Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Pool Party Paradise

• Start Topic

When only a select few ladies are given time at a beautiful vineyard with the Joes, there is an unexpected party crasher and wining and dining turns to whining and crying.

Original air date: Feb 3 2022

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

Wow, didn't see that elimination coming.

I kinda did when she was all about should I use the coin while Steven was all into getting to know the girls he hasn't yet really been able to talk to. Interrupting the special time with Whitney so Jennie could get validation that they were still a thing? Came off super needy.

I genuinely feel like a number of these women have decent money. 

Also I feel like Carolyn was intentionally kept off the date to stop the drama and that makes me wonder just how much drama she's creating with Kurt. 

Edited by EllaWycliffe
  • Love 5

As much as I like the show, there is also something missing….it is a bit…unfocused?   They seem to be trying a bit of this and a bit of that and seeing what works.  

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?   They are down to eight.  And then there is what happens when they announce Steven has the bucks.   

• Love 1

Carolyn and Kurt are already planning their wedding to each other. Meanwhile, Jennie is already planning her wedding to someone and if it’s not Steven, then get out of her way so she can find someone fast.

Steven doesn’t mind that Breanna is a big drinker—getting drunk and wild is “country,” apparently. The only red flag is her insecurity.

This Is actually smart to keep the women that they have the strongest connections with behind.

Callah might actually be the perfect match for Steven. She has the Barbie doll looks but the cattle ranch experience of Jessie (Toy Story). I can’t imagine any of the rest of these girls happy living in this small town on a ranch—despite the money. Add to it that the only place to get wine in his small town in Missouri is the Dollar General. No wonder why this man is rich. It’s impossible to spend more than $0.99 on anything.

Jennie somehow tanked her chances by going in strong on marriage and kids with Steve? Seems like it was a loooong day of drinking and he was just ready to go home by the time she showed up.

Damn! I really didn’t think Steven’s feelings about Jennie  turned enough to send her home! I guess the marriage talk made him realize he couldn’t see himself married to her?

Hmm Martin says, “For richer or poorer…” but isn’t that just the tagline for this season? I guess they’ll keep this dynamic with the two Joes? He then says, “Your time at Lakeshore manor has ended” instead of “Joe time’s up”—which they totally would have said had this been a VH-1 show back in the day. Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s literally what Flava Flav said, “Yo time’s up!”

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Jennie somehow tanked her chances by going in strong on marriage and kids with Steve? Seems like it was a loooong day of drinking and he was just ready to go home by the time she showed up.

We didn't see all of the discussions that the guys had about her but at one point they were talking about her being a lawyer. That fact alone probably intimidated the hell out of them. Plus, I'm sure it didn't help that she c*ck-blocked Steven before he got a chance to kiss the girl with the big chest that night.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

As much as I like the show, there is also something missing….it is a bit…unfocused?   They seem to be trying a bit of this and a bit of that and seeing what works.  

Does anyone know how many episodes are left?   They are down to eight.  And then there is what happens when they announce Steven has the bucks.   

5, though I’m not sure how they’re going to stretch it that much unless each Joe gets a full episode of meeting the ladies’ families and the ladies meeting theirs. 

5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Damn! I really didn’t think Steven’s feelings about Jennie  turned enough to send her home! I guess the marriage talk made him realize he couldn’t see himself married to her?

IMO, Jennie sent herself home when she showed up to a date she wasn’t invited to looking ultra needy and desperate. To me, it was a huge red flag and if I were Steven, I’d be wondering how much more possessive/clingy she’d be once in a relationship. Is she the type where you can’t look at/speak to another woman or she flips out. 

I’m team Amber for now. She seems the most fun and level-headed of the ones left. 

ETA: I can’t believe it was this stupid show that made me dig out my password and post something instead of just reading 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Bookworm13
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

I am really enjoying this show.  As soon as Jennie decided to use her gold coin I thought she was gone.  Stephen really seems to not like the drama that is occurring between Carolyn, Kurt and the others so I thought he would let her go for pulling a "Carolyn."  Both guys seemed to be glad to have a date without the level of drama that had been with Carolyn, and so when Jenny seemed to be heading in that same direction it was time for her to go.  I did like that Jenny wasn't going to allow Stephen to comfort her (I always think that people should just leave without massaging the eliminator's ego).  

I hope that Kurt wakes up and realizes what life with Carolyn would be like and lets her go.  She was like the cat that ate the canary when she encouraged Jenny to go to the vineyard-it was like she was savoring the ensuring drama that would cause.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

She was like the cat that ate the canary when she encouraged Jenny to go to the vineyard-it was like she was savoring the ensuring drama that would cause.

I think she's playing hard. She knew, I think, that using the coin would backfire.

• Love 1

It was interesting that Steven said that he was also developing feelings for Carolyn. And Kurt said she was feeling things for other woman, as well. Carolyn needs to be sent home. She is toxic to the environment, and if leaving her home didn't clarify that, then they are pretty dumb. I think one of the reasons that Jennie was sent home is that she wasted her hour with him talking about superficial things - he wanted deeper conversation and she blew it.

Also, if Steven really has the money, was he playing dumb about wine and figs and cheese, or is he just not refined or experienced? I don't have a lot of money but I know what figs and cheese look like!

I think Carolyn is pretty, but not amazing and I don't think many of these woman are very attractive. All look good in bikinis, though.

Do you think Breanna is going to "win" because she isn't playing the game and causing drama? She really brings the mood down since she is so unsure of herself, and yes, she really did NOT make a good impression with her drunken behavior. But, her insecurity is not attractive, even if they tell her she is pretty or amazing, she challenges them and doesn't believe them. That is too draining and frustrating to keep her around after being told what they said at the end. She gets one more chance to put a smile on and have some sober fun.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way saying all people from Stephen's ne k of the woods fall into this but.... I can believe, based on his statements, and where he's from and his occupation, that he hasn't had much exposure to wines, figs, or cheese beyond cheddar or nacho. A lot of rural areas don't have "fancy" stuff in the grocery stores because it doesn't sell well. Why stock brie if no one is buying? Beer is a lot more popular in the Midwest than wine  and he might not be in a family that was adventurous about food. 

• Love 4

My mother in law was married to a guy who owned a bunch of farms and a trucking company in north central IL.  He's pretty wealthy but you wouldn't know it just talking to him.  He's very smart and funny but at heart is just a down home guy.  Still has the Firebird he bought brand new when he was in high school in the early seventies but otherwise just drives a beat up pickup and prefers Marlboros and Budweiser to figs and wine.  Steven reminds me a lot of him.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I thought it was Amanda who Stephen was also developing feelings for as well as Kurt (there is so much wrong with this sentence but I'm super tired and had a lot of wine...).

You’re right. It was Amanda. THAT was shocking enough since Amanda is obviously in a battle to the death for Kurt’s heart. But there’s no way Carolyn is giving anyone else the time of day since SHE decided she’s marrying Kurt, whether he likes it or not. But then at the winery they did show Amanda, after talking to Steven, saying that they had a good talk and that maybe she should keep her options open…presumably because her chances in the Battle for Kurt’s Heart are a bit lower than Carolyn’s chances.

21 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

Still has the Firebird he bought brand new when he was in high school in the early seventies

That's probably worth quite a bit of money now if it's still in good shape.

Back on topic: I still see Kurt as Carolyn's to lose although he played tonsil hockey with just about every woman that went on the group date. With Steven, though, it's hard to tell which way he's leaning. The bromance between Kurt and Steven seems to be the best relationship on that show. I wonder if they will keep in touch after the show is officially over.

• Love 3
On 2/4/2022 at 2:24 PM, Retired at last said:

Also, if Steven really has the money, was he playing dumb about wine and figs and cheese, or is he just not refined or experienced? I don't have a lot of money but I know what figs and cheese look like!

He's small rural rich, not boarding school urban rich.  So while they had money I'm sure he went to a subpar public school and didn't have wealthy friends.  I'll look it up but I'm guessing he went to a state college and was a frat boy.  I'm guessing they spent their money on sides of beef and craft beer instead of wine and cheese.  He's got some knowledge of rich people things because his family would of had and been invited to some fancy events but for the most part I'm guessing he's just a kid who grew up on a farm.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I wonder if they will keep in touch after the show is officially over.

Doubt it. Kurt seems to be kinda tolerating Steven and keeping it pleasant because there's no reason not to and they're being filmed. I get the impression he's mostly amused by what a hick Steven is coupled with how Steven is kinda braggy/arrogant about being the Rich Joe. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 2/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, Retired at last said:

It was interesting that Steven said that he was also developing feelings for Carolyn.

Carolyn?  CAROLYN?  I know he's naive, but is he blind and crazy too?

On 2/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, Retired at last said:

He's probably in a rural area, working HARD on the family's business...there's probably no need for figs and cheese.  Additionally, the producers probably encourage as much AW, SHUCKS from Steven as they can.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, NeenerNeener said:

We didn't see all of the discussions that the guys had about her but at one point they were talking about her being a lawyer. That fact alone probably intimidated the hell out of them. Plus, I'm sure it didn't help that she c*ck-blocked Steven before he got a chance to kiss the girl with the big chest that night.

Yeah I don't think they sent her home because they were intimidated by her. She's 29 and looks at least double that. She's not an attractive woman in my opinion. Plus, before Steven even said anything, I kept wondering why she kept talking about marriage and kids and serious stuff when she should have been getting to him know/each other instead. I know on the Bachelor they are supposed to talk about serious things and tell sob stories but these guys seem more down to earth and the script seems to allow them to talk about other types of stuff .

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 2/6/2022 at 2:55 AM, Back Atcha said:

Additionally, the producers probably encourage as much AW, SHUCKS from Steven as they can.

Doesn't it seem like it's gotten so much worse since the show started?  He's very articulate and carried himself well in the initial episodes.  Now he is totally playing up the "aw shucks" hay seed routine.  

I like Annie for Steven.  She seems down to earth but could probably broaden his horizons a bit.

I think the most telling thing of this episode is that all the girl's are over Carolyn's drama too and were super hyped not to have her around.  Personally, I think she's a dog face.  She was waving that one big foot right in the camera when she was talking to Kurt and for some reason that really bugged me too :-)  

They had to order an Uber XL just to fit Jennie's lips for the ride home.  

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

They had to order an Uber XL just to fit Jennie's lips for the ride home.  

POOR THANG!  She make MY lips hurt!  I think she must have been injecting while she was there.  Her lips looked BIGGER as time went on.  She was basically pretty...and seems smart enough.  But then...she hopes to earn a husband on a "game show."

Edited by Back Atcha
  • LOL 3
On 2/5/2022 at 4:29 PM, EllaWycliffe said:

I get the impression he's mostly amused by what a hick Steven is coupled with how Steven is kinda braggy/arrogant about being the Rich Joe. 

I'd bet that Kurt has worked for/been around enough of the young/studly "Rich Joes," that he knows just how to act like one.  He might even keep someone in mind while "performing."