Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, WenD08 said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this so I’ll park this here.  There’s still hope this show will come back🤞🏾🙏🏾https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/2022/08/12/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-reality-show-is-gone-from-cmt-but-stay-tuned/

You beat me to it.  I hope the article is right.  I already have Discovery Plus and I'll gladly get Hulu or HBO Max if they stream the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GenX88 said:

Agreed! I’m apparently one of the few , maybe only one on here that thinks she deserves to be there , she earned her spot 🤷‍♀️ The hatred grown women have for a young lady they don’t even know is disturbing 

I wasn't a fan of hers at the beginning, but the hate for her got to be too much for me to handle and after watching Seasons 13 and 14, while not an over-the-top fan, I have a different view of her and wish her the best. (The same goes for the distain shown to another cheer squad, who I didn't follow diligently until the criticism started.) To each his/her own.

Edited by bjo1969
ETA
  • Love 1

I hope the show finds a new home but I’m just surprised no one has snapped it up already. It’s a known brand with a track record, it’s not like you had to sell Discovery Plus or whoever on the concept.

its weird to not have the show to look forward to this year...

I hope they refresh the format though. I skipped seasons 13 and 14, watched the bubble season out of curiosity and gave up on 16.  

• Love 2
On 8/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Idk if I ever spoke about my thoughts on the 5 year term limit, Long story short, I don't like it. If a girl wants to be a DCC forever, let her be a DCC forever. And yes that includes VK (although I will not be happy about it lol)

As long as they go through the audition process like the rest of the girls, then people should decide when they want to retire

And if that doesn't work, then they should do a 10 year term limit, instead of 5 (cause no DCC EVER has done 10 years, the longest has been 8) 

I completely agree. The job seems incredibly challenging in a multitude of ways. If a dancer can hack it and earn her boots year after year, why wouldn't you want that kind of leadership, loyalty, and reliability? 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

You beat me to it.  I hope the article is right.  I already have Discovery Plus and I'll gladly get Hulu or HBO Max if they stream the show.

Nooooo, I don't have any of these 😭😭😭

I was hoping for Paramount+ but we'll see lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Nooooo, I don't have any of these 😭😭😭

I was hoping for Paramount+ but we'll see lol. 

Nothing is set in stone it’s the same articles we have been seeing but nothing is like a done deal 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 7/21/2022 at 4:04 AM, LunaValerion said:

Honestly, for me personally (and I do realize this is all MY opinion, not trying to speak for others), it's come down to several factors:

1. No show, obviously. Without a show or even the expectation of a show following "leaks" and info during TC, there's simply not that much for me to be excited about if I'm not later going to see it play out. Otherwise, it's just gossip about ... some girls/women I'll never "know" or even see? Meh. 
  2. Oddly enough ... the show itself. It got waaaaay too dramatic. And to make matters worse, it wasn't even good at it. I always like to talk with fellow fans about why I've even continued being invested all these years. And while I know it was never "Breaking Bad"/"The Wire" quality, for a reality tv show it was a breath of fresh air. Yes, there was always going to be "drama," but it was always small snippets with some exceptions. Starting in about 2017, maybe 2018, The Powers That Be (TPTB) started to realize that the bigger the drama, the "bigger" the discussion. What a shame. Think about the drama people often mention: Holly/Jenna, VK, Jalyn on show group, Ozark 4, Kat, Kristin Dodd and Black Lives Matter, the Season 15 massacre. Eventually, it just became exhausting to keep up with all the "tea."
  3. Whatever happened to classy, respectable, young women who just wanted to be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders and pursue their love of dancing and were GOOD at it? While I have no doubt the VAST MAJORITY make up the team, let's be honest ... producers' attention gradually shifted toward those who they knew people would "talk" about and who had "big personalities" like Kat or Victoria. Now, I know those two have their fans, but come on. Please try telling me either of them are better at dancing than say, Chandi, or McKenzie, or Kelcey etc. Which leads me to ...
  4.  The DCCs themselves. I used to be able to name them all, even the ones I couldn't stand, what year they were, school they went to, college accomplishments etc. Now, as the show has gone from focusing on a TEAM to simply focusing on just a handful (some of which DON'T EVEN MAKE THE DARN TEAM) I have lost interest. And now to top it all off, there is no show. (Bringing it back to point 1, lol). 

Anyways, that doesn't even begin to cover my recent issues. But I do hope y'all have enjoyed this little rant. 😂

Sorry I’m so late catching up this year for obvi reason being there’s no show…

but I had to say… I felt this post so deep in my SOUL!! 😆

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Also.. can someone remind me what the “Ozark 4” was? 🙏

Tess  daphne Caroline and Kat  but apparently it was a big misunderstanding they thought it was safe to drive 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
52 minutes ago, Rita J said:

VK  “Lying and stealing”..?  Someone remind me?  
Y’all don’t come for me… I’m behind lol. 

IIRC, the best example of her lying was during her first time in Training Camp when she was supposed to be working with Jinelle regarding Victoria's weight gain.  Victoria supposedly had a doctor's to see if there were medical reasons why she was gaining weight and not just an extremely poor diet.  Kelli even stated on camera that "something happened prior to rehearsal between Jinelle and Victoria.  Jinelle volunteered her time to help Victoria with nutrition and I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty but there is something not adding up and I want to explore that." The issue in question was that Victoria was avoiding Jinelle's calls and texts, not responding to any of it, until she was dragged into the office.  Victoria then lied to Kelli's face and called out on THAT (again on camera or at least blatantly hinted at in editing) before Victoria FINALLY admitted that she didn't want to work with Jinelle, but with someone who has been through what she has (thus hinting that it was actually a poor diet that caused the weight gain and not any so-called medical condition).  She was reprimanded for being so rude as to ignoring Jinelle, then sent out of the office without any repercussions beyond a scolding.

Rumor has it that it was a thyroid issue and Victoria supposedly admitted to it on social media, but the "doctor" that she said prescribed the medicine she was on wasn't licensed to prescribe those medicines and wasn't licensed to diagnose the issue on top of that.  There were other instances of lying, but these were the best-documented.

The stealing issue was a rumor that, during Victoria's first year as a veteran, another girl's very distinctive phone case was stolen from the locker room and Victoria just happened to show up with that very phone case (or an identical one) the very next day.

There might be other instances, but I'm not remembering them at the moment.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

IIRC, the best example of her lying was during her first time in Training Camp when she was supposed to be working with Jinelle regarding Victoria's weight gain.  Victoria supposedly had a doctor's to see if there were medical reasons why she was gaining weight and not just an extremely poor diet.  Kelli even stated on camera that "something happened prior to rehearsal between Jinelle and Victoria.  Jinelle volunteered her time to help Victoria with nutrition and I'm not accusing anybody of dishonesty but there is something not adding up and I want to explore that." Rumor has it that it was a thyroid issue and Victoria supposedly admitted to it on social media, but the "doctor" that she said prescribed the medicine she was on wasn't licensed to prescribe those medicines and wasn't licensed to diagnose the issue on top of that.  There were other instances of lying, but these were the best-documented.

The stealing issue was a rumor that, during Victoria's first year as a veteran, another girl's very distinctive phone case was stolen from the locker room and Victoria just happened to show up with that very phone case (or an identical one) the very next day.

There might be other instances, but I'm not remembering them at the moment.

The phone thing suppobly happened her rookie year and it supposbly went missing during a show group performance 

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

The phone thing suppobly happened her rookie year and it supposbly went missing during a show group performance 

Ah, my mistake.  Thank you for the correction.

Edited by EricaShadows
16 hours ago, Meleighsa said:

I completely agree. The job seems incredibly challenging in a multitude of ways. If a dancer can hack it and earn her boots year after year, why wouldn't you want that kind of leadership, loyalty, and reliability? 

I don’t think they set a limit. It’s just that by five years, someone has usually done everything that can possibly be done within dcc, and if not, it’s because Kelly and Judy have chosen someone else, like point, or calendar cover. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Wahoodancer said:

I don’t think they set a limit. It’s just that by five years, someone has usually done everything that can possibly be done within dcc

Kashara, for example, said that's why she left after 4 years. Why risk injuries (jump splits) when you've done point 2 years, got on SG, became a GL, and done Pro Bowl? 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Kashara, for example, said that's why she left after 4 years. Why risk injuries (jump splits) when you've done point 2 years, got on SG, became a GL, and done Pro Bowl? 

…plus a job offer on DCC staff didn’t hurt either. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Anyone know who the rookies' boot buddies are?

Claire, Megan and Kylie

Jessica, Rebecca, Kali and Marissa P

Kelcey, Ashlinn, Kleine and Kayla

Jalyn, Mckenzie, Jensen, Christina and Karley

Ashlee, Armani, Madeline S, Kally and Zhenya

Not sure who Sophy or Amanda are with

Edited by MC123
Spelling
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MC123 said:

Claire, Megan and Kylie

Sophy and Amanda are together as boots just not sure who their vet boot buddy is 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, MC123 said:

Based on Kleine's reel on insta Ashlee's group is Group 4.

Ashlee, Mckenzie, Darian, Marissa, Kleine, Christina, KayDianna, Kayla and Karley

Maybe they moved around group numbers once the team was finalized maybe they decided to make group 3 tall group instead of group 4 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

I’m creeping out of my hole to comment…

I never “hated” VK. I don’t hate people I don’t know or have never met. 

What I greatly disliked (and I don’t think I’m alone in this) was the obvious, glaring special treatment she was given by TPTP in Season 13. There are too many examples for me to count and if you’ve watched the show you know what they are. No need to go there. 

All you have to do is watch Season 14 prelims and watch her fall out of her turn. Had it been anyone else who did that, Kelli would have put a big N in her book and moved on. Instead, Kelli laughs and says, “Oh, Victoria!” and Victoria moves on to semis. 

With that said, I do believe VK matured in that year between Season 13 and 14, and earned her spot that year. I wish her all the best in her return to the squad. 

Going back to my hole now…

• Like 7
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

What I greatly disliked (and I don’t think I’m alone in this) was the obvious, glaring special treatment she was given by TPTP in Season 13. There are too many examples for me to count and if you’ve watched the show you know what they are. No need to go there. 

All you have to do is watch Season 14 prelims and watch her fall out of her turn. Had it been anyone else who did that, Kelli would have put a big N in her book and moved on. Instead, Kelli laughs and says, “Oh, Victoria!” and Victoria moves on to semis. 

With that said, I do believe VK matured in that year between Season 13 and 14, and earned her spot that year. I wish her all the best in her return to the squad. 

it was prelims. anyone else also could have gone away with it if they had perfect legs and hair.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, MC123 said:

Claire, Megan and Kylie

Sophy and Amanda are with Marissa. This could include Elli (part of Marissa's boot buddy family last year) and Victoria (was Marissa's boot buddy during Marissa's rookie year).

Edited by whosadcc
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, whosadcc said:

Sophy and Amanda are with Marissa. This could include Elli (part of Marissa's boot buddy family last year) and Victoria (was Marissa's boot buddy during Marissa's rookie year).

Sophy called Victoria her boot buddy so it’s safe to safe she is part of the boot family also 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Maybe they moved around group numbers once the team was finalized maybe they decided to make group 3 tall group instead of group 4 

I have a feeling that the tall group will have the extra team member on and it will probably be Kelcey's group. Based on Oxnard pics Tori is in her group and based on insta comments Kali and Zhenya are in her group too who are all tall. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, MC123 said:

I have a feeling that the tall group will have the extra team member on and it will probably be Kelcey's group. Based on Oxnard pics Tori is in her group and based on insta comments Kali and Zhenya are in her group too who are all tall. 

Which ever group Jada is in is the tall group!

• Love 3

Unless someone who hasn’t posted their “I’m back!” picture is leaving for some reason, I’m counting 37. All confirmed returning vets look accounted for in videos or pictures from others, but Tyra’s Insta mysteriously disappeared yesterday?? Anyone else see that?

• Mind Blown 1
On 8/13/2022 at 3:09 PM, Meleighsa said:

I agree with this!  That said, I think TPTB have dig themselves a little bit of a hole, because point and some of the other accolades appear to have gone the way of seniority versus the best person for the job. 

I’ve come around with Kashara at point, mostly, but while Maddie, Amy, Rachel and Caroline all have their gifts, they don’t make sense to me as point.  There have been better options every time in terms of dance talent and sparkle. If a second year is the best person for the job, they should get it. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

Unless someone who hasn’t posted their “I’m back!” picture is leaving for some reason, I’m counting 37. All confirmed returning vets look accounted for in videos or pictures from others, but Tyra’s Insta mysteriously disappeared yesterday?? Anyone else see that?

She could be taking a social media break 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

In photos, VK has looked stunning and so thin, even in her face!  She still has the same beaming smile, but the rest of her face seems different.  Did she have work done?  She looks good!  She posted on her page thanks to the DCC staff for reaching out and checking on her over the past year, and also thanks to Kelli, Charlotte and Judy for their support.  
still curious about dynamics returning after a year off.  I took a leave from work once and it was TOUGH fitting in upon return...  more power to her!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Katmcc said:

VK seems happy but this weight loss really aged her face. 

I agree.  I'm not a hater at all.. I don't mind Victoria but whatever she has done has made her look like she's in her 30s... not early 20s.  It may be the heavy lashes or her makeup and if it is maybe they can do something to lighten it up🧐

• Love 1