Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 6/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

CO1.thumb.png.8672be6b74e6c95705c71181c9b05351.png

CO2.png.743ee0354c31d37a6d7986904d5dc613.png

I really liked Christina.  I think she may have needed more power but she is a sweetie and I hate to see her go after 2 years. She was very gracious about being cut.   

• Like 10
50 minutes ago, DCC.Style.fan said:

Aren't there usually more tccs than this? Like a lot more?

I feel like they average about 45 girls in training camp.

There is a thread on Reddit that says they announced first group leaders- Kelcey, Chandi, Claire and McKenzie. No surprise there. No word yet on specific groups or 2nd leaders yet. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I am not sure y'all read Reddit as well, but it has pretty much been confirmed over there that some sort of filming is happening for training camp this year with The Cheer documentary producers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I am not sure y'all read Reddit as well, but it has pretty much been confirmed over there that some sort of filming is happening for training camp this year with The Cheer documentary producers. 

Ooh, don’t tease me like this.  I so hope this is true.

• Like 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, whosadcc said:

I feel like they average about 45 girls in training camp.

There is a thread on Reddit that says they announced first group leaders- Kelcey, Chandi, Claire and McKenzie. No surprise there. No word yet on specific groups or 2nd leaders yet. 

Yaaaay, Chandi!  I love how she has matured from innocent rookie to sexy siren.  Kinda reminds me of Jenna's evolution on the squad.  I hope it ends better for Chandi, though.

Claire is shining like the star she is.  McKenzie has really stepped up her game.  And Kelcey is officially the head cheerleader.

Great group of leaders.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
Just now, Weeklydcc said:

Yaaaay, Chandi!  I love how she has matured from innocent rookie to sexy siren.  Kinda reminds me of Jenna's evolution on the squad.  I hope it ends better for Chandi, though.

Claire is shining like the star she is.  McKenzie has really stepped up her game.  And Kelcey is officially the head cheerleader.

Great group of leaders.

It’s not known what order they are in tho it’s a good chance Chandi got group 1 leader 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

fakeannouncement.jpg.a9764ae5fd41c3c542fbdeb78e5a41cd.jpg

I went over to Reddit to look at this. The person who posted this graphic admitted to making it themself. In my opinion, they slapped the logo on it, in an attempt to make it look pseudo-official. They then wrote that they heard someone who "confirmed" it was "very likely." So in other words, they didn't confirm it at all.  They took a hypothesis that had already been shared here and tried to "announce" it like breaking news. 

I don't spend time on the Reddit page so I don't know if this is just the culture there, but this seems like complete bull to me, posted by someone who just wanted to entertain themself by stirring people up. This "big announcement" is nothing but fluff.

Screenshot2023-06-25104354.thumb.png.1b1e67406415d0296ade2fb876e79047.png

Screenshot2023-06-25104413.png.b8466e98fc39e3acfd2724c9cfc71b19.png

• Useful 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I went over to Reddit to look at this. The person who posted this graphic admitted to making it themself. In my opinion, they slapped the logo on it, in an attempt to make it look pseudo-official. They then wrote that they heard someone who "confirmed" it was "very likely." So in other words, they didn't confirm it at all.  They took a hypothesis that had already been shared here and tried to "announce" it like breaking news. 

I don't spend time on the Reddit page so I don't know if this is just the culture there, but this seems like complete bull to me, posted by someone who just wanted to entertain themself by stirring people up. This "big announcement" is nothing but fluff.

There was also a second picture you had to click 

78029792-E867-428A-B085-A9D8C1283F9A.jpeg

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Allegedly, rookie Darian was one of the two cuts made yesterday and rookie Kaylin was the other.  I haven't heard anything one way or the other so I don't know how true this is.

That syncs with what I heard.

10 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

There was also a second picture you had to click on which was this 

DE070C43-146A-4F39-9883-A72040B9E6DE.jpeg

Here is one of the comments on that post.

IMG_1303.jpeg

• Useful 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I remain unconvinced. The DCC have ALWAYS had cameras at their auditions. I need better proof than this.

Ok 👍 have a good day 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

For context for the non-Reddit readers. AYTOL__ is the one that creates all the graphics we repost here, like photo charts of the vets returning and the new TCCs. Making a graphic to announce they are filming this summer is par for the course for this person.

AYTOL__ gets insider info and it has proven to be very accurate. They don't post misleading stuff or "bull."

The wording "new show" was probably too specific. What has been confirmed is that two Cheer documentary producers are somehow involved with the new TCCs and there has been filming going on related to training camp beginning.   There has been other info passed to regulars on Reddit privately, and they all confirm the same thing. The filming has come up in several different Reddit posts, and everyone is coming to the same conclusion and getting pretty much the same info -  in all likelihood there is outside filming being done by the Cheer producers in hopes to launch something like a DCC special or pilot show on a streaming platform such as Netflix.

Edited by StellaCL
Soelling
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Thanks for the reddit scoop and explanations--and I'm so excited about this show possibility! I know lots of pilots are cut that never make it to real shows, but I hope that 16 seasons proves to the producers that there will be viewers for a new DCC special or show. I want to hear they're following more vets, though, because many of us want to see more about the vets in a new show. It would be a chance to get to know more about the rookies from last year and "catch up" with vets we watched in previous audition seasons. I would love to see Caroline's sister on a show as a TCC. 

I am pretty shocked at Christina's cut and would love to know more details about what happened. I only can imagine that something with the demands of doing a clinical masters degree may have been too much while being a DCC--like school/clinical time demands interfered with having enough time to practice routines and her dancing/performance showed this, or with the time constraints of school, she had less time to work out. I don't know what else, as she is a solid dancer (not the best but really grew to a fun performer who shines in her uniform), a clearly loved teammate, and a great ambassador. I admire her grace and am happy to see her team rally around her. That must have been a shocking and big loss for the team. Since I know nothing of last year's rookies, I have no opinion or surprise about the 2 other cuts.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I know insiders confirmed but this pic would indicate that the Kayla and Kali cuts are accurate. 

I would guess that with Barbies in finals, Sophy and Karley are probably pretty safe for the moment. 

IMG_2005.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

It's that time of the year where I pull out my DCC Name Database and compare the names of the training camp candidates to names of previous DCCs. I took all of my information from Pompedia, The Dallas Cowboys Website, and The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Website. If there is anyone that I am missing , if I spelled someone's name or last name wrong, or if I have their years wrong, please let me know.

Also keep in mind that this isn't the final roster, so some trainees will get cut, but I am too impatient and I wanted to do it now instead of waiting until the final team was announced.

ANISHA: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

ANNA KATE: would be the second DCC with this name and spelling if we go by just her first name
1. Anna Carpenter (1972, 1973)

ARIANA: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

BECCA: would be the fourth DCC with this name and spelling
1. Becca Wells (1975)
2. Becca Meyers (1994, 1995, 1996),
3. Becca Gambel (2004, 2005, 2006)

BROOKLYN: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

CAMILLE: would be the second DCC with this name and spelling
1. Camille Caskey (1997, 1998, 2000)

CHARLY: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

KELLY: would be the eight DCC with this name and spelling. If TCC Kelly joins the team then the name variant "Kelly" would be tied for the 3rd most common name in DCC history alongside "Lisa" and "Mary" if we count only female DCCs. If we count both male and female, then it would be tied for 4th.
1. Kelly Williams (1976)
2. Kelly Ann Gray (1981, 1982)
3. Kelly McKee (1983)
4. Kelly Zaloudek (1983, 1985)
5. Kelly Drake (1991, 1992, 1993)
6. Kelly Kirchoff-Stus (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003)
7. Kelly Jo Stauffacher (2007)

KENNEDY: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling.

LEAH: would be the fifth DCC with this name and spelling.
1. Leah Goodwin (1997)
2. Leah Lyons (2002)
3. Leah Wilkins (2004, 2005, 2006)
4. Leah Mullinax (2006, 2007)

MCKENNA: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

REECE: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling

TAYLOR: would be the fourth DCC with this name and spelling
1. Taylor Miller (2005)
2. Taylor Jane Johnson (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
3. Taylor Pedersen (2019)

ZOE: would be the first DCC with this name and spelling. The name variant "Zoe" would also become the last name on my list of DCC names, surpassing "Zhenya" (the names are listed in alphabetical order)

Reddit said that Darian and Kaylin were cut so I didn’t include them on the list. but in case you wanted to know Kaylin would've been the first DCC with this name, and Darian would've been the second DCC with this name, the first one being Darian Lassiter who joined the team in 2020 and is still on the team as of this post.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Kamal said:

Who is this TCC?

She looks sooo cute.

I love her look and hair. I hope they didn't change her that much.

IMG_7121.jpg

I have been looking for an “after” pic but none has posted.  I think her hair is gorgeous, but it covers too much of her face. I know they gave her some highlights, as I saw that in the Tangerine story.  I think it just needs to be shaped 

7 hours ago, Kamal said:

Who is this TCC?

She looks sooo cute.

IMG_7121.jpg

I know they gave her some highlights as that was in the Tangerine story.  I hope all they did was shape it around her face (thinking Jinelle), and leave the rest of it alone.

22 hours ago, Kamal said:

Who is this TCC?

She looks sooo cute.

IMG_7121.jpg

I'm pretty sure this Leah from UCLA

Whoever she is, I agree she looks super cute here :) Blue is a good color on her 😉

I feel like we rarely see DCC with hair this dark, but maybe they'll leave it to contrast against all the blondes

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am going to be OVER THE MOON 🤸‍♂️if the show comes back.  I seriously have never mourned the loss of a TV show as much as this one!  If Netfix (or any streaming in general) is doing it, it’s going to be good….I hope.  Hopefully more nitty-gritty (full audition processes, day-in-the-life of vets, etc.) and less of the contrived stuff (sob stories, etc.). 

Edited by StepKickClunk
  • Like 9
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Kelly, Leah, Anisha and Becca were cut.

News from reddit.

Leah -  shocking since she was so strong in showmanship and power pom - but she was very petite, and likely too west coast and not enough Texas for them.

Anisha- her loose arms and rushing was going to drive Judy crazy. She probably couldn't mold fast enough to DCC style while some of the TCCs had perfected it. I also think sometimes being a pro cheerleader on other teams hurts their chances. She joins a long list of other pro cheerleaders that have been cut in recent years.

Becca - beautiful gal, but no surprise. She was going to need to stand out against the competition.

Kelly - only surprising because they featured her so much on their social media (more than Becca) the past couple weeks. 

The two previous cuts - Darian T. - she was an underdog for sure, other TCCs were on a whole other level of dance than her.
Kaylin, the clips I saw of her as a Cardinals cheerleader weren't great, I guess she hadn't improved enough.

Two cuts left! 

Who makes it - I think they would have cut Ariana and Taylor by now if they thought they weren't right for the team. 

Other locks - Anna Kate, Charly

Who knows?  - Brooklyn, Kennedy, Reece, Zoe, McKenna, Camille
I think Brooklyn has the best chance of this group. 

My favorites of those left:
Charly - unique look and love her dance.
Taylor -  she is from my home state and I always love a comeback. 

I feel like the last two cuts might be surprising again, so this entire post is probably wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Stephieg84 said:

I’m beyond shocked about Leah. She seemed to be a lock for me. I saw someone on Reddit say they asked her about her religion - would LOVE to hear more about that

The person who said that is also a new poster but I can’t say it didn’t happen and can’t say it did but when it comes to brand new posters I take everything with a grain of salt 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
(edited)

The latest training camp graph. Courtesy of AYTOL__ on Reddit.

Anisha has an injury, which may have factored into her cut or exit from TC.

lastestTCCs2023.jpg

2 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I just realized Anna Kate's photo is Anisha. I will try to post an update when this is fixed. 

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

Anisha may be an injury rather than a true cut - her story from a few minutes ago has her hobbling up the stairs in an ankle brace. 

IMG_2036.jpeg

I'm hoping that she left due to an injury rather than cut as she is an amazing dancer and has a look that hasn't been on the squad in a LONG time if at all.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The person who said that is also a new poster but I can’t say it didn’t happen and can’t say it did but when it comes to brand new posters I take everything with a grain of salt 

They could very easily be someone associated with her and decided to create their account to anonymously get the info out.

Unless you were there I don’t think anyone was expecting you to confirm or deny if it happened..    

• Like 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I'm hoping that she left due to an injury rather than cut as she is an amazing dancer and has a look that hasn't been on the squad in a LONG time if at all.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuKxYDsJ-QV/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

Reel ends with her foot elevated and in a brace so I think this confirms it, plus caption confirms her being cut. She also acknowledges her issues with DCC style, so hopefully she’ll be back stronger and more ready next year. 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, StellaCL said:

The latest training camp graph. Courtesy of AYTOL__ on Reddit.

Anisha has an injury, which may have factored into her cut or exit from TC.

lastestTCCs2023.jpg

I just realized Anna Kate's photo is Anisha. I will try to post an update when this is fixed. 

So from this, it looks like we have 1-2 cuts left before the final squad reveal. Is it just me or does it feel like people are getting cut too quickly? lol

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stephieg84 said:

They could very easily be someone associated with her and decided to create their account to anonymously get the info out.

Unless you were there I don’t think anyone was expecting you to confirm or deny if it happened..    

The comment got posted by a new user, then a few hours later deleted. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1