Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E09: It's a Mad Mad Pool Party

• Start Topic

Scheana struggles with her post-baby body, while James sets a new goal for himself as his two-year sobriety anniversary approaches; Ariana and Sandoval throw a pool party; Sandoval and Katie clash over the future of the bar; Lala confronts...

I am so totally beyond tired of hearing about the Toms' future failed business! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Katie is such a Debbie downer. She ruins joy lol. She reminds me of an ex friend I had and there’s a reason she’s an ex friend.

Sandoval is ridiculous tho. He’s just too much sometimes. All those cocktails will they be too much to make? Like will they even be able to make money off them lol.

James please you’ve always been an asshole. It has nothing to do with you being sober and other ppl drinking around you.

Katie really doesn’t need to be a part of the bar. She is just too negative. Brings everyone down.

Brock does kind of entertain me.

Lalas impression of Sandoval did make me laugh a bit.

Love Tom and Ariana’s dog Maya. Very cute.

Well LaLa you and Rand are broken up so your relationship isn’t something to strive to lol.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

With the caveat in place that I don't actually like anyone on a reality show: I kind of like Brock; he's silly and fun.  James makes me laugh and has the "British humor" LVP thinks/wishes she had, and I hope he can sober up and act right.  I liked Charlie last year when she was making fun of Jax - she should have been kept a "friend of" - when you are too shallow to bring something to this show you need to reassess.  Also her pool outfit was not flattering - has she been tasting lots of pasta?

The question I had when they were golfing, I think because I was doing something else and Schwartz' voice sounded like Jax's several times when I wasn't looking:  do they still hang out with Jax and Brittany off camera?  If anyone follows them on SM I'd love to know - thanks in advance!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, princelina said:

With the caveat in place that I don't actually like anyone on a reality show: I kind of like Brock; he's silly and fun.  James makes me laugh and has the "British humor" LVP thinks/wishes she had, and I hope he can sober up and act right.  I liked Charlie last year when she was making fun of Jax - she should have been kept a "friend of" - when you are too shallow to bring something to this show you need to reassess.  Also her pool outfit was not flattering - has she been tasting lots of pasta?

The question I had when they were golfing, I think because I was doing something else and Schwartz' voice sounded like Jax's several times when I wasn't looking:  do they still hang out with Jax and Brittany off camera?  If anyone follows them on SM I'd love to know - thanks in advance!

I follow them on ig and it looks like Jax Brittany Kristen her guy Stassi Beau Schwartz and Katie seem to still hang but I don’t think Sandoval or Ariana hang with that crowd. LaLa and Rand were bff with Jax and Brittany but that was probably cause Rand got Jax very minor producer jobs lol so who knows now.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Some of the Mad Max get-ups were pretty good. I liked Brock’s hair.

These people are so comfortable showing so much skin. Even when I think my body looks great, I am not comfortable showing that much skin.

Lala imitating Sandoval was funny. “I flew in some lavender from Thailand.”

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, FrankieTankie said:

Charlie is an idiot …. She’s acting like that guy groped the shit out of her … she initiated the interaction then was a complete bitch towards him

Disagree.  

• Love 7

I almost forgot to watch this last night. Not a good sign...

• The guys play golf while the gals do Pilates with a scary instructor. Eventually, Flat-Iron Tom has to play "butt golf" after losing a bet.
  • "Tom Sanctimonivol". Heh.
  • FI Tom talks about having another "brainstorming" session for the doomed new business's cocktails. Why aren't they doing any real work that matters? I think I quit watching the season Tom Tom opened up, but wasn't successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks chiding FI-T for doing the same thing?🤔
  • Brock announces his birthday party theme will be "Mad Max". I have no clue how that would work, but I don't blame Schemer for being confused if she watched the movie from a couple years ago.
  • Schemer speedos?!?!?!? 😱
  • Tom (or Tom) and Katie argue some more about the same crap again. 🙄
  • DJ Muppet Baby visits a family friend who's been sober for over 20 years for advice. Just as a I suspected, he stopped going to AA meetings after a couple of them. Oh yeah, he also gets stoned every day.
  • Tom and Tom sure put a LOT of effort into the drinks for their doomed business... are any of them even practical?
  • Brock shows us how to shoe-a-beer. 🤮
  • Schemer tattles to FI-T about what Katie and LaLa said about him, then they confront her about what she told FI-T.
  • Sexy successfully businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks speedos for Shwartz?!?!? 😱

Next week: Remember that "paddling" Shwartz got last week? Well, he's going through his punishment, much to Katie's dismay.🤣

• Love 7

Brock reminds me of a St Bernard puppy. A little bumbling, a little drooly, full of energy and huggable.

Hahaha I have been puzzling over FI Tom and just figured out that it means Flat Iron haha you all are so darn funny!

Schwartz is such a putz. Katie is a bag filled with poo, left on someone's doorstep. Sandoval's ego is so large, I'm surprised he can walk upright. 

James is a dillhole, and it's disappointing because he IS funny, and can be very sweet, and has a lot of potential, (when he's sober and working on it)if he could get out of his own way, and stop being such a ragey asshole when someone hurts his feelings. 

• Love 10

Why are the two doofuses worried about new cocktails when there's so very much to get done and finalize before that? Do they not know that smoked cocktails aren't anything new?

It's so obvious how little they were involved with Tom Tom by watching this Schwartz & Sandy's crap. (Dumbest name ever)

• Love 11

I don't care about the new bar's name. Nobody (but Katie) cares.  It will sink or swim on its reputation. Not its name.

Charli looked kinda fat in her pool outfit and I couldn't figure out the fishnet fabric. Katie looked completely fat.  

Katie, do us a favor and leave your husband.  No surprise but you will never, ever come in first in his life.  Never.  If you care about that, then leave.  Please.  Seriously, please leave.

Lala, I hope your daughter turns out okay.  I think that is an uphill battle but hopefully you grow up soon or at least go home for her sake.

LVP, you need to give this up or recast this show. It is really over.

Edited by albarino
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, princelina said:

Also - how about that poor fright who led the pilates class? 😖   Scheana - if you're reading here - your "post baby body" looks a million times better than that!

Yes, she looked awful!!!  I mean, I know that a lot of women in LA want to be skinny (I mean skinny, not just thin), but she definitely looked frightening.  Not at ALL how any woman should aspire to look like, or take any kind of health instructions from!  And NO, I would never body-shame any woman for being thin, but the instructor was actually malnourished.  You would have to constantly starve yourself to look like that.

7 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

What Tom? I couldn't understand you with Sandoval's dick in your mouth.

I just can't pay attention to anything he says with that effing moustache.  This wasn't filmed in November (where a lot of men grow moustache for 'Movember' to raise money and awareness for men's health), so there's no excuse for that god-awful look. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Jon Taffer will whip that bar into shape.

What's he like?  Is he like Gordon Ramsey?  Because I would pay to see someone like GR spitting out how shit TT bar is.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, did anyone really think Tom Tom would be a success?

I thought it would - because it's Lisa and Ken who are very savvy at design and theme.  The two chucklefucks were gifted a 10% stake and really did nothing more than attend ONE design meeting (arriving late) where they made absolute asses of themselves.  And the one episode where they swung a sledgehammer.  Oh yes, they designed cocktails.  Like there aren't plenty of skilled and brilliant mixologists in L.A. (in fact, didn' someone else come up with a lot of the cocktails?) that could do that as well.  

Now, they think they're going to parlay their "vast" experience into opening their own establishment?  Yeah okay.    Unless I missed something along the way (entirely possible), I believe Lisa offered to buy them out of Tom Tom to allow them to get some funds to get started.  However, she DIDN'T offer to partner up with them on the new venture, did she?  (Personally, I think KEN would like these two to get bought out and go away).

41 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

What's he like?  Is he like Gordon Ramsey? 

Oh heck to the yeah.  You can catch reruns of his show "Bar Rescue" on Paramount.

No doubt staged, staged, staged, but man he does NOT hold back when he goes after incompetent bar owners.

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

What's he like?  Is he like Gordon Ramsey?  Because I would pay to see someone like GR spitting out how shit TT bar is.

John Taffer is more low key than GR, but he's blunt and honest and he does mean business.  Some bar owners think they know everything and fight him every step of the way - like Sandoval will if the Bar Rescue dream becomes a reality 😄

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, princelina said:

John Taffer is more low key than GR, but he's blunt and honest and he does mean business.  Some bar owners think they know everything and fight him every step of the way - like Sandoval will if the Bar Rescue dream becomes a reality 😄

They have a decent spot - next to The Oaks Gourmet Restaurant - which is also owned by their chief investor Greg Morris. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Marley said:

I follow them on ig and it looks like Jax Brittany Kristen her guy Stassi Beau Schwartz and Katie seem to still hang but I don’t think Sandoval or Ariana hang with that crowd. LaLa and Rand were bff with Jax and Brittany but that was probably cause Rand got Jax very minor producer jobs lol so who knows now.

Sandoval and Ariana hang out with them too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2021 at 11:18 PM, FrankieTankie said:

Charlie is an idiot …. She’s acting like that guy groped the shit out of her … she initiated the interaction then was a complete bitch towards him 

I thought she was behaving like a tease, but OTOH, that doesn't make it OK for him to grope her. 

Who wants to wager more of this scene will show up on next week's "unseen yet" show?

19 hours ago, Lassus said:

I mean, did anyone really think Tom Tom would be a success?

The only reason I thought Tom Tom would have a chance at being successful was Flat-Iron Tom and Schwartz's very limited (10%?) involvement. Swartz and Sandy's? I'd give it a non-zero value if I were feeling generous.

19 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Why are the two doofuses worried about new cocktails when there's so very much to get done and finalize before that? Do they not know that smoked cocktails aren't anything new?

How can you "get done and finalize" something you haven't begun?😏

19 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Jon Taffer will whip that bar into shape.

Based on Bar Rescue, I have serious doubts about Jon Taffer's abilities, but his new name would be by default better than the current one.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

The only reason I thought Tom Tom would have a chance at being successful was Flat-Iron Tom and Schwartz's very limited (10%?) involvement.

I will admit to having forgotten this until others (and yourself) brought it up.

• Love 1
On 12/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Watching a future episode of "Bar Rescue" from the beginning.......

I would love to see Jon Taffer show up at Shwarz & Sandys & start yelling at everybody. He would tell Katie to shut it down !

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The WWCL guys are so funny. They said Scheana’s interpretation of the most horrifying dystopian world would be one in which none of her clothes look good on her anymore because she just can’t seem to lose the baby weight.

WWCL?

I'm watching the "extended footage" version and they showed:

• DJ Muppet Baby telling the family friend about  he and Raquel having babies.
  • DJ Muppet Baby meets the family friend's dog, who pees on the couch.
  • Arianna drunkenly ogling the men in their silly speedos

Upon watching the incident with Charlie a second time, she was right to react the way she did to the grabby friend of Brock's.

• Love 2