey has no filter but it looks like Mark is trying to give her a taste of her own medicine by mentioning her "taking care of herself".  Way to bring the worst out in each other!

I think Mark feels like he's on a roller coaster with her.  He has had his own problems to deal with this early in the relationship but I don't know how much better he'd be doing if those things weren't a factor.

I noticed that he didn't want Keisha to probe too much about the landlord situation.  I get the feeling there's more to that story he doesn't want known.  He could be doing that for the landlady's sake or because it's not flattering to him.  I wonder if we'll find out more about that in future episodes.

After watching this after party episode I felt like Mark maybe isn't as nice as he is presenting himself.  He tried to control the conversation by telling Keisha that he didn't want to talk about the landlord stuff which makes me think he is hiding something.  Way more to this story than he is letting on.  Also, 2 1/2?  No, if you had sex it counts no matter who initiated it.  From the way he described the "1/2" it sounded like he doesn't consider it as sex if he didn't initiate it (but he did participate).  I'm on Team Lindsey for this one as Mark seems to be diverting the conversation and belittling their intimacy (really, I mean "1/2" who says things like that? It wasn't like they started and them stopped, Lindsey started and he finished according to his own words).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

After watching this after party episode I felt like Mark maybe isn't as nice as he is presenting himself.  He tried to control the conversation by telling Keisha that he didn't want to talk about the landlord stuff which makes me think he is hiding something.  Way more to this story than he is letting on.  Also, 2 1/2?  No, if you had sex it counts no matter who initiated it.  From the way he described the "1/2" it sounded like he doesn't consider it as sex if he didn't initiate it (but he did participate).  I'm on Team Lindsey for this one as Mark seems to be diverting the conversation and belittling their intimacy (really, I mean "1/2" who says things like that? It wasn't like they started and them stopped, Lindsey started and he finished according to his own words).

I had the impression that Mark was saying the half was Lindsey masterbating in front of him, and he didn’t participate in her “taking it into her own hands,” as he said. I didn’t hear anything about him finishing or even being involved. I’m not sure why he counted that except to say that maybe Lindsey was acting sexual that day, but he wasn’t. The two actual times were the wedding night and the first night in PR.

I also think it’s appropriate for him to not badmouth the landlord on national television. He signed up for this show, not the landlord. It’s kind of strange that they ARE talking about her so much. I don’t know whether this woman signed a release that is allowing the show to use her likeness and edit it as they see fit. But it’s one thing for the show to ruin this woman’s reputation. It’s another thing  entirely to expect Mark to continue to insult this woman that he considered a mother figure. 

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I had the impression that Mark was saying the half was Lindsey masterbating in front of him, and he didn’t participate in her “taking it into her own hands,” as he said. I didn’t hear anything about him finishing or even being involved. I’m not sure why he counted that except to say that maybe Lindsey was acting sexual that day, but he wasn’t. The two actual times were the wedding night and the first night in PR.

My impression, and I'm pretty sure the one Mark was trying to put forward, was that it depended on whether you considered one of those 3 times to have taken place on the same day as the other two times.  From that I got the impression that the 1/2 sexual encounter probably happened in the middle of the night so he was having trouble deciding whether it took place it on the same day as the other two times.  And that's why he called it a "half".  But actually it would make more sense if he meant that masturbating was the half encounter since she was involved in it but not him.  I don't know if even he knows what he's trying to say.  It sounds to me like he's trying too hard to be vague and making up cover stories for what really happened just to answer the question.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

I also think it’s appropriate for him to not badmouth the landlord on national television. He signed up for this show, not the landlord. It’s kind of strange that they ARE talking about her so much. I don’t know whether this woman signed a release that is allowing the show to use her likeness and edit it as they see fit. But it’s one thing for the show to ruin this woman’s reputation. It’s another thing  entirely to expect Mark to continue to insult this woman that he considered a mother figure. 

Has he really insulted the landlord?  Unless I've missed something he's only pretty much stuck to the facts of the situation such as her texting him, and removing the furniture.  Otherwise I haven't seen any insults.  I think he has tried very hard not to say what he really thinks about her and that may be why he didn't want Keisha to ask too many questions about it since it put him in an uncomfortable situation.

5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

If you listened more carefully you would realize that Mark  said he didn’t want sex and Lindsay did. So she just finished her self off and he did not participate

Edited by Kira53
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think it looks that way but the truth is that the show and in this case Keisha, is trying to manipulate him into revealing more about that situation than he wants to or thinks is appropriate.  And they're succeeding!  The questions are asked in such a way that he probably felt pressured to explain things or else it would it look bad and in the process he revealed too much.

• Love 1

I wish we'd incorporate the after-party discussion into the regular thread.  What gets said there is actually really important to the main episode.  Although considering what got said at this after party, it's probably best that it has a lower viewership than the main episode.

Anyway, I'm happy about the discussion about having sex 2-1/2 times.  It never occurred to me it was anything other than Lindsey masturbating and encouraging Mark to join in, and was shocked that she was doing that so quickly into a brand new relationship.  And that he was talking about it.  I figured I was just an old lady clutching her pearls, but maybe not.

• LOL 3
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I'm reluctant to pursue this, but it would seem not to involve MTS whatsoever....🤔

Another post about whose meaning I'm  baffled! "[P]enny in a jar thing"?

He said he he might have jumped in at the end, but we dont know what "jumped in" really means.  Keisha dropped the ball on this one.  We need a new host. Also The Shark was being cagey about what it meant, he might have just talked dirty to her.  I think Keisha needs to schedule a follow up on this question.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

He said he he might have jumped in at the end, but we dont know what "jumped in" really means.  Keisha dropped the ball on this one.  We need a new host. Also The Shark was being cagey about what it meant, he might have just talked dirty to her.  I think Keisha needs to schedule a follow up on this question.

I think I got enough info on this one thank you very much.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1