Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E08: Dr. Razmik Maier

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Thu, Jan 13, 2022

The death of a professional tennis player leads the Task Force to a doctor who may be fixing the odds for a major sports betting syndicate. Red digs deeper into Dembe's betrayal. Ressler struggles with sobriety.

(edited)

Are we sure Tom Brady wasn't the ultimate villain behind all this? Man needs to cover his tracks.

Careful Ressler, the proverbial "Light and the end of the tunnel" you are seeing might be the cancelation of this show.

Maier has balls to abduct the reporter in broad daylight. Was he on his "super soldier serum" to drag her from the street all the way to her apartment with ease and not been noticed? That's Brotherley love from the people in Philadelphia.

Park is trying to save a woman and this POS Ressler is only worried about his drug habit and stole a sheet from a perscpition pad (Also, why does the reporter have a prescription pad?). Ressler still found time in his supposedly busy day to write a fake prescription to get pills. That's the only time he can accomplished something. Ressler is really on drugs if Park's big eyes couldn't scare him straight.

Ressler tells Park he got pills and she still doesn't tell Cooper (who most likely wouldn't do anything about it anyway) or any one in charge after her big "Responsiblity" speech to him. So much for her tough talk!

Aram is afraid to "pee while biking"?! Didn't his romp with the psychotic cheating woman teach him anything about taking chances?

Shouldn't the man that distracted Cooper in order for the bartender to drop the drug in his drink be a suspect too? Seemed too well coordinated for the drugging.

Seeing the damage from stomach acid, next time Stella should hide the flash drive up her ass.

Red's witch is not concerned for Red. She is embarrased she has to bunk in that in his tin can trailer and is tired of the other witches laughing at her living arrangement. She didn't tell Red where she's going because it's to a five star hotel. A witch has standards.

I feel bad for the driver that picked her up. Now Red has to kill him for knowing his secret location.

Burgos told Aram run and he does without hesitation. What a terrible agent. Another great decision from Cooper to put this man in the field.

Now Red is laying a heavy guilt trip on Dembe for Liz's death. Some people (mostly here) would call him a hero, would proudly give him a ride and not kick him out the car in the middle of no where.

Please tell me Ressler left the keys to the handcuffs in Detroit?!

Why is Cooper pointing a gun to a dead man? Still wasn't convinced he was gone?

Now the bartender is dead after Cooper found out he was involved. Cooper will still be oblivious to think his friend that gave him the footage is not involved in this.

Ani Bolin looked so skinny. I am not convinced she was juicing!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

For the first time in a long time I find myself more interested in the Reddington story than the other plots.  Of course, the bar has been set pretty low here, but I am curious to see where his investigation leads. 

Who did they get to pose for Liz in those pictures?

I liked Dembe's reply to Red - "Lots of things killed Elizabeth.  I was only one of them."  Take that, Reddington.

• Love 6

Not enough Spader in this now. He may be limiting his time on the set due to COVID protocols, maybe the writers just aren't writing enough scenes for him without Liz. Spader is the only reason I watch this and he hasn't been getting enough screen time to make it worth my while to watch during initial broadcast now. Starting next week I'll watch my Tivo recording and FF through the FBI bits. When I want to see idiots running around like chickens with their heads cut off I can watch the revival of Joe Millionaire instead.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Are we sure Tom Brady wasn't the ultimate villain behind all this? Man needs to cover his tracks.

Well, if Ressler's deflated balls are any indication... (too soon?)

Speaking of covering tracks, I thought it was kind of funny that the Dr. was giving the athletes their injections right where a junkie would do it. Tracks come from the needle, not the contents. From what I have read, people who want to hide such habits will inject between the toes. I guess it goes to show that whatever drugs these writers are on, they are not the injected kind.

12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Seeing the damage from stomach acid, next time Stella should hide the flash drive up her ass.

I had a similar thought although I will spare you the specifics. But I guess if she didn't have time for that she could have just held the flash drive in her mouth instead of swallowing it. I have a flash drive similar to that one and while they are fairly discreet in their form factor, they would not be easy to swallow. The other options would certainly be easier.

• Love 5

Still not interested in who's setting up Cooper.  There better be a big pay off but I'm not holding my breath.

Is there some reason Ressler couldn't just see a therapist, even one provided by the agency?  Of course in his case, it'd probably lead to more blackmail...  I found Park chewing him out amusing considering her transgressions.

I know Mr. Sportswear was in on it as soon as he came into the house of the dead tennis player.  Otherwise, it made no sense for this doctor to be running around juicing up people (at least not to me).

Aram is still Aram...

I'm over this show and the Liz worship.  Now we have Red on a vendetta against Dembe.  I'm with his spiritual shaman girl friend.  He needs to let it go.  Unless TPTB think that the specter of Liz is going to keep the lights on for this show, she's dead and it's done.  As for Van Dyke following Dembe and knowing where to find Liz, so what?  He was going to hunt her to the ends of the earth if need be so unless she was going to become a mole person and live underground for the rest of her life,..  I get Red was planning on her taking his place and somehow being untouchable but let's get real, it was Liz who wasn't always the brightest bulb in the box and sooner or later someone would have taken her out.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I get Red was planning on her taking his place and somehow being untouchable but let's get real, it was Liz who wasn't always the brightest bulb in the box and sooner or later someone would have taken her out.

If Liz had just shot and killed Red like he wanted, then she got killed immediately afterward, maybe this would have been a better show. Or not. But at least the Liz storyline would be done and gone. Maybe.

Ressler with his beard and shaggy hair looked just like Ronald on Big Sky. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Wow !! That episode was pretty bad.  And that's saying something compared to last week's show.

At least Red used to be somewhat likable despite the deeds he did.  Now that he's trying to pin Liz's death on Dembe Red is making this show tough to watch.  If he kills Dembe I'm done with this show.

Oh noooesss !!! My witch is sad.  Who cares !!

Same goes for Ressler's drug problem, Park's personal problems, Cooper's blackmail problem -- it's all so much crappy filler that substitutes for story because the Blacklister o' the week is so boring.

Did Park and Ressler not go to the FBI Academy ?  Because anytime someone loosely related to a crime is overly helpful 9 times out of 10 that's the bad guy.

And why was Dr. Razmik Maier the Blacklister ?  He was just a tool of the actual bad guy -- Walker Burgos.
Seriously these new writers are making the Kings of the Highway look like criminal masterminds compared to the latest round of Blacklisters.

Aram is turning into the coincidentally convenient font of knowledge that relates to the case o' the week.  Of course he got into triathlon training and he followed the runner, and knew all about the tennis player and the sporting goods manufacturer.

Next week on 'The Blacklist':

Cooper: "Our Blacklister is heavily involved in the motorized underwater BBQ fighting league."
Aram: "Oh yeah, I went to a motorized underwater BBQ fighting league summer camp in high school and have been following the league for years."

Thankfully there was no mention of Agnes this week -- though I'm still convinced that was her on the phone talking to Cooper.

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the cat.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat or Sierra the cat.

Bindi Irwin must be #1 Blacklister for rescuing all the pets abandoned by other Blacklisters...

• LOL 7
21 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

I'm over this show and the Liz worship.  Now we have Red on a vendetta against Dembe.  I'm with his spiritual shaman girl friend.  He needs to let it go.  Unless TPTB think that the specter of Liz is going to keep the lights on for this show, she's dead and it's done.  As for Van Dyke following Dembe and knowing where to find Liz, so what?  He was going to hunt her to the ends of the earth if need be so unless she was going to become a mole person and live underground for the rest of her life,..  I get Red was planning on her taking his place and somehow being untouchable but let's get real, it was Liz who wasn't always the brightest bulb in the box and sooner or later someone would have taken her out.

I'm torn on this all. On the one hand, Liz was awful, but on the other hand, the show sadly WAS built around Red and Liz, so I get why they want to keep her involved somehow until presumably it fully transitions into a Red/Agnes deal. 

• Love 1

Still with the Liz stuff? Really? Can't we move from her and just concentrate on the Blacklist? Now this will continue forever because Red has an obsession with her murder. When he is actually to blame for it. The hit job was meant for him...but because he put Liz in play to kill him she got the bullet...Red always blaming others for his mistakes. This show is so far removed from the show it was a few years ago...it's an embarassment.

• Love 3
On 1/15/2022 at 8:33 AM, Brian Cronin said:

I'm torn on this all. On the one hand, Liz was awful, but on the other hand, the show sadly WAS built around Red and Liz, so I get why they want to keep her involved somehow until presumably it fully transitions into a Red/Agnes deal. 

The show doesn’t have to transition to Red/Agnes.  That would make it the same bilge it used to be.  
It really just needs to end.  Now we just have a bunch of idiots and criminals running around in the same circles weekly.

Ressler has covered up murder by Liz, and now has committed multiple felonies regarding drugs.   But let’s keep feeling bad for him.

Red is a murderer, felon, crime boss and ‘we’ still have him as the protagonist.  And he is so inept he can’t even figure out who shot Lizzie.

Whose  bones were in that suitcase?

GMAFB

Edited by CaptainE
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Weecha is played by Diany Rodriguez.

Thanks.  I looked her up and apparently, she’s not the actress I thought she was. I thought that I had seen her on a soap as a teen.  Her filmography doesn’t go back that far. It doesn’t appear she acted when in her teens.  

You know…..I really do need to examine why I watch this show.  I’ve noticed that throughout the episode I moan, sigh and yell…and not in a good way. Lol.  I don’t think it’s entertaining to me any longer.   

• Love 1