Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E10: Snactiv; SMART Tire; Candi Video Chat; Black Sands

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

Kevin Hart - actor, investor and entrepreneur - brings his unique perspective and desire to inspire the country's sharpest entrepreneurs in an all-new episode. First into the Tank are entrepreneurs from Los Angeles, California, who pitch their fun tool that takes snacking to the next level. Entrepreneurs from Los Angeles, California, introduce their out-of-this-world product made from space-age materials that they hope will replace a goods patented before the lightbulb;

while entrepreneurs from Flossmoor, Illinois, present their online social network that allows fans to have a real connection with their favorite celebrities and influencers. Entrepreneurs from Middletown, Delaware, and Vancouver, British Columbia, hope their independent Black content book publishing company will help change the way people learn about African history. (TV-PG)

The Sharks in this episode are Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Kevin O'Leary, Lori Greiner and guest Shark Kevin Hart.

Kevin Hart is the guest shark, with the other Kevin, Lori, Barbara, and Mark.

1. Snactiv-a tool to eat junk food without trashing your fingers, papers, computers.     Kevin Hart and Lori make the deal.  

2. SMART Tire-A new material for tires.   Less enbironmental impact, won't fail.   High performance, airless tires that will never go flat.    Works for bicycles, autos,   Licensed from NASA.   The metal alloy core will have a rubber outside.    They will develop prototypes, car tire isn't there yet.   Big tire companies can't use this technology.     $2500 to $3,000 for the wheel set, for a bike.    Sounds like a car set will be just the tire, applied to your current rims, so about $700 per tire.    The isn't a company, it's still in the research phase.      Kevin (not Hart) says license it to a big tire company.     No deal.

3. Candi-online connector with celebrity, or other famous people.      Socail network to have video chats between fans, and star.   You go online, pick a time, and date, see the price, and the company sets up the interaction.   Investment request is way too high.    They need an app, and more development.   They need to get the app up and running, keep signing celebrities, and get repeat customers.   No deal. 

4. Black Sands-Entertainment company, black owned publising company.   They want to do animated series, in addition to publishing.  I think Kevin Hart will be a great partner, if they can work out a deal.   Kevin thinks the series, licensing of toys, and other items, will be very successful.  Since he already has a production company, then I think he'll be a great partner.    Mark and Kevin Hart want to partner with the company for 30% cut.   Kevin Hart and Mark make the deal.    

(For the Candi service, it's interactive between the fan, and the celebrity, live.   My understanding is Cameo is a taped video, but personalized.      I know people who had birthday greetings, or other occasions for a gift for friends, or relatives.     The price depends on the celebrity.)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

Watched this with my teenager and she immediately wanted the Snactiv thingy.  She Googled it, and they want $15 for one pair.  Then she looked on Amazon, and although this brand wasn’t listed, there were at least 5 very similar products, and they were selling multi packs for $15 or less.  I am still not giving her my credit card to buy any of them because I learned from Rain Man that a 3 cent toothpick works for cheese puffs (her snack of choice).

I knew the NASA tire guys weren’t getting a deal because their pitch was bad.  Plus the cost was crazy.  What is the space age material?  Is it recyclable?  Or will it end up in a landfill too?

I do not get the Candi biz.  Isn’t that what Cameo is, but just a longer conversation?  Personally, there isn’t any celeb I am willing to pay hundreds to for a 5 min chat.  

I really liked the concept of Black Sands.  I am glad they got a deal with Kevin Hart. My daughter is into anime and she thought the animation in the sample they showed was horrible.  I didn’t think it looked so great either.  Maybe some of Kevin’s cash can help with that.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Watched this with my teenager and she immediately wanted the Snactiv thingy.  She Googled it, and they want $15 for one pair.  Then she looked on Amazon, and although this brand wasn’t listed, there were at least 5 very similar products, and they were selling multi packs for $15 or less.  I am still not giving her my credit card to buy any of them because I learned from Rain Man that a 3 cent toothpick works for cheese puffs (her snack of choice).

I knew the NASA tire guys weren’t getting a deal because their pitch was bad.  Plus the cost was crazy.  What is the space age material?  Is it recyclable?  Or will it end up in a landfill too?

I do not get the Candi biz.  Isn’t that what Cameo is, but just a longer conversation?  Personally, there isn’t any celeb I am willing to pay hundreds to for a 5 min chat.  

I really liked the concept of Black Sands.  I am glad they got a deal with Kevin Hart. My daughter is into anime and she thought the animation in the sample they showed was horrible.  I didn’t think it looked so great either.  Maybe some of Kevin’s cash can help with that.

That’s what I was thinking too. The animation was terrible. Kevin could make it more professional. He’s Tiny Dog!  No, sorry, he’s Snowball. He calls the dog Tiny Dog.

Celeb convos, just no. I missed the beginning so I didn’t see the snack thingy. Have to catch on demand tomorrow. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie

I really disliked Kevin Hart. He just kept talking and talking...... 

The things that are being brought before the Sharks do not seem as interesting or investable as they used to be. Is it me or does anyone else agree?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NoThyme said:

I really disliked Kevin Hart. He just kept talking and talking...... 

The things that are being brought before the Sharks do not seem as interesting or investable as they used to be. Is it me or does anyone else agree?

I've been saying for a while that the values people put on their products are for the most part ridiculous and all they're looking for is free advertising by being on the program as they can't possibly be looking for a deal. There will be the odd one where they are realistic & not asking for a crazy amount in exchange for a tiny percentage. Maybe it's my memory playing tricks but didn't people come in asking a lot less for a lot more. 

My wife has given up watching & I'm about to follow her if it gets any worse & we can't be the only people.

• Love 1

The voice acting on that anime was awful too. BTW, didn’t know ancient Egyptians used steroids. 😏

I was pleasantly surprised by Kevin Hart as a shark. Good job. 
Candi: Dude, law school is three years so nothing to brag about there.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2
On 1/8/2022 at 11:20 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I've been saying for a while that the values people put on their products are for the most part ridiculous and all they're looking for is free advertising by being on the program as they can't possibly be looking for a deal. There will be the odd one where they are realistic & not asking for a crazy amount in exchange for a tiny percentage. Maybe it's my memory playing tricks but didn't people come in asking a lot less for a lot more. 

My wife has given up watching & I'm about to follow her if it gets any worse & we can't be the only people.

There was a coffee company owned by a veteran on the show several years ago. They didn't make a deal, but I read a couple of interviews the veteran gave afterwards, and he said Shark Tank had approached him about appearing on the show. So, I wonder how many people are on the show because... 
1. They really want to make a deal 
2. They just want free advertising 
3. They were approached to be on the show  

• Useful 7
On 1/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, LittleIggy said:

The voice acting on that anime was awful too. BTW, didn’t know ancient Egyptians used steroids. 😏

I was pleasantly surprised by Kevin Hart as a shark. Good job. 
Candi: Dude, law school is three years so nothing to brag about there.

I thought she said she finished undergrad in three years. Which is definitely faster than most people. But their product still seemed dumb, or at least too early for an investment. They hadn't even built an app yet.

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I thought she said she finished undergrad in three years. Which is definitely faster than most people. But their product still seemed dumb, or at least too early for an investment. They hadn't even built an app yet.

They both mentioned finishing undergrad in three years. The husband also said he finished law school in three years.

On 1/7/2022 at 6:30 PM, BusyOctober said:

Watched this with my teenager and she immediately wanted the Snactiv thingy.  She Googled it, and they want $15 for one pair.  Then she looked on Amazon, and although this brand wasn’t listed, there were at least 5 very similar products, and they were selling multi packs for $15 or less.  

I found the same thing.  Look pretty much like the same product.  I was doing something else while watching this, did anyone ask if they had competitors?

3 hours ago, lh25 said:

I found the same thing.  Look pretty much like the same product.  I was doing something else while watching this, did anyone ask if they had competitors?

The automatic reply would have been "There is nothing exactly like this on the market." 🙄

• Love 1

I was shocked by Kevin Hart’s determination to get that company….is he a fan of their work already?   Just becaus3 they may have a good idea for the concept doesn’t mean the stories are good…certainly the animation was not.   The entertainment industry is expensive to break into and risky. 

• Love 2
On 1/7/2022 at 9:30 PM, BusyOctober said:

Cameo is just pre-recorded celebrity messages. I guess Candi is a 5-minute chat. I would never pay to talk to a celeb, but people love giving Cameos as gifts so I guess Candi thinks they can do similarly. I would think a 5-minute conversation with a stranger would be super-awkward. On another note, my husband and I were looking at the Cameo website and the most expensive celeb on there is Mr. Wonderful. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I have been watching since the beginning and now, if I miss a show, I don't bother to go find it or record it. Lori has become too obnoxious and self-important for me. Mr. Obnoxious is just too annoying and HAS to add his comments/opinion in every situation, even if he is out. EVERY time there is something physical to try, Robert jumps in. It would be nice to mix it up a bit. I really don't like it when the shark won't let people listen for other offers, but, I guess if you are Mark Cuban and you make someone an offer, they should take it!

I also tend to go look at Amazon if I like something I see. I did get a couple of things - like the Wanna Date and a thing to use to take pics of your dogs. Sometimes I think they need a regular consumer on there to give the opinion of "real" people, but just last week Mark mentioned that polls and people's opinions aren't very helpful. OK. . .

• Love 1