Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Unknown Origin

jewel21
  • Start Topic

When the first day of Kit's experimental Flight Go team program sends Conrad out into the field, he builds a new relationship with a fellow doctor along for the ride. Devon works with Trevor for the first time on a patient with a mysterious fever. Bell is hiding a secret from the whole staff and they are starting to become suspicious.

Airdate: 12/07/2021

I like this Go Team doctor better as a love interest for Conrad than any of the other females they've introduced this season or last season.

Damn, they're going to make us wait until Feb for HODAD's diagnosis. Not cool, show.

Go Team doctor might be in witness protection.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4

New doc seems cool but on a shallow note, I'd like to trim those eyebrows.

Conrad's kit is cute but I hope we see less of her and the child care lady from now on.  

And Trevor is still learning and growing, so that's a good thing. 

• Love 3

This show needs some better plots.

I have no doubt that Trevor will, despite his irritating personality and selfishness, somehow become a brilliant doctor because the show is completely predictable. 

Bell probably has something serious that will affect his ability to be a surgeon BUT he's a brilliant teacher so a role will be found for him at the hospital. 

Conrad and Mystery Doctor might be a thing but I am willing to bet something is wrong with her qualifications which will affect their ability to come together. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Among all the characters, I don’t understand why the writers chose Billie to be the one who broke the news to Kit about Bell, during a surgery! It’s really out of her character. We know she is a private person and not into gossip, so why her?

Re Cade Sullivan with no digital footprint and being cagey about her professional life, am guessing she’s in WITSEC or on the run from abusive ex etc.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Cade Sullivan with no digital footprint and being cagey about her professional life, am guessing she’s in WITSEC or on the run from abusive ex etc.

My first thought is that she might be transgender (not a subject one starts openly discussing), and is probably why there is no current digital footprint. Of course, I doubt show would go there, but you never know anymore.

I had read it in the press releases but I didn't appreciate how dumb Kincade Sullivan sounds as a name until I heard it spoken. At least her introduction was a positive one rather than Billie being a jerk or Trevor being a boundary pushing creep. Neither character has recovered from their first impressions for me. 

• Like 1

The new ER doc seemed both sullen and wooden although she was attractive. Conrad’s babysitter is not attractive and they don’t seem to have anything in common besides Gigi. Gigi looks just like Nic to me so good casting.

I wonder if hospitals really put that much effort into finding out what is wrong versus just treating symptoms. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I’m just glad the Cat of Plot Contrivance (to up the drama at the accident scene) was all right in the end! That cat carrier took quite a tumble.

Guessing that Bell will end up being a surgical coach if whatever condition he has isn’t fatal.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Among all the characters, I don’t understand why the writers chose Billie to be the one who broke the news to Kit about Bell, during a surgery! It’s really out of her character. We know she is a private person and not into gossip, so why her?

Actually, Billie being head of surgery should have been advised by Bell of his decision not to operate, and she, in turn would have asked WHY.

Kit, being CEO, is too involved in day to day stuff.

ETA: I wonder what the org chart for Chastain looks like.

Edited by preeya
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Driad said:

Near the end, when Hawkins went to talk with Bell about his secret and possibly serious problem, why didn't one of them close the office door?

Is it really going to be a secret at this hospital? Really?

Considering Bell's prior reputation for butchery (I remember season one if the writers don't) I feel like Bell exiting the surgery that he was supposed to help with and then pulling himself off surgery despite emergencies would have EVERYONE talking. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 12/7/2021 at 8:50 PM, NeenerNeener said:

Damn, they're going to make us wait until Feb for HODAD's diagnosis. Not cool, show.

Bastaaaaaaaaaards!!!!  ::shakes tiny fist of fury::

14 hours ago, Driad said:

Near the end, when Hawkins went to talk with Bell about his secret and possibly serious problem, why didn't one of them close the office door?

That'll be the first thing they do when they return in February ;)

• Love 1
On 12/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, bros402 said:

I'm hoping that it turns out that Sullivan is an actual doctor, just hiding from someone - maybe an ex, abusive parents, etc. - since she seems like she could be a good fit for Cornad

That's my impression, like Jo on Grey's Anatomy. To have no digital footprint at all means somebody either has never used a computer or smartphone, is anti-social, or they're hiding from somebody and the name they give is not their real one.

She could be a great fit for Conrad, but I still do wonder why the rush to pair him somebody. Emily Van Camp just left the show. Maybe have Conrad gain a proper rapport and friendship with Sullivan for the rest of the season, and then next season put them together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

She could be a great fit for Conrad, but I still do wonder why the rush to pair him somebody. Emily Van Camp just left the show. Maybe have Conrad gain a proper rapport and friendship with Sullivan for the rest of the season, and then next season put them together.

Isn't there a five year time jump in the show since Emily Van Camp left?  I don't think it's unusual to pair Conrad up with someone after five years.

39 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Isn't there a five year time jump in the show since Emily Van Camp left?  I don't think it's unusual to pair Conrad up with someone after five years.

In the story, it has been 3-4 years, but in real time, for viewers, VanCamp's character just left. We've seen Conrad with Nic for the first 4 seasons of the show. And now, in less than a year after last season ended with him and Nic fawning over their first child, he's going to be in a different relationship. There are many storylines that Conrad can do that don't require him to have a relationship in this season. We don't want him alone forever, but at least give us, the viewers, some time.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

In the story, it has been 3-4 years, but in real time, for viewers, VanCamp's character just left. We've seen Conrad with Nic for the first 4 seasons of the show. And now, in less than a year after last season ended with him and Nic fawning over their first child, he's going to be in a different relationship. There are many storylines that Conrad can do that don't require him to have a relationship in this season. We don't want him alone forever, but at least give us, the viewers, some time.

Ok, 3-4 years but it's in show time.  Are we supposed to wait 3-4 years in real time for Conrad to move on?  I don't see an issue here, JMHO.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Ok, 3-4 years but it's in show time.  Are we supposed to wait 3-4 years in real time for Conrad to move on?  I don't see an issue here, JMHO.

That's why I said next season. Not 3-4 years in real time. Is it really too slow to spend the rest of the season having Conrad and Cade develop a rapport and build a friendship, to the point where she feels comfortable explaining her past to him, and then put them together next season? One issue that plagues too many of these shows is that they want to ship characters together way too fast, instead of taking the time to let the characters work their way towards another. JMHO.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/20/2021 at 1:09 PM, WinJet0819 said:

To have no digital footprint at all means somebody either has never used a computer or smartphone, is anti-social, or they're hiding from somebody and the name they give is not their real one.

I can believe that someone would have no social media presence, but it's pretty hard these days (I am watching the show in 2024, which is not much different in that sense from 2021) to have a life with no digital footprint at all. You have to provide basic information to get an apartment or a job, especially for a medical professional, and that information goes into various databases. If this new doctor was working at Atlanta General under the name she gave to Chastain (and apparently she was since Kit called AG to check her out and heard praise), at a minimum there should be a digital record of her with that name as an employee of AG. She also claims to be double board-certified, which should be verifiable by checking the databases of those boards or at least calling the boards. Once Pravesh was getting 0 results in his first couple of searches, he should have checked her board certifications.

I'm sure there are some medical professional impostors, but she did seem to have the skills she claimed to have. I doubt she could be in WITSEC working as a doctor in the same field as she worked before WITSEC, because she might be easy to trace--and based on my vast knowledge of WITSEC (LOL--based on what I've seen on TV), you have to change your type of job as well as your location. I do think she is likely fleeing abuse or maybe even a cult. Changing her name because she is transgender would be an interesting plot, but I agree with the poster above that the writers probably wouldn't go there.  

15 hours ago, Paloma said:

I'm sure there are some medical professional impostors, but she did seem to have the skills she claimed to have. I doubt she could be in WITSEC working as a doctor in the same field as she worked before WITSEC, because she might be easy to trace--and based on my vast knowledge of WITSEC (LOL--based on what I've seen on TV), you have to change your type of job as well as your location. I do think she is likely fleeing abuse or maybe even a cult. Changing her name because she is transgender would be an interesting plot, but I agree with the poster above that the writers probably wouldn't go there.  

They don't disclose what policies WITSEC has, but here's some info

They do change location (but usually do a small city instead of a small town) - to somewhere that isn't where you'd want to go like Hawaii or something like that. 

• Useful 1