Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: The Last to Go

• Start Topic

Very exciting.

Two questions:

1. Were the trains reconnected as one or were they running parallel? The last shot was a bit confusing.

2. Crushing balls? What is with Willford's penchant for grabbing other men's genitals and exposing himself in front of his employees? Is he gay?

• Love 1

I wonder if the portholes really were an empty threat. I do not believe a word Wilford says and wouldn't put it past him saying that just to fuck with Ruth. I shudder to think what he would have done to the tailies if Melanie hadn't mutinied and kicked him off the train in the first place. 

• Love 1

So this Asha character is the one who attacked Layton last week.  Not sure what part she's going to play, it must be something.

Hope they don't kill Ruth off or take her arm.  She's grown on me.

4 hours ago, showme said:

1. Were the trains reconnected as one or were they running parallel? The last shot was a bit confusing.

I'm pretty sure they were running parallel.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, showme said:

2. Crushing balls? What is with Willford's penchant for grabbing other men's genitals and exposing himself in front of his employees? Is he gay?

Power moves, making employees ( or servants) feel awkward and vulnerable.

Does Alex appear to have been aged up since last season?  She looked like a young teenage kid before and now looks about 20, to me anyway.  Rowan Blanchard must have experienced a puberty spike since last year.

• Love 1
On 2/1/2022 at 4:18 AM, showme said:

Crushing balls? What is with Willford's penchant for grabbing other men's genitals and exposing himself in front of his employees? Is he gay?

It's such a strange thing to do.  I think what they're trying to convey with that is what a creepy bastard Wilford is.  Here in his own little world all his weird little idiosyncrasies are being indulged.  

On 2/1/2022 at 8:36 AM, rwlevin said:

I wonder if the portholes really were an empty threat. I do not believe a word Wilford says and wouldn't put it past him saying that just to fuck with Ruth.

I could see that.  On the other hand, he probably had the hubris to believe he would never actually be opposed.  Really, I don't know why he just didn't have a policy that anyone who seriously challenged his rule would be killed.

• Love 1

Perfect timing, very glad that Ruth doesn't have to lose a limb, even if it looks like shit is really about to go down. She's really emerged as one of the shows biggest heroes, talk about a massive turn around from where she started. I don't know if I believe Wilford when he says that the weapon was always an empty threat, I can buy Wilford being enough of a narcissist that he could never imagine someone challenging him, but I can also see him just saying that to mess with Ruth. 

Poor Javi. No one is having a good time (except for Wilford and LJ) but he seems to be really suffering. 

I guess Wilford's obsession with balls and baths and such is a power move, and it certainly is off putting and creepy. He's like Negan from The Walking Dead but with a veneer of class and significantly more hands on with his balls obsession. 

• LOL 2

Is Javi just doomed always to pick the wrong side? Remember when he wanted to let Ruth and GI Joe into the engine without a fight? Now he’s running from Ruth in the opposite direction, clearly identifying himself to Kevin as a member of the resistance, not building a self-defeat mechanism into the EMP while aiding in its construction…

Sucks to be the actor who played the other Dr. Headwood, dying offscreen. I wondered if it was more lies, but it seems if one of the Headwoods got sick, the other would certainly have been the one to diagnose.

Edited by riprock
  • Love 1

Ugh I wasn't going to try watching this again after not quite finishing last season, but here I am! 😆 

Are they trying to give LJ a redemption arc or something? I bet Os didn't feel like having any wedding night fun after his "meeting" with Wilford. I am surprised LJ has survived this long.

One of the others on my hate list: Why is Audrey still alive? She doesn't *do* anything and is looking really rough. It's a good thing I'm not on that train because there probably would have been a lot of "accidents". 

Layton has no idea that Wilford is experimenting on Zara's pregnancy, right? I was only partially paying attention, so does Zara herself know or was she knocked out? Does Wilford know it's Layton's child? That will be explosive when Layton finds out! Or maybe not since this show isn't big on continuity, showing, or explaining things.

Javi is so spineless, I just can't. (Ok, I just realized that I don't like most of these characters 😂.) 

Ruth has surprised me and I'm rooting for her now when I couldn't stand her before. 

On 2/1/2022 at 1:36 PM, rwlevin said:

I wonder if the portholes really were an empty threat. 

I doubt it.

Not only was amputation the prescribed penalty for at least some offences (drug dealing was amputation of the dominant arm, as I recall), it’s not the only way in which the cold was weaponised. “Lung of Ice” is an official method of execution. There also seem to be portholes in different parts of the train, including the Tail, which was originally the baggage section, about ten miles from the front of the train. The only difference is likely to be that, had Wilford been in charge all along, “pissed Wilford off” and “because Wilford felt like it” would be grounds for amputation.

How fortunate for Ruth that preparing the port for her was apparently more elaborate than just opening it.

Though given that we’re talking about Wilford, preparing the port could well have included gathering an audience for him.

I wonder if there’s any significance to the use of the ointment that Mrs. Headwood used on Ruth, instead of just pouring water on her arm. 

Asha’s awareness of Snowpiercer’s existence reinforces the idea that its construction was no secret, which makes me wonder how the US government didn’t seize possession of it when it became clear that the planet was about to become unsurvivable.

Edited by ReganX
  • Love 1

Finally able to watch the rest of S3 on Netflix in Europe.  Too bad no one has released S4 yet, so I know there will be a cliffhanger (probably Melanie’s return). 

That EMP could have caused real problems for SP, and kept everyone in the cold.

Ruth is lucky for the timing. 
Still no Miles.  
plenty of cray cray with LJ and Audrey.