Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: A Dog, a Mousse, and a Bat

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Why not just find a French restaurant and order delivery?

"Madame, Monsieur, Le Pooch..." 😄♥️

I knew the cop running her license wouldn't end well.

Good boy, Cannoli.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Why not just find a French restaurant and order delivery?

True. It's not like Gina doesn't have the money.

This is not a senior residence I'd want to live in. Very questionable staff.

Let's see, Gina has an expired license with many unpaid tickets? Open arrest warrants? Not really funny.

Ha. Ha. </Nelson> Drew got rolled. Maybe they should change the title to "Positive for (Hep) B." At least they're keeping him away from the rest of the cast. Smart move. Although, this story line may be a bit tone deaf considering the recent real life tragedy.

• Love 4

Did they forget he had a transplant? Maybe don't get super drunk, Drew?

They really have to  be trying to keep him away, because the logical thing to do with him would be to make him a counselor at the assisted living place. But they seem committed to not having a functional staff there.

• Love 7

It was a little odd seeing the actor who played the silent chef on Mom appearing in the same type of role here (supporting a wildly irresponsible head chef). At least he gets to talk this time!

And IIRC, Chef Rudy's food truck sold coq au vin - so I'm pretty sure he was cooking the same food in this episode that he was when we last saw him on Mom.

Edited by Blakeston
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

It was a little odd seeing the actor who played the silent chef on Mom appearing in the same type of role here (supporting a wildly irresponsible head chef). At least he gets to talk this time!

That's who he is!!

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, possibilities said:

Did they forget he had a transplant? Maybe don't get super drunk, Drew?

I googled, and while I didn't click anything, I got from the results page:

Renal transplant recipients (RTR) are often advised to refrain from alcohol because of possible interaction with their immunosuppressive medication. (from a 2011 pubmed link)

and

The recommended limits of alcohol for kidney transplant recipients are 3-4 units a day for men and 2-3 units a day for women. It is recommended that no more than 14 units of alcohol are consumed, with at least a few alcohol-free days, each week, for both male and female kidney transplant recipients.

The second one is more recent so maybe guidelines and/or drug regimens have changed some?

Either way, it seems like tequila shots with a stranger are a bad idea.

• Love 2

I hated Gina ditching Norma on the way to her surgery.

8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Either way, it seems like tequila shots with a stranger are a bad idea.

I didn't even think about the medical implications of Drew getting drunk; I was too distracted thinking about how Drew had seemingly awoken in Hannah's motorhome (which would be an old clunker that couldn't start) and she had driven off in his shiny new ride, with the title correctly signed over to her. 

7 hours ago, possibilities said:

They really have to  be trying to keep him away, because the logical thing to do with him would be to make him a counselor at the assisted living place. But they seem committed to not having a functional staff there.

I wonder if making Drew a therapist at the facility was the plan before his social media presence blew up with stories of the actor Middleditch's ickiness? 
Maybe having Drew in the purgatory of living in an RV on the road represents the actor's real life status vis a vis the show right now?
Like: Maybe the producers are hoping Middleditch's social media Fall From Grace will dissipate, and then he can come home, or else they just write him out if it gets renewed?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I wonder if making Drew a therapist at the facility was the plan before his social media presence blew up with stories of the actor Middleditch's ickiness? 

I haven't seen anything about that since it first came out (I don't follow him; I was only familiar with him from late night interviews and stuff like that before this show and I only watched because the premise sounded interesting); has there been more recent stuff? I feel like eventually they're going to either have to get rid of him somehow or incorporate him into the show beyond him alone in an RV. I doubt anyone is interested in the adventures of inexperienced RVer Drew on the road.

• Love 4

Yeah, I thought for sure they were writing Drew out of the show but I guess not. Maybe they just wanted to get rid of his house because the set was taking up space. 

They are going to have to kill off Meredith pretty soon and that's going to be depressing.

This show is a mess and that is disappointing to me.  When the focus was supposed to be on kidney patients I thought it was funny but should have been more realistic.  Now the assisted living focus is also unrealistic, and not so funny.  Gina’s only real ability is being personable and having the residents all love her.

Drew in the van doesn’t make much sense at all, and that plot can’t even really get off the ground.  If he hasn’t got sense enough to be wary of Hanna, he’s not gonna make it very far.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, CattyK said:

Drew in the van doesn’t make much sense at all, and that plot can’t even really get off the ground.  If he hasn’t got sense enough to be wary of Hanna, he’s not gonna make it very far.  

Did he get any further than the 12 miles he said in the beginning?

I came to this show for the original premise. I likely won't continue watching after this season. I may not even come back after the Christmas break. The average writing was OK when I liked the premise (I like medical stuff), but can't sustain a show where I have no real interest in the scenarios being presented. I might have stayed for sassy Eli, but not this version.

• Love 6

Getting rid of Drew is the most obvious move ever.

1. The cast is bloated as it is.

2. His story arc ended last season.

3. I've seen no indication that the Drew character is especially popular.

4. He has no romantic chemistry with Gina.

5. The actor's been me-tooed.

Why would they even consider keeping him on the show?

• Love 10

I watched a few episodes in its first season, but when I read of what a sleaze Thomas Middleditch was, I quit. However, I still see the commercials, and some of the opening scene when the program I record right before overlaps. I saw the opening scene of this episode, and I could not believe that Jane Seymour was the bimbo with the long blonde hair. She's so beautiful, why would they put her in that awful wig? 

I still find the actress who plays Gina to be supremely annoying, and the reboot of the series of her buying an old folks' home to be really stupid.

• Love 2
On 12/10/2021 at 8:30 AM, shapeshifter said:

I didn't even think about the medical implications of Drew getting drunk; I was too distracted thinking about how Drew had seemingly awoken in Hannah's motorhome (which would be an old clunker that couldn't start) and she had driven off in his shiny new ride, with the title correctly signed over to her. 

I thought he woke up in his own RV but discovered his wallet was empty. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I thought he woke up in his own RV but discovered his wallet was empty. Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

Oh, you are correct, @eel21788!
I was just sharing how I interpreted the scene in the couple of moments before it was revealed that just his wallet was empty.
I just didn't word my post very clearly. 😑

If they wanted to get rid of him, the easy thing would have been to have him go to Europe to  be with his girlfriend who went there for cancer treatments. They went out of their way to keep him here, then they sent him off again. It's a mess. This entire show is a mess, though. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, possibilities said:

If they wanted to get rid of him, the easy thing would have been to have him go to Europe to  be with his girlfriend who went there for cancer treatments. They went out of their way to keep him here, then they sent him off again. It's a mess. This entire show is a mess, though. 

Exactly!  Whoever is in charge of the plot keeps changing direction.  Or maybe the people who make those decisions keep changing.  
to me the girlfriend with cancer plot was great.  So many people are living with long term illnesses/treatments , it seemed relevant.  There was some pretty good dark humor in those episodes as I recall.

• Love 7
On 12/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, possibilities said:

Yes! Then you could have kept Gina & Eli together, he could've have been the next one to get a kidney.

Or...if tptb really wanted to switch to "Gina runs a retirement home", they could go all in, instead of this back and forth between Gina/Drew and Gina/retirement home. They have a talented cast, they're just not using them very well. 

Like you said, this show is a mess. I think I'm out

• Love 3